Life is Liz (LiL, #1)

By Katharina_Rose

"Really perfection is only just impossibility." ~~~~ Sometimes I'm happ... More

Part1: The one week agreement
Chapter 1: Breakdowns
Chapter 2: Talks With Your Best Friend
Chapter 3: Awkward Moments, Football And Ryan
Chapter 4: Guys, Games And Jackets
Chapter 6: After Effects
Chapter 7: Let The Agreement Begin
Chapter 8: Summer Memories And A Date?
Chapter 9: The Pact
Chapter 10: Part 1: Hatred
Chapter 10: Part 2: Teaching Sessions
Chapter 11: Late Night Activities
Chapter 10.5-11: Ryan's POV
Chapter 12: Weird Fights, 'Dancing' And Interference
Chapter 13: Story Time
Chapter 14: Helper Syndrom
Chapter 15: Part 1: Cookies, Pizza and Taylor Swift
Chapter 15: Part 2: Guilty As Charged
Chapter 16: The Bus Incident
Chapter 17: Fights
Chapter 18: Speeches
Chapter 19: Phone Calls
Chapter 20: Andromeda
Chapter 21: The Breakfast Club
Chapter 22: Aftermath
Chapter 23: Air
Part 2: Revelations
Chapter 24: Practice
Chapter 25: People Are Idiots
Chapter 26: Grow A Pair
Chapter 27: Milk And Freedom
Chapter 28: A Secret Confession?
Chapter 29: Eugene's Ass
Chapter 30: Ant-Man
Chapter 31: Crazy Bitch
Chapter 32: Unfairness
Chapter 33: Queen Elizabeth
Chapter 34: Part 1: Red Roses & Anxiety
Chapter 34: Part 2: Cuddly birds
Chapter 35: A step in the right direction
Chapter 36: Run, Forest, run!
Chapter 37: Dinner with the fam
Chapter 38: On the run
Chapter 39: Popcorn, Vanilla and Handsome Snales
Chapter 40: His Lifeline
Please watch
Chapter 41: Liar
Chapter 42: Not A Flicker Of Light
Chapter 43: Thawed Frost
Chapter 44: Forget Me
Chapter 45: Family Reunions
Chapter 46: Not Good For You
Chapter 47: A Piece of History
Chapter 48: Closer
Chapter 49: Meeting Sam
Chapter 50: Bittersweet
Chapter 51: Life is Liz
Chapter 52: Turning Tables
Chapter 53: Self Medication
Chapter 54: Surprise, Surprise!
Chapter 55: Part 1: First Times
Chapter 55: Part 2: More Firsts
Chapter 56: Food Convos
Chapter 57: I'm Sorry
Chapter 58: Excuses
Chapter 59: Panic
Chapter 60: The Twist In My Story
Chapter 61: Selfish Intentions
Chapter 62: Jersey Jealousy
Chapter 63: Ignorance
Chapter 64: Night After Night
Chapter 65: I Love You Too
Chapter 66: Intricate Thoughts
Chapter 67: Fuck(ed)
The Sequel Is Up

Chapter 5: The Party

331 25 7
By Katharina_Rose

Song to the side is Stay the night by Hayley Williams 

------------->

Check it out while reading this chapter

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy life, because you never know when the party ends for you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't really know how to feel about this. Although I felt a bit ... disappointed? I don't know. I just met Sam and I didn't really know much about him.

"You alright?" Logan asked from behind me. I was still staring at the spot were his truck was parked just a few seconds ago. I nodded slowly. "Yeah I just didn't have the chance to give him his jacket back." "Well I guess you'll see him around then." A small smile lit up my face. I turned around. "You're right." Logan had a confused expression on his face.

He grabbed my hand. "Let's go. We have a party to attend." He smiled and we trotted to his car.

I completely forgot about the party. I forced a smile on my face. "Yay! Party time!" I said enthusiastically and pumped my fist. I actually was in a pretty good mood even with the whole Sam leaving without a word thing, but then....

We were just a few feet away from the car as someone appeared from behind us and ran past me, startling me in the process. My heart raised on full speed. It felt like it wanted to jump out of my chest. I stopped dead in my tracks. I bent forward and rested my hands on my knees. I let out a breath of relieve. It' s okay Liz. Nothing happened. Calm the hell down.

