Can We Call it as Courtship?

They walked in the park, enjoy the falling night. It was silence, but they didn't mind, it wasn't awkward. There was something in Sakura's mind, something was bothering her.

"Sakuchan?" Chaeyeon finally spoke up, her eyes on Sakura.

"Y-Yeah?" The older woman was startled because of the sudden voice pulling her out of her deep thoughts.

"I know there are a lot of questions in your head right now. I'll try my best to answer them."

Sakura was quiet for a moment, wondering if she should ask if she could ask. Chaeyeon waited patiently, not wanting to rush the other woman.

"It's just... What happened?— It's okay if you don't want to answer. I want to understand so next time I can help you to go through that." She didn't let Chaeyeon speak yet. "I don't know what I could do anyway, but you know, just be there for you." Sakura stopped walking, her heart pounding in her chest. The brunette was still quietly, slowly walking.

I'm such an idiot, she looked a bit better after our talk and I ruin her mood, Sakura thought. She bit her lower lip in silence, deeply regretting her words.

It was silent for a few seconds but it seemed like hours for Sakura. Chaeyeon stopped walking at some point.

She turned around and spoke up "I heard a familiar voice... It said, you will be fine. That nurse..." Chaeyeon shut her mouth for a moment, her head was down. "Her voice reminded me of my mo— nightmare." She looked at Sakura, a smile on her lips. But it wasn't a happy smile, there was a trail of sadness in it. Chaeyeon continued to walk again, the blonde quietly followed her. She felt bad for reminding Chaeyeon about this.

Sakura quickly caught up. She badly wanted to apologize. "Chaeyeon—" The later looked at her and before Sakura could finish her sentence, Chaeyeon interrupted her.

"Sakuchan. Use this." Chaeyeon handed her black hoodie to Sakura. She knew that Sakura was about to apologize. She didn't want to hear that or make Sakura feel bad. When she saw Sakura shivering from the cold, rubbing her arms, Chaeyeon didn't think twice.

"No, it's fine. I'm fine. Keep it, you need—" Before Sakura could speak more, Chaeyeon put in on her, taking care of putting it gently.

"Hands up. You will get sick if you're so stubborn." Chaeyeon smiled her gaze was warm and soft on Sakura.

Was she always this sweet? Sakura wondered. I swear I'm gonna fall for her if she kept acting like this, Sakura thought when she felt sparkle all around her, her face flushing quickly with Chaeyeon's act. Sakura quickly felt that heat on her face and hid in the hoodie.

Chaeyeon realised what she had just done, her heart beating slightly faster in her chest. She looked away, feeling the unusual feeling of her ears reddening.

Sakura quietly cleared her throat. "Chaeyeon, isn't that your former workplace?" She pointed at the convenience store near the hospital.

"Ah... Yeah.."

"I don't know if you still remember but hum... I think I saw you there during our third year in high school. I was here and..... I was... and..." Sakura tried to explain. Chaeyeon couldn't hide her smile, looking at the girl with a soft intensity.

"What? Is there anything on my face?" Sakura's face turned puzzled when she noticed the brunette was staring while smiling at her. She unconsciously reached for her cheek. Chaeyeon let out an amused chuckle because of her behaviour.

"What? Come on, tell me. You make me worried." Sakura playfully hit Chaeyeon's side.

"Okay, okay. You look so cute, becoming so serious to try to remind me. I do remember that day..." Chaeyeon admitted shyly, her ears turning red again.