The Other Fairchild โค– Alec Li...

By MimbulusMimbletonias

๐„๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ [๐ง๐จ๐ฎ๐ง]: ๐š ๐ฌ๐œ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐œ๐ž๐๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž ๐ฎ๐ง๐๐ž๐ซ๐ญ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๏ฟฝ... More

[cast]
[1] Pandemonium
[2] Portals
[3] The Institute
[4] The Clave's Curse
[5] The Stick
[6] Bow Boy
[7] Hotel Dumort
[8] The Aftermath
[9] Turbulence
[10] The Rave
[11] Denial
[12] Raising Hell
[13] Portal Shard
[14] Family Ties
[15] Training
[16] Oh Sister
[17] Alpha
[18] The Turning Point
[19] Weird
[20] Bow Girl
[21] Surprise
[23] Shatter
[24] Forsaken
[25] Downward Spiral
[26] Showdown
[27] Seelie Glade
[28] Inverted Pt. 1
[29] Inverted Pt. 2
[30] Best Served Cold
[31] Venomous
[32] The Trial
[33] Reunited
[34] Wedding Bells
[35] War of Hearts
[36] Traitor
[37] Madness
[38] Aurora
[39] Escape
[40] Killer News
[41] Dust and Shadows
[42] Numbers and Confessions
[43] House Guest
[44] Connected
[45] Pinky Promise
[46] Party Crasher
[47] Bound by Blood
[48] Morning Star Pt. 1
[49] Morning Star Pt. 2
[50] Ave Atque Vale
Author's Note
ANNOUNCEMENT

[22] Envoy

19.9K 564 136
By MimbulusMimbletonias

The group laid down Simon's body onto a table and Myrcella without waiting for an explanation, punched Raphael in the face. She knew it was probably Camille's doing but Raphael was the reason they were kidnapped in the first place. The older Fairchild quickly rushed over to her sister and held her tightly. She didn't want to imagine how it felt to lose a best friend. She was glad her best friend was a warlock and a strong one at that. Myrcella didn't listen to anyone talking, instead she ran her fingers through her sister's hair as sobs raked through her body. After what felt like ages she felt Clary calm down. The half warlock didn't know what to say, she wasn't the best at comforting people as she usually opted to bottling up her own emotions. Someone put a hand on her shoulder and she looked up to see it was Jace. She was glad he was here as well. Myrcella smiled at the blond Shadowhunter and got up, letting Jace take her place. She knew he would be better at keeping Clary calm than her.

"I should uh, check what's going on at the Institute. See if anyone's suspicious of our absence." Myrcella said quietly and Jace nodded. Raphael got up to say something to her but she simply put out her hand to keep him quiet and left.

When the doors of the Institute opened, Myrcella felt as if she hit a wall upon seeing Valentine in front of her, holding one of Alec's arrows before it hit him in the face. The strawberry blonde quickly took out her seraph blade, swiftly swiped the back of his knees with her blade so he would fall down and digger her heel on his chest. The girl had her blade against his neck in a threatening matter when he put his hands out in surrender and reached for his stele. Before she could react, Valentine transformed into a blonde Shadowhunter.

"Who the hell are you?" Myrcella asked the girl in annoyance. "Are you out of your mind? Walking around as Valentine?!" She added with anger.

"If you'd so kindly get off me, I'll explain." The girl who was under her replied with a grimace, her legs still bleeding. Myrcella withdrew her blade and got up, Alec running over to her in a heartbeat.

"That reaction time was abysmal. Well, besides you." The mysterious woman got up, her face scrunched up in pain. "I'm Lydia Branwell, envoy from the Clave." She smiled through her pain and Myrcella was shocked. She didn't know they'd be getting an envoy. She shot Alec a questioning look but he shook his head not wanting to explain at the moment.

"You got pretty fast reflexes for an envoy." Myrcella commented sarcastically, earning a glare from the girl.

"And you are?" She asked the half warlock narrowing her eyes but Myrcella just winked and patted her shoulder, walking away without giving an answer. Alec wanted to laugh at the girl's antics but he didn't dare with an envoy next to him. They walked in, Lydia more like limped, which made it hard for Alec to keep a smile off his face. Isabelle and Maryse were on top of the stairs, looking down. Upon seeing the state the envoy was in, Isabelle shot her brother a look but he turned his head towards Myrcella who had a smug grin on her face. "Maryse. The Clave has ordered me to take temporary control of this Institute." Lydia greeted them with a smile, shocking everyone in the room.

"Wait a minute. Nobody informed us." Maryse replied alarmed, walking down the stairs with her daughter.

"The Clave doesn't need to." Lydia interrupted making Myrcella want to punch her. "And to repeat myself, it's only temporary." She added with a shrug.

"And you are qualified for this?" Myrcella asked crossing her arms in an annoyed manner.

"Myrcella." Maryse warned the Shadowhunter, not liking her attitude towards a Clave envoy, even if she didn't like it herself. "Are you injured?" She asked Lydia when she turned around and Maryse saw the blood.

