sunsets // m.c [DISCONTINUED]

-smileycathy द्वारा

[ mitchel cave ] it was all she really found comfort in. nothing more, nothing less. sunsets were capable of... अधिक

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 41
chapter 42

chapter 40

238 14 2
-smileycathy द्वारा

"Hey, Jesse," Reese greeted as she sat across from the drummer. They decided to hang out today at a nearby restaurant since the rest of the band had stuff to take care of.

"Reese," Jesse smiled once he looked up at her. "Good to see ya. It's been a while since we hung out alone."

"Yeah, I know," the small girl laughed, nodding her head in agreement. "How are things?"

"It's been alright," he shrugged, pausing for a moment. "Clinton and Mitchel still aren't talking to one another. Don't know how they're doing right now."

The brunette sighed at what she was told. She hoped they wouldn't keep this going forever. Though she was also still a little upset at Clinton, she couldn't help but feel like the silent treatment going on between them has gone on quite long. It's been two weeks since the party and the whole incident.

"Still?" She furrowed her eyebrows, frowning slightly. "Isn't this starting to affect the way they work with each other in the studio?"

"Kind of," Jesse shrugged softly. He took a sip of his drink and looked at the busy street to his right. "They've been having frequent arguments over little things. It's getting kind of annoying to put up with, but Kras, Pat, and I are just hoping it blows over soon."

"Me too," Reese said as she shook her head once. "Hey, I'll be back. Gonna go order something."

"Alright, take your time," Jesse nodded as Reese stood up. She made her way inside the small shop and got in line. The small girl eyed the area while waiting, admiring how nice it looked. Once she finally reached the counter, she told the cashier what she wanted and paid.

As she walked out, she saw Jesse with his phone to his ear and his hand on his forehead, looking distressed. Her eyebrows furrowed slightly, curious as to what could have happened that shifted his mood.

"Hey, you okay?" She asked immediately, taking her seat. The drummer looked up at her in silence, letting out a sigh. Reese observed him as his eyes turned away.

"Well, what are we going to do?" Jesse asked, clearly losing his patience. "We need to get stuff done. Why can't they separate their personal issues from work? Fine, fine. I'll be down there soon." As soon as he hung up, Reese's eyebrows raised questioningly.

"Mitchel and Clinton?" She asked. All Jesse could do was nod.

"I have to head down there right now. Kras and Pat did what they could but they can't seem to work without causing issues."

"Let me come with you," the small girl sighed shakily. "Please."

"Reese, I–"

"Please."

After a few seconds, Jesse looked away as he shook his head before looking back at her. "Fine."

***

Jesse and Reese walked into the building, immediately hearing the yelling from the hallway. The drummer rolled his eyes and let out a huff as he quickly made his way over to the door. He swung the door open and saw Mitchel and Clinton standing face to face as they yelled.

"Mitchel, stop doing this—"

"No, don't fucking tell me what to do, Christian," the braided boy yelled, turning his attention away from his brother. Jesse and Reese standing in the doorway immediately caught his attention as well as everyone else's. "Why are you two here?" Reese was taken aback by his reaction.

"You need to calm the fuck down, mate," Jesse said, holding his hand out. "This is getting way out of hand. To be honest, it's getting annoying."

"You'd be pretty fucking pissed as well if your sibling decides to pull some fuck shit and mess with you," the braided boy said as he raised his voice. "And this also goes way beyond what happened at the party."

"No it doesn't," Clinton jumped in, scoffing. "It has everything to do with what I did."

"You shut the fuck up!"

"Guys!" Reese jumped in, stepping up from behind Jesse. She let out a soft breath before continuing. "Please stop, this is going way too far and your work is starting to get affected by this." Everyone remained quiet. Mitchel was glaring at his brother, letting out quiet but heavy breaths.

"Reese, come with me," Mitchel muttered, grabbing her by the elbow without hurting her. He made his way out the door with her right behind him.

"What's wrong?" The small girl asked softly once they were far enough, putting her hand on his cheek to make him look at her. He looked her in the eyes sadly.

The braided boy took a deep breath and closed his eyes, which caused a few tears to flow free. He leaned his head against the wall behind him and swallowed.

"I'm sorry, Reese," he finally let out, his voice cracking slightly. "I didn't mean for it to go this far."

"I know you don't mean any of this," Reese responded, pausing for a moment. "But sometimes you've got to forgive, let things go and move on. It's better that way."

"It's just so hard to do," Mitchel looked down at the ground, refusing to make eye contact with his girlfriend.

"Yeah, it is, but if others can do it, so can you," the girl sighed, taking a step closer to her boyfriend. "I love you, Mitchel. Please, be the bigger person and just forgive. You don't have to forget."

After about a minute of silence, Mitchel finally looked at Reese, sighing softly, before nodding his head. The small girl felt like all the weight she held on her shoulders have been lifted. A soft smile began to form on her lips as Mitchel immediately pulled her in for a hug.

"Thank you," he whispered while still holding Reese. "For everything."

"Always, Mitchel," Reese responded quietly. "For you."

They made their way back toward the studio, hands intertwined, in comfortable silence. The braided boy finally calmed himself down and began thinking of what he'd say to Clinton. Soon enough, he was brought out of his thoughts once he heard the opening of a door.

Reese walked into the room first, eyeing everyone that was there before sending them a soft smile and taking a seat on the couch. Clinton was the only one who didn't look up at his brother and the small girl. Mitchel sighed, looking at his girlfriend before making his way over toward the older man.

"Can we talk?" The braided boy asked quietly, glancing up at his brother before looking away once more. All he received in response was a soft hum. Mitchel led the way and they walked out of the room.

Silenced lingered between the brothers for a moment as they thought of what they were both going to say. Clinton eyed the braided boy for a while before speaking up.

"Mitchel," he started, catching the other Australian's attention. "I'm sorry for everything recently." The braided boy softly sighed in relief, feeling the weight on his shoulders lifting.

"I'm sorry, too, Clinton," Mitchel's lips slowly formed a soft smile as he looked at his brother, feeling a sense of joy. "Things have been... hectic. And I know we should've put this behind us sooner, but we're both stubborn as fuck." The older man chuckled softly at his brother's comment, knowing it was true. "So, we're good, yeah?"

"Yeah," Clinton smiled, making eye contact with Mitchel for a few seconds. "We're good."

The two dismissed the conversation and made their way back to the others with smiles on their faces, relief flowing through them both. Clinton lightly patted Mitchel's back a few times as they walked, immediately talking about the songs they've made as of lately and how excited he was.

[ a/n ]: it's been too long! i'm glad to be back! :)

so sorry for the long wait, everyone. it took some time and a lot of motivation, but here it is!

the book's coming to an end soon, only 5 chapters left to go. it's been nearly a whole year since i published this book, too. :) all the love to everyone who has took time out of their days to read this book. thank you so much. <3

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

84.4K 2K 21
"Baby girl you need to find your daddy" "What if I found one?" "Very bad choice, kitten." -firstly sexual and then dramatic. stay in you seat and g...
36.5K 1K 31
"ℑ𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔟𝔬𝔶𝔣𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔫𝔡 ℌ𝔢 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔴𝔞𝔱𝔠𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔞𝔤𝔞𝔦𝔫, 𝔤𝔦𝔯𝔩 ℑ 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔨 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔥𝔢'𝔰 𝔬𝔫𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔢 𝔗𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔡𝔬�...
23.5K 749 32
Eighteen year old Alexis Stocklin finds out she's pregnant one night in early September. She'd be thrilled if she was older, financially stable, and...
40.6K 432 20
"𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄'𝙢 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙭𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨" ★ 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞...