Fire Meets Ice

By JonerysStories

After Daenerys climbed on Drogon narrowly escaping the Sons Of The Harpy, her dragon takes her to castle blac... More

Fire Meets Ice
Alive
Reason
Fallen
Heart Broken
Anything
Braavos
The Dothraki Sea
Vaes Dothrak
The Unburnt and The Warrior
Journey
The Rightful Queen
Under Attack
My Reign Has Just Begun
Alliances
Battle For Winterfell
The King
Dragonstone
Pleasure
What The Future Promises
Mama's Home
What Did You Just Say?
What You Mean To Me
Boy or Girl?
The Man I love
7 years...
Tell Me A Story
Thunder
Forget The World
Do You Remember?
A Princesses Love
The Lords And Ladies
Aegon Targaryen
Targaryen Name
Union Of Fire & Ice
The Consummation
Grateful

Hand Of The Queen

3.7K 76 6
By JonerysStories

-JON-

They had arrived in the North that morning, and had set up camp outside of Winterfell, with 10,000 men from Queen Daenerys and hopefully more on the way from the Northern Houses. They were meeting Ramsay soon to discuss their surrender. Jon didn't want blood but from what Sansa had told him, Ramsay would not go down without blood, he was going to offer him a fight to the death instead of bloodshed, he hoped he would accept because that would mean only one no so innocent man has to die.

He missed Dany, he hadn't seen her in two moons which made him feel empty, he knew she had arrived at Dragonstone due to a raven she sent. He had sent one this morning telling her they had arrived and if all go's well, he should be at Dragonstone in one to one and a half-moons.

His tent flapped open and Sansa walked in
"We are ready Jon" she said

"Sansa you don't have-"he started

"I do Jon" she replied sternly; Jon knew he couldn't change her mind, so he stopped trying.

"Alright let's go. How many Houses have answered the call?" he asked putting on his furs.

"House Mormont, House Hornwood, House Mazin, The Free folk, House Arryn and House Royce"

"House Arryn and Royce? I didn't send a raven to them" he asked confused

"I did, we need everyone we can get." She said

"Ok, let's go, I can't wait to meet this Ramsay..." he said with a smirk

She smiled "I am sure you'll love him"

They climbed on their horses and rode out in front of Winterfell. They had to wait awhile but eventually they saw horses with banners of House Bolton. He knew he had the forces of House Karstark and House Umber as well, which meant he had around 6,000 men, and Jon had double that now standing with 12,400 men.

They stopped in front and he immediately knew which one Ramsay was, He looked cocky even under the circumstances.

He smiled at Sansa "My beloved Wife, I've missed you terribly." He looked at Jon "Thank You for returning Lady Bolton safely. Now dismount and kneel before me"

Jon actually laughed at that, he didn't mean to, but he let it slip. "I have double the men you do Ramsay, why would I surrender?"

"Because I have Winterfell and your brother, Rickon I think it is."

Jon felt his anger rise "There is no need for a battle Ramsay, no men have to die tomorrow. Except one of us, Lets end this the old way, you against me"

Ramsay laughed "I keep hearing stories about you Bastard, From the things I have heard you're the greatest swordsmen who ever walked, maybe you are that good, maybe not, I am not taking that chance"

Jon was annoyed "Will your men want to fight for you when they hear you wouldn't fight for them?"

Ramsay laughed again and pointed his finger "Oh, he's good, very good. Are you really willing to risk your brother's life though Jon?"

"How do we know you have him?" Sansa asked

Ramsay turned to one of his generals and nodded, then the man pulled out a head of a direwolf, Shaggy's head, Rickon's wolf and threw it on the ground in front of him.

"Now if want to keep your brother alive-"

"Your going to die tomorrow Lord Bolton, sleep well" Sansa said angrily but sternly, she then rode off back to camp.

"She's a fine woman your sister, I look forward to having her back in my bed" he said with a smirk "See you in the morning, Bastard" He said before riding off back to Winterfell

-DANY-

(After Jon Left)

Daario walked in with a smile "Your ships are nearly ready" he said before pouring himself a glass of wine "I saw them painting the sails, curious to see how the Dothraki do on the poison waters"

She took a deep breath "You're not coming with us"

He looked back confused "New Strategy? You want to the Second sons to attack from the west coast? If we take Casterly Rock, the Lannisters will have no where to run when you take Kings Landing"

"Your not going to Westeros, your staying here with the second sons, there is finally peace in Meereen, you will keep the peace while the people choose their own leaders" She said calmly

This caused Daario to frown and out down his glass "Fuck Meereen, Fuck the people, I am here for you not them."

"You promised me, 'My sword is yours; My life is yours', this is what I command. If I am going to rule in Westeros, I will need to make alliances and the best way to make alliances is through marriage."

"This is about him isn't it? What lands or titles does he hold that would make a good alliance?"

"He will take the North, the biggest Kingdom, and I am not only marrying him for the North, I love him, it is the perfect match. That means you can't be around. You will stay in Meereen and make sure the peace is kept, you will do as your Queen commands"

Daario looked angry and frustrated, but he didn't look surprised.

He moved forward and kneeled in front of her "I love you, and I make you happy, you know I do"

"You used to, when I was lonely you were here, and I am grateful for that. But I love him, and he makes me happy." She said firmly

He stood up looking like he would murder someone "Don't get angry" she said

"I am not angry I am just full of self-pity, who comes after you? Who can ever follow Daenerys Stormborn the Mother of dragons?"

"A great number of women I presume" she said remembering who Daario really is "specific orders will be left for you regarding the welfare of Meereen and the Bay of Dragons"

"Bay of Dragons?" he asked

"Well we can't call it Slavers Bay, anymore can we?" she said standing up and facing him

He nodded "You'll get that throne you want so badly, I know it, I hope it brings you happiness" he put down his glass and looked into her eyes "I pity the Lords of Westeros, they have no idea what's coming for them"

She smiled "Farewell Daario Naharis"

He nodded and did a slight bow before leaving the room. She sighed, she was glad that was over with.

She walked back to throne room and saw Tyrion sitting on a step drinking wine. Now was the perfect time to tell him.

"How did he take it?" He asked

"No tears" she replied 

"Does he know about Jon?"

"He does" she said quietly and sat down next to him

He smiled "How about the fact that this is actually happening, you have your armies you have your ships, you have your dragons and you have a man who loves you as much as you love him. Everything you've ever wanted, since you were old enough to want anything, its all yours for the taking"

She sat in silence at that "Are you afraid?" he asked gently

She nodded slightly, "Good, you're in the great game now, and the great game is terrifying. The only people who aren't afraid of failure are mad men like your father"

She looked at him "Do you know what frightens me? I said farewell to a man who loves me, a man I thought I cared for, and I felt nothing, just impatient to get on with it"

He smiled "My Queen you shouldn't be frightened by that, you love another it's as simple as that"

She stood up in front of him. 

"I have been told my whole life to believe in things, family, gods, kings, myself...it was often tempting, until I saw where belief got people" She frowned but he continued "So I said no thank you to belief" he stood up and faced her "And yet here I am" he moved closer "I believe in you. Its embarrassing really, I would swear you my sword, but I don't actually own a sword"

She smiled and almost giggled "It's your counsel I need"

He looked at her "Its yours, now and always"

"Good" she said with a smile making Tyrion smile "I had something made for you" She pulled out the Hand of the Queen pin "I am not sure if its right" she pinned to his chest, and he smiled at her, she smiled back and saw he was trying not to cry.

"Tyrion Lannister, I name you hand of the Queen"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.2K 1.5K 52
After witnessing the death of the royal children. Ned Stark leaves to find his sister. He arrives to see his sister giving birth to Jaehaerys Targary...
128K 2.4K 17
COMPLETED! Daenerys Targaryen has arrived in Westeros ready to take back her kingdom--until she meets Jon Snow and he flips her world upside down. No...
7.4K 420 4
Jon Snow is trying to find his place in the new city. He just moved there, to start his carrier but NYC is not like he thought... then something happ...
117K 2.4K 45
With the help of Ser Arthur Dayne, Robert Baratheon falls dead in the Trident and the rebellion ends. Rhaegar then sends Ned Stark to Tower of Joy to...