Checkmate - RATED R

By Love_Bri94

She wasn't what he was used to....he had finally met his match. More

Cast
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twentyone
Twentytwo
Twentythree
Twentyfour
Q&A
Twentyfive
Twentysix
Twentyseven
Twentyeight
Twentynine
Thirty
Thirtyone
Thirtytwo
Thirtythree
Thirtyfour
Thirtyfive
Thirtysix
Thirtyseven
Thirtyeight
Thirtynine
Forty
Fortyone
Fortytwo
Fortythree
Fortyfive
Fortysix
Fortyseven
Fortyeight
Fortynine
Fifty
Fiftyone
Fiftytwo
Fiftythree
Fiftyfour
‼️
Fiftyfive
Fiftysix
Fiftyseven
Fiftyeight
Fiftynine
Sixty
Sixtyone
Sixtytwo
Sixtythree
Sixtyfour
Sixtyfive
Sixtysix
Sixtyseven
Sixtyeight
Sixtynine
Seventy
Seventyone
Seventytwo
Seventythree
Seventyfour
Before It Ends❀️
Seventyfive
Decision Day
🀧
‼️
Sequel
ONE MILLION!!
😀
‼️PSA‼️

Fortyfour

21.7K 895 1.1K
By Love_Bri94

I wanted to update especially after all my ranting lately lol, I'm very tired though so please excuse mistakes.

Chapter Fortyfour
Mya Anderson
Thanksgiving

I sat on the couch, I'm patiently waiting on this food to be done! I've been starving all morning just so that I can eat all that I want. My baby probably in my belly cussing me the fuck out. My Pooh stays fed.

Grabbing my phone, I posted the picture Mariah took of me.

Whew, they about to go crazy with the are you pregnant? questions!

I've been thinking of how I'm going to announce it. That's something I'll have to discuss with Chris once I no longer want to put his nutsack in a blender. I'll know he'll come up with something dope.

Still can't believe I'm pregnant by this fool.

Ugh, I said I wasn't going to think about him today. Getting off the couch, I walked into the kitchen. "Daaaaaaad."

"Mya if you're about to ask me when the food is going to be done, you can turn back around and go in the living room."

"I'm hungry though!"

"Make you a sandwich Mya." My mom said.

I almost cussed her out. "Not happening." Walking over go the stove I started lifting up the foil to see what was done and when I got to the macaroni pan my eyes grew and stomach growled. "We just hit the jackpot Pooh." I whispered to my stomach. I quickly grabbed a spoon and scooped some out and ate it.

You ever had something so good all you can do is shake your head. That's me right now.

"If you weren't pregnant, I'd pop you." My dad said.

I smiled. "You saw that?"

"Yes we watched you attempt to be sneaky."

"I'm sorry, the macaroni was calling my name."

"Mmhm....will we be seeing Chris today? He text me yesterday, asking what I was cooking."

"I'll be blocking his number from your phone." I rolled my eyes. Why is he texting my dad?

"You two are a family now Mya. You gotta learn how to be cordial for the baby." My mom said.

"Yeeeeeah but not today."

"Mya—."

"Ma can we not do this right now. This is the happiest I've been in a while, I really want to stay that way."

My mom sighed. "Okay girl." She walked up to me and rubbed my stomach getting closer to it. "Your mommy and daddy will be back together anyway."

"Okay, you won! I'm leaving the kitchen."

My parents started laughing as I walked away.

Before I could reach the living room, the doorbell rang. My eyebrows furrowed as I went that way. Looking through the peephole I gasped and quickly opened the door. "BRIAN!" I yelled jumping in my brothers arms.

"Girl get your heavy ass off of me."

"Nope, hi Lilia." I leaned down and kissed his wife's cheek. "Oh my goodness look at my babies."

"Hi auntie." His daughter Erin waved. She's the cutest little girl ever. Reminds me of Kim Kardashian's daughter.

"Hi baby."

