Shouldn't Be

"Hey, thief!" The taller grinned, greeting Chaeyeon before wrapping one of her arms around Chaeyeon's shoulder. "Who's that girl? Your boss?" The taller added, the grin still on her face.

"Eh? Yujin? What are you doing here?" Chaeyeon was stunned when she saw that the taller girl came to fetch her.

"I asked you something. Who's that pretty girl that you just talked to?" Yujin couldn't help, but she checked out the girl, and she just ignored Chaeyeon's question.

"Stop it. Geez. That's my boss." Chaeyeon felt uncomfortable with the sudden closeness, she needed her personal space. She removed the taller girl's arm and tried to walk faster.

Yujin followed her friend, she smacked Chaeyeon's shoulder. "You are freaking lucky, your boss is a goddess. Let's celebrate with a drink!"

.

.

.

"I can't stay here for too long. Prost waits for me. I need to feed him." Chaeyeon mumbled, grabbing her drink without glancing at Yujin.

"I got fired..." Yujin blurted out, expressionless. She just grabbed the cooked pork belly. Chaeyeon choked on her drink at the news. "What? Why? What happened? How?" She asked quickly.

"Chill. It's nothing. It's fine." The taller girl just kept chewing, her eyes focused on her plate.

"I'm serious, what-" Chaeyeon couldn't finish her sentence because Hyewon showed up and interrupted her. "Ya! How dare you start without me?!" Hyewon sat down, took her chopsticks and grabbed the pork belly.

"Ya ya ya, that's mine" Yujin and Hyewon started a chopsticks fight to try to grab the food. "Yujin, I'm serious. How and why you got fired too? What happened?" Chaeyeon spoke in the worried tone, she felt bad, she wish didn't to be the reason for it.

"I'll tell you if this idiot of Hyewon stops eating my food." Yujin pouted and pointed Hyewon with her chopsticks.

"Hyewon...." Chaeyeon frowned and put her hand on Hyewon shoulder. The latter could feel her friend's seriousness. She just stopped fooling around and ordered her own meat. Yujin chuckled and finally told them why she was fired.

"Why did you defend me?" Chaeyeon spoke in a sigh, her head resting on her palm. But the taller girl just smirked. "I got bored of working there. Your new workplace seems fun. What if I apply there? What do you think? Does your boss still need more staff?"

"Why it looks like you're planning something dirty? Scary indeed." Chaeyeon just pinched her nose bridge. She felt guilty and frustrated at the same time because of her friend's behavior.

.

.

.

The next day, Chaeyeon had decided to help Yujin. She would bring Yujin's CV and planned to give to her boss and talk to her. Chaeyeon just finished work at NB dance academy, and she went to her next job at OTR Café right after. She walked, but something suddenly made her stop in her tracks when she reached the place. Her heart stopped beating for a second when she saw a middle-length-haired girl talking on the phone beside her car. Chaeyeon's eyes widened, she couldn't believe what she saw.

"Why is she here? Is that really her?" Chaeyeon's legs stepped back without her consent. But the girl got into her car and left. "Why on earth was she here? What was she doing here? And why the heck did I froze?" Chaeyeon frowned, rubbing her nose. Finally, she walked into the OTR Café. Chaeyeon smiled and greeted her boss, Minjoo "Good afternoon".