Shattered Pasts (on hold) nee...

By EwinHuadHippo

More

Partners
Jerk
Sherlock
Forgotton
Dry Shampoo
Bea
Antiseptic
Bear Hug
Help
Jack Daniels
The Chain
Thor
My forest
Scouts Honour
Our Place
Mr Cutie
Coffee
Rainbow cake
Ice
Tears
Agreement
Chinese
Strawberries
Chloe
Paint
Punch
Aunt Lily
Deep shit
Broken
Awkward
Hospital
Forgiven
Sleeping bags
Cold water
Starbursts
Circus
The Clown
Boobie
Stars
Nightmares
Hot
Mountain
Marshmallows
Tear Trails
Awake
A/N- Sorry guys :(
Dare
Tuna melt
Sorry A/N

Last Day

84 9 9
By EwinHuadHippo

River's p.o.v

"Why do you have such a huge grin on your face? It looks creepy." Shadow says as we walk into the school building.

"Because it's the last day of school! I never have to come back to this place ever again! Well, except for results day. But soon I'll be at uni and that will be amazing!" I say cheerily.

"That doesn't really explain why you hate school so much." He says.

I sigh. "I didn't hate it before. But I guess it's just not the same without Bea."

He puts his arm around my shoulder. "But you still have me, right?"

I shrug away from him when I reach my locker. "Is that a good thing?"

Shadow crosses his arms and tries to look hurt. "Of course it's good! You're friends with the hottest guy in the school!"

I fake gasp. "Really! Where is he!" I look around.

He walks closer so that there is hardly any space between us. I can feel his breath on my neck. "You're looking at him right now." He whispers.

I can feel my heart racing inside me. Wait...why is it doing that? I look up into Shadow's eyes. He is staring at me with amusement. My eyes trail down until they focus on his lips. Hang on a minute...why am I looking at his lips! I shake my head to clear my thoughts.

I try to compose my self. Straightening up, I say, "Sorry Shadow, I still can't see him."

He chuckles and takes a step back. "I think you're lying." He says cheekily before he accidentally bumps into one of Chloe's minions, she gives him a flirty smile but he just ignores her and carries on walking. I feel the urge to laugh but then people will just stare at me like I'm mad. Chloe's minion turns and glares at me. I roll my eyes and turn away. Jealous freak.

I don't get it, everyone knows me and Shadow are just friends, but then every girl has to stare at me like I murder puppies!

"Girls like her are starting to bug me!" Shadow says in a loud whisper so that the minion can him.

She whips her head round with a supposedly 'vicious' look on it. She just look like she has eaten something really sour. Or perhaps she is severely constipated? Or both?

Shadow wraps his arm around my shoulder and I turn to him, slightly confused at his strange behaviour. Where has this hugging come from?

He must of noticed my expression, because he quickly drops his arm and his cheeks tinge red.

"Aww! Is little Shadow blushing?" I say and pinch his face, which is now even redder. He is so easy to wind up. Aww.

"Stop feeling up my face, you strange girl!" He says and bats my hands away. I laugh at him and we exchange a happy look.

I wish that I had Bea here with me. We always dreamed about our last day of school. The grande finale. We were going to pull a massive prank on the school, maybe put all the chairs and desks in the main field. Or cover the quad with marbles. It would of been so fun. But I haven't had time to plan anything, so I guess nothing is going to happen. She is missing so much.

"Hey. Where did the smiley face go?" Shadow asks at my obvious change of mood.

"Bea should be here. We were going to leave the school in epic style." I reply sadly, with a small rise of my shoulders. "But, she's there and I'm here."

"I know. But don't worry about style." A mischievous glint twinkles in his eyes as he says this. What is he up to?

"What did you do Shadow?" I ask dubiously, do I really want to know?

"I got it covered. Don't worry." He smiles evilly then stretches in a nonchalant manner.

"Shadow.... Tell me!" I whine. I wanna know! I hate surprises! They are too... surprising!

"Nope."

"Shadow...."

"No. How can I tell you when I'm not doing anything? I'm just gonna enjoy my final day of school, whatever it throws at me." He avoids my stare and laughs knowingly.

"You're not doing anything....." I say and nod sarcastically. Then I think of something. Oh God... He hasn't... "Please don't tell me Will and Alec have something to do with this."