Their son isn't as comfortable with us like Erin is. He he's only two and due to my brother moving out of Miami we barely get to see him. But Erin was three when they moved away so she knows who we are. "Hi Jacob." I rubbed his tiny hand.

"Hello." He said shyly.

I smiled. "Carry me into the house big brother."

"Mya!"

"Pleaaase, it's so far."

"Ugh!" He walked into the house and I just smiled. Brian used to spoil the hell out of me when we were younger. I was low key upset when he had a kid, all of my gifts went to her.

Climbing off of him I went and hugged then the kids, then Lilia.

"Oh Mya." She said while looking down at my stomach. "The rumors are true huh?

OKAY IS IT THAT BIG?! Well I do have on a crop top. "What?" I attempted to post clueless.

"The kids are getting a playmate." She gently rubbed my belly. "Take advantage of being this small."

"I definitely will."

"So you're really pregnant by him?" Brian asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure you see my stomach too."

"Okay but didn't I see something about you busting out his windows for cheating?"

Before I could speak up my mom walked in. "I knew I heard familiar voices! Hello." She walked up to them and hugged everybody.

"Ma, so you okay with this?" Brian pointed at my stomach.

"Nigga don't do that." I smacked his hand away.

"Aht, aht!" Mom grabbed my wrist. "Brian stay in your place. She's a grown woman. Mind your business please."

"Thank you!" Pulling away from my mom, I went into the living room.

"Who is that?" Mariah asked.

"Brian, getting ready to get cussed the fuck out! I was happy about him being here but now the motherfucka might have to make a to go plate."

She laughed. "What he say?"

"He's trying to trip about me being pregnant, like I'm not grown and allowed to get pregnant."

"You know he thinks he's somebodies father."

"Not mine. Save that for Erin for when she gets older."

"He wanted you to stay a virgin once he couldn't control me or Kayla. Especially since you're his baby sister."

"Well baby sis be out here sucking and fucking the shit out of that light skin man in Tarzana and it ain't shit he can do about it."

Mariah started cracking up. "Why are you like this?!"

"He just pissed me off. I want to be in good spirits today while I'm eating this good food."

"Just ignore him like I normally do."

"Hey Mariah." Lilia said while walking into the living room.

"Hey boo."

They hugged each other then she sat down. "I'm sorry about your brother."

I waved my hand. "I'm not sweating him, trust me."

"How far along are you?"

"3 months."

"Congratulations honey, I'm happy for you. You know your brother thinks he's your father."

"I know but he's not and I'll gladly let him know. I don't need anymore drama with my siblings."

Lilia roller her eyes. She HATES Kayla. "She deserved that bottle to the brain."

I just laughed.

Before anybody could say anything my front door swung open. "GRANNY HURRY UP BRO!" Timothy's voice echoed through the house. "Aye How the fuck did I get stuck with her old ass dawg?!"

Before anybody could respond he was hit in the head with her cane. "Timothy I'm going to beat your ass." Her thick Haitian accent laced her words.

"Meet me outside old lady! It's whatever."

They are hilarious together. All they do is argue. My granny said he reminds her of my grandfather.

Tim tossed her bag then walked into the living. "Who booked our flights man?"

"Mommy did." Mariah said while laughing.

"Why did I get stuck with grandma?! We was almost late to the plane because she wanna buy shit. Then she want to ask a million questions during the whole flight. I think she shitted on herself at one point, don't she wear adult diapers? Then check this shit, the crazy lady took her teeth out, gave them to flight attendant and told her to put them bitches in water. I almost threw up. I don't know how she getting home but it's not with me."

We were in tears! He has a story every time they're together.

"I think dads flying back with her."

"Good!" He plopped down between us. "Wassup MyMy, Wassup Riah baby." He hugged us. "What's up Lilia my Caucasian Queen."

"I'm not Caucasian fool!"

"Shit you ain't black, so that's next." He looked at me. "How you holding up?"

"I'm okay,"

"Good, you strong Mya, don't let these niggas bring you down." He kissed my forehead.

"Thanks brother."

"No problem. You and Kayla still in court?"

