Belonging | Alec Lightwood

Per Itzwhatever

'He said, there are thousands of Shadowhunter's, but great love comes once in a lifetime if one is lucky, and... Més

DISCLAIMER
PROLOGUE
CHARACTER PROFILE
TRAILER
COVER ART
AESTHETICS
🗝
(1) Happy Birthday
(2) Meeting Blondie
(3) Hello hot eyes
(4) Still an asshole
(5)Thanks for the tat
(6)Female anatomy
(7) Meth Dealer
(8) Time for Boys
(9) Si bitch, her too
(10) Burden
(11) Fuck the accords
(12) Teach me
(14) As funny as Ebola
(15) One step forward, two steps back
(16) Hotter than Jace
(17) Memory
🗝
(18) Lies and open wounds
(19) I can't
(20) Hibernating
(21) Torn
(22) Intoxicating
(23) One in a million
(24) Wrapped around my finger
(25) Short end of the stick
(26) Male Anatomy
(27) Always goes wrong
(28) I did it
(29) Warnings and intruders
(30) Seeing red
(31) Save him
(32) One knee
(33) Arrangement
(34) Obligations
(35) What I liked about you
(36) Heaven
(37) Beginning to fade
(38) Sister Sister
(39) Threesome
(40) Family United
(41) Bad idea
(42) The Wedding
(43) Him and I
🗝
(44) Crazy
(45) Right Choices
(46) Adios
(47) Back again
(48) Hurricane
(49) Interrogation
(50) For Jace
(51) Getting between us
(52) 3 words, 8 letters
(53) Running out of time
(54) Hope
(55) Shattering
(56) Hunt
(57) Alone
(58) Darkness
Acknowledgements
!!!!

(13) Alec's answer

4.4K 133 167
Per Itzwhatever

"Izzy." Alec calls as he climbs up the steps of this mysterious building, me following closely behind him. Ever since the moment in the institute, Alec and I have refrained from talking, hell, we barely can even look at each other without feeling awkward.

Not to mention whenever I catch him glancing my way my face heats up like an oven.

"I got your text. Where are we exactly?" Alec asks as Izzy joins us, a victorious smile on her face.

"It's an old meatpacker's service entrance. If we go back there, we come up into the basement of the Hotel DuMort. Perfect, right? We distract the vamps, Clary and Jace have time to find Simon." She says, her eyes bright and enthusiastic as she stares almost hopefully at her brother, who only nods in acknowledgement.

"Okay." Alec answers blandly.

"Okay?" Izzy repeats, her face rather astonished as she turns to Alec. "It was hard work interrogating Meliorn to get this intel."

Alec scoffs humorously at Izzy, before giving her a sarcastic eye roll "Great job, Izzy." He expresses with fake interest causing Izzy to scowl and roll her eyes, "You have faerie dust on your dress." Alec points out sarcastically and Izzy merely smirks in reply.

"Well done Izzy" I smirk teasingly at her causing her to chuckle at my underlying praise for her sexual exploits. Alec, however, looks disgusted, the idea of his sister getting it on probably wasn't the visual image he wanted, nor did he want to praise her for her conquests.

Though that doesn't mean I aint gonna praise Izzy for getting good dick.

"I hate being the distraction." Alec mutters lowly, his face turned up into his signature grimace as we continue our walk onwards.

"I don't." Izzy shrugs with a smirk, her eyes glancing to her tense brother and she scoffs, "You know, you'd be a lot happier if you weren't so freaking repressed."

However, Alec makes no move to reply but instead rolls his eyes and continues to walk onwards, completely in silence.

***

"This must be the way." Izzy directs as she walks briskly over to the door and roughly yanks it open.

However, immediately a group of vampires stand at the other side, growling and hissing ferociously at us, I quickly jump back in shock as Alec abruptly slams the door shut, holding his weight over it.

Damn, that was terrifying.

Nothing like the sexiness of the Salvatore's or the Mikaelson's.

"Any day now." Izzy sighs, as I move forwards and clamp myself in front of the door too, the both of us desperately trying to hold it down against the vampires push as Alec hurriedly rushes to find something to block it with.

"Yeah, if you hold the door still, it might be a lot easier." Alec mutters irritatedly, he quickly pulls out his stele and attempts to draw a rune over the door, probably trying to lock it in place. "It's not taking it." He growls, the both of us still holding down the door, our attempt's slowly becoming feeble.

My eyes scan the area around us before landing on a pipe system that was hanging above. Quickly pushing myself off the door, I ran forwards, yanking my spear out of its holder before cutting the metal pipe off, and once I had extracted it, I rushed back and placed the long metal piece in the door handle, preventing it from opening.

Immediately we all sighed in relief and as we move back, Izzy smiles brightly at me. "Good job Cam" She praises and I smile gratefully back in reply, my eyes then glance at Alec who is also smiling, and despite him not saying anything I can tell he was impressed.

