Gourmet Goddess (Toriko!Vario...

By OtakuGirlInAnimeland

It is said that a young girl was born into the world with an insurmountable gift. One that could shape the ve... More

~Ch.1: A Reunion Long Overdue~
~Ch.2: The Baron Archipelago~
🍽Reader Profile🍽
~Ch.3: The Rainbow Fruit~
~Ch.4: Brawl in Biotope 8!~
~Ch.5: Meet the Gentleman of the Heavenly Four~
~Ch.6: In Search of the Puffer Whale~
~Ch.7: Dance of Death with a Devil Python~
~Ch.9: Brought Back to Life By Uncle Jiro~
~Ch.10: The Cavern Lagoon of the Puffer Whale~
~Ch.11: Biotope 1 Battle Arena~
~Ch.12: Battle Wolf & Culinarian Dragon~
~Ch.13: Breathing New Life~
~Ch.14: A Mother's Love~
~Ch.15: Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Scorned~
~Ch.16: Battle Won, Loses Suffered~
~Ch.17: In Search of the Regal Mammoth~
~Ch.18: Sunny's Sensors~
~Ch.19: Forced to Split~
~Ch.20: Scattered Amongst Biotope 1~
~Ch.21: The Devils' Playground is No Place to Play~
~Ch.22: Scaling the Regal Wall~
~Ch.23: Unexpected Backup~
~Ch.24: Here Comes Trouble~
~Ch.25: Into the Regal Mammoth~
🍽Ch.26: Rumbly in the Mammoth's Tumbly🍽
🍽Ch.27: Approach the Jewel Meat with Caution🍽
Ch.28: Gourmet Goddess on Her Last Legs?!
Ch.29: Unlikely Assist
Ch.30: Super Toriko & the SweetsBeasts
Ch.31: Feast Upon a Food Treasure

~Ch. 8: Devil Python's Defeat~

1.6K 52 0
By OtakuGirlInAnimeland

The two Heavenly Kings hold their gaze with the Devil Python.

Toriko then begins to power up for his secret move. His right arm bulging with more muscle than the rest of his body. His arm was also giving off a higher body temperature, earning the full attention of the reptilian beast.

"Is this where you prove you haven't devoted yourself to being a Gourmet Hunter just for show?" Coco jokes.

"It'll take a little time for me to build up the power." Toriko replies.

"While you do that, I'll make sure to stop it from moving."

"It's been a while since you used your poison powers. . .Don't you think you might be a little rusty?" The blue-haired Heavenly King teases.

Coco chuckles. "If you have the free time to worry about me, then concentrate more on building up more power!" He remarks before leaping into action. "Here I come, Devil Python!"

The serpentine beast stretches a clawed leg at the poison man but the latter dodges.

Once in the direct vicinity of the Devil Python's pit organs, Coco gathers poison to his hand causing it to turn into that darker shade of purple like before. He outstretches his hand, fingers aimed at the beast. "POISON RIFLE!" From his index, middle, and ring fingers shoot a bullet of poison. The poison connects with their intended targets causing the Devil Python to rear back in pain.

"All right!" Coco lands safely back on his feet. It's only a tiny amount, so it'll take a bit to take effect, but that sticky poison should completely shut down its pit organs! Coco coats more poison around his entire arm. It can't see me now.

The Devil Python looks from side to side searching for its prey.

Once more, Coco gathers his poison at his hand. "POISON CANNON!"

The poison shoots out from his hand, but the beast had a trick up its sleeve. It nabs Coco just seconds after his attack is fired.

"What? It had more than three pit organs? It was hiding the others, closed, all this time?" Coco's enhanced sight picks up the locations of the newly opened pit organs but can do nothing about it while ensnared in the Devil Python's clutches.

The reptilian beast's maw begins to fill up with more green toxic liquids.

To combat this, Coco begins to secrete more poison from his skin to envelope his entire body. "Poison Skin!"

The Devil Python spews the acidic liquid on its entrapped prey.

"Coco!" Toriko calls out.

But thanks to the protective layer of poison around him, Coco comes out unharmed. "Poison Skin. . .I consume a great amount of poison inside my body and cover my body in a thin layer of poison. That way, I should be able to defend against the dissolving fluid. This is bad. . .My poison is going to run out before it penetrates the Devil Python." Coco's protective layer of poison the dissipates. He manages to free his arm from the beast's vice grip around him. "Poison Cannon!"

With its flexible body, the Devil Python is able to dodge the attack while still keeping its hold on Coco. At the same time, it attacks Coco with numerous strands of its mane which are tipped with needle-like attachments.

Once dug into his skin, the Devil Python's poison begins injecting into him in huge draughts that could kill a normal person in an instant.

Coco exclaims from the pain.

"Coco!" Toriko shouts, worriedly. "Oh, no! It's pumping poison into him using its hair as needles!"

"Stay back, Toriko!" Coco orders. Though the situation he's in isn't ideal, Coco manages to smile through the pain at Toriko. "I thought you said you were concentrating on build up power. . ."

"Coco! You have antibodies for the Devil Python's poison?" Toriko questions.

"No, I don't." Coco replies without hesitation. "However. . ." Coco summons his Appetite Demon, which then envelopes the reptilian beast.

"Coco!"

Coco's expression twists into one of agonizing pain as veins begin to bulge and throb along his neck and body. Extreme pain. . .Hallucinogenic. . .Hemorrhaging poison. . .I've deciphered over 100 different proteins in the Devil Python's poison. . .I've completed the manufacturing of antibodies using my special immunity powers! Coco's mind is no longer pain-filled, but of confidence. "If I don't have antibodies, then I just have to make them!" Coco's body begin to give off a light purple glow. "Because. . .I'm a poisonous man." Coco then forces the antibodies building in his body back through the Devil Python's needle follicles and into its body. It roars in pain at the invading forces within its body.

"How do you like the taste of my poison ad the antibodies I created?" Coco remarks.

The reptilian beast trembles in agony before it freezes up entirely.

"Okay, Toriko." Coco give the 'go ahead'.

Toriko's entire right arm is now bulged with muscle and giving off steam. "Right! Good work."

"I can finally see the shadow of death on it. . ." Coco gazes at the dark aura emanating from the Devil Python.

Toriko roars a battle cry. "Five-Fold. . .Spiked Punch!" The buildup of power from the punch caused a hollow to imprint itself on the Devil Python's hide.

"One!"

"Two!"

"Three!"

"Four!"

"Five!"

"Burst!"

The serpent beast is then flung unto the cave roof, releasing its hold on Coco.

Toriko catches him with his unused arm since his right one is currently numbed from the attack. "Tired, Coco?"

Behind them falls the body of the defeated Devil Python.

The slightly beaten-up Coco smiles at his friend. "Yeah. . .I guess my body's gotten weak from just telling fortunes all the time. . .I'm a little winded. . ."

Toriko chuckles.

In a short time, Toriko had sliced up the Devil Python into enormous portions.

"You're able to do five in a row?" Coco asks regarding Toriko's attack. "I guess you need it, searching for such high-level ingredients. . .No telling how strong (First Name)'s gotten over the years. We better hurry and join her in finding Komatsu-kun, Gumimin and Macaronia!"

Toriko approaches one of the huge chunks of Devil Python meat. "How should we carry this?"

"We can worry about that later." Coco urges.

"We can't just leave it here! Someone else might eat it." Toriko reasons.

"My poison is in it, so it can't be eaten unless it's cooked first." Coco argues. "The beasts shouldn't give it a second look. Besides, we have to hurry and catch up with (First Name) and find Komatsu-kun and the Sweetspets!"

Toriko isn't listening, on the other hand. "Just have to cook it, eh?"

"Hey, Toriko!"

"I told you already, Komatsu's fine!" Toriko replies blasé.

"Eh?"

"Even if (First Name) doesn't get to him in time, I handed him a secret weapon to use if he ever got into a jam by himself."

🥢🍴

Komatsu gapes at the terrifying sight before him.

"Y-You're kidding me! Why is there one here, too?" The burly Bishokuya that kidnapped Komatsu, and unknowingly the Sweetspets, exclaims.

"No way!" Shouts Komatsu.

Another Devil Python appears from around the corner of the cave path the Bishokuya was taking.

"(First Name)-nee-san! Toriko-san!" The small chef screams from the top of his lungs.

🍒🍡(First Name)! Toriko! Coco! Anyone! SAVE UUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSS!🍡🍒 Macaronia and Gumimin exclaim.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.1K 808 45
Ao is known as the Gourmet Queen, she's a Bishokuya(gourmet hunter)on the same level as the Heavenly Kings, however when her father told her to pick...
5.5K 200 35
"Have you been lost before? If so, you are capable of understanding how confusing that is. This life represents the core of confusion, especially fo...
664 25 23
Imagine a world full of "Gifts"... Well, not a present but a special type of power. A power of a "Gift". Imagine a world that builds around these "Gi...
113 3 6
A curse that never would meet the embrace of death, bonds with lonely girl in a moment of desperate, give to each other a bit more of will to live...