In the Eyes of the Mermaid...

By sisisummers

A story of you, a newly changed mermaid, crossing paths with BTS while they're on vacation in Jeju, South Kor... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 30

14.3K 650 119
By sisisummers

Taehyung POV

"I knew it! I knew something was up with her!" Jimin exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air.

The boys had rushed back to the hotel room, gathering all the other members to convene in the living room.

"The way she held that contest to find the Jeju mermaid... you don't think she..?"

Jungkook's soft spoken question made Taehyung's stomach churn.

The thought of that old hag having something to do with Y/N disappearing suddenly making him want to hurl.

"The letter, the phone, I mean..." Namjoon whispered out, clearly as scared to say it as Jungkook was.

"You do realize what you guys are saying right?" Jin questioned, eyes flickering between the gazes of all the boys.

"Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if she was the one that sent those divers after Y/N." Jimin grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Divers?"

"It's a long story Hyung"

"Guys I can't just sit here and wonder. I need to do something, even if that means humiliating myself finding out I was wrong" Taehyung finally spoke up, getting to his feet so he could pace around the room.

"Accusing someone of kidnapping is a pretty serious accusation Tae, I don't think you understand jus-"

"I DO UNDERSTAND!" Taehyung snapped back at Yoongi, narrowing his eyes dangerously.

"But how could I live with myself if my suspicions were right all along and I did nothing about it? I couldn't care less about myself or the repercussions right now! I just need to know she's okay!"

Yoongi bit his lip from saying anything more, shrugging his shoulders in defeat at the outburst.

"Look... if you're serious about this we need to come up with a plan." Namjoon said softly, ushering for Taehyung to sit back down.

The boy hesitated at first, the comfort of pacing keeping him focused. But Namjoon's authoritative stare made him give in.

"Joon what if she did take her... what if Y/N's hurt or trapped somewhere?" Jimin whispered out, his voice shaky as if he was really starting to believe it.

"We call the police" Jungkook offered.

"Are you kidding? She's a mermaid, that's the last thing we need! Someone else finding out about her!"

"Jimin's right, we can't call the police. We don't have enough evidence against that old hag and I don't think Y/N wants to end up in a science testing facility."

Taehyung watched as Namjoon grabbed his laptop off the coffee table, flipping it open and pressing the power button.

"Well if not the police then who? Us?!" Jin asked incredulously.

"I'm in" Taehyung piped up, not a second of hesitation.

"Me too" Jimin rushed out.

"Guys..." Jin protested, his voice growing nervous.

"I'm in too, but only for Taehyung. I'm tired of him moping around and crying all the time" Yoongi said with a smirk.

"Me too, for Taehyung." Namjoon added.

Hoseok was nodding his head, agreeing without words.

The boys all looked to Jin, waiting for him to add himself into the mix.

A few moments and a long sigh later Jin finally spoke up.

"Fine... I'm in." He groaned, rubbing his head as if he suddenly had a headache, "Whats the plan?"

"Well, if she did take her, we need to find out where she would most likely be keeping her" Namjoon said logically, eyes fixated on the screen in front of him.

Before anyone else could talk Yoongi was up and out the door, Jimin had a big piece of paper and a pencil and Hoseok was lurking over Namjoon's shoulder as he tapped away at his keyboard.

Taehyung pulled out his phone, scrolling through the message with Y/N in hopes of finding any kind of clue.

Not even fifteen minutes later the hotel room door burst open, bouncing off the wall as Yoongi sauntered back in with a what seemed like a rolled up pamphlet in hand and an unreadable expression.

Taehyung watched with furrowed brows as the grumpy boy stalked over to the coffee table, unfolding and slamming the paper on the table, making a mess of all of Jimin's notes.

"Hey! That's ou-"

"Shut up and look!" Yoongi growled, cutting off the sulking boy.

Everyone leant in, eyes growing wide as they read what was written there.

' The Grand Oceanic Resort presents; Under The Tides!

Come by our brand new aquarium and explore the magic and mystery of life under the sea at this ocean-themed destination! Home to a fin-tastic display of over 200 different species of salt-water fish!
~
Opening Ceremony will take place July 12th 2001 at 10:00am
~

Entrance Fee: 21,800

Free Entrance to Grand Oceanic Hotel Guests'

"Wow..." Hoseok whispered out, breaking the silence that had fallen over the room, "₩21,800?! That's cheap!"

Jimin reached over to swat the sunshine boy on the arm.

"That's not the point Hyung! Look where it is!" He scolded.

"Yoongi Hyung how did yo-"

"None of your business" Yoongi grumbled, cutting off Jungkook before he could finish his question.

"It was closed in 2004 due to the construction of the even bigger aquarium that opened up in town." Namjoon interjected, positioning his laptop to face the group, "It used to be in the basement level of the hotel.."

"An abandoned aquarium? Sounds like the perfect place to keep a mermaid.."

"The elevator doesn't go down to the basement, I already checked" Yoongi spoke calmly, head resting in his hands as if he was entirely bored.

"So we take the stairs" Jimin piped up.

"Okay let's go!" Taehyung said in a rush, immediately getting to his feet again.

"Wait wait wait!" Jin called, scrambling over to the mini kitchenette.

"Jin Hyung we don't have time fo-"

"Food is important and there is ALWAYS time for nutrition Taehyung!" The eldest snapped back, stuffing a handful of granola bars into a backpack, "Besides, we might need the energy!"

Without another word the boys filed out of the room, making their way towards the staircase.

I'm coming Y/N!

—-

Y/N POV

"My buyer will be here in the morning so you better be on your best behavior little fishy!You'll eat those damn worms or you'll get another shock!" Ursula yelled, slamming her hand on the glass again.

You had been unable to move since the last time she had come, the damage to your body leaving you crumpled in the same position at the bottom of the tank.

The glittering specs of your broken bracelet were grasped firmly in your palm, somehow bringing you the slightest bit of comfort the closer you got to fading away.

"J-Just k-k-ill me" You stuttered out, narrowing your eyes in the general blurry direction of the evil woman.

"No, you see, that just won't do." She replied, clicking her tongue at you patronizingly.

You watched through the glass as she stalked over to the single wooden chair, picking up a large brown envelope before turning back to face you.

The dark light bouncing around the room made her overly whitened teeth stand out like a fluorescent beam, almost resembling the Cheshire cat.

The evil smile made a chill run down your spine.

"My dear I believe you might have a change of heart. Don't you want to know why?" She sneered, her heels clacking against the concrete as she made her way closer to you.

All you could do was watch as she approached you again, slipping what looked like a photograph out of the envelope before slapping it onto the glass in front of you.

You felt your heart drop the minute your eyes adjusted to the image, tears threatening to well up in your eyes.

Staring you right in the face, clear as day, was picture of you and Taehyung... kissing.

The angle looked like it was taken from your kitchen window.

How did she..

She must have taken this the last time Taehyung stayed over..

"Y-you knew? T-This whole t-time..."

Your cry came out as barely a whisper, your heart feeling like it had almost broken completely in two after seeing that photo.

The happiness you felt in that intimate moment with Taehyung washed away as you realized you were being watched.

How could I be so oblivious...

"Of course I did! Nothing happens on this island without my knowing dear," Ursula sneered, "As for you being a mermaid? Now that I wasn't sure about, not until your little boy toy and his friend came into my hotel blabbering on about it."

You glared in the general direction of her lanky figure as you attempted to get closer to the image but as soon as she saw you move she yanked the image back.

"If you don't do as I say, if you don't eat your fish food like a good little merfreak, I'll send these to the tabloids and ruin his career."

"Y-You w-wouldn't!"

"Oh yes I would dear. You don't want your little lover boy to suffer at your expense now do you?"

You stayed unmoving for a moment, the weight of her words slowly registering to you as your eyes scanned the tank for the worms.

She can do whatever she wants to me but I won't let her hurt him too

I can't let him take a hit for me

You reached out with your hands, clawing the bottom of the tank as you attempted to pull yourself in the direction of the disgusting meal.

Every movement sent a shock of pain through your whole body, the feeling making you grit your teeth almost to the point of breaking them.

A few minutes of struggling later and you had almost reached the bag, your stomach churning as you caught a clear glimpse of them.

For Taehyung

I'm doing it for Taehyung

No matter how much joy it brings that evil woman

You began to reach out for it but a sudden loud bang caught your attention, making you turn your head just in time to see Ursula rushing towards the door.

Tears spilled over as your mind raced, horrifying thoughts of spending the rest of your life as someone's pet making you wish you would just die right now.

Please...

Please don't be the buyer...

-

//A/N//: Guys I'm so so sorry I was late with this chapter!

I've been going through a lot recently and in the midst of trying to sort out my life I couldn't find a spare moment to write. Even if I did I wasn't in the right headspace, god knows what would happen in the story if I wrote while I was upset haha!

Anyways, I hope you all are doing well ♥︎

Love you lots!

Sisi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

919 48 16
▷ BTS mermaid Series ▷ The Dream Series *WARNING* This book contains the following: ▷ blood and murder ▷ Sexual Content (?) "Let's take a trip to the...
46.3K 2.6K 151
"You motherf*cker, I think you broke my nose." "I can break a lot more than that if you'd like," Jimin replies, preparing to stand. ~~~ Jimin left Ea...
8.8K 202 21
You are the adoptive sister of a k-pop idol Kim Taehyung from the biggest boy band BTS and he loves you more than his life. What will happen when you...
66.3K 4.6K 27
(Completed) Meeting him was his fate, becoming his friend was his choice, but falling in love with him was beyond his control. Can two strangers fall...