Oh Brothers

By honestotter

"Something you want to ask me?" he asks, amused. "Nope," I pop the 'p' sound and don't even spare him a glan... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 part 1
Chapter 29 Part 2
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 39 (again - different)
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Sequel to Oh Brothers!

Chapter 37

12.4K 486 32
By honestotter

Ara's P.O.V.

I intensify the kiss and rope my fingers through his hair. Man, I've wanted to touch it for so long and it's so much softer than I imagined it to be. His fingers pull at my hair-tie and my hair flies all around us, landing like a soft curtain.

We finally come up for air and lean our foreheads against each other, taking deep heavy breaths. I look into his beautiful eyes and he looks into mine.

"You have no idea how long I've waited to do that," Cole whispers in a rough voice that ignites something inside me.

"I think I have a pretty good idea," I softly reply. His hands run down the length of my arms and latch onto my hands. He intertwines his fingers with mine.

"I want to ask you something," he says. I lean against his chest and he rests his head atop mine.

"Then ask," I say.

"I'm scared of freaking you out," he says.

"You won't," I confidently reply.

He chuckles and mumbles, "you just might."

"Ask anyway," I say.

"I want to ask you to be my girlfriend," he says and my heart soars higher than I thought it could," but I'm convinced your brothers would pulverize me."

My heart immediately drops back to the ground and I back away from him and stare out the window,"shit."

"Yeah," he says. I stare at the window and my brain races to find a solution. We stand in silence for several minutes and then it hits me.

"Ok, I got it. We just won't define anything and ease my brothers into the idea of us dating," I say.

"So you're open to dating me?" he asks, nervously.

I grin, "literally nothing would make me happier."

I lean into him, resting my hands on his chest and kiss him, sweetly this time. He wraps his hands around my waist. He pulls out of the kiss.

"So we're together?" he asks.

"No labels," I say and wink.

"So no labels means I can't kiss you," Cole says and moves away from me, his back turned.

"Cole!" I exclaim and he turns around with a smirk on his face. He crosses his arms.

"What?" he asks, innocently.

"Did you not understand the wink?" I ask.

"What wink? I thought that was a twitch in your eye," he teases.

"Cole!" I shout and he continues.

"Seriously, Ara, I'm not going to kiss-" he starts.

"Jesus, Cole, we're together," I state and he grins rapidly.

"Good," he smiles.

"But we're going to ease my brothers into this, right?" I ask. Cole laughs.

"Of course, Ara, I don't have a death wish," he says and hugs me.

"Good, I don't want anything to happen to you," I say.

"You know, sneaking around can be quite sexy," he chirps. I blush and smack his arm and walk towards the ladder.

"Alright, I'm leaving," I announce.

"Wait," he grabs my arm and spins me around, "one more for the road."

I smile and happily oblige.

We climb down the ladder, Cole insisting on going first so he could catch me if I slipped... and I did. Go figure.

We head back inside holding hands. He lets go as we enter the house and I feel dirty hiding this from my brothers. I've never hidden anything of importance to them. I'm just scared of how they'll react. I just want it to go smoothly. I need a girl to talk to. Lucy!

Cole is walking ahead of me so I pull him aside.

"Can I tell Lucy? You can tell Will, I think we both need advice," I say.

Cole laughs, "alright, let's go wake the lovebirds."

I loop my arm through his and we march off towards Lucy and Will's room.

The hallway is deserted so Cole asks in a quiet voice, "so how long before I can take you on a proper date?"

"As soon as my brothers know," I say.

"Got it," Cole nods his head and raps his knuckles on Will's door.

The door swings open and I see Will's disheveled morning face. He still looks good but not as good as his brother.

"Hello," I greet politely, "is Luce there?"

"Babe, Ara's asking for you and she's acting all weird," Will says, scanning my face.

"I'm not acting weird," I say defensively, I turn to Cole, "am I acting weird."

Cole grins, "you always act weird."

I shrug, "Welp. It is what it is."

Lucy comes to the door, breathless, with a broad smile, "Ara!"

"I need to talk to you," I grab her hand and pull her away, "later boys."

I guide her down the hall without looking back.

"Whoa, easy tiger, what's going on." Lucy says, slowing down. I look around the hallway but still feel like someone's watching.

"Not here," I grab her arm and we fly down to my room, "here."

I shove her into the room and enter behind her. I lean against the door and take a deep breath.

"What is going on with you!" She exclaims, "Will was right you are acting weird."

I decide to stare at her in response, let her figure it out on her own.

"What?" she asks, "I'm not telepathic, I mean the only thing I can imagine you acting this crazy for is..."

Lucy's eyes widen, "no!"

I grin and nod my head.

"Really?" she asks.

"Yeah," I confirm.

"You and Cole?" she exclaims.

I smile and look at the ground before responding with a quiet, drawn out, "yeeeeahh."

"Tell me everything," she gushes and sits down on the edge of my bed. I push off the door and walk over beside her.

I tell her everything and as the story progresses she gets more and more excited.

"I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!" she exclaims.

"But -" I start and Lucy frowns and cuts me off.

"No buts, Ara, you and Cole are-" she starts but I cut her off this time.

"BUT my brothers," I rush out. Lucy's face pales.

"Shit." she says.

"Yeah," I agree. We sit in silence and I let her mind whirl away.

"Okay, I got it. Go to Jason. He's happy and in a relationship and is the most likely to be okay with it. Then he can help you win the rest of them over," Lucy says. I nod my head.

"This could work! I think it'll be ok. Carter might be difficult, but I think the others will fall in line," I think out loud.

"Go," she shoes me away, "the faster you talk to Jason, the faster you get to be free with Cole.

I automatically stand up and head for the door, "you're the best. Love you girl!"

Lucy laughs," love you too, go!"

I twirl out of the room and bounce down the hall to Jason's room.

I pull out my phone and text Cole.

I have an idea. Do you trust me?

I continue down the hall several feet before my phone buzzes.

Absolutely, babe.

I smile and respond back, good. See you on the other side.

Soooooo here's another chapter! I don't know how I feel about it but let me know what you think ?!

Unedited, written on my phone so it's probs wonky and most importantly.... Thanks for reading!!!!

Lots of love!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

542K 9.8K 36
18+ Arabella or Bella to her friends, always dreamt of her "Prince Charming". Join her on the journey of discovering that love isn't so smooth sailin...
38.3M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...
52.9K 4.3K 68
Morgan Hall is your average teenager. That is if you consider having a billionaire CEO of a world renowned company as a dad and a fashion designer of...
71.8K 1.8K 29
15 year old Estella never expected her to flip upside down in a span of few weeks . The unexpected death of her foster parents Getting a positive p...