Necklace of Fate

By Vkkuchaeng

This story is about two women, Lee Chaeyeon and Miyawaki Sakura, who are completely the opposite of each othe... More

The Buds
Unexpected
The Growth
Shouldn't Be
The Long Night
Protected
Is It a Dream?
Candle Scent
Can We Call it as Courtship?
Good Laugh Good Night
Brighter when You're Around

Reverse

226 14 1
By Vkkuchaeng

Chaeyeon quickly closed Hyewon's mouth with her hand not to let her continue what her sentence. Hyewon, who was surprised with the result, kept balancing her gaze between the card and the brunette.

"What? What now? If Chaeyeon doesn't want to know, just tell me then." Yujin was confused at the situation, staring at the shocked Hyewon.

"Ssshhhh." Hyewon gestured Yujin to stop talking. Chaeyeon and Yujin kind of panicked because of Hyewon's behavior. She was already weird, but now she was even weirder and scarier. They stayed silent for a few minutes. Chaeyeon just played with Prost while Yujin was busy with her phone.

"Let's continue the game." Hyewon spoke in a serious tone. So, they continued their game until it was Chaeyeon's turn and she chose dare again. This time Hyewon dared her to wear Hyewon's grandma's necklace. It had a triangle shape, a red triangle. It was attached at a small chain by a kind of steel crown. She dared the brunette to wore it until Hyewon asked the necklace back.

"You gotta be kidding me. What kind of dare is it? Are you trying to frame me as a thief now?" Chaeyeon stared at Hyewon with an annoyed face. Yujin laughed how annoyed was Chaeyeon's look. That reminded her when Chaeyeon stole and ran away with someone else's dog. Chaeyeon wasn't happy with the dare, didn't wear that kind of jewelry. She narrowed her eyes, looking at Hyewon.

"Just wore it. You can hide it in your clothes." Hyewon stood up and approached the brunette, she put the necklace around her neck. Chaeyeon frowned. It was a freaking ridiculous dare. It was easy, but she preferred simple jewelry.

.

.

.

"Chaeyeon, can you bring this to my friend? I can't leave now, she's waiting outside." Minjoo handed a paper bag to Chaeyeon.

"Ah... Alright, But what person? I mean, how will I know that's her?" Chaeyeon scratched her head, grabbing the bag.

"Her car license plate number is 3823. She will be in her car." Minjoo wrote down the car license plate number on small memo before gave it to Chaeyeon.

Chaeyeon walked to the car park. She wasn't aware of the red liquid inside the necklace, which was rotating around the center like a cyclone while she was approaching the car with the right license plate number. She reached the car, she couldn't see inside because of the tint windows. Chaeyeon was confused, there was no response even though she was already standing there. So she tried to knock at the window. Sakura, who was inside the car, was busy talking on the phone and she didn't notice the person standing her car. When she heard the knock, she lowered the window.

Chaeyeon leaned her left arm on the door. "Are you Minjoo-sshi f-" She couldn't finish her question because of the person inside the car. She didn't blink when her eyes fell on the mid-length-haired girl with her small tiny pink lips. She wanted to talk, but her voice wasn't coming out. She stepped back and cleared her throat.

Sakura opened the door and stood up while Chaeyeon moved back again. She didn't want get too close o the blonde, she thought she will scared her. "Y-Yes. I'm Minjoo's friend." Sakura stood there, awkwardly, speaking in a small tone. She stole a glance at the taller girl while she played with her little finger.

"Ah... O-Okay. Here, this." Chaeyeon could feel her blood rushing inside her body, her face became warm and especially her ears. She wasn't bold enough to look at the blonde's eyes, so she just looked at her jaw when she gave her the paper bag.

Sakura moved her hand to take the bag, but her fingers accidentally touch the taller's. They both dropped the paper bag, feeling electricity when their fingers met. Sakura immediately bent down and grabbed it with her left hand, her right hand putting a lock of hair behind her ear. Chaeyeon just stood there, the closeness made her heart stop beating. Sakura raised her head and locked her eyes with the brunette's. At that moment, they were lost in time, losing their mind.

