The Other Fairchild โค– Alec Li...

By MimbulusMimbletonias

๐„๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ [๐ง๐จ๐ฎ๐ง]: ๐š ๐ฌ๐œ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐œ๐ž๐๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž ๐ฎ๐ง๐๐ž๐ซ๐ญ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๏ฟฝ... More

[cast]
[1] Pandemonium
[2] Portals
[3] The Institute
[4] The Clave's Curse
[5] The Stick
[6] Bow Boy
[7] Hotel Dumort
[8] The Aftermath
[9] Turbulence
[10] The Rave
[11] Denial
[12] Raising Hell
[13] Portal Shard
[14] Family Ties
[15] Training
[17] Alpha
[18] The Turning Point
[19] Weird
[20] Bow Girl
[21] Surprise
[22] Envoy
[23] Shatter
[24] Forsaken
[25] Downward Spiral
[26] Showdown
[27] Seelie Glade
[28] Inverted Pt. 1
[29] Inverted Pt. 2
[30] Best Served Cold
[31] Venomous
[32] The Trial
[33] Reunited
[34] Wedding Bells
[35] War of Hearts
[36] Traitor
[37] Madness
[38] Aurora
[39] Escape
[40] Killer News
[41] Dust and Shadows
[42] Numbers and Confessions
[43] House Guest
[44] Connected
[45] Pinky Promise
[46] Party Crasher
[47] Bound by Blood
[48] Morning Star Pt. 1
[49] Morning Star Pt. 2
[50] Ave Atque Vale
Author's Note
ANNOUNCEMENT

[16] Oh Sister

25.3K 630 75
By MimbulusMimbletonias

Clary looked at the two older Shadowhunters in front of her, knowing Isabelle was right about them having feelings towards each other. Myrcella offered her hand to Alec, which he gladly took and pulled himself up.

"As entertaining it was to watch that, I think I know a way to find Valentine." Clary stated, gaining their attention and earning confused looks. Myrcella shot a look to her sister for her to go on. "My mother hid a lot from me," Clary added giving a sympathetic look to her sister who smiled in return. "But I did see one thing, there's a box. She didn't think I knew about it but she opened it once a year and cried." The younger Fairchild concluded confusing her sister.

"'Cause?" Alec asked the question on their mind.

"It belonged to my father. Had his initials, JC, on top." Clary replied confusing Myrcella even more and apparently Alec as well.

"But your father's Valentine. Why JC?" The dark haired Shadowhunter asked the million dollar question.

"Because for 18 years, she told me his name was Jonathan Clark. That was a lie but whatever was in that box meant a lot to her. Maybe there's something inside that could help us track him." Clary once again replied knowing she would do anything to save her mom. Hearing that name seemed to spark something inside Myrcella but she couldn't put a finger on it. It seemed like a distant memory. 

"Clary, where can we find the box?" Myrcella spoke up knowing she could at least try to do a tracking spell if the box really did belong to the monster.

"I think it's still back at the loft. Let's go get it." Her sister replied with determination in her voice but the older Shadowhunters shot each other looks knowing it would be stupid to go back to the loft.

"Absolutely not. Not without permission." Alec shot back, not wanting to go against her mother but Myrcella knew if the two protected Clary they would be able to sneak out and come back in without trouble.

"Alec, come here for a second." Myrcella motioned to a corner so her sister wouldn't eavesdrop. "I know you're all for the Clave now but if we go with Clary and do get the box we can actually hunt down Valentine." Myrcella tried to reason with Alec and gritted her teeth at the mention of his name.

"Myrcella think what the consequences would be if we got caught." Alec replied but the wheels in his brain were turning, trying to think of a solution.

"If, Alec, if. We won't get caught I promise." Myrcella insisted with a smile. "Not with me at least." Her smile quickly turning into a smirk.

"Fine. Let's go." Alec rolled his eyes at her antics but he was smiling as well. He enjoyed it when his talks with Myrcella didn't end with fights. The two Shadowhunters turned around to inform Clary, Myrcella being excited.

"Clary, we can go-" However, Myrcella stopped in midsentence upon seeing her sister was nowhere to be found. "Clary?" She asked hoping she was just around the corner.

"Come on!" Alec yelled, running off towards Clary's room, hoping she would be there.

The duo reached her room but unfortunately it was empty. A sickening feeling set in Myrcella's stomach as she realized her sister was out there alone when the Circle as well as almost all of the Downworlders were looking for her.

"Great. I swear your sister is a pain in my ass." Alec muttered under his breath but the strawberry blonde Shadowhunter had heard him. "She's gonna get herself killed." He added running his hand through his unruly hair. Myrcella knew he kind of had a point and took a deep breath.

"Then let's go get her before someone else does. I know where she is." She stated and they set off to get their weapons.

The duo saw Clary standing in front of Brooklyn Academy of Art, staring at the orientation sign. Myrcella knew her sister got in but couldn't go because her life had turned upside down and she felt sorry for her. However, she thought their mother should've known better than to hope to keep Clary out of the Shadow World forever. Before she could reach her sister, Clary's phone started to ring and the mundanes checked their phones as Clary was at least careful enough to put a glamour on herself.

"Why'd you run out?" Alec asked first, making their presence known to the young girl. "And what's the point of an Invisibility rune if you don't silence your phone?" He asked making Clary roll her eyes.

"Seriously Clary, running off like that was a bad idea." Myrcella added crossing her arms as Clary was still searching for her phone.

"Yes, it was childish, sneaking out like that. Your sister and I are trying to protect you." Alec added but he couldn't sound more bored and he would have continued to lecture her but Clary answered her phone and cut him off.

Myrcella saw Alec rolling his eyes as they realized the caller was Clary's mundane friend, who always needed a rescue. As Clary kept talking on the phone, Alec kept on pestering her. He told her to hang up but she refused and told Simon that she was off to the loft.

"I'm fine. I'm with Alec and Myrcella." Clary argued and hung up.

"Mundanes. Look at them. Running around like ants." Alec mocked the mundanes, rolling his eyes. "Let's go." He ordered.

"Why do you always look so miserable?" Clary asked making Myrcella choke on her saliva as she tried not to laugh.

"I don't." Alec sternly shot back.

"You do." Clary argued. "It must be hard being in love when apparently as a Shadowhunter you can't have feelings." Clary added confusing Myrcella.

"Excuse me? What?" Alec asked incredulously, his eyebrows shooting up. Myrcella wanted to open a portal and vanish, she didn't want to hear where this conversation was headed.

"What's the big deal?" Clary chuckled. "I was there when that memory came out. Busted, no?" She added taking a step towards him with a grin Myrcella hadn't seen on her before.

"I'll be just, uh yeah." Myrcella commented awkwardly and pointed back with her thumb.

"Just say it. You will feel better. You're in love with Myrcella." Clary stated and Alec just wanted to faint. He didn't even know for sure himself, and Clary Fairchild was confronting him about it.

"You know what? You're in love with Jace." Alec shot back, knowing it was childish but he had to change the topic.

"Oh okay? The middle school comeback? Nice." Clary retorted, knowing what he was trying to do. Myrcella noticed they weren't going to stop any time soon so she walked back to them, them stopping their bickering at once.

"I'd love to wait for you two to finish but don't we have a mission?" The half warlock asked and they nodded. Alec knew he couldn't be in love. It wasn't like him to do something like that and Myrcella knew even if she accepted her feelings she wouldn't put him in danger like that.

"Come with me." Clary said and took off to the loft.

"This better be quick." Alec huffed and followed her with Myrcella.

They reached and alley which was covered in graffiti. As Clary was hugging her friend, the duo looked around to see if they were alone. Then out of nowhere, Simon the mundane jumped over a wall confusing everyone. They started following Simon till they reached a fire escape and began ascending it.

"Climbing a fire escape excited mundanes. I'll never understand these people." Alec commented as he looked back at Myrcella and she giggled in response. He felt pretty pleased with himself as he was the one to make her smile.

When they reached the loft, the outside was covered with runes and wards of protection but what puzzled them was the fact that Simon could see them as well. Myrcella, for once, didn't remember him having the Sight and as if that wasn't enough he broke open a locked door as if it was nothing. Myrcella exchanged looks with Alec as if he knew something was off about the mundane as well. When they got in, they realized the loft was torched. Myrcella quickly went to check the other rooms to see if they were alone.

"There's something under here." Myrcella heard Simon state as he bent down to check the floorboard. He picked one of them up, finding a small compartment.

"Out of the way." Alec pushed him to the side and bent down to look for himself.

"Be careful Alec." Myrcella commented, voicing her concern.

"Always am." He smiled and put his hand through, searching for the box Clary mentioned earlier. "There's something down here." He added and pulled out an intricate box. "Is this the box you remember?" He asked Clary as he handed it out to her.

"Yeah. She used to wait till she thought I was asleep and then take it out." Clary replied, running her fingers over the designs.

"Well, let's open it." Simon suggested and Clary looked up to her sister as if to ask if it was okay. Myrcella nodded in reply, she being just as curious to see what was inside. Clary opened it to see it had one baby booty in it, confusing everyone more. Myrcella was about to make a comment when they heard something shattering.

"There's someone here. Get what you need. Do not move until I get back." Alec quickly ordered and turned to leave but stopped and faced Myrcella. "You stay with them, can't leave them unprotected." He added but with a softer tone. Myrcella nodded solemnly and took out her seraph blade. "Be careful." He copied her and smiled.

"Always am." She retorted back just like he did and smiled.

Alec quickly left after that and Clary managed to stuff the box in her bag. Myrcella ordered the two to stay put as she stepped out of the room to see if she could hear something. She heard another shuffling so she raised her blade higher and turned around to go back in but she felt a sharp pain in the back of her head and everything went dark. Meanwhile, Alec had his bow out, trying to shoot and saw two men pushing Clary and the mundane in a car and then realized one of them had an unconscious Myrcella thrown over his shoulder. At that moment, the raven haired Shadowhunter felt like someone had just drenched him in ice cold water.

"No." He whispered to himself, knowing he had failed both Myrcella and Jace. 

Author's Note: Another chapter as promised. I hope you lovely readers enjoy this one as well. Again, I'd like to say that I love reading your reactions so please comment and vote. Also I'd like to say the duo's relationship will begin to bloom really fast, really soon.

Love, Ally

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

518K 13K 36
He had the looks to kill, he had the looks to protect. But he didn't have the looks to love. He never searched for that someone, but deep down he kne...
2.5M 77.8K 56
"๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐š ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ ๐›๐ข๐  ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž. ๐ข ๐š๐ฅ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐œ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฆ๐›๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ง๐๐จ๐ฐ๐ฌ ๐›๐ž๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ข๏ฟฝ...
517K 10.6K 19
Belle Salvatore was always overlooked by her brothers, when they died she was saved by none other than Elijah mikealson. Her mate. But in the lives o...
217K 3.7K 13
Nilsa Coulter is married to the Dauntless Devil himself and living the life they had dreamed of while in Erudite. Choices will be made and the Coulte...