"Who said anything about them?.... Why would I involve my best mates in the greatest prank of all time.... That is... If I was doing one." He gives me an innocent look and I sigh. Great. Now I have to handle the three amigos all in one day!

.........

Shadows p.o.v

We make it to class and I spot Chloe sitting in Rivers spot again, next to mine. Geesh! Why can't a girl get the idea! I thought that splashing her would get the message across, but clearly it hasn't been effective. Sometimes I feel like chopping her up into tiny pieces and feeding them to alligators!

Okay that sounded major evil.

"Heyyy Shadow!!!" She squeals and I sigh dramatically, making River giggle. I like her laugh, its just such a wonderful sound. I make my way to my seat and River follows. We reach Chloe and she blatantly glares at River before smiling sickeningly at me. Ugh.

"Excuse me River" Chloe says and waves her hand as if sending her away. I scowl at her and wrap my arm around Rivers waist, holding her close. I love holding her like this, it is taking so much not to kiss her right now. But, she can't know that, she has to just think that I am holding so she won't go.

"River would like to stay at her seat. Please fuck off to wherever you sit. This is my last day and I really have had enough of your sluttiness and bitchiness. Go now. Excuse me." I wave my hand at her and push her slightly away from me with that arm that isn't holding River. That felt good.

I get a small round of applause from the rest of the class who are watching intently and I bow theatrically. She opens her mouth in shock and looks like a angry beaver. She sends a look at River and flips her hair over her shoulder, not bitchy at all!

"We all the only reason that you stand up for that little bitch River is because you two are together! Stay away from her she's a fucking whore! I bet she only wants you for the attention, acting all soft and sad."

I glance at River who has a strangely determined look on her face, I thought she would break down at those words. But clearly she has grown as a person, she is stronger.

"Shadow is my friend. Not that you understand that concept. Ever heard of a friend? No, its not those plastics and clones that you surround yourself with. No, its not some girl who's scared to shit of you so will do as you say. Its someone who you trust wholly. Who you put you're life on the line for. Who, no matter how many times you fight, you know will always come back. Shadow is my friend. Bea is my friend." Her voice cracks slightly on Bea's name but she recovers. "I don't need to fuck someone or fuck with their life to give myself hope that somewhere, someone may like me, that I made a small pinprick of a mark on someone's life. But you do. That is why I win. I may not be known by the whole bloody world. But I have friends and people who actually enjoy my company. I am not a burden, as you are. You are nothing. I fucking hate you Chloe. and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. So will you please, fuck off, get out of my seat and leave my friend alone. He is NOT interested. Get it?"

She breathes heavily at the end of her sentence and her hands are shaking slightly from the adrenaline in her. Slowly, people start to clap around her and one or two people start to cheer at her. Chloe is in shock, just staring at her. Slowly, she walks away and is followed by only Vanessa, not all of her bitch crew. Well, I guess Vanessa was a lost cause.

River, says nothing. She walks to her seat and silently sits down. She seems to be overcome with what she just did.

I don't even really care that I was totally just friend zoned.

Rivers p.o.v

Bloody hell, that felt good.

I should of done that years ago. Wow.

I just..... I'm not sure where that came from. But it seemed to of worked. I got my seat. Chloe's gone.

Phew.

"River. That was amazing. Just, amazing." Shadow says and he laughs out loud. He simply laughs. So I start to laugh too. Soon, the whole room is laughing around us and I shake my head in disbelief.

"That was so much fun." I say looking at Shadow. He's changed me. I would never of even dreamt of saying those things to Chloe before. But, he makes me feel more confident. I feel a brief flutter in my stomach when he laughs. What?

"This will be the best day ever, just wait until my little 'prank' happens!" He says and I shake my head at him, just staring. He has a happy glint in his eyes and he looks, amazing.

"All sixth form students please make their way to the main hall for the end of year assembly." The intercom says and I am snapped out of my daze. I stand up and grab my bag, making my way there.

"Lets do this thing." Shadow says and he rubs his hands together in a conspiratorial manner. Whatever he has planned, I wanna know. And I have a feeling I'll find out soon.

We all make our way to the hall and when we reach it, the chairs are all set up neatly in rows. I make my way to the front, but Shadow pulls me back.

"You probably want to sit at the back." Is all he says and I just follow him to the very back. I'm almost certain that this has something to do with this 'plan'.

