Limelight

By seventhirty3pm

Limelight parts 1,2, will all be included in this book. Part 3 will be separate. All her life Delilah Smith... More

Dear Reader
Cast
Fame
The Bronx
The Limelight
My Crème De La Crème
Whip Appeal
Breaking News
People Make The World Go Round
The Joneses' Boy
Encounters
Addition To Part One Cast
Adventures In The Bronx
The Show
The Papers, The Beginning
Daddy's Word
Exhibit A. Coming Out
There But For The Grace Of God Go I
Arosing Conflicts
Home
When Fate Calls
Road To Glory
Road To Glory Part 2
Destiny
Next Big Thing
The Bad, The Ugly
Brewing Plans
A Different Route
Something Like Resolutions
California Dreaming
Solo Jackson
Reunited
With Ruin Comes Hope
The Closer We Get
With Hope Comes Ruin
A Night To Remember
There's A Candle For The Darkness
About-Faces
Pleasure & Pain
Portrait Of Havoc
Shades Of Gray
Voyage To Hollywood
Dear Reader
Cast
Legally Misguided
Talking Business
Chasing Inspiration
The Start Of The Beginning
He's The Greatest Dancer
Lights, Camera, Action
Time Is Of The Essence
Hollywood Swinging
Boogie Oogie Oogie
The Thrill Of It All
Addition To Part Two Cast
There's A Key For Locked Doors
'Tis The Season
Business Vs Pleasure
Never Can Say Goodbye
Time Waits For No One
Life In Oz
Bees, Buzz, And Honey
City Of Angels, Land Of Demons
Upside Down
All Is Fair In Love And War

Killa's Kill

492 29 156
By seventhirty3pm

Reminder

This is a MUSIC-BASED BOOK . If you want the full experience of "Limelight" then please press the video and enjoy.

One Week Later

May 15th

" Good-afternoon brothers, sisters, and other people. I hope you're doing well and polishing up your acts. Today I have the week's biggest hit for you folks, This is RadioRic introducing to your ears McFadden & Whitehead Ain't No Stopping Us Now."

" Yes, yo can you believe this? I ain't know Robert could get this on the radio like that. This joint been playing all week twenty five eight. " Valentina snapped as they drove around in Mrs. Smith's car.

Alyssa's fingers tapped the wheel along to the beat of the song as Delilah turned the radio up with a proud smile.

Her first time on the radio wasn't exactly how she pictured it, but like her mother used to say. Life is not always predictable.

" Not only am I shocked about us being on the radio but ...I can't believe mom let us push this navigator around the neighborhood." Alyssa exclaimed as they stopped at a red light.

" I don't even know if it's real or not. It happened so fast."

" Right we were just losing the talent search and breaking bubble gum machines and now look we cruising down the street in ya moms car, vibing out to us on the radio and on top of all that we're off to lunch with a genius...ass...producer." Valentina stated as they continued their journey downtown.

Once the girls reached their destination they left the car with excited laughter as they walked towards the restaurant called Labar's.

" Aye I wonder if he gonna pay for all of us."

" Tina I'm pretty sure when a man offers to take women out to lunch that he's gonna pay."

Valentina shrugged as she glanced over to Alyssa." Nah cause when ever Troy takes me out we split the bill."

" Thats because Troy is fucking broke." they laughed as they were allowed through the doors.

...

Delilah

The wait for the food consisted of small talk between the five of us. It was a surprise to the girls and I that Robert's partner Mr. Carlitos Anderson would be joining us. By the looks of him I didn't expect him to be as funny and outgoing as he was. I could easily tell that he was two different people outside of his craft, which was common with most people. It was a big relief to see that he wasn't as intimidating during his daily life.

When the food came we all thanked the waiter before Robert's attention went to us with a hint of seriousness in his eyes that alerted my attention.

" Okay let's cut to the chase ladies." his lips curled into a smile. " Now remember in the studio I informed you that this could go one way or the other? "

I nodded and looked over to my girls. " Yeah you told us that this song could be lost treasure or it could sky rocket."

" And I was right, hottest song of the week playing every single day on the Soul4Real station and more. And on top of that my phone has been blowing up with offers for McFadden and Whitehead...Now that's good and all, but in show biz you have to be smart with your choices. Think of it as like ... gambling. You have your choices you either take them or you don't." Robert stated causing Carlitos to pitch in.

" Yeah, Yeah. That's a perfect example because everything in life is a gamble...there's always an if —if I don't take it should I have or if I do take it should I have not? That's what we did we gambled and yes we declined all the offers. But just last night we hit the fucking jackpot when we received a call from thee Don Cornelius asking for a performance for Ain't No Stopping Us Now. So we brought you girls here because we want the song to sound as original as possible so what do you say? Down for a trip to Hollywood?"

" Hells yeah! " Alyssa blurted causing her and Valentina to go on in disbelief and excitement. Yet I couldn't help but shake my head in reasonable thought.

" I have to run it by my moms first before anything." I said, noticing Robert and Carlitos's confused expressions.

" Wait I'm sort of lost here...you need your mother's consent? How old are you?" Robert inquired causing me to sigh. When I told him my age he placed his utensils down and rubbed his face.

" Okay...Alright I can work around this...I just have to get in touch with your parents."

" Well I live with my grams, and she couldn't care less so you ain't gotta worry about me."

" Or me neither, I'm grown." Valentina and Alyssa smirked earning a side eye from me.

" Good then we only have to kill a bird with a stone then. When is the best time to reach out to them?"

" Well tonight we're having a birthday dinner for my brother and my cousin around 8:30-ish. "

Robert smiled at me as he nodded. " That's perfect. I'll be there." he assured clicking his glass with Alyssa, Carlitos, and I before he smirked to Valentina and clicked hers.

Mrs. Smith left the walls of her sister's home and entered hers with a slight smile after helping her prep the dinner. She kicked her shoes off and peered slightly at the faint sound of a door closing down the hall.

" Delilah? Alyssa? You girls home already? Your aunt could use some help decorating - " Emily smiled before her husband appeared around the corner.

" Noah." was all she could utter once seeing him. His expression was bland for he was aiming to get in and get out unnoticed.

" Emily...I see you changed your hair." he pointed out, walking out to the kitchen to get a glass of his favorite scotch.

" Um yeah... how have you been?"

" Besides paying money I shouldn't be spending on hotel rooms? I'm fine."

Emily twisted her lips before sighing. " I um...haven't seen the church buzzing lately."

" Well since the Jones family were gracious enough to give me the check, the church is preparing for construction."

Emily nodded as the conversation simmered down.

With worried eyes she watched him place the glass down in the sink." Um Junior has been wondering when you're coming home."

" I just came by for some more clothes that's all."

" But Noah- "

" No, you said enough that night. You know for the past almost four weeks I've been thinking...yeah I was wrong for going too far but you know what, I realize I'm always seen as the bad guy when all I want is for my children to mind my rules."

" Noah...I told you that it was not like that." Emily gritted as she leaned against the counter, letting out a small chuckle before she glared at him. " And you know what I realize? Your rules are overbearing, ridiculous and only apply to the girls... especially my Honey. You slut shame her when you feel like her clothes are too tight or too short...you can't realize that they are growing up, and they're not going to be girls anymore— hell Alyssa isn't a girl anymore and soon Honey won't be either. Your grip is so tight on them that you're suffocating them, especially Delilah. They are not us they are our children, and they are going to have different desires and they are going to want different for their lives. You're not going to strip Delilah of her dream."

"As long as my name is on that birth certificate I will always have a say in what she does and what she does not do. And that disco crap is one of them, All I'm trying to do is protect her that's it. So no she will not sing... tell Junior that I'll be back in time for the dinner." he grabbed his bag and headed for the door.

...

Junior and Devin thanked Mr. D for the free hair cut as they walked out of Barbra's in high spirits. Today they were spending their birthday like the usual. They'd go to their favorite places in the neighborhood and get free services.

Now they were going to get their free lunch at Frank's along with their favorite slice of chocolate cake Frank whipped up for them for the past two years.

In no time they were sitting in their unassigned but assigned birthday booth at Frank's. It was near both the kitchen and the gaming area — the best table in the restaurant.

Usually a group of Jocks at Clayton sat there for they claimed the table, but ever since 74' Frank made them give it up once a year.

" I can't believe you're fifteen it's like you been the same age for the past two years."

" Man shut up I could say the same about you. Mother fucker finally seventeen...the youngest soon to be Senior in the V."

" Yeah what ever come back to me when you finally go through puberty." Devin laughed as Junior threw a small salt packet at him.

" Here goes your meals my two Taurus bulls." Frank smiled as he placed the food down then turned around, immediately bumping into Raheem.

The two shakes flew onto Frank's uniform as Raheem dropped the drink tray with a look of shock and shame. " I'm so sorry boss I..." he trailed off as he watched Frank freeze with his arms out and low. This was the second time today and fifth time since he started working here that he spilled something on Frank or on the floor.

Frank sighed and shook his head. " Kid...just clean up this mess and go on lunch break."

Raheem removed the towel from around his neck and made his way back towards the kitchen area.

" Tough break kid." his fellow worker, Torri, smiled at him as she washed a few utensils. " You're lucky Frank is desperate for some help around here or you would've been out of that uniform." she chuckled and handed him the mop with a slight smirk.

" Here, now can you please stop screwing up...I'm starting to be in favor of having you around." She added as they both smiled at each other.

His smile still lingered on his face as he made his way back to the mess, but suddenly he stopped in his tracks. Sincere was sitting at a booth nearby pretending to read the menu before he gasped sarcastically once directing his eyes at him.

" Oh, I wasn't expecting to see you here kid."

Raheem looked from side to side. " Are you fucking following me man? I thought I had to come to you?"

" Well you was taking too long, so I decided to take matters into my own hands."

" Look I got a job to do."

" Yeah well you might as well kiss this job goodbye because me and a few people got some work for you to do," he stated sparking someone's attention in the booth behind him.

There sat Man Killa hiding her face behind the large newspapers but once she heard Sincere's statement she peeked over the piece she folded down to see who he was talking to.

Raheem was just about to walk away from him until he noticed Sincere aiming the gun at him from under the table. " You got five seconds to kiss this job goodbye."

Raheem let the mop fall from his hand as he thought of what to do. He felt as if he had no choice if he wanted to live passed this day.

Torri smiled as she approached the table, handing Sincere his to-go bag with one hand while the other balanced a pitcher of water.

Without thought, Raheem grabbed it and poured the water over her head, earning a loud outburst from her due to the coldness.

" Raheem what the fuck"

" Hey hey, what's the problem? What's going on here?" Frank rushed out to see Torri's pressed ponytail soaked along with her work shirt.

" She looked a little hot, so I decided to cool her down."

They stared at Raheem for a while before Frank ordered him to leave and return his uniform shirt by the end of the week.

Raheem glared back to Sincere who smirked at him as he slowly backed away then headed for the side door.

Killa's jaw clenched as she continued to watch from behind her papers. She had eyes like a hawk, and she easily spotted Sincere discreetly putting his gun back in his jacket.

Ever since her talk with Junior, she made it her mission to protect him, so when she wasn't looking after him she was following Sincere to make sure that he wasn't up to nothing..

Killa figured that Sincere was the ring leader and the rest was just waiting for his call. What she didn't understand was what the diner boy had to do with anything, but she was about to find out.

She waited until Sincere was out of sight to head for the side door that the both of them left out of, but before she could. " Hey MK, what's up?" she heard from behind her, causing her eyes to shut immediately.

Once turning around to face him she forced a wide smile. " Hey how you doing kid?"

" Kid? You're looking at a grown man...I'm fifteen now and soon I'll have a full mustache and a six-pack." Junior smirked, earning a playful eye roll from her.

" Yeah, I doubt that pipsqueak."

" Alright you watch and see." he laughed as he playfully flexed and kissed his arm.

" Happy birthday Bullseye." she smiled before making an effort towards the door, but he stopped her again.

" Um...I'm having a dinner tonight around eight. It's supposed to be a surprise, but they've been doing it for the past two years so... me and my cousin just like to act surprised anyway just because it's funny. " he cleared his throat. " Anyways I wanted you to come, my uncle is gonna be there so you won't feel awkward or anything. Plus my aunt suddenly got mad cooking skills overnight because I swear her food was the worst-"

" Bullseye...I'll go damn. I swear you can talk someone to death...Look I gotta go but I'll come to your dinner." she assured him on the way out the door.

Devin approached Junior then with wide eyes. " How on earth do you know her?"

" Um, let's just say she's a good friend of mine."

Devin nodded as he watched her walk towards her car. " She's beautiful," he mumbled, earning a disgusted grimace from Junior in response.

Raheem's jaw clenched as he peered out of Sincere's window. " Look I ain't do nothing okay, and... What the fuck kind of pig are you anyways? Threatening people with guns and forcing them to quit their jobs and shit."

" I'm not a cop, and I said this was about your dad, but since he dodged the bullet I guess you're going to carry his weight. You ever shot someone before?" Sincere smiled opposite to Raheem's expression.

" Are you out of your mind? Hell no kill me now I don't even give a fuck anymore."

Sincere put his gun up and eyed him. " It's either you do this or I hurt someone you care about."

" Yeah right I ain't got a family."

" But you do have someone that means to you." Sincere let down his sun visor, revealing the picture of Raheem and Delilah sitting in front of their school. " You have a choice either your best friend or her brother."

...

Delilah skimmed through the dresses with intent eyes.

" Okay, Why are we even here if you're not even sure that we're going to L.A? " Valentina spoke from beside her as they remained in the clothing store downtown.

Delilah shrugged and turned to the mirror, holding the dress up to her body. " What? I can't shop?"

" Girl with what money?" Valentina laughed causing Delilah to scoff playfully as she put the dress back.

" Believe it or not I got money." she said in thought of the check as Valentina pursed her lips.

" Yeah right, Not enough to buy anything in this joint. Where's Alyssa we need to tip before we get accused of shoplifting or something."

Alyssa then appeared out the dressing room with multiple items before dropping them into Valentina and Delilah's arms.

" Um, What is all of this?" Delilah's right brow rose as she watched her sister pullout a card.

" Unlimited... I got a date tonight." she smirked earning strange looks from Delilah while Valentina on the other hand gasped in excitement.

" Girl where did you get that and who?"

Alyssa twisted her lips at Valentina's question. " Remember that day I told y'all about the guy, Alberto? Well I kinda sort of lied."

" You lied?" Delilah and Valentina eyed each other before glaring at her.

" Oh shit... cut that shit...That's your man ain't it? Is it? Is it! Come here!" Valentina began to tease her as they chased her back into the dressing room.

...

The summer's night took an eternity, but once it came - the Smith and Lovett family all gathered around the table along with an additional Valentina, Ms. Betty, Levi, and Devin's friend Anthony.

Alyssa whispered in Delilah's ear.
" Girl, it's eight-forty, didn't you tell Robert eight-thirty?"

She bit her lip in thought as she looked at the ticking clock. " Yo what if I scared him away or something?" she whispered back, but suddenly the doorbell rang.

" I'll get it!" They both exclaimed and rushed towards the door.

Curtis smiled, expecting the usual warm welcoming from them but instead they sighed and walked back into the dining room.

Junior smiled as he spotted his Uncle along with Man Killa trailing in behind him, the both of them placing their gifts on the couch with the rest of them.

" Yo, who's that?" Anthony questioned causing Devin to nudge him from underneath the table.

" Don't worry about it...I call dibs." he proclaimed earning another disgusted glare from Junior.

Uncle Curtis approached everyone and Junior stood to introduce her. " Mom, Auntie, cousins, sisters, and friends this is a friend of mine MK."

Dorthy was the first to greet her with a handshake before Betty who smiled. " Mm aren't you a cute one."

" I love how full your hair is." Dorthy complimented as well." MK, Your name must be Michelle." she said, earning side-eyes from Junior, Curtis, and her before they nodded.

Emily just observed as she sipped from her glass watching Killa take her seat next to Junior. " So, MK how old are you?"

" I'll be twenty the twentieth of next month."

" Hm." Emily hummed as she watched Dorthy serve them the food. " Well, what exactly can an almost twenty-year-old woman and my fourteen-year-old son have in common?"

" Ma, I'm fifteen."

" Your ass wasn't born until eleven now stay out of grown-ups talk."

Man Killa gave a closed-lipped smile as she thanked Dorthy for the food. " Actually Ms—"

" Mrs. actually...Mrs. Smith."

Everyone at the table threw discreet looks at each other as they waited for Man Killa's response–Sensing the sudden tension.

" I'm sorry...Mrs. Smith. Your son and I actually met through Curtis, I'm a good friend of his so."

" Mm, How cute...how come your name doesn't ring a bell then?"

Junior slouched down where he sat in embarrassment until he noticed the front door opening. Man Killa's phone then began to ring causing her to excuse herself.

" Pops! " Junior smiled as him and Alyssa rushed towards him bearing embraces.

Delilah's heart stood still for a moment as she watched him place the gifts down and especially once they looked at each other.

He cleared his throat before greeting her with a small hug then took his seat on the opposite end of his wife.

Delilah felt small within his presence as if all the sureness she had in her future vanished when he walked through the door.

She thought the timing couldn't get any worse until her mother opened the door. " May I help you?"

" Mrs. Smith right? My name is Robert Flack." he shook her hand. " Your wonderful daughter invited me for dinner to discuss a few things with you."

Mrs. Smith of course was confused but allowed him in any way. Valentina nudged the girls and their eyes grew wide instantly as he approached the table.

Delilah felt her self become a bit nervous as she took it upon herself to introduce him fully. " Um mom —dad this is Robert Flack, owner of Magic Studios. "

Ms. Betty placed her hand over her heart.
" Wait... I just read about you in a magazine... I— Lord have mercy look I love miss Roberta Flack, representing for the girls with some extra meat." She squealed earning a side-eye from Mrs. Smith while Mr. Smith glared intently at Robert.

" That still doesn't explain why you're inside of my home." Mr. Smith glared at him who was sitting beside him.

Robert cleared his throat. " Well, I saw Delilah perform at Bobby Coleman's talent search and felt as if her talents shouldn't be wasted."

" Talent search? When did this happen?"

Everyone seemed to either drink their drinks or tend to their meals, but no one answered until moments later when Mrs. Smith did.

" There was a Talent Search for Limelight records and I allowed them to go."

" Without my say?"

Robert glanced over to Delilah who now had her hand covering her face.

" I told you she just wants to sing and this man gave her a shot at that."

" We um, recorded a song," Delilah mumbled as she stared at her food. She could feel the heat from her dad's stern stare burning through her before the loud sound of his silverware slammed against his plate.

" What did I tell you about singing this devil music? This dirty disco garbage."

Robert caught on immediately. He should've known from the large cross on the wall along with the many scriptures quoted as well.

" Mr. Smith I assure you that this song is completely righteous...in fact, it's gospel even," Robert claimed earning strange looks from Delilah and the girls before they realized his strategy.

" Exactly daddy it's not disco it's about the black experience, about us coming a long way and not stopping at nothing. With the help of God of course." Delilah said.

Mr. Smith's fist relaxed around his fork.

" It's called Ain't No Stopping Us Now. I have a new duo and these girls were kind enough to bless the song with their holiness. In fact, they blessed it so much that it's the hottest song of the week. "

" Oo, I think I heard it this morning on that one radio station. You girls sounded so good." Betty butted in.

" Yes and also Don Cornelius wants the song performed on his show. Soul Train," Robert stated earning multiple exclaims and gasps from nearly everyone while Mr. Smith shook his head.

" Absolutely not."

"Noah." Curtis peered in his direction causing them to eye each other down. "Didn't he just say that the song was nice and clean?"

"I will not have them on that show, it's full of sin."

"Sin, Sin, Sin. Spoken from the biggest sinner I know ." Curtis gritted earning various looks from the people around the table.

"Curtis."

"Noah." Curtis placed his fork down causing Mr. Smith to clench his jaw.

"My daughters will not be on that show that is located God knows where."

"Um, Los Angeles Mr. Smith." Robert smiled awkwardly.

"Exactly why would I allow and trust a man with my girls all the way across the country?"

Curtis looked over to his nieces and sighed. "I'll go with them then." Curtis said and wiped his mouth. 

Mrs. Smith smiled over to Dorthy and nodded. "This is a great opportunity and I say they should go."

Delilah and Alyssa's eyes snapped to each other's. Their mother's say was most important, they knew that their father would give into her eventually.

Robert glared at everyone's expression "Mr. Smith this could be an opportunity for your girls to lead people out of the darkness with this music...get them on the right track."

There was then brief silence as everyone waited for his answer. His stone-cold expression seemed to never fade as he looked into Robert's eyes. " Well then... okay."

"Okay?" Delilah leaned forward and he looked at her.

" Yes okay you have my permission, but I mean it I will be tuning into the show whenever it airs and if I see one foul movement."

" You won't, you won't I promise thank you." she smiled as she held onto Alyssa's hand.

Curtis smiled as well as he clinked glasses with her. " We'll make this count I swear." he told her sending the broadest smile across her face.

Man Killa made her way back into the dining room and approached Junior whispering. " I have some business to take care of but let me know what you think about your gift. " she turned to his family causing Mr.Smith to look at her with slightly bulging eyes. " Thanks for the wonderful dinner Mrs. Smith and you too miss." she waved at Dorthy causing Junior to walk her to the door.

" Thanks for the gift and I'm sorry about my moms and shit she be tripping sometimes."

" Nah I actually enjoyed her little intimidation...she got spunk. " Killa smiled, exchanging a few more words with him then soon she was out the door causing her joyous demeanor to change at an instant as she began to place the bullets in her gun.

...

The heavy sound of rock music surrounded the place as Man Killa entered with caution...after all this bar was home for all Skeletors.

Her presence silenced nearly everyone while their eyes did the talking as she strode further with her head high and not a trace of fear.

A lioness facing a pack of hyenas.

She sat at the bar placing her gun down and began to shine it with her personal silk cloth. It was her way of getting everyone's attention until she had the person she came for.

Everyone in the neighborhood knew this was an obvious red flag, but Killa was like a cat and nine lives seemed to apply to her every time.

Many men in the Three Sixty always joked about how her luck would run dry one day, especially when she either rejected them or won a game of poker. None of it phased her ... not even the thought of young death.

She smiled and placed her gun back on her waist as she noticed someone sit next to her through her peripheral.

" Isn't this a bittersweet surprise...you finally came to join where you really belong ?"

" Nah, but I do have something better, Alberto."

" Oh really? What can be better than the best wolf in sheep clothing I know?"

"An extermination. We both got a few rats on our side...Mine I want you to get rid of and I could ask for you to get rid of yours but that would be too harsh of me to ask you to off your own little brother."

Alberto's jaw clenched as he looked over to her and downed his shot of whiskey ." Just tell me what he did and I'll choose the punishment, but you out of all people know that it's against my code to kill family, at least now it is." 

" I know you remember Raz...his little friend."

" Yeah and actually he told me that some Three Sixty named Bullseye laid him down."

Killa laughed and shook her head." Three Sixty? The cornball that they used to bully... he wouldn't come near us nor would he hurt anyone - hell he wouldn't even hurt a fly. You know why his nickname is Bullseye? It's a fucking joke because the kid has bad aim...I would pay to see him try to shoot a gun." she peered at him with her deceiving eyes then continued. " But Sincere...he's in cahoots with an officer, Officer Simmons. Last week Shank tried to tell me about what they were up to but I didn't believe him so I figured that I see for myself. I followed Sincere all the way down to the Pines and sure enough, I found out that it was true. Officer Simmons agreed to clear Sincere's record in exchange for bringing the gangs to an end. And your brother is his little puppet to make it all happen, why do you think it was so easy to convince the world that— that white cop killed Raz?"

That was all she had to say, connect the dots in a web of twisted lies and bits of the truth.

Alberto balled his fist before glancing her way and placing a gun on the bar. She looked down and immediately spotted the S carved into it causing her heart to drop slightly. She knew the gun from anywhere— it was Shank's, but what she really wanted to know was why he had it.

" This was found next to Slime's body in the alley across the street. Fernando claimed that he didn't see who the killer was but one of the other men gave me this gun..." Alberto shook his head. "I won't kill him, but I'll give you an ultimatum that will make him wish that I did."

Man Killa thought for a second then nodded. " Sincere wants to take me to the bridge in fifteen minutes. I know he'll leave his car lights on so you'll see us ... just make sure to fire when I say." She looked at the clock to see that it was a quarter past nine.

Alberto nodded. "I'll send some of my men out and tell them your orders."

" What you got somewhere to be?" Man Killa smirked as she eyed him.

" A date with my lady, so I can't get my hands dirty tonight unfortunately."

Man Killa nodded as she stood to leave, but he stopped her by placing a fake I.D in her hand. " I made this for Fernando to get into the clubs but do what you want with it I'm sure you can get creative."

She observed Fernando's picture before they both nodded at each other.

She had everything set up...now it was only the matter of executing it right for it not to blow up in her face.

...

The city lights lit the night like a million fireflies as they reached the end of the bridge in Sincere's car, and he stared at her once he set the car in park.

