Changing For Us (Book 3/3)

By SabrinaSpicer7

The final book of the changing series is set 3 years ahead. Kellina and Zoe have come back from travelling a... More

A.
C.
D.
E.
F.
G.
H.
I.
J.
K.
L.
M.
N.
O.
P.
Q.
R.
S.
T.
U.
V.
W.
X.
Y.
Z.
Authors Note
Important A/N

B.

2.3K 102 6
By SabrinaSpicer7

Ashley's P.O.V

"Do you wanna head out early? Zoe told me you have your finals coming up," Kellina asked grabbing a couple of glasses from me.

"You'd be a life saver, I have so much to study,"

"Have the rest of the week off I'll still pay you just take the time to study,"

"Wow being engaged has really made you sweet," I joked causing her to laugh.

"I can revoke my offer."

"No no I'll take it," I laughed embracing her in a hug which I knew she didn't like. "Thank you,"

"Never do that again," she laughed pushing me away from her.

"Can't promise anything," I laughed back. I headed out the back and grabbed my bag.

"Leaving early?" Mani asked clearing out the dishwasher.

"Yeah I'll see you when I'm in next," he nodded before getting back to what he was doing. I was about to walk out the door when I bumped into someone.

"God sorry," I mumbled. I looked up and noticed her dark brown eyes looking straight at me.

"Lilli," I spoke awkwardly.

"Ash," she replied with a small smile.

"Can you get out of the way?" A man asked rudely. I stepped outside and allowed him to go past me.

"How rude," I mumbled.

"I guess you'd get them all the time?"

"Literally," I sighed. "What uh what brings you here?" I asked.

"I have a case tomorrow for a company being sued for providing misleading promotional sales,"

"For or against?"

"Obviously for the suing,"

"Uh cool,"

"You know we haven't talked since your trial," Lilliana shifted her weight from side to side.

"Uh yeah I've been really busy-"

"Oh me too you know work and stuff,"

"Yeah me too," I replied awkwardly. It was awkward between us. It has been since the trial.

"Have you told Zoe yet about the trial?"

"Uh no and I'd prefer if we didn't tell her because I promised I'd never drink drive,"

"You're lucky we won the case and you only had a hundred dollar fine,"

"Yeah uh thank you for that," I replied scratching the back of my head. I wasn't going to tell Zoe about my trial because I knew she'd be mad at me. I also knew it would mean I'd have to tell her everything that happened in that week and I don't think I want to talk about it. It was all so confusing.

"How's things with Blane?" I blinked out of my thoughts looking back into her brown eyes.

"Yeah were good,"

"That's good,"

"How's your dating life?" I asked.

"Non existent at this point,"

"Well I Uh I have to go study for my finals,"

"Good luck I know you'll pass, then I can officially call you Doctor Ashley Lewis,"

"I wouldn't be a proper doctor just a marine biologist,"

"Still you're completing a phd that's a long time,"

"Yeah well thanks," I smiled awkwardly.

"I'll see you around?" She asked, moving towards the door.

"Yeah I'll see you around," I nodded before we both parted ways. I let out a big sigh I didn't know I was holding in. Why did it have to be so awkward between us?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jamie's P.O.V

"Rory," I smiled, opening the door and giving him a hug.

"I missed you at work today," he sighed, kissing my cheek.

"I know I had to study for my preparation exam coming up,"

"You'll pass with flying colours," he smiled, his sky blue eyes finding mine.

"Kellina is here if that's okay?" I asked nervously. I was nervous for Rory to meet Kellina because I knew she was intimidating and that Rory was really shy.

"Yeah of course," he smiled, his cheeks reddening slightly.

"I think she's up stairs but she'll probably come down soon,"

"Is she still giving you this house and moving into a new one with Zoe?"

"Yeah I told her I could save for a new house but she insisted,"

"Does that mean maybe we could see a lot more of each other?" He asked nervously. I couldn't help but smile at the butterflies that erupted in my stomach. We had been dating for a couple of years now and the thought of him living under the same roof as me warmed my heart.

"Possibly," I smiled, hearing footsteps coming down the stairs.

"You must be Rory," Kellina walked over to us with a soft smile. I was surprised she was smiling. I thought she would've greeted him with a stone cold glare.

"Yes I'm Rory," he stuttered shaking her hand.

"No need to be nervous you make my sister happy so I already approve," she replied simply, wrapping her arm around me. I decided to keep my hair short because otherwise Kellina and I look exceptionally the same except our body types. She was lean and muscly and I was I guess squishy.

"So Zoe's coming over soon for dinner and it's on me so what am I cooking?" Kellina asked.

"Maybe we should have like pasta and stuff?" I offered looking between the two.

"I can help boil the pasta?" Rory offered.

"I like him," Kellina whispered in my ear before making her way over to the kitchen. Rory pecked my lips before following her. I sighed and watched as they both slipped aprons on. Rory Really did make me happy. He made me realise that you can open up to someone and you can move past the troubled times. Rory was abused by his father as a kid and it happened until he was eighteen and he moved out. I met him at our work where we help kids, teens and adults who have or are going through abuse or violence to get back on track. It was like an instant connection between us. I still haven't told him every little detail about what happened but he knows most of it and he continued to be with me.

"Hey Jamie," I turned around and smiled at Zoe who walked in with her business attire on.

"Hey,"

"Good evening sexy," Kellina smirked, making her way over to her.

"I love it when you cook," Zoe smiled as they shared a kiss.

"You love it when I do a lot of things," I heard Kellina say.

"Zoe this is Rory my boyfriend," I introduced awkwardly after Kellinas comment.

"It's nice to meet you Rory," Zoe smiled embracing him in a hug.

"You too," he replied.

"Now Rory and I are about to cook up a storm," Kellina clapped as she made her way back behind the counter.

"What's on the menu?" Zoe asked stealing a tomato.

"Pasta and lots of pasta but if you keep eating the tomatoes we won't have any for the pasta," Kellina scolded, slapping her hand away.

"Okay I'm going to shower then,"

"Alright love," Kellina called beginning to make the pasta from scratch. I made my way over to the bench and watched as she prepares the pasta.

"Are you using dads recipe?"

"Sure am,"

"Was your dad a cook?" Rory asked chopping the salad.

"He was a man of many trades," Kellina started.

"He loved cooking but he was more of a baker then a chef," I finished.

"Were you two close with him?" Today asked again.

"I was but I think Kellina was closer to mum,"

"We all know you were dads favourite," Kellina laughed, kneading the dough.

"Was I though cause he always gave Klara the extra berliner,"

"A what?"

"It's like a jam donut it's German,"

"Oh right," he laughed.

"Remember when dad used to brim us all home a different sweet from the bakery before he died?" Kellina asked laughing at the memory.

"We would always swap sweets because he couldn't tell us apart," I laughed remembering how he always confused us.

"I think the only one who didn't confuse us was Klara," Kellina sighed.

"I miss her,"

"Me too," she sighed. I had told Rory what happened to Klara and he was aware that she had dated Ashley. I told him that it was best not to bring her up in conversations because it's a soft spot for us all. Even though it had been a few years we still missed her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 16 35
After two years Reese had to went back to her hometown and start all over again at her old school in the middle of the year with secrets underneath h...
10.2K 499 17
Kyla and Holly are not meant to know each other, not meant to know the other ones secrets, not meant to be dating. Yet they do. The two girls have be...
3.8K 182 32
BEING REWRITTEN. read final chapter for details.
336K 9.7K 50
Claire Michaels is the bad girl and the heartbreaker of the school. She has slept with most of the girls in the school and fights a lot. She swears t...