"Yeah she ain't budging."

"She needed that motherfucking bottle. She a bitch and I hate to talk about my own blood like that but she got a jealous heart and that ain't cool."

"Speak facts Tim!" Mariah said while slapping hands with him.

"You know I speak nothing but the truth."

Brian walked in the living room.

"Aww shit, here come this uptight ass nigga." Tim said.

"Shut up." Brian sat down next to Lilia. "Hey Mariah."

"Hey Brian." She waved.

"So Mya....how far along are you?"

"Far along from what?" Tim asked.

"Oh you don't know about the baby?" Brian asked. "Me either bro. I just found out."

"Daaaaamn! That's what up Mya! Congratulations my baby."

I smiled before turning to Tim. "Thank you brother."

"So I'm the only person shocked by this?" Brian questioned.

"Uh Yeah....this woman has sex with her boyfriend on mama couch. I knew it was a matter of time before she ended up pregnant." Tim answered.

I slapped his chest. "WHY DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT?!"

"Me and momma meet up once a week and gossip. Did y'all know that the crazy lady next door to them might've killed her husband? Ain't nobody seen the nigga in a week. Pops said something smelt like a dead body in the back yard."

I couldn't help but laugh. "You are a joke."

My dad walked in the living room. "Food ready."

I immediately jumped up, knocking everybody back down.

"Damn you fucking linebacker." Tim said.

I flipped him off while running in the kitchen. "I'm pregnant so I eat first!"

"Girl these kids eat first." My mom said.

"My baby the youngest so we go first and let granny fix my plate, she knows how to get some full as hell."

"Don't you want to pray over the food?" Brian asked.

"Pray over yo own food Pastor Brian. Somebody pass me a plate, fuck these kids." Tim said.

"Timothy don't make me beat your ass on thanksgiving." My mom said.

"You can get these hands just like granny can. These fists don't discriminate!"

He must be drunk.

Everybody made their plates and we all went and sat down. We were in the middle of eating and a good conversation when there was my door bell rang.

"I'll get it." My dad got up.

"Mya do you want a girl or boy?" Lilia asked.

"I'm torn honestly. Boy or girl, my baby is still going to spoiled." I shrugged.

"So y'all really having thanksgiving dinner without me?" A voice that I never wanted to hear said.

I quickly looked up. "No, no, no! Hell NO!"

"Man What is she doing here?" Timothy said. "Pops why you let her in?"

"No the real question is why is everybody up her ass like she didn't assault me. No you know what, enjoy this cause it might be her last dinner with us once I'm finished."

"Why you being so childish Kayla." Brian asked.

Mariah came over to me. "Let's go upstairs."

I looked up at her. "Y'all got two seconds to get her out my house."

"Let's just go upstairs man."

"That was two." I jumped out of my seat and tried to rush over there but Tim grabbed me. "BITCH GET THE FUCK UP OUT MY SHIT!"

"Look at her little manic ass. The only reason I haven't fucked you up over that bottle is because I know you pregnant but bitch when you drop I swear I'm beating yo ass."

"GIRL FUCK WAITING!" I tried to get out Tim's grip.

"Man chill this is exactly what she want. It's not worth it!"

"KAYLA LEAVE NOW!"

"I'm leaving, I just had to come shake shit up since nobody invited me. Happy thanksgiving Mya!" She laughed while walking out.

"Please Tim let me go get her."

"No man!" He yelled.

I heard the door slam.

"Tomorrow, were going to the police station and getting those charges dropped. She came onto Mya's property and harassed her. She's not supposed to be anyone near her with that case pending." My mom said.

I was so pissed right now.

"Calm down Mya." Lilia said.

"I can't!" Tears filled my eyes I could kill somebody right now.

"You have to!"

I just shook my head. My hand gripped Timothy's shoulder as the bottom of stomach tightened.

"Aye you good?" He asked.

I bit down on my bottom lip. "Ooo shit."

"Mya, what's wrong?"

"My...stomach."

"What about it?!" My mom rushed to me.