"Whoever said, "The pen is mightier than the sword," was an idiot." Izzy expressed as she walked away, making me chuckle softly at her.

English teachers are probably triggered.

"When you're right, you're right." Alec mutters and follows suit, walking backwards and facing the door. We all stand back, readying ourselves for the vampires to inevitably break through and attack. And as hands appear out the side and the sound of aggressive pushing and growling is heard, I slowly attempt to calm down my erratic breathing, and place a hand over my chest in preparation for my first real fight.

Never thought that those words would become my reality, yet here we are.

"You ready?" Alec asks, his eyes zeroing in on my own as he holds his bow and arrow readily, his stance defensive, knowing that sooner or later things were going to implode. I nod, swallowing lowly as I gripped my spear harshly in my right hand, my mind consciously moving my palm dead centre, just as Alec had advised.

"How long do you think we have to distract them for?" I quickly ask, needing to know how long exactly I would need to fight for and to mentally prepare myself for the battle ahead.

"Ten more minutes." Izzy smiles, her eyes warming as she encouragingly smiles at me.

"Ten minutes? Are you kidding? We're liquid lunch in five." Alec scoffs, his eyes narrowing in on the metal slowly breaking as he pulls out an arrow and sets it up, readying himself.

"So, let's distract them." I say shrugging, a smirk coming onto my face as I feel the adrenaline and determination to prove myself kick in.

If I really was a Shadowhunter, now was the time to prove it.

"So, let's distract them."

Both Lightwood's smirk in reply, all three of us now in our stations, our faces stoic and ready as we wait upon the last inch of the metal to break and for all hell to break loose.

"You better get ready." Izzy smirks as her bracelet slips like a snake off of her wrist and into the shape of her signature whip. The second she does this, the last part of the metal break and the door is rammed away, the gang of vampires making their way through.

And it begins.

Izzy is first to attack; her whip wrapping harshly around the ankle of the vampire closest to her as she sends him tumbling to the floor, her body simultaneously sliding forwards to stab him in the chest with her serph blade.

I immediately rush forwards once the first move is made and twist my spear in my hand, my body spinning around anti-clockwise as well, completely 360, before jabbing it forwards with all my might and watching as the vampire before me is impaled in the chest, and before my own eyes combusts into a pile of yellow and orange dust.

"Nice shot!" Izzy exclaims as she continues her own battles, my eyes shift to Alec, who in that moment, swiftly pulls out arrow after arrow and fires at multiple vampires, ruining them to dust.

"This is fun." Alec states as another 3 or 4 vampires' edge closer to us, and I see Izzy smirk in response.

"Keep coming, boys."

The vampires appease to Izzy's command and rush forwards and immediately we all spring back into action. Despite Alec and Izzy taking out the majority of the vamps, I was still doing okay, holding my own and managing to not break down.

Which was successful in my eyes.

I had little time to celebrate my feat though and quickly plunged my spear into yet another vampire, my mind not giving itself time to recover before flipping the spear in my hand and turning 180 to the right and planting the spears end into my third vampire, this time directing at it's heart and I quickly step back as I watch it groan out in pain and combust into dust like the others.

As I move to attack the vampires further away, I notice that a vampire was accelerating towards Alec, whose back unprotected as he fought off yet another vampire.

Shit.

Instincts kicking in, I ran at the vampire before charging it onto the ground, my body on top as I fought perilously to kill it. The vampire and I fought against my spear, both of our hands wrestling to gain the advantage when suddenly, the spear was ripped from my grip and flung away, my eyes watching as it clattered in the distance.

"Camilla!"

Fighting against the hold of the vampire, I swiftly pulled out the throwing knife in my boot before throwing it upwards and catching it quickly and plummeting the tip into the creature under me. As it groaned out in pain, I pushed the knife in deeper before the vampire retreated to dust.

That was close.

I sighed in relief before quickly falling onto my back, my hear racing and mind aching as I focussed on controlling my breathing. "Camilla?" Alec asked as he crouched down to my level, his face showing his worry as he scanned my expression for any pain.

Swallowing I slowly sat up before taking the hand that Alec extended for me and stood up with his aid, brushing off the dust and dirt from the ground.

My eyes met Alec and once again we were transfixed with one another and as his gaze deepened, I found myself looking away, a deep blush covering my cheeks.

"Thanks for covering my back" Alec abruptly says and I quickly glance upwards, my face showing a bit of shock before I smile, "No problem, like you said you've saved my ass a few times now. Figured I owed you one" I smiled and Alec wordlessly nodded back, his eyes holding my own.

"Okay, as much I love this moment we need to go" Izzy states and I quickly look away in embarrassment before nodding and picking up my discarded weapons off the ground.

