A Love Not Returned

By scottygirl900

Oliver is in love with Madison, and he will do anything to keep them together. Even if Madison doesn't see ho... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue

Chapter 21

1.2K 54 20
By scottygirl900

dedication to lebbymahmood, thanks for reading, voting, commenting and fanning! :D

“Ok sleepyheads, time to wake up.” The young man’s voice pulls me from my dreams far too quickly. I feel like I have had my eyes shut for only ten minutes or so. “We’re here. Time to get up.”

Reluctantly I open my eyes. Its dark outside still and looking at the clock it reads 4:22 a.m.

I thought he said it was an hour’s drive… Scott is still snoring in my ear, so I gently shake him, a bad feeling starting to emerge from my stomach. Still slightly groggy, I try to gather my thoughts together.

“Where are we? This…this isn’t town…” I look around but all I can see is a couple of fields, a house and a ba-…Oh no…no no no!

“Scott!” I startle him awake and both men pull out handguns and point them at us.

“What the he-” Scott starts, but quickly stops once we realizes where we are. I see Oliver come out of the house, followed quickly by Mac, who slams the screen shut. We… we aren’t free…we are back here…why? Why can’t we just get out of here?

Both men storm towards the car as the men in the car get out, guns still pointed at us through the glass. I look at Scott and see his eyes mirror exactly how I feel. He pulls me into a hard kiss, his lips moving fervently against mine. Both of our doors open, and I am pulled from Scotts embrace, strong hands gripping my arm and almost pulling it out of its socket.

Once out of the car, I am quickly thrown to the ground and kicked in my side, making me gasp in pain. I roll on my back, rocks digging into my skin, and I see Scott being dragged into the barn by Mac. Oliver looms over me, glaring into my eyes, his own filled with an anger I cannot describe.

“Well done guys, you will be rewarded. Now head inside and get some rest.” Oliver dismisses the men who brought us here, and they sheath their guns as they head towards the house. Oliver looks back at me and crouches down on his haunches by my head. I quickly move into a sitting position.

“Do you realize what you have done, Madison?” Oliver asks me and I shake my head no. I tried to escape your evil arse, is what I wanted to say, but I know that would makes things worse. He cocks his head to the side and I hear Scott yelp in pain from the barn. My eyes flash to the barn in worry. They quickly return to Oliver though.

“Well, no need to worry, you will find out.” He stands up, and grabs my hair, pulling me along with him towards the barn.

Once we enter I see Scott is handcuffed once again to the pipe, and blood is dripping from his nose once more. Adam is standing by his chair, fists clenched. He looks at me and anger fills his eyes. From the looks of his face, he got blamed for our escape.

“Handcuff her.” Oliver throws me to the ground and starts to pace erratically. Mac walks over and pulls me up by my arm roughly, and drags me towards the pipe opposite Scott. , all the while calling me some nasty names under his breath.

Soon enough, I am handcuffed to the pipe and Oliver stands in front of me, Mac beside Scott.

“Well, I am too tired to do this now, Madison. So luckily for you and Scott, you have a couple hours to rest up for the day ahead.” Oliver gets right in front of my face before continuing.

“Don’t you ever, ever try to leave me again Madison.” He punches me hard right in the gut, causing me to keel over as my body reacts to the hard blow. Grabbing my face, he lifts it up and plants a kiss on my lips hard. Not filled with love or passion, more like as payback for Scott kissing me. He tastes of alcohol still, but now the sickening taste of tobacco lingers in his mouth as well.

He finally breaks free from me and immediately slaps me across the cheek. He walks towards the door, fists clenched and back tense.

“Neither of you leave this barn!” Oliver yells over his shoulder to Mac and Adam. Once he is gone, I look back at the men in the barn with me, to find them all staring at me.

Scott looks horrible. The hope that brought the light back into his eyes is now gone. The chocolate brown I have grown to love over the years turning cold, but not as dark as Mac’s dark brown eyes. Scott looks at me and tears fall into place down his cheeks; I know he has now lost all hope.

Mac looks pissed off, of course, but there is a hint of amusement behind his dark, cold eyes as well. He knows something, and I am quite afraid of what it is. Only pain, fear, and death seem to amuse Mac.

Adam looks…mad. At himself, I’m sure, for falling asleep, leading to us being able to escape. If only for a couple of hours… Also, I’m sure he is mad at me. His face shows tell-tale signs of his brother punishing him for falling asleep.

I sigh loudly, defeated. What have I done? What is Oliver going to do? I’m so tired I just want to sleep…

“Can you at least move me to a different pipe? I would like some sleep.” I ask the men, looking at Mac and Adam, not sure who will help me. They both stare at each other for a minute, contemplating my question.

“No.” Mac replies, with a smirk on his face. Adam rolls his eyes and starts walking towards me. Relieved I stand up a little straighter. He walks right by me without looking in my eyes. He walks over to the table I laid on while he put my cast on and picks it up easily.

Adam plops the table down beside me. “Hop on.” His voice is low, and I quickly do what he says, never seeing him this angry before.

Once I am on the table he slides it under me more, and I center myself in the middle.

“Thank you.” I quietly tell him, he doesn’t respond, he just stomps over to the chair and sits in it.

“Always the softie...” Mac coos at Adam, which makes Adam give him a withering glare. Mac chuckles and looks away. Looking back at Scott, my heart is torn.

We were so close…what was the point of the last few hours? Going all that distance, encountering those frightening wolves, just to end up back here? I thought we were free…

I close my eyes, not sure if I will sleep or not, but it’s too hard to stare at Scott, not being able to say anything, but our eyes saying it all. My head hangs low in shame, disappointed at how close we came.

Eventually, I fall into a restless sleep, my body aching and uncomfortable on the hard, cold table. In my dreams, I am running a lot. Scott leaves me behind and runs away with a faceless woman, hand in hand. The wolves chase after me, blending in and out with the darkness of the night. I don’t know where I am going, and I am lost on the dirt road. The moon gives no light; instead it darkens to an eerie red-black color, raising goose bumps on my arms.

One of the wolves turns into Oliver, an evil grin is plastered on his face. His eyes are wide and dark. Blood starts to dribble out of the corner of his mouth, making my stomach wrench in disgust. He walks closer to me, and as his hands reach for my neck, the pack of wolves start howling. His fingers start to wrap around my neck and the pack of wolves jump on me, their soft fur tickling my skin as their teeth snap at my face…

I wake with a gasp. A small sheen of sweat lightly covering my skin, making my dress and blanket stick to me. Wait, blanket? I look down and a blanket is wrapped around my shoulders, which is good because even with it I feel cold in the dawn.

Looking around, seems the night has been uneventful. Scott still hangs limply from the handcuffs, Mac is sitting in the chair by the wall, and Adam is standing by the barn door. Light filters through the door, making the hay turn a golden yellow, the dust molecules floating through the air without destination.

“Whatever happens…” my voice croaks, not sure what I was going to say but needing to give some solace to Scott and myself.  “Whatever happens, know that I never stopped loving you…even when I found out…about her.”

Scott looks up at me with a blank expression on his face. I was hoping my confession would spark some life into him; even a smile would be pleasing at this point.

“Scott?” I try to break him out of his reverie; he is deep in thought, and when I call his name again he drops his eyes to the floor.

“I don’t deserve you…” Scott’s words are barely audible, but are heard by everyone in the room. Adam lets out a low chuckle and turns, starting to walk towards Scott with a smile on his lips. I don’t like that look, he looks sinister, and distant.

“Are you a reader Scott? Probably not. You don’t look like a reader, must be a movie watcher. So have you seen The Hunger Games?” Adam has stopped a couple of feet away from Scott and stares at him intently. Scott slowly nods his head a couple of times.

“Oh good! Say you remember Haymitch, yes?” Scott nods his head once more. “Ok, so I’m going to answer your statement since Madison can’t seem to find her voice. In the words of Haymitch, ‘You could live a thousand lifetimes and still not deserve her.’” Adam looks livid with Scott as Scott just stares at him, mouth open.

Adam finally looks at me, and I shoot him a glare, he is not helping this situation. He simply shrugs his shoulders at me.

“Well, he doesn’t.” He turns and walks away before I can try to read the look on his face. I look back to Scott, and his head is hanging defeated while he stares into the floor. I have no energy to even try to make him feel better.

“Good thing your back, Madison,” Mac says my name like it’s something vile on his tongue. “We would have been so bored without your amusing interactions.”

I roll my eyes at him but refuse to answer; I refuse to give into what he wants. The sound of a screen door slamming shut pricks my ears and I find myself staring at the barn door in fear. Oliver is awake and coming out here, more than likely.

I concentrate on controlling my breathing, taking big gulps of air in and out. Sure enough Oliver saunters into the barn with a smile on his face.

“Good morning my beautiful love! I trust you got some sleep, yes?” Oliver’s mood is far too good, and this pisses me off.

“How could I not out here in the cold, handcuffed to a pipe and sitting on a hard table?” I lay the sarcasm on thick, he seems to be the only one in a good mood and I have an itch to spoil it. He reaches me and cocks his head to the side, eyes sparkling.

“I’m going to ignore your sarcasm. Remember my rules?” Oliver asks me, like I could forget. They are forever ingrained on my brain. “Good.” He bends down and kisses me softly, forcing my lips to move with his. I clench my hands into fists, resisting the urge to go lifeless under his touch.

He sighs happily and pulls away from me, resting a hand on my thigh. I bite my lower lip to stop it from trembling. Adam has slowly made his way closer to us, unable to not hear whatever it is Oliver has planned.

“Mac, the sunset mission was a success.” Oliver grins at Mac, who in return grins back. Mac seems quite happy at this news. My stomach flips at it however, knowing what his last mission was I can’t imagine what he has got himself into this time.

Adam is stiff and is now on the other side of me, avoiding my eye contact. There is far too much happening, and my mind is scrambling to keep up with it all.

“Before we go into details about that though, we have some unfinished business from last night.” This makes Scott lift his head and study the room of people. I look at Oliver, knowing full well that punishment is coming, and I have a sickening feeling it’s going to be bad, really bad.

Oliver looks at me first, smiling sweetly. His eyes start to turn dark, making my heart beat faster, my breaths become shallower. I have seen this look before and I usually end up black and blue, with a broken rib, or leg.

“Oliver…” I open my mouth to plead with him but his name comes out a small squeak. He lifts his hand and gingerly strokes my cheek, catching the stray tear that has escaped the shelter of my eye. I look quickly at Mac, who is amused and seems to even be excited.

Next I look at Adam who is burning holes into the walls, fists clenched and muscles tense. Scott gets my final look and he seems to be frozen. Everyone knows what’s going to happen, they just don’t know to what extreme, and neither do I, which frightens me the most.

I look back at Oliver, and his eyes seemed to have turned even darker, if that was even possible. I feel like I can see into his soul when I look in his eyes, and it’s dark, and empty, void of any light. He reaches behind his back and pulls out the long hunting knife I know far too well. I let out a gasp and pull back against my restraints, trying to get as far from Oliver as possible.

“Mac, remember what we talked about?” Oliver’s eyes don’t leave mine as he talks to Mac. His voice is low and gruff.

“Of course.” Is Mac’s eager reply.

“It’s time.” Oliver’s mouth twists into a sickening half smile as his eyes flick down to my bare legs. I still have on the stupid dress that he picked out for me what seemed like ages ago.

Mac makes his way over to me and undoes the handcuffs from the pipe, leaving them dangling around my wrists. My arms drop to my side, tired and sore. Mac catches them and pulls them behind me, grasping them in one hand, while with the other he clips the other end of the handcuffs to the opposite wrist.

Now I am double handcuffed, maybe for the sole purpose of not wanting to take the time to remove one pair. Mac pats my back and walks over to Scott. He pulls out his gun and quickly fires a shot into his leg. Scott cries out in pain and I go to leap off the table and run to him.

I end up on my face, forgetting momentarily in my haste that I am handcuffed. Pain shoots through my hips, which I used to break my fall. I hear Oliver sigh dramatically before I feel him lift me back on top of the table.

Scott is cussing under his breath while Mac points the gun at his head now.

“That was a warning shot, Madi.” Oliver talks slowly to me.

“A warning for wh-what?” I ask hesitantly, not really wanting to know.

“I’m going to have some fun with you love, and if you try to leave again, Mac won’t hesitate to shoot Scott in the head.” I squeeze my eyes shut, my dream of Scott dying in my arms coming back to haunt me. I lost him once I don’t think I could lose him again.

“This is for us, Madison. Remember that.” Oliver’s voice makes me jump; he has leaned in and is speaking in my ear. He quickly pecks a kiss on my cheek before retrieving his knife from the floor. I’m assuming he put it down when he picked me up.

“Lay down.” Oliver directs me; I open my eyes and look at Adam for help. He stands at the end of the table breathing heavily, hands clenched, jaw tight. Looking back at Oliver I see his smile slowly fading and I quickly twist and squirm my body into lying down. My dress slides up slightly, exposing most of my thighs.

Oliver walks over to my legs and trails the knife down from the hem of my dress to my ankle. The cool metal tip digs into my skin slightly, but not enough to draw blood. I look at Oliver and see the excitement in his eyes as the knife rakes over my skin, back and forth on my thigh now.

He pushes my legs apart slightly, and a grin presses onto his face. He grabs hold of my right knee, locking it into position. He quickly looks at me, and the darkness in his eyes makes my breath catch in my throat.

“It can be an ugly business doing one’s duty, but once in a while, it can be such a pleasure.” I have heard that before somewhere. I don’t have time to remember where because he turns back to my leg and presses the knife deep into my thigh.

My chest rises off the table with each stroke of the blade. I feel blood dripping down onto the table, but I keep my eyes squeezed shut and my teeth clenched.

Scott is yelling at Oliver, but he works quickly, the knife constantly digging into the flesh on my thigh. I feel my skin ripping and the blood oozing out. It feels like the knife gets deeper with each cut, and finally when I can’t take anymore I let a whimper escape between my clenched teeth.

I try to wiggle away from the knife, but Oliver’s grip is so strong I can’t move beneath it. I hear Oliver take a loud step back to admire his work. Grudgingly, I open my eyes. I see Oliver staring at me wildly, his hands covered in blood, my blood.