"It feels like cramping but worse....oh my god."

"Okay Mya, I want you to use the wall as support hold on to your knees and take big deep breaths." Lilia instructed. She's a nurse and works in Maternity. "Take long deep breaths....somebody get in touch with Chris."

I instantly started crying. "Is my baby going to be okay?"

"Just relax honey....focus on breathing."

Oh my god, what did I do?

Chris Brown

"Nigga you weak as hell." I tell my cousin as I beat him at another game of basketball.

My house was packed with family for the first time in a while. And I'm actually happy about it. My original plans were to spend time with Mya but we all know why that's not happening. I wish it was though. I miss her so much and it's killing me to try and keep my distance.

Going into the kitchen I went and grabbed something to drink.

"Daddy!" Royalty screamed running in.

"Wassup?"

"Is Mya coming?!"

"Probably not boo. I'll call her and ask though."

"Okay." After that she rushed off to play with her cousins.

Sighing I pulled out my phone and leaned again the counter. I opened Instagram and the first pictures was hers.

She never blocked me again after our little argument, so I followed her again.

I decided to comment.

Man I miss her.

I locked my phone and got ready to sit it on the counter but it started ringing.

Damn I guess she miss me too.

Sliding over the answer button I put the phone to my ear. "Hello."

"Hey Chris it's Mariah."

"Oh what's up?"

"Uh, I need you to come to Mya's house. Kayla stopped by and got Mya all riled up and now she's cramping bad—."

"I'm on my way." I hung up the phone before she could say anything then went and grabbed my keys and wallet. "AYE IF YO CAR BLOCKING MINE I'D ADVISE YOU TO MOVE IT OR MY TRUCK GONE MOVE IT FOR YOU!" I yelled before walking out the house.

"Where you going?" My momma tried to keep up with me.

"Mya sick."

"Is it the baby?"

"How you know she pregnant?"

"I went and checked on her last week and she told me. What's wrong?"

"I don't know but I'll let you know once I find out. If anybody ask where I am just tell them I'll be back."

"Okay. Hurry to her."

I nodded while climbing in my truck. Everybody was taking too long to move so I pulled over the grass and pulled out.

It took me no time to get to her house. I quickly parked and hoped out. I rung the door bell until somebody opened it.

"Damn nigga, be patient." Tim said while opening the door. "Light skin people always in a hurry....what up nigga?"

We slapped hands.

"What up? Where's Mya?"

"Upstairs. They made her lay down. Mariah called her doctor."

"Alright." I walked inside. "How everybody doing?"

"Hey Chris." Makayla walked up to me.

I had to give my baby a hug. "Hey gorgeous how are you?"

"I'm fine and you?"

"Worried...what happened?"

"Kayla popped up and started being messy. Mya tried to stay calm but Kayla kept coming after her."

I exhaled. "Shit is crazy."

"Tell me about it. Chris this is my mother in law Beatrice."

"Old ass." Tim whispered behind me causing me laughing.

"How you doing?" I asked her.

She pulled me into a hug. "Hey baby, how are you?"

"I'm good."

"You hungry? Sam cooked."

"I'm starving." I ain't even hungry but I'd be a fool to pass up on this good ass food.

"I'll make you a plate baby." She walked away.

"And that's my son Brian and his wife Lilia." Makayla pointed in the living room.

"Nice to meet you Chris." Lilia said.

"Same here."

Brian just looked at me then turned his head....that's his little sister I get it.

"I'm going to go check up on Mya." I said.

"Okay, Mariah and Sam are up there."

I nodded before hurrying up the stairs. When I walked into the room she laid in bed with her feet propped up.

"Hey everybody." I said.

They all turned to me.

"Hey Chris." Mariah said.

Sam came and shook my hand. "We'll leave you two alone, y'all need anything just holler."

"Okay."

They both walked out the room and I went and sat next to Mya.

"You didn't have to come." She said staring at the TV.

"You sound crazy. They could've told me you stubbed your toe and I would've came."

I could tell she wanted to smile but fought it.

"How you feeling?" I asked.

"I'm tired...and not just physically but mentally and emotionally. I'm so tired of all the nonsense. I just want to be happy." Tears slipped down the side of her face.

"And you will be Mya."

"When? It feels like it's never going to happen now. Every time I turn around it's something. I can't catch a break."

"Look we're going to get a restraining order for your sister, I'm going to make sure I stay clear unless you want me around. Matter of fact once your rested up, I want you to take a vacation. See if Mariah want to go or Eva. Or both it don't matter. Wherever you want to go and I'll pay for it. We got better stuff to focus on other than the nonsense and I know I'm apart of the problem and I'm so sorry for that and that's why I have to definitely step up and make sure you straight. I don't want to get no more scary phone calls because somebody is throwing off your energy. You don't need that. You don't deserve that. Ima make sure you good, whether we together or not."

She nodded. "Okay."

I wiped her tears. "Everything gone be good, I promise."

"Alright."

"Cool." I ran my fingers through her hair. "You wanna get some sleep?"

"Yeah......can you take a nap with me though?"

"You sure?"

"Yes....please."

"Alright." Standing up I kicked off my shoes then climbed next to her. She turned her back facing me then put a pillow between her thighs and placed my hand on her stomach. I softly rubbed it.

It was quiet.

I just watched her until the movement of her shoulders slowed down. I moved closer to her body and closed my eyes.

Soon I drifted off too.

•••

I was in the kitchen with Tim eating the plate grandma made me. Man, this food was 10 times better than the shit at my crib.

"Girl or a boy?" Tim asked.

"Boy man! I already got my girl, I gotta balance it out."

"It's about to be another girl, watch."

"I would be surprised."

"Man how you gone fix this shit with Mya? Y'all was dope together bro."

"Tell me something I don't know. My only option with us getting back together is just give her time and space while proving to her that I'm sincere. I feel incomplete without your crazy ass sister. I don't want to go through this anymore."

"Damn my sister got you whipped!"

"Yeah she do." I laughed. "It's cool though."

"Aye I wish y'all luck man. You cool in my book just don't hurt my sister again."

"I got you."

"Cool and I saw that bullshit Brian was on earlier, he think everybody scared of him but I ain't, I'll smack that bitch just give me the word."

"Alright bro." I got up with my plate.

"I know you not taking that upstairs. Mya gone eat all that. She so damn greedy."

"I know man. She pregnant so she get a pass."

"Pregnant my ass, I'd snuff her ass she try to touch my food."

I laughed while heading upstairs.

"Ooo food." She said as soon as I walked in.

"Only a little bit Mya." I said while passing her my plate.

"Boy bye."

"Feeling better?"

"Yes."

"Good...look, I know us getting back together isn't happening no stop soon but I don't want us to hate each other or be so mad we can communicate. I was hope that we can work on being friends. For our baby's sake."

"As badly as I want to say no, I can't. We can be cordial and keep our minds on the baby and that's it. Ain't no random day when you talk about getting back together,  I'm straight. Let's focus on the baby."

"Okay......I hear you loud and clear."

"You can stay tonight though just because of what happened."

"I appreciate that."

She nodded before getting up.

"You good?" I quickly stood up.

"Yes."

"Okay."

I watched her walk into the bathroom. Once the door closed, I laid back and exhaled.

Getting her back is going to be harder than I though....but I want her so I gotta do it.

I got this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30 3 4
She wasn't looking for love, until love found her.
121K 4.6K 34
Everyone knew who he was and they all feared him. Except her. He had finally met his match in more ways that one.
1.6M 81K 53
The perfect man? Impossible, but what happens when she meets the perfect man? He seems too perfect, sweet, caring, loyal, respectful, the only thing...
28K 1.8K 21
"Ιͺ ΚŸα΄α΄ α΄‡ ᴍʏ Κœα΄œκœ±Κ™α΄€Ι΄α΄…, Κ™α΄œα΄› Ιͺ ΚŸα΄α΄ α΄‡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴏʀᴇ."