Bombay's Twins

By Hotpinkmonkey02

"Hi. You two boys didn't seem to get the chance to be introduced. I'm Connie Moreau, by the way." She smiled... More

Elliott and Garrett
The Reckless and the Tiredless
Ducks and Newbies
Warming Up To One Another
Newbies Getting to Know Each Other
More Practice
To LA We Go!
Team Trinidad-Tobago or Team USA?
Team USA and an Interview
The Dorms
Learning to Work Together
Five Players, One Sub
Team Italy or Team USA?
Class and Rodeo Drive
Garrett and the Boys
Team Iceland or Team USA?
Captain Blood...
A Drowsy Team
Missing Caldwell
Your Brother's Got A Big Mouth...
Team Germany or Team USA?
Fire in a Barrel
I'd Like To Help
Team Russia or Team USA?
Sandy Beach Talk
The Lobby and a Book
Two Posts and Crossbar
The Finals-Iceland or USA?
Shoot Out
Plane Ride Home
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Bombay's Office

830 15 0
By Hotpinkmonkey02

Elliott had walked down the hall of the dorm building, heading to Coach Bombay's office where she was hoping to talk to him for a little. She wanted to enlighten him on different things and thank him for last night's help with her and Garrett's play. No one on the team knew about the twins and Bombay being related, that's what Elliott and Garrett think, but Charlie thinks otherwise. Even though he has discussed it with several of his teammates, some of them are on to the twins and Bombay. They've started questioning things, comparing Bombay and Garrett to one another, seeing the similarities.

Ellie knocked on the door to Bombay's office and he looked up at the window next to his desk. Seeing who it was, he motioned for her to come in. She entered and shut the door behind her, taking her seat like he told her to as she had set her bag on the ground. He wrapped it up on the phone with who ever was on the other line and she waited patiently, gazing around his office.

He looked at her as he brought the phone the holder. "What can I do for ya, Elliott?" He asked her.

"Well, I came for a few reasons."

He got confused and brought his hands up on his desk. "And why is that?"

She bent over to the side of her comfortable chair and picked up her bag, unzipping it, she spoke up. "Firstly, I'd like to thank you for helping Garrett and I last night. We deeply appreciated it, even though I only showed it."

He nodded with a smile as she stuck her hand in her bag. "Well, I'm your coach and am happy to help as much as I can."

She lifted the files out of her bag and dropped them in front of her on the desk. "Garrett took these to read and I read them as well. I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm not." Bombay leaned forward from his office chair and picked up the folders carefully, seeing that the twins had stolen then from his office back in the locker room. "We wanted to know more. Are we here because we're good or because you wanted us here?"

He shut the folders after looking at them. "Elliott, you can't just steal whenever you want to-"

"But we didn't steal them, we brought them back and technically there's nothing confidential because those are our files." She explained.

He shook his head. "And I understand that, but it's still not your property. I'd have to punish you for this, but with Adam out and the games being tight, I can't."

She smirked and leaned forward, setting her arms on the desk. "Look, as you can tell by our behavior, Garrett and I haven't been the most kindest or out-going. You're the reason, but it's mainly affected Garrett because he can't trust you. I've tried to talk him into trusting you, but after seeing Captain Blood, he doesn't want a thing to do with you." She told her father, no longer making this a Coach and player conversation, but a father-daughter one.

This was a family talk now and Ellie needed to get everything off her chest. Bombay needed to know the truth between the three of them. The lies, the dishonesty, everything. "I know and I am deeply sorry for the way I behaved, but like I said, I've changed and I want you two to understand that. I'm no longer the guy I used to be. I love hockey and can't get enough of it. I've tried calling over the last year and a half when I haven't been busy, but your mother wouldn't let me speak to you guys."

Ellie realized the phone calls that her mother wouldn't say who it was, is now her father trying to reach them. "So, you have tried?"

He nodded. "I'm sorry for what happened to your mother, but now it's just the three of us. We'll be moving back to Minneapolis after this to my house. From there, we'll have to adjust."

"I don't know about Garrett, though. He's quite stubborn, exactly like you."

Bombay nods. "I know and he does hate me, but if I can show him I want to be there, then he'll finally see that I am the person he wants me to be."

Ellie smiled, but couldn't speak before someone knocked on the door. Bombay looked up and called out. "Come in." Ellie turned to see Charlie walk inside the room.

"Coach, I know with Banks out, we've got a roster slot open,right?"

Coach Bombay nodded, wanting to apologize to Elliott for not having Charlie wait. "Yeah?" He asked, wanting to know more.

"You know how I always told you I'd make a better coach than a player?" Bombay nodded and Ellie became interested in what Charlie was doing, who just noticed she was here. "I did some scouting for us. Come on in." Charlie called, turning his upper body to face the door.

Walking in with skates tied together on his shoulder and a hockey stick in hand, Ellie's mouth dropped. The boy from the field and schoolyard puck stood in the office with a smile and quiet posture."Russ Tyler. Coach Bombay."

"Hiya, Coach." Russ smiled.

"Russ Tyler, huh?" Bombay asked, knowing this was the boy from the Trinidad and Italy games who shouted out words and annoyed Jesse on and off the ice. "Well, Russ, what can you do for the team?"

Ellie had turned in her seat, her arms crossed at the two boys as she waited to hear what Russ Tyler could do for her team."You never heard of my Knuckle puck?" He asked.

"Knuckle puck? No."

Ellie stood up, picking up her bag. "I'm going to head out." She spoke and turned on her heels, walking out of the office.

"Elliott-" Coach Bombay started, but was too late as she had left. Charlie excused himself quickly and Bombay watched the boy leave as Russ Tyler took his seat and explained other fine qualities he had to Bombay, who listened eagerly.

Charlie ran down the hall after Ellie, who seemed to walk quite fast. He caught up to her and called her name once. "Elliott.", but she continued walking and turned out of the hall full of offices of the different coaches. "Ellie, wait, I'm sorry." He spoke.

She stopped and turned. "I'm not mad." She answered, pulling her bag up on her shoulder. "It's fine, you were just doing something nice and I came at the wrong time."

"Please, I didn't mean to make you upset....Can I ask you something?"

She crossed her arms and looked at him. Stepping closer to him since they were in the middle of the hall. They stood face to face on one side of the hall against the wall. "Depends." She spoke. "Go ahead, though."

"Are you related to Bombay?" He asked.

Her mouth dropped and she stepped towards him, bringing her hand to his mouth. By doing that, it grew Charlie's suspicion. "No." She looked him in the eye, lying to his face. "You eavesdropped, you little sni-"

He came back with the same gesture, pushed her against the wall and covered her mouth with his hand. Hers dropped to the ground and she tried talking, but it came out in muffled sounds. The two's eyes hadn't moved from one another's stare. "No, I didn't snitch. Well, not today, but the other day when you and Garrett were talking. We overheard you."

She pushed him off of her and he dropped his hand. "We're not related to him and we're not from your crap town, Coach's Pet." She called and walked by him, hitting his shoulder.

He followed after her anyways. "Wait, if you are, I understand. He told me about having these two kids always around his place, but he never said they were his. If you are, no one else knows and I wouldn't tell anyone." He pleaded, trying to get her to stop mad walking.

She continued until she got to the main hallway and took his arm, pulling him into a smaller hallway that was on a few feet with two doors and then a dead end. She stared him down, upset how he knew all this. "You can't tell anyone, it's bad enough you know." He nodded vigorously and she dropped her grasp from his arm. "Obviously you had to know something."

"Why do you suspect that? Because I know Coach Bombay?" He asked her.

She looked up and nodded slightly. "Yeah, you two have this connection that Garrett and I don't have with him. Three weeks ago, I hated him and didn't care about you guys."

"So, you do care now?"

She nodded. "Yes, anyways, I've got homework. You better not tell anyone or I will tell Garrett and he'll beat you up if I tell him you had 'hurt me'." She warned Charlie, who simply nods once and watches as she walks away, giving an excuse to get out of there and away from him. He leaned against the wall with a smile, knowing they had to of been his kids. It was obvious.

"I knew it." He smiled and pushed himself off the wall, heading back to Coach's office to go speak with him and Russ, probably going to show Russ around after that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

260K 4.5K 44
【 in which a competitive ice skater somehow ends up on her local peewee hockey team 】 ❝ α΄΅ ʷᡃⁿⁿᡃ ᡇᡉ ᡗʰᡉ ᡒⁿᡉ ΚΈα΅’α΅˜'ʳᡉ αΆœα΅ƒΛ‘Λ‘β±βΏα΅ 'αΆœα΅ƒα΅˜Λ’α΅‰ α΄΅ ᡇᡉˑⁱᡉᡛᡉ ᡗʰᡃᡗ ΚΈα΅’α΅˜...
51.9K 705 24
They've known each other for years. He's liked her from the moment he met her. She's an entirely different story. Freshman year is throwing them for...
97.6K 1.2K 25
Octavia Arsov is hand selected to represent the USA in the Junior Goodwill Games along with her brother. Will they be able to find friends with their...