He'd find himself staring at her whenever he could, always finding the little girl he knew before he turned her into a monster.

The Intruders's I Wanna Know Your Name played lowly on the radio causing him to smile and turn the volume up in remembrance.

Hey, where do you live
Where do you live, baby
I'd like to take you home
What do I have to give
To call you on the phone.

" Remember we used to come here all the time?" he asked randomly earning a slight eye roll from her.

" Yeah how can I forget? You took my first kiss three years ago today."

" That's not the only thing I took." He chuckled as he made his way out the car. Man Killa watched him hop on the hood of the car before she pushed open the passengers' door to join him.

Just sitting there brought so many memories to her mind. She hated to think about it now, but she couldn't help it. She looked over to him with an intense look behind her stare.

"What?" He laughed and shook his head.

"You still didn't tell me why we here Sincere."

" So I can apologize to you about what I said...I know I promised that I wouldn't bring our son up. But I couldn't have you fucking up what I was doing."

" What betraying all of us?"

" You won't understand, to you Ghost did a lot for...but me he ruined my life. Now I know his nephew means a lot to you but I need my vengeance ... and more importantly I need my record clean so we can get our son back."

Man Killa's face dropped. "He is in a nice home somewhere far away and I told you that you can't go near him or you can't try to get him."

" I found him already and that's another reason why I brought you here. I've been talking to him for over two months now and tomorrow I plan on telling him who I am."

She peered somewhere over his shoulder as she saw the three Skeletors waiting for her say and stood. " Is that so?" she stepped back causing Sincere to freeze at the sound of guns cocking behind him.

He kissed his teeth once he saw the three men stand beside her, she grabbed him by the shirt and yanked him off the car hood. Sincere slowly put his hands in the air as he stared at her. " And I thought one day I was actually going to win you back." he laughed showing the golds glistening on his teeth. In this moment she could see the younger version of him back when he made her heart throb with his charisma...but now that his younger self disappeared she just saw him and shook her head.

" You can't get something back you never really had." she snapped sending multiple gunshots his way. His body jotted relentlessly each time a bullet penetrated him, leaving his eyes wide and mouth slightly open with blood oozing to his chin.

The atmosphere held a moment of silence as he dropped to the ground.

Man Killa sent them off before she walked towards Sincere's body, pushing him over on his back as the sound of Willie Hutch's I Choose You haunted her in the background.

She reached into his pockets and tried her best to contain her emotions but that was until he grabbed her wrist tightly and pulled her into a brief kiss.
" Always...Mine," he muttered and moments after his eyes stood still and his grip around her weakened until his hand fell to the ground.

Killa's jaw clenched and a single tear fell down her cheek while she closed his eyes before walking away, letting Fernando's I.D fall to the ground as she did so.

...

Mr. Smith looked around and rang the doorbell to the grand house. It was nearly four in the morning, but he didn't care...her face was on his mind ever since dinner, and he had to tell.

Mrs. Jones closed her silk robe as she made her way down the long staircase with squinted eyes. She didn't question who could be ringing her doorbell at four in the morning. Something in her actually told her who it was.

Her eyes widened as she cracked the door to see Mr. Smith's face. " Noah, Are you crazy? You know my husband is here, and we agreed to only meet at hotels." she eyed him down, feeling rather sick with nervousness at the sight of her secret lover standing only inches away from her.

" I didn't come here for that... I saw her tonight Livia... I saw our daughter."

A/N

I really struggled with completing this and I didn't even have writer's block. Anyways... how did you feel about this chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 562 34
𝐑𝐎𝐘𝐀𝐋 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 | 𝐉𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐀𝐇 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐓³ This story will include deleted scenes from the movie and scenes that I created. If you want...
13.8K 549 14
[MJFAs 2019 Winner - Best Short Story] The fourth day of the week. The day before Friday. Just any other day. But to Valerie, it's everything. It's...
26.3K 1.2K 27
𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧 𝐖𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 is far from perfect. Before starting her senior year of college, she's already guaranteed her position as the black sheep o...
18.7K 2K 32
(Ranked #1 in Adult in 28K stories) #Wattys2020 🥇(1st place) Romance- The Platinum Awards 🥈(2nd place) Chicklit - 2023 Rose Gold Awards 🥈(2nd pl...