Then I notice the sickening copper smell in the air. I try my hardest not to look at my leg, but my eyes find their way there on their own accord. I draw in a large gulp of air as I close my eyes once more. In big block letters, covering the length of my knee to my panty line, on the inside of my thigh are the words ‘YOU ARE MINE’.

The blood trickles down my leg and I am acutely aware of the throbbing sensation coursing through my right thigh.

“Open your eyes Madison. This is the best part.” Oliver instructs me and I slowly pry my eyes open, tears pooling quickly at the surface.

Oliver pulls me into a sitting position, stabilizing me because the table is slippery from my blood. My right thigh is on fire and my left leg dangles awkwardly off the table because of my cast. What will he take next from me? Mac walks away from Scott and is behind me now, undoing one of each handcuff.

“This is Scott’s punishment for trying to take you from me. Now, it’s time for your punishment, Madison.” Instantly the pain in my body is gone. Behind me, Mac snaps the handcuffs back onto the pipe above my head.

“Oliver. Please don’t…” My voice is hoarse, which makes Oliver smile.

“You shouldn’t have tried to get away Madison.” Oliver walks over to Scott and positions himself behind him.

“Scott, before I punish Madison, I want you to know something.” Scott is tense and waiting his punishment and Oliver draws out the silence, making a dramatic effect on his words.

“Every night, I am going to lie beside your wife in bed,” I try to shut out the words Oliver is saying but I can’t help it. They ring so clear and loud in the morning light. “And I am going to make sweet love to her, whether she wants it or not.” My lip starts quivering again, so I bite down on it hard, I cannot be weak. I have to be strong for Scott.

“I am going to use and abuse her body for my pleasure, and there is nothing,” Oliver looks at me as he finishes his spiel. “You can do about it.”

Scott’s nose is flaring as his chest falls and rises quickly.

“You sick fu-” As Scott talks, Oliver quickly pulls his hunting knife back out and plunges it into his chest, causing Scott to stop mid-sentence.

“No!” I scream at Oliver and jump off the table, ignoring the feeling in my legs. The only thing I feel is my chest being crushed by some invisible weight. I can’t breathe, and my heart is twisting and turning inside me. My screams are soon replaced with desperate sobs as I watch the color drain from Scott’s face.

His eyes are fixed on me, and I mouth the words ‘I love you’ to him. He smiles slightly, and then quickly starts to choke on his blood. He coughs, blood spattering the hay in front of him.

“Help him! Please! No Scott, no don’t leave me! Please!” I look around the room wildly, no one is helping him! Oliver is smiling, and Mac is laughing. Adam is walking out of the barn his back tense, and on the way out he punches the wall, shattering the wood and leaving a hole.

I watch as my husband takes his last breath, and hangs lifelessly from the pipe, blood pooling around his feet. No… spots swim in my vision and I fight them off as best as I can. He can’t be dead… he just can’t.

The spots take over and soon I can’t see a thing. The only thing I hear over and over in my head is the muffled scream Scott made when Oliver’s knife plunged into his chest cavity.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 195K 101
βœ… "We always long for the forbidden things." 𝐝𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐒𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞π₯ β†― βš”οΈŽ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴏɴᴇ α΄€Ι΄α΄… ᴛᴑᴏ ᴄᴏᴍʙΙͺɴᴇᴅ βš”οΈŽ ...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
92.2K 2.9K 51
π’π‚π‡πŽπŽπ‹ 𝐁𝐔𝐒 π†π‘π€π•π„π˜π€π‘πƒ "πšπš‘πšŽ πš‹πšŽπšœπš 𝚠𝚊𝚒 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚘, πš’πšœ πš’πš— πšœπšπš’πš•πšŽ. πš†πš‘πšŠπšπšœ πš–πš˜πš›πšŽ πšœπšπš’πš•πš’πšœπš‘ πšπš‘πšŠπš— 𝚊 πš–πš˜πš...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ α΄›Κœα΄‡ α΄α΄κœ±α΄› ʀᴇᴀᴅ κœ±α΄›α΄€Κ€ α΄‘α΄€Κ€κœ± κœ°α΄€Ι΄κœ°Ιͺα΄„α΄›Ιͺᴏɴ ᴏɴ α΄‘α΄€α΄›α΄›α΄˜α΄€α΄… ⭐️ ʜΙͺΙ’Κœα΄‡κœ±α΄› Κ€α΄€Ι΄α΄‹Ιͺɴɒꜱ ꜱᴏ κœ°α΄€Κ€: #1 ΙͺΙ΄ κœ±α΄›α΄€Κ€ α΄‘α΄€Κ€κœ± (2017) #1 ΙͺΙ΄ α΄‹ΚΚŸα΄ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...