In the Eyes of the Mermaid...

By sisisummers

A story of you, a newly changed mermaid, crossing paths with BTS while they're on vacation in Jeju, South Kor... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 26

15.3K 628 302
By sisisummers

"Grouchy old hag..." you grumbled to yourself, kicking up rocks along the sidewalk.

You were on your way to the souvenir shop in hopes of reconciling with Soon-ja. Despite the fact your chances seemed bleak.

God that woman can hold a grudge...

After you had woke up to the note from Tae, you had no idea what to do with yourself.

Your usual routine of working at the shop and swimming in the ocean kept you pretty busy most of the time, never having much time to get bored.

But now you had neither, and the lack of things to do was making you go stir-crazy.

You sent a quick text to Taehyung that you had gotten his note, and that you miss him. All the gross lovey-dovey type stuff you might usually text to your boyfriend.

Except...

Was he your boyfriend?

What even are we...

I mean you've never actually talked about that. He kind of just started calling you Jagiya and that was that.

Just another uncomfortable thing to put on my to-do list....

You made your way down the path to the shop, the big closed sign in the window catching your eye before you could even get close to the door.

Closed?

But she never closes this early....

The old hag would show up to work with a broken hip if it meant extra money....

You walked up to the door, peering inside curiously, looking to see if the staff room light was on. At least some indication of life inside the old store.

Nothing...

Where the hell is she? 

You pulled your phone out of your pocket, taking a deep breath before dialing Soon-ja's home phone number.

Ring

Ring

Ring

....

"This is Soon-ja, I'm not available to receive your call, please leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Unless this is Y/N and in that case BUGGER OFF!"

...

BEEP

You ended the call, resisting the urge to throw your phone to the pavement.

"What a petty old woman" you groaned in disbelief.

As if she just changed her answering machine just to insult me.

You mentally wracked your brain in hopes of remembering where she lived. At least if she saw you it would give you time to try and explain...

If she didn't answer the door you could just... yell?

After a few minutes of thinking her address still wasn't coming to you, the frustration making you turn back towards the direction of your home instead.

On the way back you received a message from Jimin, a picture of him and the boys along with one of his typical bubbly messages.

[10:36] Jimin sent a photo

[10:37] Jimin: Hey Y/N! Look where we are!!! Oh my god I wish you could see this!!!

[10:38] Jimin: lol wait you're a <you know what> hehe, you've probably seen it 1000000 times!

[10:38] Jimin: It's sooooooooo cool 🤪

You laughed at his cute messages, typing back a quick reply.

[10:46] Y/N: Super cool Jiminie! Thanks for the photo!

You shoved your phone back into your pocket, trudging back home feeling slightly less agitated than when you first left the shop.

When you finally reached the path to your home you noticed a note taped to the front of your door.

"I swear to god if this is from Soon-ja...."

You jogged up, tearing the paper away so you could examine what was written there.

~

Y/N,

I never knew about happiness;
I didn't think dreams came true;
I couldn't really believe in love,
Until I finally met you.

Meet me at 6:00 at the side of the hotel, near the magnolia tree, where no one will see us.

I have a surprise for you.

Love,

Kim Taehyung

~

Wow...

I didn't know Taehyung was so romantic..

Why didn't he just text me?

The confusion swarming your thoughts only lasted a moment before the excitement kicked in.

The thought of Taehyung having planned yet another romantic evening making you turn all bubbly and giggly.

You rushed inside to start getting ready, despite the fact it was still 11:30am.

Luckily the walk to and from the souvenir shop took up most of your morning which only left you with 5 hours to sort yourself out.

That should give me enough time, right?

You grabbed a romance novel off your dusty bookshelf, deciding an hour long relaxing bubble bath with your moon pool water was just the thing you needed to prepare.

You enjoyed every second of it, even though you were getting a little antsy towards the end, just dying for time to move faster.

After you finished in the bath you went downstairs to get a snack and some coffee, which turned into cleaning the house.

You could have sworn you'd never been this much of a neat-freak before... was this just a new form of killing time now?

Oh dear god, what have I turned into...

The strong smell of bleach left fuming through your now spotless apartment making you decide to crack open the patio doors.

Your part of the island was incredibly safe, so leaving it like this didn't worry you in the slightest.

It was now 3:30, leaving you just an hour and a half to do your hair, makeup and the ungodly task of trying to find something to wear.

In the end you had chosen a baby blue skater dress with adorable puffed sleeves and white pearl buttons.

This kind of a dress would usually make you cringe but the love-endorphins flooding your brain were apparently twisting your usual sense of fashion and well... reality too for that matter.

You skipped over to examine yourself in the mirror, doing a vomit-inducing turn to make your dress flare out elegantly.

Perfect!

Finishing just in time, you made your way downstairs and out the door to climb into the taxi waiting out front.

Thankfully you had remembered to book it while you were taking your sweet time getting organized.

You sent a quick text to Taehyung that you were on your way, realizing he hadn't messaged your text from earlier this morning.

So he's ignoring my texts and writing a letter instead?

He's definitely trying to build up tension before my surprise!

God help me I'm actually swooning...

You smiled wildly to yourself the whole way there, gazing out the window at the sun setting in the distance.

By the time you had arrived at the hotel the sun had gone down and it was already dark out.

You paid the fare and hopped out of the taxi, immediately noting the lack of staff in the entrance.

Strange..

Without another thought you turned on your heels towards the direction Taehyung had written on his note.

You practically skipped there, grasping the note in your hand as you made your way to the meeting spot.

Turning the corner towards the magnolia tree you were forced to climb over the overgrown bushes blocking your path.

You hadn't come this way in ages and it seemed like no one else had either.

A few scratches from branches later you made it, searching around for any sign of Taehyung.

"Tae?" You called out, squinting your eyes through the darkness trying to get a good look.

"Tae are you th-"

Your words were cut off suddenly as you felt arms wrap around your body.

At first you smiled, Taehyung's hug making your heart swell.

But the arms kept getting tighter and tighter and.... it was starting to hurt.

"Taehy-"

A hand abruptly covered your mouth, forcing you into silence and stopping you from saying another word.

You flailed, trying to pry yourself to freedom, kicking and fighting against whoever it was that had a hold of you.

It definitely wasn't Taehyung.

The panic settled into you, adrenaline coursing through your veins, causing you to fight back harder against your attacker.

Just as you thought you had a chance to break free, a smell registered to you, something sweet mixed with chemicals.

That was when you felt the cloth being pressed against your mouth.

You felt your body go limp as blackness started to cloud your vision.

Your eyes growing heavy, and your head spinning out of control.

And then...

Nothing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 1.6K 54
[COMPLETED] ***READ THE NON-KPOP VERSION OF THIS STORY @atlas_carter*** "H-Hey! Watch it! I don't want to walk around half naked in public...
8.3K 659 53
'Were you close to him?' Close wasn't even the way to describe it. Ever since I moved here, I had been completely infatuated with Jimin - now look at...
46.3K 2.6K 151
"You motherf*cker, I think you broke my nose." "I can break a lot more than that if you'd like," Jimin replies, preparing to stand. ~~~ Jimin left Ea...
8.7K 202 21
You are the adoptive sister of a k-pop idol Kim Taehyung from the biggest boy band BTS and he loves you more than his life. What will happen when you...