Let Me Protect You (GirlxGirl)

By Feverish

Sequel to I'll Protect You It's been 15 years, and after being a close knit family, relationships become enda... More

♡Chapter 1
♤Chapter 2
♡Chapter 3
♤Chapter 4
♡Chapter 5
♡Chapter 7
♤Chapter 8
♡Chapter 9
♤Chapter 10
♡Chapter 11
♤Chapter 12
♡Chapter 13
♤chapter 14
♡Chapter 15
♤Chapter 16
♡Chapter 17
♤Chapter 18
♡Chapter 19
♤Chapter 20
♡Chapter 21
♤Chapter 22
♡Chapter 23
♤Chapter 24
♡Chapter 25
♤Chapter 26
♡Chapter 27
♤Chapter 28
♡Chapter 29
♤Chapter 30
♡Chapter 31
♤Chapter 32
♡Chapter 33
♤Chapter 34
♡Chapter 35
♤Chapter 36
♡Chapter 37
♤Chapter 38
♡Chapter 39
♤Chapter 40
♡Chapter 41
♤Chapter 42
♡ Chapter 43
♤Chapter 44
♡Chapter 45
♤Chapter 46
♡Chapter 47
♤Chapter 48
♡Chapter 49
♤Chapter 50
♡Chapter 51
♤Chapter 52
♡Chapter 53
♤Chapter 54
♡Chapter 55
♤Chapter 56
♡Chapter 57
♤Chapter 58
♡Chapter 59
♤Chapter 60
♡Chapter 61
♤ Chapter 62
The sequel

♤Chapter 6

1.1K 55 13
By Feverish

*Emma's P.O.V.*

I finished off my test quickly, the whole thing was a breeze. At least for me it was, I can't say the same for the ones crying in the front row. The period let out fairly quickly and before I could make it out of the classroom, I could hear Cameron in the halls. She was already throwing around orders to move out of her way.

I peeked out and I couldn't see her, but I could hear her somehow mixed in the crowds. She was coming from the left, so I ducked right, falling in with the foot traffic. I skipped my locker and went right into the library.

Honestly, I'm glad I got away, a nice headache was beginning to settle, and her screaming at me would've only made it worse.
I slipped pasted the librarian's desk and made my way into the back, where the forgtten encyclopedias lived. Needless to say, no one ever went back there.

I sat on the floor then assumed my usual position, with my legs pressed against my chest and my arms wrapped around myself. I let my head rest in my knees as I took a quick useless nap.

Suddenly my phone vibrated strongly in my pocket. I grabbed it and looked, expecting it to Cam but it wasn't.

It was Gianna. 

A smile involuntarily rose to my cheeks, when I read the message.

Gianna Banks: Where did you go? Did you run into King Kong? She's pissed

I chuckled at the name but that was short lived when I read the rest of the text.

I know she's mad.

Me: No I didn't run into Cameron, and I know she's upset, Mariah saw me and you in physics and I'm pretty sure she told. I'm in the back of the library btw.

Gianna Banks: want some company?

Me: no, you'll miss your class

Gianna Banks: I'll live

Me: Don't worry about it, I'll be here hiding from Cam until she leaves for practice.

There were text bubble, but then it disappeared and nothing ever came.

I hope she didn't get caught.

The bell had rang just two minutes ago, so the last period is now in session.

I folded back up, placing my phone in my sweaters pouch. Suddenly, I placed light footsteps and I expected them to pass but when they didn't I looked up from the floor. My eyes trailed up from black and white Van's, on to white calves, then Khaki cargo shorts and a black tee. My eyes finally stopped piercing blue eyes and a small smirk of joy swirled around in my chest. 

Her boyish smirk took me back to just an hour ago, and even back to the first time we spoke in the hall, when I dropped my books. She was so nice to me. Anybody else would've probably laughed, but she helped me.

In her eyes I could see it all.

She's truly kind.

He body plopped down next to mine and she sat in crisscross as she leaned her back against the same wall. Our shoulders just barely touched, but her hand brushed the side of my thigh when she moved around to get comfortable. 

I was still peeking at her from my hood and sleeve covered face. This time it was out of warmth and comfort, the air conditioning in the library was always on, even in the winter.

"Can I see your phone?" The question ripped through the air with soft rounded vowels at lightening speed.

My hand shook then complied as I pulled it from my person and put it in her welcoming hand.

"Let's play a game. I made it up, like ten seconds ago, we'll call it, 'Get the Gremlin as angry possible'," she smirked deviously tapping on my phones I leaned over quickly to see what she was doing, but I didn't catch it in time enough. She handed my phone back and I quickly check to see the damage she'd done.

But there was none.

"What did you do? Cam will be so mad at me!" A rush of anxiety took my spirit by the hair and I didn't want the yelling and the screaming and the crying–on my part, that this so called game could yield.

I pushed my phone back into her with a frustrated frown, "undo whatever you just did."

I hadn't noticed I'd moved onto my knees until I was looked head into her devilish smirk. She shook her head 'no' and I pushed it into her farther, silently begging her to take back her action.

I don't want to play.

"Is she going to hurt you?" She asked her soft hand engulfing mine as I pressed my phone into her. It felt so good, but as good as it would've felt if I was clam enough to play attention.

I shook my head.

"Of course not, Cameron would never-" I shook my head and she stopped me before my though was complete. She held me mind and body with those beautiful eyes. It was almost impossible not to stare.