 I focused on my breathing. My vision got blurry as I opened my eyes again, but I kept the tears back. As my heartbeat slowed down again I looked up at Logan. I could see his lips move, but no words came out. 

"I'm sorry what were you saying?" I asked still breathless.

"I was just asking if you are okay." I straitened up and looked up at him.

"Yeah." My voice was shaky. He looked me suspicious up and down.

I started to walk towards the car, but my feet were so weak that Logan had to catch me.

"You sure you are okay?" I nodded and Logan helped me to my feet again.

"Logan I'm good."

"Doesn't seem so good to me." I shook my head and chuckled.

"I'm just a little jumpy that's all." He sighed and turned around to shout a short 'See ya!' to the boys. He then grabbed my arm gently and dragged me to the passenger seat of his car. He opened the door for me and I climbed in. He shut it and walked around the car to get into the drivers seat.

"Okay. Look we don't have to go to that stupid party. I can drive you home and you would get some time to relax."

"No Logan. I'm good." I smiled at him.

He sighed. "Okay." He returned my smile. "But if you change your mind and want to go home we will. Just promise to say something if you are uncomfortable or anything. Okay?"

I nodded and looked out the window as Logan started the car.

\\\\\\\\\\\\

"Hey mysterious girl." Ryan said as he slung an arm over my shoulders. I glared at him.

"Liam can you take him off me?" Before Liam could answer Ryan spoke up.

"Oh come on don't be like that." He leaned in and whispered in my ear.

"Actually when I think about it for a second I love it when you are that feisty." His hand trailed down to my waist. I pushed him away from me. I looked at Liam. Who just laughed at me.

"Thanks for your support. You are such a good friend." I said sarcastically.

"Sorry, but it's just so funny to watch." He chuckled.

"Yeah right." I rolled my eyes.

Logan came back with two drinks in his hands. He smiled at me and handed me one cup. "Here you go." I thanked him and took a swig of my drink. I am not really into alcohol so it actually was some juice.

"What about me Logan? Where's my drink?" Ryan slurred from behind.

"I think you already had enough, buddy." Jack said as he joined our group.

Ryan rolled his eyes. "Fine. Then I'll go get it myself." He started to walk away, but as he wanted to pass Jack. He grabbed Ryan's arm.

"Whoa. I don't think that's such a good idea."

"Come on mom I just had one beer." Ryan wiggled himself out of Jack's grip. "And a few shots." He murmured quietly.

And with that Ryan walked away. He didn't stumble to my surprise.

"Are you enjoying the party so far?" Logan, who was now standing next to me, asked.

I nodded. "Sure." I said with a smile. Although it wasn't quite the truth. I am not really a partying person and I was also a bit distracted by Sam. The conversation we had somehow stuck in my head. I wonder why he left just like that and why he hadn't ask for his jacket back. I mean yes there is a high possibility that I will see him around and all, but ...

I was back to reality when Logan gave me a notch. I smiled at him. He gave me a confused look.

Let's try a change of topic.

"Hey guys, you did great today." I kept smiling. 

"Than-" Jack started but that's when Ryan decided to join us again, a new drink in his hand.

"I know. I was awesome, right mysterious girl?" Ryan was now standing next to me an arm slung around my shoulders.

I groaned. He is so annoying. I ignored Ryan. "Can someone please get him off me?" Before any of them could say or do anything Ryan's grip tightened so I was pressed against his side.

"Oh come on Mysterious girl we both know you don't mean it like that." Ryan said.

I groaned again. "What exactly makes you think that?" I wiggled around and took a step forward so I finally got out of his grip.

"Really? Come on who wouldn't be head over heels with this?" He gestured to himself.

I rolled my eyes and let out a chuckle. "Yeah right. Why can't you just stay away from me?" By now I stood between Jack and Liam.

"You know what? I will leave you alone."

My eyes widened in surprise. "Really?" Well that was easy.

He nodded. "Under one condition." My shoulders slumped down with disappointment.

"And what is that?" I asked suspiciously.

He held one finger up. "One: you are going to spent the whole party by my side." He held another finger up like a peace sign. "And two: you are going to spent the whole next week with me."

"That are two conditions, but I'll skip that seeing you are too wasted to over-think things." He just gave me smirk at that. "So if I'd agree you would leave me alone for the rest of my life?"

He nodded eagerly. "Yes if you are not attracted at me after this week then I will leave you alone unless you don't want to keep in touch." He winked at me. I rolled my eyes.