"I-I'm sorry." Chaeyeon blushed hard. She looked away, and she turned around to leave the blonde there. She fought with the butterflies in her stomach. She was going to rush back in the café. But a familiar voice made her stop. "Y-You are Chaeyeon, right?"

Chaeyeon froze for a couple of seconds, she still not turning her back. Chaeyeon smiled unconsciously, Sakura's broken Korean made her name sound more like Jjaeyeon. But she found that the mistake was cute. For the second time, the blonde voice could be heard "Thank you, Chaeyeon." Chaeyeon didn't know how to answer, she felt numb, and it was unbelievable that the blonde knew or at least still remembered her name. She was too shy to turn her body and look at the mid-length-haired girl. She decided to give her a thumb up without looking at her before taking a small running to the café.

Sakura couldn't take her eyes off the brunette who was walking away. She could see Chaeyeon's long straight hair, she was wearing the white t-shirt from her uniform with skinny black jeans. She couldn't understand what just happen, but her heart was crazy. She went in the car and looked into the rear-view mirror to check how red was her face.

"Nooooo." Sakura yelled when she saw her blushing cheeks. She rested her forehead on the car's steering. She closed her eyes, but the vision was so clear in her mind that she still could see the brunette.

"Cute." The grin on her face was unstoppable when she remembered how red the brunette's ears were. But her phone rang, snapping her back to reality.

"Sakura, where are you? Are you near now?" Wonyoung spoke in a worried tone.

"Y-Yeah. I'm on my way. I'll be there before our turn for the presentation." Sakura started the engine and left the place quickly. She forgot that she had to hurry to go back to class when she was with the brunette. The big smile on her face was still there.

.

.

.

"Chae? Are you alright?" Minjoo asked the girl with a worried voice. She had noticed the red face of Chaeyeon. She was about to put her palm on Chaeyeon's forehead to check her temperature.

"Eh, don't. I'm sweating." Chaeyeon quickly held her boss's hand to prevent her from touching her face. "It's okay. I'm fine. I-It's just hot outside." Chaeyeon mumbled, she smiled to her boss, wiping her sweat.

"Really? Are you sure? You don't look well." Minjoo moved closer her face to the latter face, but Chaeyeon looked away. Minjoo was too close for her liking.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just need to go to the restroom" Minjoo frowned and not pleased with the latter answer, but Chaeyeon smiled and showed her a thumb up. She tried to convince her boss and slowly stepped back to walk to the restroom.

.

.

.

Today was Sunday. Chaeyeon got up late and chilled at home with Prost. It had been a few days since the last time Chaeyeon met Sakura, but the latter's face still flashed on her mind. The grin couldn't leave her face whenever she remembered Sakura. Her face, her voice, the way the latter called her name as Jjaeyeon, she couldn't forget a single thing. "Does she really remember my name? Why? Chaeyeon rolled on her bed. The grin on her face was gone, she felt anxious when she thought about the blonde. "She must remember my name because she was afraid of me, like the rest of my schoolmates" Chaeyeon chuckled bitterly.

Chaeyeon decided to go to Baby Paw Shelter with Prost, she had planned to help there, to do everything she could to help and let Prost have fun in the dog's park. They went to Baby Paw Shelter around 2:30 PM. Chaeyeon put Prost on the dog's park, and she went to the shelter's area.

A few hours after, Chaeyeon was done helping the shelter's area. She went back to the dog's park with Leon, the white Shih Tzu she had brought her the last time. They played together in the park with Prost. While they were busy playing fetch, the red liquid inside the necklace moved again. Not long enough after, a blonde mid-length-haired girl walked into the dogs' park. She slowly opened the door that made of wire mesh.

She took out her camera and tried to find a good angle to take a picture. She wasn't ready when all of a sudden, the dogs ran and jumped on her. The hype of the dogs made the skinny girl stumble and fall over the ground. The girl couldn't stop laughing, yelling a little to tell them to stop. She felt tickled when the dogs land a lot of kisses to her. She rolled over and hid her face to avoid extreme kisses from the dogs.

"Hey, look at this" Chaeyeon walked closer to the girl that was surrounded by the dogs, and she showed a ball before throwing all the balls that she was holding. She tried to distract the dogs on the girl. Of course, all the dogs started chasing the balls and left the girl alone except for one pug dog, Prost.

"You okay?" Chaeyeon asked in a worried tone, looking at the girl. She offered her hand to help her to get up. But the brunette froze when she saw the girl turning her body, reaching for her hand. The girl was Miyawaki Sakura.

Sakura thought the voice sounded familiar, but she hadn't look at the other girl's face because she was still sitting. She took the hand, but the girl pulled her hand away and made Sakura fell for the second time.

"Oh, my God. Sorry. My bad. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. I'm really sorry." Chaeyeon was panicking, apologizing again and again when she saw the girl falling on the ground. She felt really bad, but the blonde didn't mind it and just chuckled "It's okay. I can get up alone." Sakura was about to stand up, but Chaeyeon tried to fixed her mistake. She offered her hand again to pull her up. She used too much strength, and that made Sakura stood really close to the brunette. At that moment, Sakura saw who the girl was, it was Lee Chaeyeon. Both of them could feel the warm breath and the soap scent of each other.

"Sorry." The blush could be seen on the brunette's face.

"I'm sorry" The blonde felt the heat rushing through her body, her head was kind of dizzy at the moment.

Both of them stepped back, Sakura quickly hid her face by turning around before wiping the dust on her short. But, Prost jumped on her again, and it surprised the blonde, and she stumbled because of the sudden attack. She would have fallen if a firm grip didn't have hold her arm.

Chaeyeon let go of her when she saw that Sakura found her balance back. She held Prost in a hurry, and for the second times, she tried to distract him.

"Prost, look at me. One... two... Three!" Chaeyeon talked to Prost with a high pitched voice to show excitement. This time she threw Prost's favorite toy, a tug rope and finally, Prost was distracted, and he ran off to catch the rope.

Sakura had a big smile on her face, staring at Chaeyeon who played with the dog. But she quickly looked away when the brunette turned her head to her.

"Y-Your thigh." Chaeyeon half-panicked when she noticed blood on the blonde's thigh. "Hold on" Chaeyeon ran to backpack.

"Eh?" Sakura was confused and surprised. She looked at her own thigh. She realized that there was blood with a scratch.

Chaeyeon ran to the blonde and looked for something on her backpack. She was frustrated because she couldn't find it. So, she took all the thing in her bag out and put in on the ground. Sakura looked at the panicked girl, she saw the blue hoodie, a power bank, a headset, and 2 packs dog and cat foods next to the bag. But Chaeyeon stopped when she found the band-aid and put back all the stuff into her backpack.

"This!" The brunette gave it to the blonde without looking in her eyes, she had no courage.

"N-No, I'm okay." The blonde voice was shaky and barely audible. She cleared her throat before talking again. "Really. It's nothing. I can wipe it with a tissue. It'll heal alone." Sakura spoke with a trembling voice. She didn't know why she refused it, she just couldn't think at all.

"Ah..." Chaeyeon remembered that she forgot to give her a wet tissue to clean the blood. She opened her backpack again and grabbed the wet fabric. For the second time, she gave it without meeting Sakura's eyes and just looked at the mark on the latter's leg.

"No, it's fine-" The blonde's sentence was interrupted when Chaeyeon bent down her knee and decided to take care of the wound. "It will be hurt a little, okay?" Chaeyeon softly spoke, she wiped it with the wet tissue and put the band-aid.

Sakura just stood there, frozen, she couldn't move. She tried not to panic, she covered her face with her hands. She still glanced at the brunette who was focused on the wound.

"Done. It will be infected if you let it be, and the scratch will leave a mark-" Chaeyeon was interrupted by a short Japanese girl while she put the band-aid on Sakura's leg. "Kkura? What happened? Are you crying?" The girl asked in a worried tone.

Chaeyeon stood up and moved back while the blonde did the same, both surprised as if they were being caught for doing something wrong. "No! Nothing happened!" Sakura almost shouted, surprised the other girl. She waved her hand, gesturing that really nothing happened. But the shorter girl didn't believe it, she narrowed her eyes, looking at them. She could sense there was something suspicious between them.

