Assassin of Worlds {Percy Ja...

By LittleLebs1

Theron. The name strikes fear into all that hear it. A cold-hearted killer known for bringing justice to the... More

Disclaimer + Other Information
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Memories
Chapter 2 - Memories Part Two
Chapter 3 - For the 17th Time, NO.
Chapter 4 - Getting Kidnapped is NOT Fun
Chapter 5 - A Tough Choice
Chapter 6 - Family Reunions
Chapter 7 - Uh-Oh
Chapter 8 - Kicking Some Monster Ass... I Hope
Chapter 9 - Dreams
Chapter 11 - Got a Quarter?
Chapter 13 - Friend or Foe?
Chapter 13 - A Place Of The Past
Chapter 14 - Capture The Flag, With A Twist
Chapter 15 - A Familiar Face
Chapter 16 - If Only They Knew
Chapter 17 - A Forgotten Lead
Chapter 18 - Hero's Day
Chapter 19 - A Light In The Dark
Chapter 20 - Can I Trust You?
Chapter 21 - Blessings of the Past
Chapter 22 - Suspicious Suspicions
Chapter 23 - Nothing Like War
Chapter 24 - Is This The Beginning Or The End?
Chapter 25 - Foretell
Chapter 26 - Foretold
Chapter 27 - A Break In The Action
Chapter 28 - ROMEing Around
Chapter 29 - Endless Sleep
Chapter 30 - Nighttime Gossip
Chapter 31 - We Attack At Dawn
Chapter 32 - Dark
Chapter 33 - Father-Son Bonding
Chapter 34 - The Beginning of the End
Chapter 35 - Sacrifice
Chapter 36 - Bad News
Chapter 37 - Resignation
Chapter 38 - Pissing People Off
Chapter 39 - Finale (Part 1)
Chapter 39 - Finale (Part 2)
Epilogue
A Farewell From The Author

Chapter 10 - Power-Ups and Unfortunate Events

12.7K 150 127
By LittleLebs1

I was going to do a Time Skip but decided against it. 

This peaceful feeling didn't last as long as Theron would have liked.

Just as the assassin was about to take another bite of his delicious burger, the cafeteria doors burst open. Literally. They flew off there hinges as collided with an unfortunate army member from Division 5.

Chaos rushed into the room, a panicked expression on his face, and ran over to the Commander's table.

"Perseus is gone!" the Creator bellowed.

Theron smirked.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Theron asked, in an as panicked voice as he could muster.

"I just wanted to let you guys-" Chaos started to ramble before he narrowed his eyes, slowly turning his focus to Theron, "Wait, what in the name of me are you doing?! You should be resting, not in the cafeteria eating a burger!"

Theron just put his feet on the table and leaned back, appearing relaxed.

"Honestly Chaos, you worry too much. I am perfectly fine, and besides, I'm starving!"

"Theron, you were unconscious for three weeks," Chaos exclaimed.

At this, Theron started choking on his burger that he just took a large bite out of. After successfully consuming the burger, he turned to Chaos.

"THREE WEEKS?!" he yelled.

Chaos nodded, "Yes, whatever you did really drained you. What exactly did you do?"

And so Theron explained. He explained how Kosmosr knocked Mercy out with just a scratch, how he fought the monster with support from Stardust and Scout, and he explained how he figured out how to beat the monster, by transferring all his hope to the monster because it fed off destruction and loss, not hope. Theron finally came to an end and he looked upon the shocked faces of his friends.

"Wow," Hunter whispered, the others could only nod in agreement.

"That doesn't matter at the moment," Theron sighed, "This beast, Kosmosr, easily defeated three Commanders of the Chaos army. So I have come to the conclusion to personally train each of you to gain physical and mental strength as well as more control over your demigod powers."

Each Commander paled greatly.

Theron chortled as he looked upon the frightened faces of his dear friends.