Honestly I don't have a clue if I should accept the offer or not. I mean it would be really annoying to be with him and all, but on the other hand he would stay away from me. But maybe I would be able to make him leave me alone all by myself? But how? And what if I couldn't?

Then my life would be a living hell 24/7. I looked at Logan and we exchanged glances. He shrugged as if he didn't know either. I sighed.

"Okay." I nodded.

He smirked. "Deal?" He extended his hand for me to shake.

I slipped my hand in his. "Deal."

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

"What is this?" I asked Ryan after he dragged me with him to the bar. I told him that I don't drink, but he handed me a cup anyways.

"Cranberry juice." He stated as he sipped on his drink. I guess it was beer. I nodded suspiciously. "Take a sip."

I never drank cranberry juice before. So I did and it actually tasted pretty good.  Though it was kind of bitter and burned my throat a bit.

Ryan smirked. He grabbed my hand and led us to an empty hallway were a small, old, leather couch was situated. He sat down and patted the space next to him. I also sat down.

"So....?" I rose a brow.

"So tell me something about you." He said as he inched closer on the couch so our knees were touching.

"Whoa you really meant it when you said you wanted to spend time with me." I could handle the week if it stays like that.

"No shit Sherlock." He said in a duh kind of voice.

I chuckled. "What do you want to know?"

"I don't know. Maybe why you didn't catch my eye before?" He winked. I rolled my eyes.

"How should I know maybe, because I'm not like the usual girls you date."

"Whoa whoa whoa hold on. I don't 'date'." He air quoted the word date.

I rolled my eyes. "Right." I sipped on my drink.

"But you're right. I don't think so either." I raised a brow. "I can tell that you are different than other girls." I tried to ignore that statement and looked back to the living room were the party already was in full swing. I could hear the music play and I could see the guys chatting around and there were a few people playing beer pong. 

After a few moments in silence Ryan spoke up again.

"Uhh I know. I know. I know." He said in a childish voice grinning from ear to ear. I snorted.

"What? What is it?" I asked while sipping on my drink.

"Weeeeeeee. Are going to play Never Have I Ever." He said excited. I groaned. Are you kidding me?

"Seriously Ryan?"

He nodded enthusiastically. He took a sip of his drink and placed the cup on the floor. I did the same with mine. I then held up both of my hands, a bit annoyed might I add. He also held up ten fingers. "You go first." He smirked.

"Okay. Erm...never have I ever been wasted."

"Really? Never?" I shook my head. He muttered something under his breath that I couldn't quite catch. I just could here words like: That.... change... Anyways he clapped his hands and put one finger down. And additionally took a sip of his beer.

He looked at the surroundings thinking hard about what to say. Then he spoke up again. "Never have I ever been in a relationship." I rolled my eyes at him. Of course Ryan, the player never had feelings for anyone. Anyways I stared at him not putting a finger down. He raised an eyebrow. 

"What?" I gave him an annoyed look. 

"Nothing. I'm just a bit surprised that's all."

 I chuckled lightly and rolled my eyes. "And why is that?"

 He shrugged. "I dunno. You don't look so bad and you aren't that mean." I chuckled. "So I don't really understand why guys never asked you out and stuff." I tried not to blush at the thought that someone could be attracted to me. After a few seconds Ryan's expression changed and I could literally see how the wheels in his head were turning. 

"Oh I get it now." He smirked. I knitted my eyebrows in confusion. 

"What are you talking about?" 

"Well I think I know the reason why a guy never really came near you." I rose a brow. "It's because you're always spending time with my teammates." 

"And that is bad because...?" I trailed off.

 "The guys are scared, because of them. They think that they don't have a chance. And that if they would try and take it then-" I cut him off.

"Wait. So what you are saying is that I never attracted any guys attention, because of my friends?" He nodded. "Exactly, because they are intimidating them." I rose a brow. "Maybe they aren't even aware of doing it, but think about it yourself. If you're in school you're always surrounded by them. In class, at lunch, every freaking time. And oh..... I forgot to mention that they are jocks. So that's even harder." I rolled my eyes. 

"Did it ever even come to your mind that I don't want to have a boyfriend?" I rose a brow. 

He gave me a weird look. He snorted. "Right. So what do you want then?" He came a bit closer. 

I shrugged. "I don't know. Nothing actually. I don't want anything to change." He came even closer. So that our noses almost touched. This situation was a bit weird and I wanted to pull away, but his green eyes caught my attention. They were ... I don't even know how to describe them. They were just beautiful.

"You sure about that?" He asked quietly. He looked down to my lips and right then my warning bells  started ringing and I was finally able to escape the trance I was in. I pulled away. 

"Yes." He smirked though I could see a hint of disappointment on his face.

"Anyways it's your turn now."

\\\\\\\

A few cranberry juices later I was somehow dancing with Ryan to a remix from thrift shop. Ryan's chest against my back and his hands on my waist.

The whole party was something like a blur to me after I made the deal with Ryan. I hate to admit it, but I actually had fun with him. After we continued to play some more and I watched as Ryan lost at beer pong he somehow convinced me to dance with him. That was an hour or something ago.

The song changed to stay the night and I began to dance, but then froze dead in my tracks as Ryan pushed my hair over my shoulder and onto the other one. So that all of my hair was falling comfortably over my left shoulder. He tucked at the turtle neck and pushed it down. So that my neck was exposed. Suddenly I felt warm lips on my skin. I sucked in a short breath. He started to suck on my skin and the only thought that whirled around in my head was:

That couldn't be true. It would be too unfair. Even for my life.

Before I could push him away while screaming bloody murder. Someone pulled him away from me and I was more than thankful for that action. I sank to the ground and crawled further away from the crowd, but to the far corner of the wall. Thankfully we were just a few feets away from the wall. I pulled my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. As I looked up I saw Logan's fist connecting with Ryan's jaw.

Jere and Tony also came into view. They tried to hold Logan back from Ryan, while Drake and Liam helped Ryan to his feet. Who was way too wasted to even throw a punch.

"Logan, man, calm down." Tony tried to relax him, but Logan just continued to wriggle around to escape.

"No I won't. Let go off me!" Logan yelled his eyes never leaving Ryan.

"Dude what's your problem?!" Ryan yelled over the loud music as he tried to get up.

"You are my damn problem Johnson!" Thank God that most of the people around were to wasted to realize what was happening and just continued dancing and laughing.

"Wait is this about her?!" He pointed a finger at me. Their gazes all turned to my direction except for Ryan's. "She is not your fucking girlfriend! So it's none of your business!"

I had closed my eyes and wrapped my hands around my ears by now. I didn't want to see them. I didn't want to hear them. I didn't want to hear anything and I clearly didn't want to think of anything anymore. Suddenly an arm was wrapped around my shoulder. My eyes popped open ready to attack someone. I was relieved as I saw Tony kneeling in front of me. I will never forget the look he gave me. A look full of worry. Maybe pity too. I don't know.

He took both of my hands away from my ears and took them into his. It was just then that I realized how much my hands shook. How much my whole body shook. I relaxed a little and leaned my head against the wall. I laid a hand on my forehead. One moment later Logan was by my side. He sat next to me on the floor and laid an arm around my shoulders. After a while I relaxed into him and laid my head on his shoulder. Tony went to the kitchen to get me a glass of water and the other guys followed him after Logan waved them away. I bet they are confused as shit. If I were them I clearly would be.

After a view horrible moments of silence in which I had to stop myself to think back. Logan grabbed my hand which was pressed against one of my knees in a death grip. I had to shiver at the contact as his warm hand entwined my cold one. And then he finally spoke up again. "Are you okay?" I nodded. It was half the truth actually. In a sort of way I couldn't describe I was okay. If that makes any sense.

"Do you want to go home?" I nodded again. More than anything. I thought. I somehow couldn't speak right now. It's as if my tongue was glued in it's place. 

He nodded. "Okay." He stood up and held his hands out for me. I took them and got to my feet as well. My knees were really weak and shaky though. So I almost fell back on the ground again if it weren't for Logan of course. He caught me easily as if he was prepared for this to happen.

"Okay we have to find one of the guys who didn't drink and then we are going to drive you home." Logan said while looking out for one of the boys. And just then it came to my mind. Home? No. I was not going to face my parents like this. Because I am pretty sure that Ryan poured something like vodka in my 'cranberry juice'. I should have known he was up to something. Besides how was I supposed to tell them why I am not sleeping over at Logan's.

"No." I finally found my voice again. Which seemed to surprise both of us by the look Logan gave me. 

"No? What do you mean no?" He asked a confused expression on his face. My hands were pressed lightly against his chest, though I could feel his heart beat.

