RED | h.p

By lostscarlettsoul

"Nice to meet you, my name is Lily Evans." In which Harry Potter meets Emerald Lilith Evans who seems to be a... More

dedication
zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
part two
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty - seven
twenty - eight
twenty - nine
part three
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty -five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
part four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
an update that is not an update
fifty-nine
sixty
part five
QnA Intermission
sixty-one
HI

thirteen

3.6K 115 82
By lostscarlettsoul

I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER HOW WE GOT HERE. It was all a blur to me. One minute we're mourning Buckbeak, next we're getting attacked by a tree and now? We're standing face-to-face with the fugitive Sirius Black.

"If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us too!" Ron shouts, showing off his Gryffindor bravery.

"No. Only one will die tonight," Black replies and I find it odd how I'm not the slightest bit of scared right now. He escaped Azkaban and got Harry's parents killed yet, I did not feel threatened.

"Then it'll be you!" Harry shouts. Why is everyone shouting?

"Harry no!" Hermione shouts too, now I'm left wondering I should shout too.

But I didn't get a chance to when we heard footsteps. I watched as Black wheels towards the door and I slowly reached for my wand, just in case. My sense of knowing danger might be off but I'm not taking any chances.

"Going to kill me, Harry?" He asks, and I turn my gaze to Harry who's gripping his wand. His hand shaking violently.

"Yes." Harry answered with a tone I was afraid of. He raised his wand but before any spell could be uttered, the door crashes open. It's Professor Lupin. What?

"Professor Lupin!" The trio exclaims while I keep quiet on the sideline from too much confusion. I am only 14 and I will die tonight, anybody else concerned about that?

The Professor ignored our presence and eyed Black with so much intensity but familiarity. He was an old friend, from what I've heard.

"Looking a bit ragged aren't we, Sirius?" Lupin coos. "Finally the skin reflects the madness within."

"You'd know all about the madness within, wouldn't you, Remus?"

I watched the exchange, holding my breath in anticipation for anything that might shock me. I need to be prepared if the two of them decides to fire spells and get me in the middle, or my friends hurt.

But instead, Lupin stepped forward and hugged Black. I almost aw'd at the action but the moment was ruined when Hermione spoke up, so much betrayal in her voice I almost teared up as well.

"No! I trusted you! I covered up for you and all this time you've been his friend!" Hermione points angrily at Lupin. "He's a werewolf! That's why he's been missing classes!"

Now, that, is a plot twist.

"How long have you known?"

"Since Professor Snape set the essay,"

"You're the brightest with of your age I've ever met, Hermione."

I felt my forehead slowly wrinkle. Am I allowed to offended? This is not a competition but I feel like I should be a little hurt.

"Yes, you glow like the sun and you howl at the moon. Enough talk!" I jumped from where I'm standing. "He dies. If you won't do it with me, Remus, I'll do it alone."

Did he just invite our D.A.D.A Professor to murder Harry?

"Wait Remus-"

"I did my waiting!" Sirius cuts him off angrily. "Twelve years of it, in Azkaban! Trust me, you wouldn't have lasted a week!"

Remus eyes Black for a moment before nodding.

"Alright then. As you wish. . ." Lupin muttered.

What is this madness?

"No!" Harry yells. Again.

He raised his own wand but was easily disarmed by Lupin. His gaze burning holes in Black's head as he eyes him murderously.

"You betrayed my parents!" Harry yelled furiously. "You sold them out to Voldemort!"

"It's a lie!" Sirius yells back. "I never would've betrayed your parents!"

"Harry! You've got to listen-"

At this point my eyes are tearing up, hot tears threatening to spill from so much confusion. I want to be scared in the presence of Sirius Black but now our Professor is teaming up with him to kill my friend and I'm just standing in the side like a bloody idiot.

"Did he listen?" Harry asks angrily. "When my mother was dying? Did he hear her screaming?"

"No! I wasn't there and I regret it for the rest of my life!" Black denies.

"Someone else betrayed your parents, Harry." Remus chimes. "Someone in this room right now. Someone who, until quiet recently, I believed to be dead."

"He's as good as dead," Black remarks venomously.

"What are you talking about? There's nobody here." Harry asks.

"Oh yes there is," Black replies. "Come out, come out Peter, come out, come out and play. . ."Peter? As in Peter Pettigrew the man he supposedly murdered?

"You're mad." Ron whispers.

I turned to check Harry and he seems to be looking at Ron, more like at Ron's rat.

"Expelliarmus!"

Everyone turned and I was pleasantly surprised to find Professor Snape of all people to be here. He's standing in the doorway with a smug smile that I didn't quiet like.

"Ah vengeance is sweet," Snape remarks. "How I hoped I'd be the one to catch you."

"Sever-" Lupin didn't get to finish.

"I told Dumbledore you were helping your old friend into the castle and here is the proof," Snape growls. Sending a nasty look at our Professor.

"Brilliant! And- as usual- dead wrong," Black disagrees. "Now give us our wands back. Remus and I have a bit of unfinished business to tend to."

As Black made a move to approach, Snape lifted his wand to dangerously point it at Black's neck.

"Give me a reason. I beg you."

"Don't be a fool, Severus," Lupin warns.

"He can't help it. It's habit by now." Sirius remarks teasingly.

"Quiet, Sirius!" Lupin scolds.

"Listen to you two. Quarreling like an old married couple," Snape cooed. "The creature and the criminal."

It was too much for me to handle. Too much happened in a matter of an hour that I tuned out most of the interaction, trying to decipher the situation hopelessly. I was prepared for anything except for what this will ensue.

Harry fired a spell at Snape. I thought I'll never see the day. I felt a ringing in my ears and my vision got blurry for a fraction of 2 seconds, did I hit my head too hard when we were getting attacked by the Willow?

I was only snapped out of it when both Black and Lupin casted a spell on Ron's rat. Scabbers twists in the air madly and then transformed into a very short man.

"S-Sirius. . . R-Remus. . ." He regards the two adult males wearily. "My old friends!"

No one spoke. We were all too shocked to find out the man responsible for Lily Potter's death was with us the entire time. Disguised as a rat, of all things! I watched his pathetic attempt at escaping, and almost bitterly laughed when he regarded Harry with fearful eyes.

"Harry! Look at you! Y-you look just like your Father." Pettigrew exclaims. "Like James. We were best friends, he and I-"

"Shut up!" Sirius yells with a growl.

"I didn't mean to! The Dark Lord, you have no idea the weapons he possesses!" Pettigrew tried to reason and I shook my head in disapproval, no matter how strong Voldy may be, it's not enough reason to betray friends. "Ask yourself what would you have done!"

"Died! Died rather than betray my friends and you should have realized, Peter, if Voldemort didn't kill you. . .we would."

"No. . .Please. . .You can't. . ." Peter begs, looking around the room.

"Ron! Haven't I been a good friend? A good pet? You won't let them kill me, will you? I was your rat. . ." But all Ron did was step back in disgust, then he turned to Hermione.

"Sweet girl. Clever girl. Surely you won't let them. . ." Hermione shook her head, eyes ignited by anger and betrayal then lastly, his eyes fell on me.

"You look just like Lily," He states in amusement. "Hopefully you have a heart as kind as hers, please. . ." A small part of me felt bad, but remembering the things he did and why he did them, caused me to look away and avert my gaze to the wall.

"No." Harry said sternly.

"Harry, this man, he. . ."

"I know what he is. But we'll take him to the castle."

"Bless you, boy! Bless your-"

"Get off! I said we'd take you to the castle." Harry stated, voice void of emotions. "After that, the Dementors can have you."

Who is this side of Harry Potter?

Note : I know it might seem like Lily never takes anything seriously with how she narrates the events in her mind, but know that that's just how she is. I admit that it might be a bit annoying but hey, we've all been annoying at some point. And don't worry, she won't always be like this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

766K 20.4K 58
"๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐š๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ง๐š ๐๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐๐ง'๐ญ" |a story in which A girl Meets a...
32.8K 1.1K 12
โ”€โ”€ ( ๐–. ๐“. ๐’. ๐€. ๐Ž.๐–. ) โ‹†ยทหš เผ˜ * ๐€ ๐๐ฅ๐š๐ข๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฑ ๐‡๐š๐ซ๐ซ๐ฒ ๐‘๐จ๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž โ€Ž โ€Žโ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Žโ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž in whi...
536K 11.8K 48
๐„๐‚๐’๐“๐€๐’๐˜; Selene Ray was always just the best friend to Lily Evans to James Potter. The bespectacled boy had always thought he only had eyes fo...
404K 15.3K 103
โIt's a lovely day outside, Potter, maybe you should go and enjoy it? โž โI was going to but then you came inside and it got a whole lot lovelier in...