In the Eyes of the Mermaid...

By sisisummers

A story of you, a newly changed mermaid, crossing paths with BTS while they're on vacation in Jeju, South Kor... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 24

17.5K 765 606
By sisisummers

You were sat in the living room surrounded by all the boys, feeling slightly self-conscious since you hadn't been given the time to do your hair or makeup.

Wrapped in a fuzzy blanket on the sofa next to Taehyung, you looked out at the shocked faces of Jin, Hoseok, Namjoon, Yoongi and Jungkook.

Jimin was sitting cross legged on the floor with his arms around Jungkook's shoulders, trying to shake the boy out of his state of silence.

Not one of them had said a word to you yet.

They're totally scared of me

Every single one of them

I'm just some big ugly fish monster in their eyes

In the midst of your tornado of upsetting thoughts, you parted your mouth as if you were about to speak, desperately wanting to break the silence.

"Hah... J-Jeez, you guys all look like you've seen a ghost!" You giggled awkwardly, trying to lighten the mood.

But nothing.

Still silence.

Out of no where, a voice suddenly cleared.

"Ahem... So.... uh can I ask a question?" Jin piped up, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

You nodded at him and attempted to smile for reassurance, "You guys can ask me anything you want!"

"Really?! Okay! So, uh- how do you shower?" He beamed, the nervousness quickly being replaced with excitement.

You laughed at how the boy was now looking at you with childlike-wonder in his eyes, a feeling that seemed to quickly spread around the room.

"Well basically I have to wash my legs as quick as I can and then ultimately I end up taking an involuntary bath" you replied, relaxing a little into the sofa at the change in atmosphere.

"Can you breathe underwater?" Hoseok's cheery voice came from his place beside Yoongi, who was currently more focused on his snack.

"I guess so... but not in the conventional way. It's kind of hard to explain"

Namjoon was up next in the flurry of questions, he raised his hand like he was in class, making a smile appear on your face.

"Yes Namjoon?"

"Do you eat fish? Or are they your friends?

"Did you get that from Finding Nemo?" You asked, tilting your head at him.

"So if you have babies... will they be fish babies? Or human babies?" Jungkook asked, face scrunched up in curiosity.

"Obviously it would be a baby head with a fish tail!" Hoseok added excitedly, nudging Jungkook's side.

"Guys come on!" Taehyung groaned in your defense.

"Do you lay eggs like fish do?" Yoongi's sacastic voice interrupted

"What?! No?!" You snapped

"How do you go to the bathroom?" Hoseok chimed in again, furrowing his brows as if trying to picture it.

"Damn, there's a visual," Yoongi quickly smirked back, finally amused enough to pay attention.

"Isn't that a little TMI?" You frowned, slowly regretting ever telling them they could ask anything they want.

Jin scooted closer to you from his place on the floor, "Can you talk to dolphins!?"

"N- Actually... that one I'm not sure about"

"Do you know other mermaids? Is there mermen?"

"I don't kn-

"What about crabs?! Can you talk to crabs?!" Namjoon yelled out, cutting your answer off.

"Oh my god that would be so cool! What do they say?!?!" Jungkook shouted out.

"Guys let her breathe!" Taehyung pleaded

"I can't stop thinking about fish babies oh my god! But what if they're born with a fish head instead!?"

"OH MY GOD! That would be so scary!"

"GUYS!!!"

At the sound of Taehyung's deafening tone all the boys fell quiet.

A dozen mumbled apologizes were suddenly thrown at you, the whole scene making you giggle to yourself.

"It's okay, really, they're just curious." You reassured the protective boy beside you, patting his hand.

"So why are you all here anyways?" You asked, changing the topic quickly before the ticking time bomb that was Taehyung blew up.

"We were coming by to see if you wanted to come for dinner with us on the boardwalk!" Namjoon replied, a wide smile returning to his face.

"I suggested it!" Jimin piped up, puffing out his chest like a proud peacock.

Of course you did

Now I know who to blame for all this later

You mentally cursed the boy who was still curled around his friend, but honestly... how could you stay mad at a face like that?

"Well you're in luck, I'm starving!" You smiled

Given the state of you, you felt eternally grateful that the boys allowed you time to get ready, so you didn't have to leave the house looking like a hot mess.

You twisted your hair into a loose braid and added some light makeup to your face before changing into one of your many sundresses.

"Let's go!" You shouted from the stairs, heading directly for the front to get your shoes instead of trying to gather the 7 boys from your living room.

"Finally" Yoongi groaned, shuffling ahead of you and out the door.

You stood back as the rest of the boys dashed out behind him, leaving you and Taehyung trailing behind.

"Sorry about that" he mumbled, slipping into his Gucci shoes and reaching for your hand.

You laced your fingers through his as you followed him out into the cool evening.

"I'm already breaking all the rules, what difference will a few more people make?" You laughed, surprised at your own cool approach  given the situation.

"They won't tell anyone, I promise" Taehyung muttered quietly to you, so as to avoid the other boys hearing.

"I believe you... somehow" you mumbled, as truthfully as possible, still not quite understanding why.

"I don't know why, or how, but it feels like we've known each other forever, like you've always been close to our group..." he returned, turning slightly to smile at you before continuing walking in the same direction.

You smiled back at the boy, squeezing his hand in response.

Just melt my heart why don't you

"I'm really glad I met you Y/N, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me"

Your breath caught in your throat at his sudden confession, making your legs stop moving in the middle of the pathway.

It was as if your body temporarily forgot how to walk as your mind processed his words. To be fair, multitasking was never really a strong skill of yours to begin with.

"I-I can't be the best thing," you replied, trying to steady your voice, "you have so many amazing things in your life. Your group, your family, your fans and your amazing career. I'm so... devastatingly plain in comparison.

Taehyung pulled your hand, making you slam into his side as his arm snaked around your waist.

His warm breath on your neck made your heart thump loudly in your ears.

"Jagiya.." he whispered, "you are the furthest thing from plain."

You squealed as he suddenly pressed a kiss to the side of your neck, triggering your ticklish spot almost immediately, before tugging your arm to start walking again towards the road.

"Yah! Can you two stop flirting in front of us!" Yoongi's grumpy voice interrupted from beside you, making you pull away from Taehyung's grip.

"You jealous hyung?" Taehyung teased, bending his knees slightly to mimic Yoongi's short stature.

Compared to the rest of the boys, he really is quite small, you giggled.

"No, I'm f**king hungry." He growled back, kicking the back of Tae's knee to make him loose balance before turning to stomp forward a little faster.

You laughed at the pair, offering Taehyung a helping hand back up on his feet as you and the rest of the boys caught up to Yoongi.

"So uh- how are all 8 of us getting to the boardwalk tonight?" you asked the group of boys once they had all stopped on the main road down the path from your house.

"Oh jeez, and here I was thinking you were going to tug us there by boat," Yoongi's lip curled, before flashing you an adorable gummy smile.

Taken aback at first by Yoongi's harsh tone, you couldn't help but reciprocate a smile, joined in by the rest of the group's laughter.

I swear to god this boy's mood swings are going to give me whiplash

"I've already organised for a van to take us to the boardwalk. So don't worry, none of us expect you to ferry us there." Namjoon piped up, sending you a wink.

Not before long, a large blacked-out van pulled over to the side of the road. The rest of the boys didn't hesitate with climbing in, leaving you and Taehyung for last.

As you ducked your head down to climb into the van, you were quick to notice the only  seats left were not together. You let out a small pout, before seating yourself in the back next to Hoseok, With Taehyung sat in front of you next to Jin.

The drive to the boardwalk was much quicker than you remembered. Most likely due to the entertainment of this ride. You don't think you've ever been in a more crowded and lively car in your life.

Taehyung was quick to reach back through the sides of the seats to grab onto your hand, not wanting to leave you alone for one minute.

You smiled and listened as the boys chatted and laughed, their infectious presence was a welcomed comfort to soothe the rough start from earlier that morning.

Before you knew it, your ride quickly came to a halt and everyone piled out of the van and onto the busy street of people.

"So uh- guys, what are we getting for dinner?" Jungkook asked first.

You were the first to respond, taking the opportunity to announce your current craving.

"Let's get sushi! I'm just dying to eat seafood!"

"Wait... Y/N, can you eat seafood? If they found out wouldn't the other fish be mad at you?" Namjoon asked, tilting his head at you.

Right... I never answered his question earlier.

I guess he was serious.

"It's actually one of my favorite foods, and to answer your question from earlier; unfortunately I can't talk to or befriend sea life."

Namjoon pouted a little, looking like a child who's just found out Santa isn't real.

"Guys there's a Sushi restaurant just over here!" Jin called, holding his phone out for everyone to see.

Everyone immediately started following the eldest member of the group, hurrying so they could get to dinner faster.

You hung back a little, Taehyung's grip on your hand being more appealing than rushing to dinner in this moment.

You smiled as you watched the boys ahead of you stumble over each other trying to be the first one in the door.

How lucky am I to have found such good friends?

Idiots. Brats.

But good friends nonetheless.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316K 4K 17
This will contain Smut and trigger warnings, requests are open! BTS scenarios are sperate and all members will be used. I mean no disrespect to any o...
66.3K 4.6K 27
(Completed) Meeting him was his fate, becoming his friend was his choice, but falling in love with him was beyond his control. Can two strangers fall...
8.3K 659 53
'Were you close to him?' Close wasn't even the way to describe it. Ever since I moved here, I had been completely infatuated with Jimin - now look at...
59.8K 2.9K 43
Inspired by Mako Mermaids, In the Eyes of the Mermaid by @sisisummers, and The Tail of Taekook by @hooverssweaterpaws. Also, I don't own the fan art...