 "Logan please. Can I please just sleep over at yours tonight? I can't do it tonight. I can't pretend that everything is okay. Not now. Not after.... what just happened." I gulped hard trying to not let the memories enter my mind . 

A few seconds later the guys came back to join us. Tony of course with a glass of water in his hands. Wow, four guys went to get a water and came back almost fifteen minutes afterwards. I am thrilled to know what they talked about. Or who. 

Tony handed me the glass and though I wasn't really thirsty I took it and quietly thanked him. I took a sip and watched as Logan debated. He finally sighed and nodded. "Okay." He then turned to his friends. "Guys which one of you is sober?" They looked at each other. I think that means no one. "I think Jack is." Jere piped in. "And where the hell is he?" Logan asked a bit relieved that at least someone wasn't drunk. Again they exchanged glances and looked around.

Then Jack came into view at the bar talking to some red headed  girl. Drake made his way over to him and whispered something into his ear. Jack's smile from before faded and he looked at me in shock. Great. Just great. I thought. I hung my head a bit. They all have to think now that I am some crazy, prude girl. Logan seemed to notice, because he gave my hand a squeeze.

After waving goodbye to the girl they both made their way over to us. "Are you sober?" Jack nodded. "Good." Logan sounded somewhat relieved. "Then you are going to drive me and Liz to my place. Okay?" 

"No prob man." Jack responded as he fished his car keys out of his back pocket.

///////

"Okay here is a shirt and shorts for you to wear." Logan placed them on his bed. I nodded. "I think you know where everything else is." I nodded, grabbed the clothes and went to the bathroom to change. I changed into Logan's comfortable clothes and washed my face until all the mascara was washed away. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I was as pale as the white walls in the bathroom. I opened the door and stepped into Logan's room again. He leaned casually against his closet. His room was a typical boy's room I guess. Dark walls, clothes everywhere on the floor. 

I trotted to the bed and sat down. I just wanted to go to sleep right now. I wanted to forget that this night ever happened.

In the first few weeks after the incident happened I couldn't sleep at night in the dark. I was scared. I was terrified that when I would close my eyes then it would happen again. Though I forced myself  to just shut  my eyes and don't think about it and just try to be normal again. But of course it didn't work out that well. Because I laid in bed for hours, scared to death. And of course I thought about that night, about what happened. Because every time I heard a little noise I would immediately remember the footsteps. When they were coming closer, when that person started running towards me.

But I figured a way out to sleep with no thoughts, to be distracted. And that was falling asleep while watching tv. It was the most comfortable way to get myself to bed. Because before that there was a time were I was afraid of going in my room and sleep.

I laid down on my back so I was now facing the ceiling. "Are you sure you don't want me to-" Logan began as he neared his bed but I cut him off. I grabbed his wrist. 

"Please." I said in a quiet voice. "Don't. I don't want to be alone right now." I whispered. He nodded and sat down. 

"Okay." He whispered. He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. I scouted towards the wall so that he also could lay down. He moved to lie next to me. He slung an arm over my shoulders and I slung my hands over his waist. 

"Do you understand now why I hate party's?" I whispered in the fabric of his PJ shirt. He pressed me gently against his side. He rested his chin down on my head. He didn't answer though. It didn't take long for my eyes to flutter shut. It felt as if it would happen again at that moment at the party.

Oh goodness. At that moment the agreement flashed through my mind.

How will I survive this week?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

I'm so sorry for the long wait. And I won't even try to make excuses.

But anyways chapter 5.

So what do you think about Ryan huh? And what about Logan's protectiveness over Liz?

And what do you think in general?

Please comment/vote?

Hugs and kisses

Kathy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 5.2K 28
I despise socializing with a passion. It's a fact: I'm terrible at it. Like the useless person I am with everything else except for academics. It m...
1K 2 24
"𝑲𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒓 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆." 𝑶𝒏𝒚𝒙 𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑱𝒐𝒉𝒏𝒔𝒐𝒏 doesn't know what it's like to have someone love her. She wants to f...
51.9K 2K 35
The exact words he threw at my face still haunts my dreams every single night and I think I'm starting to believe him. "Wish I've never met you I...
234 1 4
*Full Available on Amazon and free in Kindle Unlimited. Also available in Audio.* FINALIST IN THE READER'S FAVOURITE BOOK AWARDS 2018. Sometimes, you...