In the Eyes of the Mermaid...

By sisisummers

A story of you, a newly changed mermaid, crossing paths with BTS while they're on vacation in Jeju, South Kor... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 22

18.3K 755 315
By sisisummers

The sunlight pouring in through your window wasn't what woke you up this morning.

It was the boy who had pulled you into is chest, his arms wrapped delicately around your body.

Your eyes fluttered open and a sleep-filled smile crept its way onto your face as he buried his head into the crook of your neck, his light snoring barely audible from where he had his face pressed against you.

We really just took this relationship from 0 to 100 huh Tae, you thought to yourself, the amusement of the situation making you stifle a laugh.

Lifting your hand up to his hair and brushing your fingers through it, you admired how soft it was. You couldn't begin to imagine the type of expensive beauty products these boys must use.

Taehyung let out a deep breath from below you, his arms snaking tighter around you.

You closed your eyes, ready to fall back asleep when you suddenly realized the situation you were about to be in.

I didn't take my makeup off last night..

And I was crying, which means my mascara is definitely all down my face.

Oh god I must look awful

If he sees me like this he's going to think I'm a monster

The panic filled thoughts making you slowly and gently untangle yourself from the sleeping boy, carefully moving his head onto the pillow and his arms back down onto the bed as you rolled off.

Tiptoeing lightly towards the bedroom door, you paused for a moment to look at Taehyung's form curled on your bed.

Smiling, you slipped out and made your way into the bathroom.

You caught the first glimpse of yourself in the mirror, horrified at the reflection staring back at you.

"Wow. I'm an actual trash can." you grumbled out loud.

You pulled out your makeup wipes, wiping the mascara runs off your face before grabbing your foundation.

That's when you heard a voice from the doorway.

"What are you doing?"

Oh sh*t

You looked over, face flushing immediately at the boy who was now leaned up against the door-frame, amusement apparent in his smirk.

"I-I just-" you started.

Taehyung walked over to brush your hair behind your ears, making your words catch in your throat.

He grabbed the compact out of your hand and set it down on the counter before cupping your cheeks with both of his hands.

"Jagi, you don't have to do that around me." he cooed, his lips turning up into a kind smile.

Your cheeks were burning at the thought of getting caught trying to fix your face while he slept.

"I happen to think you look adorable when you first wake up" he mumbled, bending so his face was closer to yours.

"You're just saying that.." you muttered out, slightly taken aback by his sudden gesture.

He shook his head at you, smile only growing wider.

"Nu-uh, I'm serious" he pulled your face towards his so he could leave a quick peck on the tip of your nose, pulling back and stretching his arms out, "Now come on, I need some hot chocolate!"

You furrow your brows at him, "For breakfast?"

"Chocolate is good for any time of the day Y/N, didn't anyone ever tell you that?" he joked, winking at your before pulling you out of the bathroom.

You lead Taehyung downstairs, guiding him to the kitchen table before going over to turn on the kettle.

"So, did you want to do something today or.." you started, pulling two cups and the barely-used hot chocolate mix out of the cupboard.

"Well.. Actually I have to go back to the hotel, before the manager finds out I'm gone"

Oh yeah...

You heart ached at the reminder; the two of you can't lead a regular existence together.

Seemingly everything about this relationship was wrong, it not only went against his contract but also your own personal rules....

But at the same time, it feels so right.

You nodded your head, bringing the cups of steaming hot chocolate over to the table.

"What's wrong?" Taehyung asked after looking up at you, concern written all over his face.

"N-nothing, it's nothing" you mumbled, hoping your voice hadn't deceived you as you ran your finger around the rim of your cup.

The sound of a phone ringing suddenly interrupted the question Taehyung was seemingly about to ask.

"Hello?"

You didn't need to hear clearly to know the booming voice echoing on the other end of the line belonged to Namjoon.

His authority is unmatched, I swear.

And I've only met the kid a few times.

"Really? Oh god... okay."

..

"I'm coming back now! Just stall them and put pillows under the sheets or something! I'll call you when I get there!"

You watched as Taehyung ended the call and abruptly got up, running into the living room to get the things he had brought with him.

You stayed put, trying to figure out what on earth was going on.

Did his manager find out or something?

Just then Taehyung came bounding back into the room, arms hooking around you to pull you out of the chair and swing you around in a circle.

You let out a giggle, setting your feet back onto the ground and into the hug you were being pulled into.

"I'm so sorry I have to run out on you, it's an emergency! My manager is coming to the room for a meeting in 20 minutes!"

Before you could get a word in Taehyung brought his face down to yours, capturing your lips in a kiss before dashing towards the front door.

"I'll text you later jagi!"

The loud slamming of the front door wasn't enough to break you out of your shock.

You were stood in the same spot in the kitchen, arms still raised from where they had rested on Taehyung's shoulders.

Who the hell has that much energy in the morning?

Does he run on batteries or something?!

You shook your head, clearing your thoughts before going over to finish your drink.

The dinging of your phone in the living room alerting you of a new message being the only thing that could get you up and moving.

"I should have made myself a coffee" you grumbled, shuffling over to grab your phone.

[2 new messages]

[7:34] Ursula: Y/N I need your assistance at the hotel

[7:34] Ursula: Now

You rolled your eyes, sighing deeping before reluctantly typing out a reply.

[7:36] Y/N: Be there in an hour

She'll just have to deal with that.

There's no way I can get ready in under an hour.

You went upstairs, showering and getting ready for the day.

Knowing you couldn't swim right now made picking out clothes so much harder.

After about ten minutes of riffling and careful deliberation later you decided on a black skirt and a flowy white blouse top.

You stepped in front of the mirror to admire yourself.

"I look like I'm going for a job interview... in a cute sorta way I guess?" you muttered out, grimacing at the outfit before deciding you didn't have the energy to try again.

Calling a cab, you decided you would sell off a few deep sea fossils later to make up for the extra expenses you've been wasting lately.

You actually relished in the relaxing drive to the hotel, reminiscing on the night spent with Taehyung.

I don't know how, and I don't know why, but I feel so.... so connected to him

Like he could be my... soul mate?

Is that cheesy?

That's totally cheesy...

But what about his contract?

And he called me jagi!

Does that mean we're like together together or?

The car halting to a stop in front of the all-too-familiar turnstile doors instantly dragged you out of your mind babble.

You paid the fare and hopped out of the cab, waving to the bellhop and making your way into the marble lobby.

Ursula was there, which was unusual for her to be waiting for your arrival.

She was more of the, how do you put this... the sneak up behind you and scare the sh*t out of you type? Yeah. Yeah that's it.

"Good morning" you said through gritted teeth, making your way over to the couch she was sat on.

"Ah, there you are Y/N! Have a seat" she sneered, motioning for you to take the armchair opposite her.

Her attention returned to her phone as you made your way over, giving you time to check the lobby for any sign of the boys.

I wonder what they're up to today.. 

"Looking for someone?" Ursula snapped, forcing your attention back to her as you took your seat.

"N-no I-"

"Good." She chirped, bringing her clipboard onto her lap," Anyways, I called you here to get your assistance on something."

You silently nodded your head, awaiting what annoying demand she had for you now.

What? Need someone to man the bar again? Shine your shoes? Kiss your a**?

"You know our surf instructor Minho don't you?" She asked, her brows raised at you questioningly.

"I-I uh- I've seen him around... yeah"

"Then you must have heard about the mermaid right? The one who saved him from drowning the other day?"

Oh sh*t, oh f**k

You could hear your heart thundering loudly in your ears, your palms starting to get clammy against the panic.

"I-uh- Wow, that's um- that's crazy..."

"Isn't it?" She slithered out in an accusing tone.

Well if she didn't know before she certainly knows now, genius.

"He gave a description of her, you know, of the Mermaid." She crossed her legs, narrowing her eyes at you, "I mean he saw her face after all."

You let out a nervous laugh, waiting for her to continue.

"It's funny actually, the description he gave matches you almost perfectly."

You could have sworn your heart stopped in that moment, the blood immediately draining from your face.

"M-many people look like me, I'm really average you know..." you stuttered out.

"Hm, you are quite average, aren't you?" She laughed, standing up and grabbing her Prada bag off the granite coffee table, "Very well, that will be all."

You sat still, watching her walk away and down the corridor of the hotel.

You didn't hesitate, once you realized what might be happening, you just got up and stormed out of the hotel, the gravity of the situation making your feet break into a sprint.

I need to get the F**k out of here

Pushing hastily out of the turnstile doors, you hailed a cab and clambered inside.

You mumbled out your address and slammed the car door.

With the hotel disappearing behind you, you finally released the breath you had been holding.

What the f**k was that...

—-

//A/N//: Hello beautiful people! I'm really sorry this update was late, I'm in the middle of moving all my stuff from one end of Tokyo to the other and trying to organize my new house! I'll work harder to update more often in the future!

I love you all and I can't wait to read your comments!

Hope you're all having an amazing day/night!

♥︎Sisi♥︎

P.S. For those of you that read it, 'My Little Mochi' Chapter 4 will be published tomorrow!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

912 48 16
▷ BTS mermaid Series ▷ The Dream Series *WARNING* This book contains the following: ▷ blood and murder ▷ Sexual Content (?) "Let's take a trip to the...
5.8K 205 15
when mermaid min yoongi is washed up unconscious from a violent storm, human kim taehyung just so happens to be taking a vacation there, and saves hi...
1.6K 168 45
The story of girl with aquaphobia mets a merman A little sneakpeak of the story ××× "keep your hands to yourself fishy " ×××× "are you seriously...
8.3K 659 53
'Were you close to him?' Close wasn't even the way to describe it. Ever since I moved here, I had been completely infatuated with Jimin - now look at...