"Having said that, meet me in the Commander's Training room after you finish your food. We have a lot to cover."

Theron stood up and walked out of the now door-less cafeteria. He walked down the massive hallways that were painted like the galaxies, he headed in the direction he saw the Commander's training room, getting lost in thought. 

Soon enough, Theron reached the massive wooden doors that signified the presence of the exercise room. He opened the large doors and was greeted with a room that would have made Zeus jealous. The room was as large as about four Olympus throne rooms, with a large sprinting track circling the whole room. In the closest left corner of the large room, there were weights, weapons, etcetera. Basically used for physical training. In the right corner, there were many mats that looked suspiciously like Earth Yoga, as well as some other stretching operatives. In the furthest left corner, there were large robotic-like automatons that ranged in metals from Celestial Bronze to Chaotic Silver. The right corner was empty, seemingly used for whatever the user wished it to be. Overall, the grand Ancient Greek and Roman architect made the large room even more majestic.

Theron only got to study the room once more before the other Commanders appeared in the doorway.  

"Quite the training room you got here," Theron mused, turning to stare at the other Commanders, "Well, let's get started, the sooner you start, the earlier you finish. Let's start with ten laps around the track."

The Commanders groaned.

"Ten?! That's gonna kill us all! Have you seen the size of this room?!" Mercy exclaimed.

"Well if you keep complaining, I'll make it fifteen," the assassin remarked.

The others didn't need to be told twice, they all ran off and started sprinting the track. Half an hour passed and Medic was the last person to finish, who collapsed as soon as he crossed the finish line.

"I...am a...healer...not a warrior," he gasped out in between breaths.

Theron just chuckled, "Well, you guys have a five-minute break and then meet me over at the physical section."

Once all the Commanders got to the physical section, Theron started speaking.

"Now, I want you guys to rotate by doing 50 reps on each," he said, gesturing to the weights and other equipment.

Cue the groaning.

Mercy looked like he was about to remark, but one glare from Theron quickly shut him up.

Every day, the Commanders would rotate between track and physical workouts to stretching and automatons. Months passed and the Commander's stamina greatly increased, as did their mental and physical endurance. 

One day, the Commanders entered the training room, expecting another day of Hades, to find all the equipment put away and Theron sitting cross-legged, seemingly meditating. Unsure of what to do, the Commanders just waited.

"Well, are you just gonna stand there?" Theron questioned, his eyes still closed, "Come over here!"

The Commanders jumped at Theron's voice and headed over to their meditating trainer. Theron opened his eyes and stood up.

"I have come to the conclusion that after all these months of training, you have finally maxed out your abilities if you were powerless. Now, it is time to have some fun and put your use of magic to the test." the assassin said, smiling at his friends.

At the news, all of the Commander's faces brightened and they smiled back.

"Finally!" Mercy said, pretending to cry tears of joy, "Thank you, oh good sir, thank you!"

Theron merely rolled his eyes before examining the Commanders. He came to the conclusion that he should be able to improve Mercy's speed and stealth, seeing that his father was Hermes. Blaze (Beckendorf) should be able to unlock his fire abilities and improve his already great forge abilities. Hunter and Scout will both improve their abilities with archery, and maybe even guns and other projectile weapons, seeing as they got their father's archery genes. Medic, however, most likely got his father's prophetic and healing genes, and Theron should be able to improve those. Stardust should be able to improve her strength greatly, seeing as her unfortunate father is Atlas, the Titan of Endurance and Strength. Charm, who was very cutely holding hands with Blaze, should be able to unlock her Charmspeak, which will come very beneficial if Order was rising again. Phantom, who was being hugged by Chance, should be able to improve her Shadow-Traveling abilities, as well as her abilities to interact with the dead. Chance was interesting. His mother was Nemesis, he was unsure of what upgrades he would get by unlocking more of his powers. Nemesis was the goddess of revenge, balance, and retribution. So Theron could only guess what he would be able to do.

"Come sit down," Theron said, gesturing to the area around him, "I have something I want to try first."

The Commanders all listened and sat down.

"First," Theron started, "find a comfortable position. One that you find comforting and can sustain for several hours."

All the Commanders blinked.

 "Theron, you do know that we are all ADHD, right?" Charm questioned.

Theron chuckled, "I am too, but you will have to trust me on this. Ignore your ADHD, it may help if you close your eyes, find a position that brings you peace."

Theron then went into his position, which was hilariously the cross-legged position most Earth humans used when "meditating". Earth humans never get anything remotely phenomenal correct, always blaming it on other things, such as the sun reflecting off unknown surfaces. If only they had more imaginative abilities. 

Theron watched the others struggle to find a peaceful position. After twenty minutes of shuffling, everyone seemed to be happy.

"Is everyone in a good position?" Theron asked.

He got a nod of agreement from the Commanders.

"Good. Now close your eyes and try to look inside your body, you will know you are looking inside when you see a quiet glow of light." the assassin said calmly.

One by one, each Commander closed their eyes, a look of concentration and frustration passing their face from time to time. Two hours passed when the first Commander made the first step of progress.

Medic gasped, Theron could only guess that he found his core, the glowing light he was describing. 

"Medic, I'm guessing you found your core?" Theron questioned.

Medic simply gave a stiff nod of his head.

"Good. Now, try to become one with your core. It will be hard. Very hard, but great outcomes come from it." the Commander of the First Division encouraged.

Medic didn't respond as sweat trickled down his forehead. It took Theron four hours to find his core, and another six to become one with it. It was the most difficult ten hours of his life.

The hours passed and one by one, each Commander found their core. It was currently three in the morning, it had been fourteen hours since they had begun Core Training, and only two of the nine Commander had successfully combined with their core. Medic had become the fastest person to combine with their core, having only done it in nine hours. The other Commander was Charm, she had completed it in just twelve hours. Now, Charm and Medic were sparring and Theron was testing out his wings that he had never gotten to practice before.

 The large wings were hard to maneuver with and added to Theron's mass. Now, he was battling several Chaotic Silver automatons, using his wings as both offensive and defensive weapons. They seemed to be thickly woven together, making a great shield that can be used to block projectiles and large offensive moves. They also could be used to off-balance his enemies, as when swept under the automaton's metal feet, clattered to the ground. The one thing that Theron didn't understand was 'summoning' his wings. Whenever he wanted his wings out, he simply had to think about them appearing, and they seemed to appear from thin air. The wings would attach to his back, and when Theron wished for them to disappear, they left without leaving a trace. This would definitely prove useful against an attack from Kosmosr, allowing him more space to roam and a height advantage.

Theron was knocked out of his thoughts by a groan coming from the circle of Commanders who were trying to find his core, most likely signaling another person who finished. Theron walked over and was met with an unconscious Hunter. He was on the ground face first, snoring slightly. He had finished finding his core in a little over 14 hours. Theron lifted the unconscious Commander into a fireman's carry and summoned his lawn chair, turns out that along with home cooked meals, Theron can summon home furnish too. The assassin gently placed Hunter on the chair before deciding to do some melee practice on the automatons. He walked over to the corner and turned on three Chaotic Silver automatons. He then summoned Vortex and Serene. Or at least he tried to. Vortex quickly flashed into Theron's right hand, but his left hand stayed empty. He tried again to summon Serene but failed once again. He couldn't think much about it, as he was suddenly rushed by three overly aggressive automatons. 

The first one launched itself on top of Theron, taking him by surprise, and knocking him to the ground. He barely managed to roll out of the way, as the place where his head was a few seconds ago was now a severely cracked chunk of rock. Theron lept to his feet, only to be met with Metal Head #2. The automaton went for an uppercut, that was barely dodged by Theron. The assassin lept back before summoning his wings and using them to swipe at Metal Head #2's feet, causing the machine to lose its balance. Theron waisted no time as he leaped forward and, in one solid motion, cut the head clean off of the automaton, successfully deactivating it. He only had a second to regain his breath, as he was met with both Metal Head #1 and Metal Head #3.

"Oh, we are double teaming now?" Theron muttered sarcastically.

Both of the automatons crept forwards, Metal Head #1 coming from the left, and Metal Head #3 coming from the right. They tried cornering Theron as they stood opposite of each other, one facing Theron's left side and the other facing Theron's right. At the same time, they both lept forwards. Theron smirked and used his wings to boost himself upwards, successfully causing both robots to run into each other, resulting in two piles of scraps. The Commander's smirk only lasted so long as he reminded him of the fact that Serene wouldn't summon. 

He closed his eyes and tried focusing on Serene's power, but could feel it nowhere. Theron cursed. How could he not notice this sooner? He walked over to the circle to find three more Commanders awake; Blaze, Phantom, and Chance. They were talking with the others. Now the only people who were left were Mercy, Star, and Scout. The three Commanders were the most physically fit. Maybe their mental strength isn't as powerful because of that. Medic, who is the least physically fit, finished in an even shorter amount of time then Theron did. Theron was shaken from his thought as Mercy groaned and toppled sideways, leaving only the two Huntress meditating.

Theron walked over to Mercy and helped him up. Mercy groaned again and stretched his back.

"That was the worst thing I have ever done." The Commander of the Third Divison muttered, causing Theron to chuckle.

"Well you're done now, and you finished in fifteen hours, its five in the morning. Go tell the other Commanders who are finished to go to their rooms and get some rest, they will have a days break before we begin Core training." the assassin chortled.

Mercy raised an eyebrow.

"Core Training? Wait don't answer that I don't even want to know," he said, lifting his arms above his head to stretch. He then turned and walked to the others, cursing his stiff limbs like there was no tomorrow.

THIS TIME IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY CHRONUS, THE PRIMORDIAL OF TIME

Three more hours passed until both Huntresses awoke from their trance. All the other Commanders were gone, most likely asleep. Theron was there to greet them and escort them to their rooms where they promptly passed out. Theron yawned and headed down the long corridors until he found his own room, where he too passed out. Unfortunately, even being disowned by the sea god doesn't spare you from the relentless nightmares that all demigods have to suffer.

Theron was in a dark, stone room. Even though he was sleeping, he could feel the temperature drop drastically. He walked down the corridors until he wandered into a large room that had two figures with their backs faced away from him. One of them was female and the other was male.

"Order, we should lay low for at least a few more months," the male pleaded, "Your Primordial Beast was temporarily destroyed by that Theron guy."

Primordial Beast? Theron made a mental note to ask Theron about this later.

"Fine," the female, Order, replied, her voice cold and impatient, "But only for two more months! Then I strike again. We will rule the Cosmos together, but we must first take down our biggest threats. Have any Primordials accepted our offer?"

"So far only one seems to be in his, ah, other  state of mind. Ouranos wished to regain a mortal body and has therefore accepted our help." the male tittered.

The female nodded.

"Good, when we take over his request shall be granted," she said, "It is only a matter of time until Chaos and Void are forced to step down, and the two other children of Space step up."

Theron inhaled as the dream dissolved. 'Two other children of Space' could only mean one thing. End was rising as well as Order, and they were already planning Chaos and Void's demise. 

A/N:

Words: 2,698

Published: June 23rd, 2019

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

650K 32.5K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
133K 1.3K 34
Percy Jackson had it all friends, family, a perfect girlfriend 6 months after the 2nd Giant War Percy Jackson finally hopes for peace but when a son...
414K 17.7K 45
This story is about a south Indian girl Arohi. She has lot of insecurities about herself as she is a little fatter than the conventional skinny girls...
987K 39K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...