Limelight

By seventhirty3pm

Limelight parts 1,2, will all be included in this book. Part 3 will be separate. All her life Delilah Smith... More

Dear Reader
Cast
Fame
The Bronx
The Limelight
My Crème De La Crème
Whip Appeal
Breaking News
People Make The World Go Round
The Joneses' Boy
Encounters
Addition To Part One Cast
Adventures In The Bronx
The Show
The Papers, The Beginning
Daddy's Word
Exhibit A. Coming Out
There But For The Grace Of God Go I
Arosing Conflicts
Home
When Fate Calls
Road To Glory
Road To Glory Part 2
Destiny
Next Big Thing
Brewing Plans
A Different Route
Killa's Kill
Something Like Resolutions
California Dreaming
Solo Jackson
Reunited
With Ruin Comes Hope
The Closer We Get
With Hope Comes Ruin
A Night To Remember
There's A Candle For The Darkness
About-Faces
Pleasure & Pain
Portrait Of Havoc
Shades Of Gray
Voyage To Hollywood
Dear Reader
Cast
Legally Misguided
Talking Business
Chasing Inspiration
The Start Of The Beginning
He's The Greatest Dancer
Lights, Camera, Action
Time Is Of The Essence
Hollywood Swinging
Boogie Oogie Oogie
The Thrill Of It All
Addition To Part Two Cast
There's A Key For Locked Doors
'Tis The Season
Business Vs Pleasure
Never Can Say Goodbye
Time Waits For No One
Life In Oz
Bees, Buzz, And Honey
City Of Angels, Land Of Demons
Upside Down
All Is Fair In Love And War

The Bad, The Ugly

468 35 81
By seventhirty3pm

Reminder

This is a MUSIC-BASED BOOK so if you want the full experience of "Limelight" then please press the video and enjoy.

" What did he just say?" Michael mumbled under his breath as he and Randy's eyes snapped to each other.

Randy blurted over the music that began to play.
" What did he just say?"

Michael stood from the table then to get the full view, no glass interfering.

At first, he thought it was just a coincidence, but the sight of Valentina and Alyssa making their way on stage made it clear that it wasn't.

" Turn the beat around
Love to hear percussion." they sang.

Delilah took a deep breath as she sensed her cue approaching — but like before she couldn't back down now so with a short prayer she revealed herself to the crowd.

" Blow horns you sure sound pretty
Your violins keep movin' to the nitty gritty
When you hear the scratch of the guitar scratchin
Then you'll know that rhythm carries all the action, oh oh."

Michael was stunned as he watched her and the crowds reactions to her moves and tune.

" Man Mike you ain't say that girl could blow like that." Randy snapped along to the song.

Michael gave him a rushed dismissive wave before he felt Bobby's hand on his shoulder. " I think we just might have our winner don't you think?" he spoke over the music, but Michael still focused on her glow.

That day at church Delilah thought nothing could beat it. Evidently she underestimated the feelings that came with her passion.

"Flute player play your flute 'cause
I know that you want to get your thing off
But you see I've made up my mind about it
got to be the rhythm, no doubt about it, woah, woah
'Cause when the guitar player starts playing
With the syncopated rhythm, with the scratch, scratch, scratch
Makes me want to move my body yeah, yeah, yeah." She rolled her hips.

"And when the drummer starts beating that beat
He nails that beat with the syncopated rhythm
With the rat, tat, tat, tat, tat, tat, on the drums, hey."

She smiled as she sang and observed the dancing crowd. She continued to rotate her hips in a circle along with her arms and body, her head turning randomly smiling at Raheem until she noticed Keisha beside him causing Delilah to give her a teasing wink.

Keisha stormed away then as the crowd went wild, the men specifically due to the way Delilah's hips moved in the skin-tight suit.

Keisha may have stole the song, but didn't steal her shine for Hugo's choreography went along with the music just fine...in fact it went along even better.

The break down gave her the chance to wow the crowd completely. She smirked and did exactly what Hugo told her to do, it surprised her that her balance was so perfect even when she landed her double Pirouette causing the audience to gasp and cheer.

" That's it that's my star! " Bobby clapped with wide eyes earning a small smirk from Michael.

" Well what do you know." he nodded as he grabbed the piece of paper, writing her number down before scratching out the previous numbers.

Never would he thought the girl he knew was capable of doing something like this. She told him once or twice about her singing in the church's choir, but he clearly underestimated her words completely.

" I'll be back." he patted Randy's back with his determined eyes set on the stage, in plans of making his way backstage to win his winner.

Alyssa smiled over to Delilah proudly as she watched her sister do exactly what she knew she could and more.