Chaeyeon cleared her throat before talking "My dog, Prost jumped on her and accidentally scratch-" Chaeyeon was interrupted once again by her own dog. Prost showed up, bringing his rope. "Who is this cute wrinkled doggy?" The smaller girl approached Prost, she went down and wanted to play with him. But Prost ignored it and just waited for Chaeyeon to take the rope and play with him. "Sorry, I'll go then." Chaeyeon smiled and looked at the smaller girl. She just stole a glance at Sakura, but their eyes met, and they quickly looked away. Sakura wanted to stop the brunette from leaving, but her voice couldn't come out. She wanted to thank her, but she felt her tongue was numb.

"Kkura! Nako! Chaeyeon!" Hiichan shouted their names loudly and made Chaeyeon stopped in her tracks. She turned her around to look at the voice. Hiichan ran to them while Nako waved at Hiichan.

"Sorry for making you wait so long. It was urgent, so yeah." Hiichan pouted, she felt sorry to make her friends waited for her. "But do you all know each other? I mean, Chaeyeon knows Sakura and Nako?" Hiichan looked at the taller girl, waiting for an answer.

Chaeyeon didn't know how to answer, because, to be honest, she knew Sakura since high school, but she was feeling too awkward to be able to mutter a single word. Sakura also was silent, she didn't know what to say, she kept glancing at the brunette. "We just met here, and Chaeyeon, right? Chaeyeon helped Kkura to put a band-aid." Nako answered Hiichan, pointing the blonde's thigh.

Both Chaeyeon and Sakura sighed in relief because of Nako's helpful answer. "I-I'm sorry. I have to go. Nice to meet y' all." She gave them an awkward smile because currently, she felt like dying of embarrassment. She didn't like talking to strangers. They were not really strangers, but they weren't her friends like Yujin and Hyewon. Moreover, her crush was in front of her. Chaeyeon felt she had a double combo in that situation. She just wanted to excuse herself really quick.

"Hey, Chaeyeon. Let's hang out together. Are you guys okay with that? We can have dinner and watch a movie together." Hiichan looked at Nako and Sakura to make sure they were okay with that. Nako just showed her excitement and said. "Why not? More people, more fun!" She clung into Sakura. Sakura couldn't hide the small grin on her face, and her palms started sweating. What Hiichan said, make her heartbeat rushing.

On the other side, Chaeyeon felt the triple combo anxiety attack. She faked a smile and said. "It's okay. Just go, I have Prost with me. Also, I haven't showered yet. I smell bad. Like really bad. So, I gotta go." Sakura's grin was gone, and she felt her heart being pierced at the moment Chaeyeon refused.

"But we can wait for you. We will drive you home and wait for you, took a shower and get ready. Also, are you forgot your promise? You told me that you were going to treat me if you got a job at the café." Hiichan smirked, looking at Chaeyeon.

"But I have to feed Prost. So-"

"But we can wait for you to feed Prost and after that, you can join us for dinner." Nako added and showed her puppy eyes to Chaeyeon.

"But-" Chaeyeon took a glance at Sakura. She noticed that the blonde didn't look pleased.

++

Hey, it's Nezumi! :D

These two cowards finally talked to each other :P

Thank you all for reading. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Thank you for the subs and the comments, it a great source of motivation :)

Love y'all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 815 30
Many cupid know their ULTIMATE RULE and that is.. NEVER EVER FALL INLOVE WITH A NORMAL PERSON. That's why any cupids can't even say the word "I LOVE...
10.6K 359 33
Although we have finally reunited, it isn't the same anymore... Do you remember me, the moments we spent together, the feelings we've shared? Will yo...
2.5K 256 20
[BOOK 2 OF THE SHARING SERIES]Once, two girls were sharing one life. Their existences turned into one, and as the lines blurred and the beginning of...
74.8K 2.7K 36
A love story of a famous high school couple, Miyawaki Sakura and Lee Chaeyeon. The two love each other dearly however, Sakura suddenly wanted to brea...