We quickly rush into the door and upon hearing signs of a struggle we pick up the pace, hurriedly running forwards to find Jace fighting with three vampires as Clary is thrown around by a rather large vampire.

"Clary!" I yell, impulsively moving forwards to help only to be stopped by Alec who raised his bow and arrow at the vampire. However, the vampire strategically moves Cary in front of himself like a shield, and Alec sneers.

"Okay" He mutters before changing his arrow direction and shooting at the wall, causing the wall to break and for sunlight to stream in. As soon as the sun beams begin to spill through, the vampire is hurt and is quickly crawling away in pain, needing to be away from the light.

As soon as he recovers, Clary rushes forwards and plunges the blade into his heart, and he quickly morphs into a wave of dust.

I immediately rush forwards when Jace kills the last three vampires and quickly wrap my arms around Clary, "You did what you had to do, we came for Simon" I encourage, knowing that she would be feeling regret over her actions, despite the vampire trying to hurt her.

I would know; I was feeling the same ache in my heart.

We all then re-group and rush out to find Simon, since that was the main reason we were here.

"Simon!"

As we rush in, we spot the vampire from earlier holding Simon, a large knife held against his throat as the vampire sneers threateningly at us. We all stay back knowing that if we get any closer then things won't end well.

Jace holds back a desperate Clary "It won't do any good" He warns and the vampire nods in agreement.

"Listen to him, Clary Fairchild" He sneers, "Put all the weapons away, I've had enough of your friends for one day. I don't have to cut his throat, don't give me reason"

I grit my teeth, tears edging my eyes as I watch Simon tensely holding in his breath from fear, I gulp down my anger and dread at knowing that one wrong move could end Simons life.

"Now follow me" The vampire growls moving away with Simon, forcing us to follow him out of the room and down a long and lengthy corridor. "We aren't' going to hurt you, we just want Simon" Clary pleads, as we follow uselessly behind, none of us being able to do anything about Simons capture as the vampire pushes the knife closer to his flesh.

"We don't, we wanted one of you" He sneers and I immediately sigh.

"Well, here I am." I say through gritted teeth, stepping forwards despite Alec's disapproval.

"No" Alec scowls, pushing me back but I merely ignore him, knowing that I would gladly give up my life for my friend.

"I said wanted, now go! Get out!" He growls and before we have a chance to protest Alec and Izzy fling open the door and sunlight pours in hitting the vampire, scolding him. He repulses back in pain before pushing Simon forwards to us.

"Take him!"

We all rush out into the open rooftop, Simon in tow. Instantly, Clary and I rush forwards and wrap our arms around Simon, relief rushing though as at the fact that he's okay.

"Thank god your ok" I mutter as I hug Simon deeper, my eyes stinging as I think about what could've happened if we hadn't gotten there in time. Clary also looks nearly at tears as we all pull back and Simon smiles gratefully in return.

"You know I'd do anything for you two" Simon says shrugging and I scoff.

"We didn't mean nearly die" I growl slapping his arm harshly and both Clary and Simon smile, all three of us overwhelmingly glad to be together. However, the moment is short lived as the sound of Jace shouting pulls us away from our moment. Our eyes move from each other and land upon Alec and Jace who are arguing among themselves.

"Alec, stop! Just stop" Jace growls, his frustration getting the best of them as they inch dangerously close to one another.

"I'm older than you Jace." Alec says, lowly, his voice almost menacing. "I'm not in your shadow"

Jace sighs, "If you really feel that way about her, why did you help tonight?" Jace asks, his voice exasperated as he stares expectantly at Alec.

However, instead of replying, Alec sighs lowly, before his eyes slowly travel over to mine, our eyes capturing each other, and as his eyes stay lingering on me, soon everyone's stare falls between us both, the surprise they feel apparent.

You and me both sis.

Noticing the surrounding looks, Alec straightens himself out before glancing once more at me and walking away, barely acknowledging Jace's presence. And as he leaves, all eyes are on me, and everyone is wondering the same thing...

Did Alec just answer Jace's question?

OMGGG

Hi guys, 

Another day, another chapter and yet another drama, plus so much CAMLEC!!!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and can you believe it? Alec looked at Cam, what does that mean? 

Stick around to find out... :)

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE if you enjoyed this chapter.

and I will see you all next chapter xoxo

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

10.1K 604 30
This is a sequel to A Surprise and A Betrayal. If you haven't read that story go check it out first. Because it's a sequel, you won't understand most...
140K 4.4K 72
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
245K 7.3K 80
Cover by the brilliantly talented @amxnaah "This is chaos. And not the good kind of chaos. The 'let me go die in a hole' kind of chaos." "Oh calm do...
123K 3.3K 21
DISCONTINUED "Let the devil know that I was brave enough to die." She's the Faerie Queen's favourite with a secret love of Shadowhunters. He's a Sh...