"Myrcella? As in the other Fairchild?" Lydia quickly turned around to face the strawberry blonde with her eyes wide. There were rumors going around about her but nobody was sure. Myrcella cursed under her breath, knowing she would be interrogated soon enough. "Where is your sister? Clary Fairchild? I would hope someone here knows." She asked looking around. The three young Shadowhunters exchanged glances, trying to come up with a plausible lie.

"She's in the field, training." Alec replied quickly, making the girls smile.

"You're telling me she's just out and about in the streets of New York? Valentine's daughter?" Lydia asked as if it was the worst thing Clary could be doing. The last questioned boiled Myrcella's blood and she walked over to Lydia, harshly grabbing her arm.

"Excuse you, my sister is more than capable of handling her own." Myrcella spat angrily. "Like I did earlier." She added squeezing Lydia's arm harder. Even though Alec would like Myrcella to put Lydia back in her place again, he knew it wasn't the right time and place so he put his hand on her shoulder to pull her away.

"Aren't they also your cousins?" Isabelle asked as Alec pulled Myrcella away.

"Distant cousins." Lydia corrected Isabelle looking at Myrcella with a smile, which wasn't kind in any way.

"She's with Jace." Alec added, still not letting Myrcella's shoulder go, afraid the girl would pounce Lydia if he did.

"The same Jace Wayland who decided to lead an unsanctioned raid against the vampires?" Lydia didn't know where to stop and Myrcella just tried to regulate her breathing for her sake.

"Jace might be unconventional, but he's our best soldier. If he's with Clary, then she's in good hands." Maryse stood up for Jace, trying to convince Lydia.

"I hope so and for your sake, all of New York. All of your jurisdiction better be well protected." Lydia replied and walked off, probably to change and heal herself.

"Did you really attack the envoy from the Clave?" Maryse asked Myrcella narrowing her eyes. Myrcella wanted to vanish, as Maryse waited for an answer.

"Yes but only because I thought she was Valentine." Myrcella replied mumbling, not wanting to hear an earful from the older Lightwood but her response only shocked her.

"Good." Maryse replied and walked away. Myrcella could swear she saw a ghost of a smile on the woman's lips.

"Never a dull day." Myrcella groaned and smiled.

"I don't like her." Isabelle commented looking at where Lydia walked off to.

"Neither do I but we're stuck with her and for the time being, no more attacking the envoy." Alec said with a smirk and Myrcella blushed when she realized he saw the look in her eyes.

"Fine but I will make no promises." She replied with a mischievous wink. "Now, who's hungry? Cause I'm starving." She added making the two chuckle. The trio walked to the kitchen to grab something to eat. The group was quiet but they knew all of their minds were on Jace and Clary. Myrcella shot her sister a text to see how they were holding up as she put a spoonful of yogurt in her mouth.

"They'll be fine." Isabelle said trying to comfort everyone in the room but it was obvious even she didn't believe herself. She knew Clary would lose Simon either way. Myrcella nodded and they continued to sit in silence till Alec's phone beeped. Myrcella jumped up, wondering if it was from Jace but the look on Alec's face made her hope it wasn't from them.

"It's Luke." Alec said frowning. "They were attacked." He added as he looked at the pictures he was sent.

"Are they okay?" Myrcella asked as she got up to see what he was looking at herself. "And there goes my appetite." She added when she saw the pictures. Myrcella dropped her spoon in the sink with disgust and they left to tell the news to Maryse. Much to their dismay, she was with Lydia.

"You're friends with Lucian Graymark?" Lydia asked curiously.

"You see, we're lovely people who have friends." Myrcella replied smiling, earning a chuckle from Isabelle but she stopped when her mother shot her a deadly glare.

"How about we send Isabelle and Alec to investigate?" Maryse asked trying to keep them from fighting. "I'm sure this is linked to-" Maryse was saying but was cut off by Lydia.

"Valentine." She said and shot Myrcella a look. Myrcella's whole body shook with anger, trying to control herself. "I need to see this for myself." Lydia added and turned around to leave. After a couple of steps, she turned around with a smile. "Are you coming or what?" She asked Alec and if looks could kill, Myrcella would have killed her over and over again.

"Bitch." Myrcella blurted out as she realized the way Lydia unintentionally checked Alec out. Alec sighed and gave Myrcella a weak smile before he followed Lydia. "I hate her." Myrcella blew a piece of her hair away from her face and Isabelle sighed knowing they were in for much drama. 

Author's note: I actually like Lydia. We'll see how this one plays out. If you liked this chapter, please vote and comment. Thank you for reading it. :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.9K 1.9K 43
โ•šยปโ˜…ยซโ• Book 1 of Where We Come Alive The New York Institute and its' shadowhunters, Jace, Alec, and Isabelle, have decided to take part of the exchang...
228K 7K 62
Echo Lightwood, now a Demon, has changed far more than just her appearances. Her transformation is just the beginning to her fight. She will battle...
306K 8.3K 27
"You seem okay for a mundane that just saw a demon" the blond guy says "A demon?" I say directed at him. "Well I believe in aliens so it's not so fa...
285K 6.2K 21
Skyler McCall is 17 and the older sister of Scott McCall and she's always had a normal life. After her parents split her dad took custody of her. Onl...