A Vampires Quest (COMPLETE)

By LilithaAngel

This is the third story of the Blackbloods series. If you haven't read the first two never fear as this book... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Sequel is OUT!

Chapter Six

377 30 1
By LilithaAngel

His cool hand wrapped around my wrist like a vice, I try to pull away but he holds me firm, looking like it causes him no effort at all. His bright blue eyes shine as his lips curve.

"So we meet again." His voice is soft, husky and terrifying at the same time,  my heart pounds in my chest while my lungs refuse to work properly.

"Let go of me." I whisper, trying to sound stronger than I feel, but his smirk tells me that he sees through the facade.

"What is your name?" He asks, looking genuinely curious.

"Mia. What do you want Alex."

"Ah so you do remember my name."

"I'm working so il ask you again, what do you want from me?" I ask slightly irritated but more worried about if my boss comes out and sees me like this, I need this job. Alex smirks, taking his time to decide how to answer, making me more and more nervous as the seconds tick by, but am I nervous about what he's going to say or nervous about my boss firing me?

"There is a lot of things I want from you Mia. For now I will settle for your phone number so I can contact you to arrange a way for you to amend your mistake." My heart skitters at his hidden promise, good or bad I can't decide. But as I hear Pat's booming voice coming closer I quickly scribble my number on my pad, ripping it off quickly I shakily hold it towards Alex, his blue eyes burning into my soul. He  captures my hand, bringing it to his lips before he presses a quick but soft kiss to the back of it, like I always imagined medieval knights doing. Snatching my hand back as if he had burned me I quickly pick up the coffee pot and hurry back to the counter, my heart racing, unable to stop myself I peer over my shoulder towards where Alex was sitting, only to be greeted with an empty booth as I hear the doors bell ding as it opens and closes. Sighing in relief I turn towards the kitchen just as Pat storms his way out, his face bright red, eyes wild, quickly looking at my shoes I shuffle quickly to the other tables. Wishing that the next 4 hours would pass quickly so I could finally go home, my feet are burning.

"Coffee." I hear shouted across the diner, as I turn I realise it's the creep that tried to grab my leg earlier, feeling my skin crawl I plaster on a fake smile, quickly walking towards him and his friend.

"Sorry fellas. Here's your coffee." I shudder as creep #1 grabs my wrist, pulling me close, grinning sadistically, smiling sweetly back at him I lower my voice.

"Get your hand off of me."

"You didn't mind when blondie grabbed you." He snarls.

"I know him, I don't know you. Let go of my hand or I will get your removed."

"Oh will you now?" Creep #1 smirks before calling over my shoulder.

"Hey Pat, come 'ere." I freeze as I hear footsteps behind me, until warm breath washes over me and I see creep #1 and #2 smile like they're cats that's just got the cream.

"Tom, Frank! How you doing? Haven't seen you round 'ere for a while. Everything okay lads?" I feel the panic rising as I force my expression to stay stoic.

"You're little raven 'ere isn't being very nice." I glare at creep #2, tempted to smack the smug look off his greasy face. Pat suddenly puts his arm around my waist, pulling him taut against his side, it takes all of my willpower not to gag at his body odor.

"She's a beauty isn't she. Good hard worker too. I'm sure we can come to some sort of understanding." Pat laughs manically, I can't help the shiver of disgust that shoots down my spine.

"When she getting off Pat?" Creep #1 asks, his eyes glinting.

"She will be finished in an hour, going to close early tonight." I freeze, mentally shaking my head, my body starting to tremble, subtly I slip out of Pat's arm and thankfully smile at a couple, waving for my attention.

"Sorry fellas. Got other customers to see to." Quick as lightening I briskly walk away from the table and the laughter. But all too soon the diner empties, except for the creeps and Pat who are sat gorging themselves on food and drink as I tidy up behind the counter, quickly slipping a steak knife into the folds of my apron I head to the kitchen to say goodbye to the staff, only to find it empty and silent. My heart beats loud in my throat as I hear footsteps heading towards the kitchen from behind me, darting away from the door I turn just as creep #1 and #2 step through the threshold.

"Come 'ere sweetheart." Creep #1 coaxes, making my heart pound faster, taking a chance I race to the back door, only to slam into it, the handle refusing to budge, now I really start panicking when I realise I'm trapped. A hot heavy hand squeezes my shoulder painfully, another hand runs down my side to my hip, hot breath washes over my neck.

"Oh we are going to have so much fun with you." Creep #2 leers as his hand tries to wander over my front, acting on instinct I smack his hand away before spinning quickly, slamming my hand against his thigh, not realising I had the knife gripped there still, blood spurts over my hand as creep #2 falls, wailing, clutching his leg. Jumping back I cover my mouth, all too soon creep #1 jumps to his friends aid.

"Fuck! Frank! You okay man. Oh you're dead now bitch." He turns his anger to me and I realise I've made a terrible mistake as he pulls a wicked looking knife from his belt, turning on my heel I try to flee but Tom sweeps my legs out and I fall hard onto the tiles, tasting blood, I try to scream but my mouth is quickly covered as hands roam over my body, trying to push my skirt up, I kick and fight, managing to get a good shot as he briefly lets me go, scrambling over Tom pins me again, his eyes swirling with anger and lust.

"Oh I'm going to enjoy defiling you sweetheart. My favourite part is when you scream." His knife presses against my arm, slicing into my skin, his hand muffles my scream, my hand grapples on the floor, for something, anything as he brings the knife up to my cheek, his weight suffocating me and I hear Frank, slipping closer to me. My fingers brush something cold and metal, as I feel Frank's hand brush my ankle I grab the item, stabbing it into Tom's arm, he yells, falling away, the knife clattering down as I kick Frank's hand, racing from the kitchen I grab my wages from the counter, Pat is snoring on the table, shooting out the door I just run, my adrenaline spiked, my feet pound on the ground, the night air cooling the burning running though my body. Collapsing in an alleyway I force my lungs to work, the consequences of my actions start to sink in, I just stabbed two men. Sinking to the cold floor I try to control the panic attack but it hits hard and fast, flashes of blood and screams assault my senses, my hands grip my head tightly as I try to calm myself.

"Come on. You didn't kill them. They would have done worse to you." I chant softly, as my mind calms my arm flares in pain, suddenly I notice the blood dripping steadily to the cold concrete, inhaling deeply I push myself up the wall, my legs shaky, scanning around I quickly gather my surroundings before taking off back home, jumping at every noise. Finally I make it back home, rushing through the door I'm thankful to see the living room empty, grabbing a bandage from the first aid kit I quickly wrap my arm before heading to the kitchen, flicking on the light I can't stop the small scream of shock when Shea is stood right Infront of me.

"Woah! Chill Mia." Shea mutters, rolling her eyes.

"You nearly gave me a heart attack. Idiot." I joke, putting my wages in the kitchen drawer, grabbing a bottle of juice from the fridge.

"Oh by the way, your phone has been ringing non stop the past 40 minutes. Private number." I pause, the bottle half way to my lips.

"Where's Gracie?"

"Asleep in your bed." Shea replies frowning.

"Did Rose come round?"

"Yeah she did, actually seemed to get through to Gracie so that's a step in the right direction." We both look at my phone as it starts buzzing again, my heart beats fast.

"Go set up a movie. IL see whose calling, probably Rose." Shea shrugs, buying that explanation as she wanders off. Picking up my phone I shakily press answer, holding it to my ear I wait.

"So you do know how to answer a phone." Alex's husky voice whispers down the phone, I bite my lip as my heart races.

"Hey. I was working."

"It's 11pm."

"It's a diner that usually opens till 2. What do you want?" I sigh, a headache forming and my arm is stinging.

"I want you to meet me tomorrow for coffee." His demand makes me bristle slightly, but I bite down my snarky retort.

"Where and when? Are you expecting me to bring anything?"

"Only yourself, we have much to discuss Mia and I look forward to starting our conversation. Meet me at The Cellar at 7pm." The line goes dead before I can protest, placing my phone on the counter I trudge back into the living room.

"Everything okay?" Shea asks, eyes glued to the TV screen, undoing my hair I run my hand through it, feeling more exhausted than ever.

"Yeah, everything's fine. IL see you in the morning." Giving a slight wave I head into my room, padding quietly so I don't disturb Gracie who is sound asleep in the bed, after getting ready for bed I collapse under the sheets and fall into a deep dreamless sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 8K 44
***PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ THE FIRST AND SECOND BOOK BEFORE YOU READ THIS ONE*** The third and final installment in the A Vampire’s Heart series: V...
535K 11.8K 25
Hayley is thrown into a world of supernatural beings and danger but she doesn't care. After being abused by her dad for several years, she gets out a...
332K 11.7K 47
'Alex your brothers Missing. He was last seen in Woodward high school. You have to go. You are his only hope' 17 year old Alexandra woods, Alex for...
107K 4.5K 24
Sequel to A Vampires Slave A year has passed, too quickly, but not quickly enough. Lara has tried to get on with her life, staying positive even afte...