Unexpected

This chapter is rated M for mild violence.

It was around 10 pm, a middle short-haired girl stopped the car on the side of the road in front of a convenience store and asked "Is that really her?" Sakura turned her head and looked at the girl behind her, hoping that she was the one Sakura was looking for all this time. Sakura could feel her palm sweating, and she blinked really fast, nervously. She couldn't see the girl clearly, so she decided to get off her car and waited for the girl to come. The girl kept coming closer to her and Sakura's heartbeats were faster and faster. Sakura stood beside her car and played with her little finger, waiting for the girl to be closer. That girl's figure was similar to the one she was looking for. But once the girl was close enough, Sakura understood it was not her. Sakura frowned and showed disappointment. She sighed and got into her car. "How could I think that I was gonna meet her again? What a fool" Sakura slowly leaned her forehead on the car's steering wheel for a while. After that, Sakura drove home with mixed feelings. She didn't even know what she was actually feeling, it was overwhelming.

.

.

.

.

Today, Chaeyeon was working at her other part-time job. It was at NB Dance Academy. She cleaned the place. It didn't matter to her to have this kind of job as long as she got the wage. She really loved dancing, but she hadn't had a chance to do a dancing class or to join a dance academy like the others. Chaeyeon could learn from watching their practice, or sometimes she used the practice room when it was empty. And that was the reasons why Chaeyeon was working even if the job was just about cleaning.

Today was a good day for Chaeyeon. Why? Because the rest of the students and trainer had schedule outside the academy. That meant she could be free to use the practice room after she was done with her job. "Alright, I'm gonna make it fast! The sooner I finish it, the sooner I can practice." Chaeyeon rolled up her sleeve with a determined face. First, she put the dirty towels into the laundry wash, then, she waited for it to be over and she cleaned the toilet. Chaeyeon picked up the dry towels to fold it, and she thought "This is the last, let's kill it."

After she had done her job, she changed her clothes into training clothes. It was a black crop top and black training pants. She pulled up the pants of her right leg, it was her habit. She turned the music on with her phone and started practicing. She looked happy. The way she moved her body was as good as professional, Chaeyeon was good.

The time passed really quickly. Suddenly, the music stopped, and a Baby shark ringtone was playing instead. Chaeyeon grabbed her towel to wipe her sweat. She rushed to her phone and checked the caller ID. Her eyes widened when she saw "Manager Kim" on the screen. She looked at the clock, and it was 6:20 PM. She should have been at work already. "Damn it. What should I do now? Answer it or not? Or should I lie and say that I'm sick? But if I don't go to work, he won't give me my money. God damn it." She pinched her nose bridge, half-panicked. She didn't know what to do. Answer the call or not? Go to work or not? Lie or not? She calmed herself and breathed, and finally, she decided to answer the phone.

"H-Hello Mr Kim" Chaeyeon answered with trembling voice. She knew she will get scolded this time, she was the one who was wrong after all.

"WHERE ARE YOU CHAEYEON? COME HERE, OR YOU WILL GET FIRED!" Chaeyeon could hear how mad Mr Kim was. He shouted and immediately ended the call. Chaeyeon knew that it was her fault, but she thought that Mr Kim was a bit too aggressive. Shouldn't he ask her why? Instead of just bursting out like that.

"Is he on his period or something?" Chaeyeon mumbled, grabbing her stuff. She rushed out of the building. But it was raining. "For the God sake, is it my worst day?" Chaeyeon couldn't be unluckier. She put her brown backpack above her head and ran towards the bus stop. When she almost reached it, she saw the bus was already coming. She ran with as fast as possible just to get into the bus.