ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanficti...

By Iris270902_

[Under editing] Anam Cara : A person with whom you can share your deepest thoughts, fears and feeling. ... More

• Nandini Murthy •
• Manik Malhotra •
1. A Tune that Struck
2. Tangled Cords
3. Negotiations
5. Frustration & Feelings
6. Mending with a Thread
7. An Eventful Evening
8. Locked Away
9. Bending To His Will
10. Shattering Prejudices
11. "She Is A Mystery!"
12. Poking The Tigress
13. Pulling The Breaks
chapter 15 : Imagination
chapter 16 : Preparations
chapter 17 : My Buddy
chapter 18: Manan Missing??
chapter 19: Drunken Moments
chapter 20 : Aftereffects
chapter 21 : Surprises And Shocks.
chapter 22 : Love Story
chapter 23: The Bachelor's
chapter 24: Ammu
chapter 25 : Past By The Sea
Chapter 26: I Am With You
chapter 27 : Stalking Him
Chapter 28 :Forlorn Lanes
Chapter 29 : The Escape.
Chapter 30 : Realization Hits!
Chapter 31: #Muku ka Abhi
Chapter 32: The Family Brunch
Chapter 33 : Unofficially Official
Chapter 34 : Indirect Confession
Chapter 35: The Language of Love
Chapter 36: Growing Relations
Chapter 37: Ray of Hope
Chapter 38: Mantra For Life
Chapter 39 : Misson Is On.
Chapter 40: A Whole New World
Chapter 41: Sanam Mere Sanam
Chapter 42: One Time Wonder
Chapter 43: The Fab 5
Happy New Year!!!
Chapter 44 : Coupling
Chapter 45: Solitude
Chapter 46: A Day Out
Chapter 47: Sunset And You
Chapter 48 : Re-living
Chapter 49: Goodbyes
Chapter 50: Without You...
Chapter 51: Tashan
PROMO
Chapter 52 : The Begining of US
Chapter 53: The Night of Love
Chapter 54 : Flowers for You
Chapter 55: Will you be my date?
Chapter 56: Understanding Manik
Chapter 57 : My Metanoia
Chapter 58 : Badimaa
Chapter 59 : The Charity Gala
Chapter 60 : Broken
Chapter 61: Bhula Dena Mujhe
Chapter 62 : THE Day
Chapter 63: Truth of The Past (1)
Chapter 63: Truth of the Past (2)
PROMO
Chapter 64: The Last Fight
Chapter 65: Forever?
(Bonus) Chapter 66: The Sea of Love
Sequal

4. Cupids

6.9K 501 37
By Iris270902_

|| मैंने जिन्दगी में दोस्त नहीं ढुंढे मैंने एक दोस्त में जिन्दगी ढुंढी हैं। ||

🔹🔹🔹

Please vote and comment ❤️

Through the bustling streets of Mumbai, Nandini's Audi was whizzing past the traffic, with she not caring much about her safety. Rash and fast driving was one of her ways to contain her anger. She would just take any car and go about driving rashly at any peaceful spot of the city. Right now, as she was returning from the cafe, it was the busy streets bearing her brunt.

While she was driving even, her mind showed her a reel of what all had happened at the cafe. A moment she did not like at all. She hated the feeling of being helpless and she was feeling exactly that.

~•~

"We take contracts in return of money, so not to make it a contract and go against my policy, I am making it an agreement without money. I will walk for your brand and in return you can accompany me for a coffee, lunch and dinner", Manik grinned victoriously, while Nandini stood gaping. She had no idea how to react to his absurd demand. In a quick span for two days, for the second time, Manik had made her speechless. She needed a reboot to tackle him. She quietly left the cafe leaving a hanging Manik behind.

Manik who was watching her go had a rumble of thoughts in his mind. It was true that he was not willing to put up his morals up for a toss, but this was certainly not in his mind. He was just figuring out how can he spend some more time with this enigmatic personality. He had no idea what took over his mind that he thought about this and uttered it aloud.

Nandini on the other hand, was standing in one of the corners, hidden from Manik's sight, pressing her temples for Manik had triggered a headache. Manik's demand was beyond her understanding and there is only one person who can advise right now. She dialled the same number, or we can say the only number.

"He wants to go on 3 meals with me instead of taking his fee", she blurted out. The irritation in her tone made Aryaman giggle but he stifled it for it would have miffed her more. "So what's the problem?", he asked as calmly as he could. "Have you gone mad? I am not going to spend another minute with him and you're talking about meals", for the first time in his life, he was having fun at Nandini's cost.

"Why Nandini? What's the problem in this?", he again asked, annoying her to the limit. "Arya seriously! How can I go with him. Don't you know what he did that night?", such ignorance was not expected of him.
"What? You only said it was nothing", and there it was. Nandini was trapped in Aryaman's word play. Either way out meant she had to acknowledge that Manik did have some effect on her. She very well understood the trap.

"Umm...", speechless. Completely speechless she was. Aryaman grinned on that side as he knew he has checkmated her. "Moreover Nandini, you have to rope in Manik, else we won't have a show stopper", another nail in the coffin. "Fine", she was so agitated that she did not wait to hear his reply and cut the call. Peeping inside, she saw Manik fiddling on his phone. 'Another headache!! ', she though, yet made her way inside.

"Ahem!", she faked cough to gain Manik's attention. But, what she didn't know was his attention was on her since the time she left him hanging for an answer. He was watching her talk with absolute irritation to someone on phone and then peep inside to see if he's looking.

"Yes Ms. Murthy! Do we have an agreement?", he asked suppressing the smile that was threatening to come out. "See you tomorrow at the show Mr. Malhotra", she declared. Manik got up to shake hands with her but, he forgot it was Nandini Murthy who he has outsmarted. She will take the revenge. Anyhow.

She did not spare another glance and went about her way, with Manik's hand hanging in the air. It was probably the first time in his life that someone refused a handshake with him. "It is going to be pretty interesting", he thought and indeed it was going to be one such.

~•~

While the storm may have changed its course from the Cafe Trendz to Murthy Mansion, the one who started it was still sitting in the cafe pondering over something as well as waiting for someone.

Manik was still in the aftermath of his meeting with Nandini. It was hard for him to believe his luck. How can he land up in a contract err agreement with the person who he was dying to meet. This opportunity popped in from thin air. There was, in his mind, a small cloud of doubt, which was confirmed when he saw an article titled, "Model Cabir Dhawan thrown out of Nandini Murthy's fashion show".

Manik was trying to recall if Cabir mentioned something regarding it. He did want to work with Nandini, but he will never take that work which is rightfully Cabir's. You can call it his morals or his friendship, it doesn't matter. That's why, the moment he read this, the first phone went to Cabir, and he as if waiting for it, Cabir told Manik to stay back at the cafe and he'll meet him there. Thus, Manik was still sitting in the cafe waiting for this mystery to solve.

Being the impatient chap that he is, Manik was tapping his foot and abusing Cabir for wasting his time, where rightly he should be with his family. He is surely not gonna leave him. Finally, he saw Cabir walk into the cafe. Had he been alone, Manik would have grabbed him by his neck the first thing but when he saw another familiar face company him, he stopped his inner bff to come out.

"Manik meet someone", the way Cabir looked at Manik, with that teasing smirk got Manik thinking who this fellow was. "Hi Manik. It's Aryaman Khurana", they had an informal handshake and then sat down to have the long impending talk.

"What is happening?", he tried whispering in Cabir's ears who instead of answering him in person said it out aloud,"Aye stop gossiping like an aunty Manik". Everyone around gave weird looks to Manik while Aryaman stiffed a smile looking at their friendship. In spite of being in the same fields, they never let it come between each other. Instead, they would give up work for each others.

"Manik, I know you don't understand what's happening but just listen to us and you will understand everything", Aryaman spoke with extreme calm. He did wanted Manik to have a clear idea about what was happening. He deserved to know. Manik gave him a nod allowing him to go ahead.

"I am, Nandini's business partner and...her friend. Almost her brother", now this was again a punch, for Manik. His already confused mind was more confused now. When a deal was already done what was he doing here? "I am here to talk to you as her brother and not as her partner", things were going to get a bit twisty, everyone knew.

"I am not sure if you remember the night of that wedding but believe me I can not forget it", Manik was peering into his face with utmost serious expressions. "Because that day, I saw the glimpse of a different Nandini. That Nandini, which I have lost to this world over time", the hopefullness with which Aryaman was talking struck right at his heart.

Cabir and Manik shared a glance at each other, not quite understanding the backstory. Even if they were very curious to know what had happened they kept the basic decency of respecting his personal boundary. He carried on, "Look I don't know if you harbour some emotions for her or no, but I am sure there were some sparks", Manik could have denied feeling any sparks but he gave a plain nod to him and let him continue.

"All I am asking is, to give a chance. A chance at being something", the pleading eyes of Aryaman and the helplessness in his voice made Manik sympathies with him as well as wondering what kind of a personality is Nandini Murthy actually. How many layers are there to be unraveled?

"Now that I am asking you to do this. It's my responsibility to give you a disclaimer too", there came another brow twitching moment for the two friends who were listening. "She is not a person who can be dealt with easily. You need to patient and resilient. She can be like a stone if she decides. In fact she is".

It was like destiny throwing a challenge at Manik. He was sure he had something for her. Not an intense feelings but visible enough to be recognised. "Aryaman, I cannot promise you anything. I can just say that I am looking forward to working with her and then if destiny plans we'll be something more", Manik's words could be taken both as a no and a yes. Aryaman decided to be positive and take it as a yes.

"That is your decision. I totally respect that", Aryaman smiled getting up from the table and shaking hands with him. Before their talks could go on Manik had to excuse himself for an important phone call disturbed them. While Manik was attending the call at one corner, Cabir decided to speak out the question bubbling in his mind.

"Umm...Aryaman?", he caught his attention before speaking. "I understand your concern for your sister but...even I am concerned regarding Manik. As you told about Nandini, I know Manik is capable of handling people like that but i also know he tends to get over involved with people. And I, in no circumstances want him to he hurt. Can you make sure whatever happens your Nandini doesn't hurt my Manik?", all the apprehensions that Cabir had, he voiced it in this monologue.

Until that very moment, Aryaman had a main steam thinking that two celebrities can never be true friends. They may call each other BFFs and all but they will stab at the back once you trust them. Within one meeting with this adorable duo, his thinking had taken a 360° turn. All relations might not be true in this show buzz but there are exceptions like these.

To clear out Cabir's uneasiness regarding this, Aryaman said, "I take the guarantee that Nandini will never intentionally hurt Manik. She may have shut herself to feelings but she still had humane element to her". Cabir however, still had his anxiety on the place. Aryaman could have justified more, but he let it be for he knew, there was no way his insecurity would go. He himself stays quite anxious for Nandini, it was a familiar feeling for him.

Manik was back soon after. Biding their goodbyes and exchanging numbers, Aryaman was walking out on the duo when he turned and gazed at Manik, with a smirky smile, "Waise that Lunch Diner and coffee idea was number uno", leaving behind a crimson cheek Manik and a rolling with laughter Cabir.

Aryaman was leaving the cafe with contentment in his heart. The way Manik spoke once again came as a beacon of hope, for him and for Nandini's life. It was then all upon destiny. How it pans out Manan's life from there.

~•~

Another brand new chapter ❤️

Hope you guys had good time reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 23.4K 52
Collection of short tales of love , passion , desire and romance
409K 25.7K 58
BOOK ONE IN DESTINY SERIES (Completed) jo kismat mein likha hota hy wo tou hota hi hy chahy app chaho ya na chaho A proper fiction on my lovely Tej...
48.8K 7.8K 36
Travel- the best way to be lost and found at the sme time. I want to fly, want to make memories, wants to do mistakes learn from them, I want to find...
53.7K 6.4K 38
Sai is all set for her another solo tour. She loves to travel during her vacations. Virat was nervous as it is the first time he is travelling alone...