chapter 10

Mitchel's eyes slowly opened and he was greeted by the sight of his drawer. The braided boy pushed himself up and sighed, blinking a few times to wake himself up. He thought of what day it was and remembered he was going out with Reese to properly get to know her.

A smile began to form on his lips as he sat up. He rubbed his face harshly and yawned, stretching his arms. A knock at his door made him jump slightly as. Once the door opened, Clinton poked his head through.

"Yo," he started. "You going anywhere today?"

"Yeah. Kinda have to do something," Mitchel explained.

"Shit," Clinton muttered, looking down. He thought for a moment before speaking up again. "What time do you think you'll be back?" Mitchel closed his eyes and sighed.

"Not sure. Why though? You got something planned?"

"Yeah. Wanted to see if you'd be down to come with Christian and I to the pub later," Clinton explained, leaning against Mitchel's door frame.

Mitchel hummed. "I'll try to be back before eight so we can go."

"Alright, that works," the older Cave brother nodded, standing up straight. There was a moment of silence before a question came to him. "If you don't mind me asking, where are you going?"

"Getting coffee with a friend," Mitchel replied, trying to keep it slightly a secret. He was going out for coffee with someone, but he didn't say who. However, the braided boy knew his older brother would be curious.

"Who?" As expected, Mitchel laughed at his brother's curiosity.

"I can't say for now," Mitchel replied, looking at Clinton in the eyes lazily. "You'll find out, just let me be for now, though." Clinton stood there, giving him a blank stare for a few seconds before shaking his head.

"Hiding things from me, I see," he said, chuckling softly. "Well, I'll leave you to it." With that, Clinton closed Mitchel's door, leaving him alone.

Mitchel felt bad for keeping things from his brother, but he knew he had to. After what happened with Valentina, he's been scared to tell his family and band mates anything about a girl. He felt as if he can no longer trust anyone, really. But with Reese, it was different in a way. However, he can't trust that she'll be any different yet. For all he knew, she'd turn out the same as Valentina. The thought sent chills down his spine.

After a long while of being stuck in his thoughts, Mitchel shook his head and got up to get ready. He knew he'd be late if he kept this up, and he didn't want to disappoint Reese.

He made his way toward his drawer, his feet padding across the floor lazily. The floor felt slightly cold against his feet, making him speed up when walking. Mitchel started to pick out what to wear. He didn't know what would be a good choice, so he decided to throw an outfit together; a loose black t-shirt, an orange hoodie, black jeans, and a pair of white converse.

Once he got his outfit settled, he exited his bedroom and walked down the hall to the bathroom. The braided boy started up the shower and looked himself in the mirror, sighing. He prayed today would go well.

After a moment of zoning out while looking at his reflection, he finally got undressed and stepped into the shower, feeling the warm water hit his skin.

Reese, on the other hand, continued to stare at her ceiling tiredly. Her body felt heavy whenever she'd try to push herself out of bed. It took a while before she finally managed to sit up and motivate herself to get ready. The brown haired girl's stomach let out a noise, signaling that she was hungry. She sighed to herself and slowly made her way out of her bedroom and down the stairs. Her feet padded softly against the cold, tiled floor, giving her a slightly comforting feeling.