All the students slowly file in, and I ignore them all but Chloe who stalks in, holding her head high. Whispers start and people point at me and Shadow, obviously talking about my outburst earlier. I'm glad to see that most people seem to be mocking her, on my side, that makes me feel better.

The lights dim and turn to the front, where the stage is. I settle myself and wait for Mrs Kemp, our frumpy old teacher to walk out onto the stage. But, she doesn't.

It certainly isn't her.

Its Will and Alec.

Ah.

I turn to Shadow, but he ignores me and stares straight ahead, silently laughing slightly.

Will and Alec are dressed in old-fashioned teachers robes and both walk with walking sticks. They hobble onto the stage, quite good acting actually and smile at the audience.

"Hello there. I am Mr W and this is my colleague Mr A. We are here as guest speaker for your final assembly. We were only supposed to talk for ten minutes or so. But, we will be taking your assembly as your headteacher has been, somewhat..... delayed." He says in a posh, overly decrepit accent. Delayed....

"Shadow... What did you do????" I whisper furiously at him and he just continues to smile smugly. "Shadow!!!" I repeat again.

"I don't know, but there is a chance that she has found her office in a slightly.... eggy state this morning."

"Shadow! Why...." I start, but am interrupted.

"Shhh! No talking no assembly!" Alec says looking pointedly at me. I glare at him, and the rest of the year turn my way instinctively. I quickly change to an apologetic smile.

"So sorry Mr A." I say through gritted teeth and sarcastically.

Then I hear a rumble. As if many people are running towards our hall. I turn around and look at the door. The noise stops and I glance suspiciously at the two men on the stage. Nobody else seems to of noticed. They seemed to be engaged in whatever crap they are coming out with.

"Would the two at the back like to join us on the stage. I want to use you as an example for my assembly." I stand up and walk towards them, slowly, Shadow following. He seems to know what he doing and so I follow him, trusting him. Although, right now I think something is about to happen. Our classmates eyes follow our movement to the stage as we walk. They don't seem to suspect a thing. Whatever is about to happen, I think it may shock them.

"Okay! Now they are on the stage, lets get started!" Will shouts and he throws off his teachers gown and hat, revealing a very normal Will attire, t-shirt and jeans. So does Alec. What is going on?

Suddenly, Alec grabs a huge water gun from behind him and chucks it at Shadow. He catches it, as if he knew that was going to happen and aims it at the year. Will and Alec grab their own water guns and point them at the year. Everyone stands up and starts to talk and laugh. I look confusedly at the group.

"NOW!" Alec shouts and at least twenty boys run into the room, and start to throw flour at everyone. It chaos! Everyone is screaming, shouting, laughing! I look at Shadow and he simply says,

"Grab a gun."

I do as he says and go back to standing next to him. The guns are heavy, clearly full of water, and huge.

Then. It really starts. Several trolleys is pushed in that is full of water guns and industrial bags full of flour. Some of them are grabbed by the boys and they start to spray water everywhere. The mix of flour and water goes everywhere and the mess is insane. Everyone, is running, laughing, screaming. And nobody gives a fuck! It is the last day of school after all!

"Who the hell are they?" I shout to Will and Alec over the noise, referring to the boys.

"We do have friends!" Alec shouts.

"Other than this dipshit here!" Will says, gesturing at Shadow.

Shadow rolls his eyes and starts to fire his gun all over the hall, letting it fall like rain. The other boys do so too, so I copy and we cover the hall in water. Everyone is screaming and laughing at the cold. The flour and water is given out to everyone and they all start to throw and squirt it at everyone. It has turned into a huge water/flour fight. Its like a wintry wonderland.

Then Mrs Kemp walks in. Everyone immediately starts on her and she runs screaming from the hall, like a snowman.

"I think that's our cue to leave!" Will and Alec shout and they wave to the boys in the room. We all sprint out of the school, running for the car park. We escape the school, all of us and drive to Shadows house.

It is insanity.

And it's a fucking good way of ending the year!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8M 648K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
50K 1.2K 72
Harry Potter x female reader °。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。 Cedric Diggory has a younger sister named Y/n and she's starting her fourth year at Hogwarts. H...
34.1K 2.7K 30
Denique is an innocent virgin girl who met the young don and fell inlove. Read to find out more📚
362K 9.5K 32
Princess Marie, a renowned troublemaker of Paris has entered the Ton. Marriage, children and any prospect of love have always been a 𝘥𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘧...