bad chemistry

By guppyxee

a popular actress. a captain of the swat team. why can't they get along? her puppy like personality is no m... More

intro
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty - one
twenty - two
twenty - three
twenty - four
twenty - five
twenty - six
twenty - seven
twenty - eight
twenty - nine
thirty
thirty - one
thirty - two
thirty - three
thirty - four
thirty - five
thirty - six
thirty - seven
thirty - eight
thirty - nine
forty
forty - one
forty - two
forty - three
forty - four
forty - five
forty - six
forty - seven
forty - eight
forty - nine
fifty
final
SIDE NOTE

thirteen

419 16 0
By guppyxee

Everyone just watches quietly as Taeil continues to place an IV shot into Jeno, who is staring weakly outside the window to avoid everyone. He didn't want them to see his weak side, though it is prevalent. Jaemin sighs to himself painfully at the sight of him, and Minhyung continues to stare without a word. He feels the sign of regret rising within his stomach. Donghyuck tries to cheer them up, but it doesn't work at all. Renjun tells him to be quiet, and Jisung is just resting his chin against Chenle's shoulder without another word. Taeil makes his way outside towards the other team members, as he closes the door quietly.

Taeil doesn't say much before replying with a deep sigh, "He seems to have gotten worse in his condition.... to the point where he dreams of his previous ways of feeling things. Sooner or later, he will go out of control..he shouldn't be out in this area before he reaches to that state."

Jisung chimes without a thought, "But we all know he can't stay alone....but none of us lives alone."

Jaemin rolls his eyes and replies, "Yeah thanks for pointing that out smart head."

Jisung frowns a little at the snap, as Minhyung pats his shoulder with assurance. "I'll take him for tonight. We can all take turns taking him home...it's better than him staying alone here when we all know his parents and family members live abroad."

Renjun widens his eyes at the comment before complaining a little, "Hyung we live together. How can you say that so easily without discussing with me?"

"Oh shush."

Everyone starts to chatter amongst themselves as a Taeil excuses himself to go back into this office. Meanwhile, Jeno is ignoring the commotion outside to just focus on the flowers that are blooming along the branches. Somewhat the soul of spring disappeared with the chilly winds as the rays of the hot sunshine glistened against his skin. He feels..like nothing. Nothing excites him to continue on, and he can't find anything to touch slightly. Maybe because the sunshine was on his prickly skin for a long time, which is when he can feel the heat slowly seeping in. But he doesn't feel the room burning without the ac on, which he prefers just to stay still.

There is a slight knock on the door, and he blankly just watches Jisung enter into the room with a small tray. Jisung places the tray down on the table beside the bed, and fans himself as he quietly says, "Isn't it hot?"

"I don't feel it."

"Ah..well. Taeil said that your body is going to get dehydrated and weak if you don't eat something. I am forced to watch you eat everything, so please eat so I can leave this hot room."

Jeno shakes his head slightly, watching the younger place the tray on the bed so that the captain could eat. Jeno couldn't say no since he knows that Jisung works extra hard to help him and also that actress. He takes the spoon silently and barely eats a spoonful, watching confusingly as Jisung widens his eyes suddenly.

"What?"

"Hyung that just came out of the pot from the stove?"

There are slight tingles that are dancing against the tip of Jeno's tongue but he shrugs it off as Jisung just watches with amazement as the older continues to eat quietly without realizing how steamy and hot the soup actually. He manages to finish the whole bowl since he knows that Renjun would start yapping along with Jaemin if he doesn't finish. Jisung also then hands a piece of chocolate onto Jeno's hands and leaves the room briskly with the empty bowl and tray.

Jeno just stares at the piece of chocolate, wondering if he can differentiate the taste of it at least. If he can't get the hotness from the food, how about the chocolate? He opens the wrapper carefully before breaking off a piece of chocolate crisp, and slips it into his mouth. He chews loudly to listen to the little munches but he is left with disappointment. He then throws the rest of it away as he grumbles to himself, "I can't even taste chocolate."

He stares at the clock quietly when he realizes that the afternoon is slowly slipping away. He sits up to look around the room, before slowly getting up to his feet. He walks out of the infirmary before arriving to his office. The rest of his teammates all perk up at the sound of the footsteps, Donghyuck exclaiming at the same time, "Jeno! What are you doing here?"

The others watch quietly as Jeno approaches to his desk to check his cell phone.

5:09 pm.

"Where the hell is she?"

"Um...she never arrived..."

"See I told you guys that she thinks it's her own house and her own schedule. I say to stop here. I mean you did train her in a way-"

Donghyuck squeaks in pain as Renjun has made his way to pinch the other's ear. He pouts to himself as he rubs his ear quietly, grumbling curse words. Renjun walks to the other before resting his hand on Jeno's back before replying back, "Hey maybe take a break today."

"I don't need a break. She's such a brat. Everyday is an important day to train and she doesn't even contact the office. If she comes, call her off."

Jeno limps his way back to the infirmary before he bumps into Minhyung in the hallways. Minhyung helps him up so that they can arrive to the training arena where they both watch Jisung and Chenle spar each other for practice, laughing a couple times when they both miss hitting each other. Minhyung rests Jeno's arm around his own shoulder before speaking up, "Come home with me and Donghyuck today. Rest there, yeah?"

"I'm more comfortable at the office."

"You've been there since you left the hospital. You're trying to avoid your own home right now. So at least stay with Donghyuck for tonight-"

Jeno stumbles his way out of the other's grasp, who stares at him quietly when he could feel Jeno getting angry without control. Jeno speaks up with a bit of a louder voice, "Do you think I'm trying to stay out of home? The only place that places me into a nightmare is my bedroom. Why can't you understand?"

"Jeno, I know..calm.."

"No. You don't fucking know how to feel of not knowing anything. My senses are down. What can I do?! Oh yeah, just stay in the office and just fucking train a damn actress as a side job."

"Lee Jeno."

"No stop, you don't know, and you will never know."

The office starts to get quiet all around, as their argument starts to grow louder throughout. Jisung apparently hears them arguing, as he stops Chenle before making him face the two. The anger doesn't seem to simmer though as Jeno glares angrily at the older.

Minhyung scoffs to himself as he doesn't know why he's attacked as he's wanting to help. He knows that Jeno doesn't know how to control his growing emotions, but his ego starts to cover his feelings and understandings.

"Why does everything sound so crooked to you? Everyone wants to help you out and you're shutting people down."

Jeno rolls his eyes annoyingly as the older starts to ramble, and Johnny starts to approach the two to tell them to quit it. "I know I'm being a bitch right now, but you can't understand what I'm feeling!? Why does everything have to revolve around you hyung?"

"Hey Lee Jeno and Lee Minhyung. Quit it."

Johnny separates the two without another word as Minhyung gets tempted to grab the other's collar and throw him onto the ground. In the meanwhile, someone scurries into the office after a long day of feeling gloomy. She arrives to the arguing scene, and quietly stands there without a word. She feels bad already for arriving late without a word, but seeing Jeno angry scares her even more.

Jeno realizes another presence before pushing Minhyung aside. He makes his way towards Minju, whose looking very tired and exhausted. Her pale face is making him angrier, and he can make out her dark circles and puffy eyes from crying. She pleads quietly, "I'm sorry Mr. Lee. I had an issue at the company and I ended up drinking and-"

Without a response, Minju watches as the male balls his hand into a fist and gravitates it near her. She closes her eyes tightly and screams without thinking, as Jeno punches the wall which is right behind her. She feels the hairs on her arms pricking up in a sudden reaction, as she feels her heartbeat running faster in fear. She opens her eyes quickly to look up at the other glaring at her with the most vicious gaze she's ever seen. She holds her breathe in fear of getting attacked, but Jeno retreats his arm away where everyone can his knuckles covered in blood, and broken scabs. Minhyung knows that Jeno has a bad habit of picking at his knuckles when he's nervous due to not feeling any pain.

Jeno takes a step back from Minju, whose still frozen in shock. He replies with a chill tone that makes him seem like a different person, "Get lost. And never come back."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.9K 2.3K 45
in which, na jaemin- the schools heartthrob and the captain of the soccer team falls in love, and completely forgets about ayeong, his best friend. "...
32.2K 952 52
A future president and an artist, bound together by the overwhelming challenges of their daily life. Choi K Group's youngest daughter has a bright fu...
3.6K 129 12
You're a young girl, who's a little bit introverted and afraid to be under everybody's eyes. You only have your best friend, but it's ok for you. You...
176K 6.4K 52
❝ wow jisung. you clearly didn't torment her enough...they're usually a little more...terrified ❞ ↳ wha...