"And when the guitar player start playing
With the syncopated rhythm, with the scratch, scratch, scratch
Makes me wanna move my body yeah, yeah, yeah
And when the drummer starts beating that beat
He nails that beat with the syncopated rhythm
With the rat, tat, tat, tat, tat, tat on the drums, hey!"

Raheem continued to cheer for her with the broadest smile on his face. She was glowing just like he knew she would... he knew it was no doubt that she'd win this thing. He watched her intently with praying hands as he felt that familiar feeling in his stomach again. Every day she surprised him with how amazing she was, never failing to surprise him with her talent.

"Turn the beat around (ooooh)
Love to hear percussion ( got to here it)
Turn it upside down ( yeah yeah)
Love to hear percussion (my my my my my)
Turn the beat around ( turn it around yeah)
Love to hear percussion ( love to hear it yeah)
Turn it upside down ( hey hey hey hey hey)
Love to hear percussion ( got got got to hear the beat )" the girls continued to sing the song out as Bobby and his team clicked their drinks on the balcony in celebration.

" We found the next big thing! " he hollered as he downed his drink.

Delilah smiled brightly as she sang.

" I'm talking 'bout the beat talking ' bout the beat
turn the beat around yeah
keep rolling keep rolling keep moving moving yeah
woah woah ."

"Turn the beat around
Love to hear percussion
Turn it upside down
Love to hear percussion. ( got got got to hear it )."

" My my my my my yeah." She finished earning the loudest applause of that entire night. The girls rushed off stage and hugged each other tightly as they rambled and spilled out all their crazy thoughts that went through their head in excitement and disbelief until Delilah's eyes spotted Raheem.

Michael nearby attempted to approach her then but without even noticing his presence Delilah ran into Raheem's arms causing him to spin her around excitedly and once he pulled her down to the floor he lost control over himself... he kissed her.

Delilah froze before her hand pressed away causing him to pull away with closed eyes and a racing heart.

He opened his eyes to see Delilah staring back at him with an unreadable expression.

He couldn't believe he did that. Now he had to tell her exactly how he felt.

Michael drew back at the sight, coming to the conclusion that he was too late. He gave a forced closed-lipped smile for he was proud of her furthermore.

Before Delilah could react Dj Pakoussa announced that the winner would soon be called.

Michael met back with the ecstatic Bobby who went through the list crossing multiple girls out.

The Dj decided to play a song in the meantime to give the judges some time to decide.

Things were still awkwardly silent between Delilah, Raheem, and the girls. Delilah eyed him while Valentina cleared her throat - grabbing two glasses of champagne that the waiter was passing on the tray before both her and Alyssa took a big swig and sighed.

In Bobby's office, everyone gathered around. " The last chick Delilah Smith outshined each and every one of them." Bobby stated causing all to agree as he rambled on. " I mean did you see those men in the crowd practically drooling over her sex appeal? ... over her mad crazy fucking sex appeal."

" Right you wouldn't even guess that she's a preacher's daughter," Randy smirked as he nudged Michael playfully.

" Come again excuse me? Preacher's daughter?" Bobby sighed as he lit a cigar. " I'm gonna have to drop her then."

" What?" Both Michael and Randy exclaimed causing Bobby to dismiss his four guards before he looked at the two Jackson brothers.

" Look she was amazing, yes, but I can't do church girls, especially preachers' daughters."

" But why not? Riva Love was a church girl and I'm sorry to mention this, but Donna Summer was one. And despite your relations with her she along with Riva Love are some of thee... best female artists out there." Michael stressed as he eyeballed the smoke Bobby blew into the atmosphere." I thought you wanted the next big thing and Del- she is your next big star."

Bobby shook his head as he crossed her out and stood. " Look I said I wanted something different... I thought she was but clearly I was wrong."

" No she is different I see it."

" Michael I'm telling you I don't have time for this because with preachers' daughters comes a fucking holy stick up his ass mother... fucking... preacher, judging and restricting their precious baby girls from nearly any and everything. I'm trying to expand LLR at warp speed, not at sloth. Delilah Smith was good... great I tell you that... In fact, I remember that broad from my holy visit on Easter ... I'll give her a decent check for the heck of it, but I have to drop her."

The drum rolling had counted the seconds before the winner was announced and Delilah held Alyssa and Valentina's hands tight in their booth, anticipating Pakoussa's words until.

" Keisha Willams!"

" The fuck did he just say?" Valentina scoffed as the confetti fell upon the entire dance floor and Keisha squealed in excitement. Delilah felt her shoulders sink in defeat, watching as Pakoussa crowned Keisha.

Delilah shook her head as she tried to keep her composer. " Come on les go." her voice cracked as she swiftly stood and made her way towards the exit.

...

The subway ride was silent between them and as well as the cab ride home.

They walked up the concrete stairs and Delilah stopped .

" Y'all still sluggin' at my place tonight?" Valentina asked causing Delilah to simply nod although all she wanted right now was to be alone.

" Go ahead though I gotta get some clothes... Alyssa–"

" I'll just wear her shit." she chuckled, stopping when noticing Delilah's emotionless face.

Delilah waited until they were gone to turn her attention to Raheem.

" Look Delilah I have to tell you - " Raheem attempted to confess but the force of Delilah's slap stopped him.

He stood there holding his stinging cheek in shock and slight embarrassment.

" What the fuck is wrong with you Raheem?" Delilah continued to glare at him with wide eyes for answers, he peered into her eyes.

" I deserve that I do... I should've never pushed up on you like that, but hear me out because God knows how bad I've been suffering."

" Raheem-"

" I love you, Delilah... I love you so much it hurts some times when I have to suffer in silence. I'm in love with you Honey."

" Raheem- I"

" And i–if you would just give me a chance I'll show you that I can love you to the moon and back. You make me tongue-tied at the very sight of you, the mention of your name makes me break a sweat. The feeling you give me when you sing is beyond words."

" Heem"

" Please I'm begging you just let me love you —"

" Raheem!" her voice rose a bit.

" Delilah I love you so much it kills me!"

" I don't love you!" she hollered, pushing her finger against his forehead harshly causing him to stumble back.

She paused- shocked at her actions as she noticed his eyes glistening with tears before they fell."I - I mean I do love you, but not in that way, I'm not— I'm not in love with you... we're best friends Heem c'mon." she placed her hand on her forehead in disbelief. She looked over to him as she noticed him backing away.

"Raheem... Raheem where you going? You can't make me love you if I don't —Raheem! " she called for him, watching him disappear in the darkness with tear-filled eyes.

...

Damon wheezed as he stopped his running, searching his pockets to throw he gun in the river but then he realized—

" Oh shit..."

" Where the hell is he?" Fernando hollered at the sight of his now late cousin.

" We lost him."

" You what?"

" But we found this." one of them butted in, revealing the gun with the circular symbol carved into it. Fernando's jaw clenched as he glanced back up towards them with a deadly hint in his eyes.

...

The night was rolling around midnight and Man Killa had just came back to Sincere's door. She rang the doorbell and put on her best poker face although the very sight of him made her sick now.

He opened the door. " You're back?"

" Well I realized that I forgot something." she lied as she walked in behind him, her eyes roaming as she discreetly searched for his jacket.

" I was just in the middle of making a midnight snack, want anything?"

" Yeah whatever you're having and a water." Killa nodded.

" It's funny I'm making you food now." He smirked.
" I remembered you said that you was go cook for me."

Man Killa eyed him before responding. " That was a long ass time ago... only person I'm cooking for now is my man." she said causing him to chuckle as he made his way around the corner.

" Your man that's right." he was heard as she then rushed over to his jacket and searched his pockets hastily for the walkie talkie, pausing once she felt that it wasn't there.

" You do realize that I'm the one that taught you the whole walkie talkie trick right?" Sincere said leaning against the edge of the doorway as he held the walkie talkie. " You always get over with other people but you were never good with plotting on me."

Killa cursed under her breath before she turned and flashed him the hardest mug. " And you were never good at being loyal so I guess shit don't change."

Sincere smirked. " I don't have to explain myself to you ... Ghost don't give a damn about none of us honestly only Bullseye. And that's why we're coming for the boy."

" You're not gonna touch him."

" Or what? I'm gonna be another man on your list?"

" You just might be if you hurt him."

Sincere chuckled as he shook his head. " The best thing for you to do is back away from this... I would hate to see how Shank would react if he found out what really happened to your baby— or should I say our baby."

A/N

I worked too hard on these characters, thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.9K 2.5K 38
MJAwards 2020 Winner! FINISHED!! {Jackson 5 - The Jackson's Era} "But do you... love me? And not like how you love your fans Michael; I mean... how...
5.5K 131 3
"True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes." After the death of Romana's mother in a devastating house f...
19.1K 332 13
Λšΰ­¨πŸŽžοΈΰ­§β‹†ο½‘ Michael x reader Λšΰ­¨β˜ŽοΈΰ­§β‹†ο½‘ I update whenever I can Λšΰ­¨πŸ§Έΰ­§β‹†ο½‘ Comments are deeply appreciated Λšΰ­¨πŸŽ¬ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘ requests: closed
13.8K 549 14
[MJFAs 2019 Winner - Best Short Story] The fourth day of the week. The day before Friday. Just any other day. But to Valerie, it's everything. It's...