When her mouth moved, so did my eyes, landing on her blush pink lips,"then let her be mad, she'll get over it. It's what humans do, they move on."

She took a deep breathe and nodded at me to do the same.

Move on.

Cameron will move on?

Okay.

Okay. 

"Okay." My head bobbled up and down like a toy, and I didn't know what to do after that. We just sat there, me sitting on my knees, her legs crisscross like a kindergartner; we just stared at one another. It wasn't wierd it was comfortable. 

It was nice.

To dive deep into her features and freely explore them without the warnings of society, or the  hindrance of social etiquette. I could stare freely, she did the same.

I wish I was as pretty as she is, she probably doesn't like the freckles or the dark circles and bags under my puffy eyes.

Maybe people would like me more if I were prettier.

Maybe she would like me more of I were prettier.

"Let's go," she whispered unfolding herself and lifting me into my feet. She took my hand for the third time that day and lead me out of the library into the empty halls of the school. Chattering from each class took my ears as we passed to the front of the building and made a beeline for the fire escape.

She pushed the heavy door open and let it slam behind us.

Someone had to hear that!

We're going to get in trouble.

Then cam is going be really really mad.

We basically ran through an empty, dungeon-like hall before stopped at the fire escape exit. I didn't have time to ask questions as she slid her ID card out of her back pocket and stuffed it into the between the lock mechanism and the frame of the alarmed door, which quickly popped open without a sound.

She's done this before.

She just defied a safety alarm.

She could get expelled.

She pushed the door open wide enough that I go under her arm and out of the school. I had to push myself forward to comply with the rule breaking. As soon as my feet hit the concrete, my mind went to jelly.

I'm going to be expelled.

My feet moved on their own as I fidgeted in place watching her let the door close on her card, then she shimmied the plastic out of the door jam.

This is crazy.

She is crazy.

She looked back at me pushing those golden locks out of her face. Her boyish smirk was back on and no matter how much I wanted to deny it, it made me feel nice.

It made me feel warm?

Is that a thing?

My heart did backflips in my chest as she took my hand for the forth time. She dragged me to the front of the building through the student parking lot, we were just about to get to the gate when she stopped.

My head started to talk for me, I back away from her shaking a solid 'no' out with my surrendered hands.

The motorcycle lineup was where the students could park their motorbikes, and whatnot's. She took one my stiff hands before I got too far away from her.

Most of the teen boys rode their dirt bikes, even though they're not street legal, the sheriff doesn't do much to enforce the state law.

She chuckled at me and placed her helmet in top of my head. I stood there watching her start up her bike. Her's wasn't an ugly,  dusty, dirt bike that got dragged through the mud and bonced on.

Her's was beautiful.

It was cherry red and from what I know about bikes, which I picked up from just living in this town, it seemed to be 'naked'. There was nothing covering the vital parts of the bike, like the engine and front shocks. It looked sleek and fast.
She straddled the bike and seeing her do that struck something like electricity in my stomach. She took the key from her pocket and started the engine. Thankfully it was quiet and purred with power.

White lettering on the side read Ducati, which instantly made me believe she wasn't as poor as Cam's angry nicknames and banter entailed.

"Come on, you want to know what safe feels like?" She asked reached out to me.

No, I'm okay with not knowing.

I pushed out my hands anyway and something made me pull it back, but I forced it back out again. I was already outside and I couldn't go back in or else I'd get us both in trouble.

I took a breath, she squeezed my hand softly and helped me get on behind her. I didn't think, as soon as she put the bike into gear, I wrapped arms around her and laid the heavy, full face helmet against her back. The engine made a different sound; it roared, and I jumped with letting out small scream squeezing tighter.

I could feel her back vibrating as she laughed and spoke over the now, low hum of the bike.

"Let's ride Princess."

I could hear the bell ringing from the school and just as kids poured out, we pulled off around the quad where the people pooling out of the doors could see us, and the finally out the gates. I couldn't help the smile that showed up as I slammed the visor down on the helmet.

I could hear the muffled gasps of the student body asking questions.

"Who is she?"

"She's with Gia?"

"What's her name?"

"She finally got a new girl?"

As we picked up speed, the wind beat against me and I leaned farther into Gianna, squeezing a bit tighter as we made turns and loosening up at red lights. The faster we rode, the scarier it felt, but it was comfortable, it was nice.

I could stay that way for hours, the wind, the sun, the cold, the heat, all fighting against me as we drove down Main Street at thirty five miles an hour; as far as I knew, going nowhere.

People became blurs, faceless, as we swooshed past them. They didn't know who we were or what we were up to, that feeling settled within me as I cuddled Gianna's strong body.

I could feel the constant buzzing of my phone and knew she could feel it against her too but we both ignored it, but it was just Cameron.

She would get over it, right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 322 22
Thana lived life with invisible scars and wounds, each one breaking her down every second passed Just when her mind was at the edge, two strangers ca...
827K 31.4K 53
She's got everything she's ever needed in life. Money. Loving parents. Supporting friends and overall a great life. So why did she feel so lonely? Wh...
867K 44.4K 38
Even though Angel didn't follow her mom's path in being a gang leader, she was a huge target. She was sent to a private school abroad and Tala aka he...
660K 29.7K 33
Zora was was finally an adult, she was going to take over her mother's company. The mafia princess worked right under her mother's wing when she made...