chapter 40

"Hey, Jesse," Reese greeted as she sat across from the drummer. They decided to hang out today at a nearby restaurant since the rest of the band had stuff to take care of.

"Reese," Jesse smiled once he looked up at her. "Good to see ya. It's been a while since we hung out alone."

"Yeah, I know," the small girl laughed, nodding her head in agreement. "How are things?"

"It's been alright," he shrugged, pausing for a moment. "Clinton and Mitchel still aren't talking to one another. Don't know how they're doing right now."

The brunette sighed at what she was told. She hoped they wouldn't keep this going forever. Though she was also still a little upset at Clinton, she couldn't help but feel like the silent treatment going on between them has gone on quite long. It's been two weeks since the party and the whole incident.

"Still?" She furrowed her eyebrows, frowning slightly. "Isn't this starting to affect the way they work with each other in the studio?"

"Kind of," Jesse shrugged softly. He took a sip of his drink and looked at the busy street to his right. "They've been having frequent arguments over little things. It's getting kind of annoying to put up with, but Kras, Pat, and I are just hoping it blows over soon."

"Me too," Reese said as she shook her head once. "Hey, I'll be back. Gonna go order something."

"Alright, take your time," Jesse nodded as Reese stood up. She made her way inside the small shop and got in line. The small girl eyed the area while waiting, admiring how nice it looked. Once she finally reached the counter, she told the cashier what she wanted and paid.

As she walked out, she saw Jesse with his phone to his ear and his hand on his forehead, looking distressed. Her eyebrows furrowed slightly, curious as to what could have happened that shifted his mood.

"Hey, you okay?" She asked immediately, taking her seat. The drummer looked up at her in silence, letting out a sigh. Reese observed him as his eyes turned away.

"Well, what are we going to do?" Jesse asked, clearly losing his patience. "We need to get stuff done. Why can't they separate their personal issues from work? Fine, fine. I'll be down there soon." As soon as he hung up, Reese's eyebrows raised questioningly.

"Mitchel and Clinton?" She asked. All Jesse could do was nod.

"I have to head down there right now. Kras and Pat did what they could but they can't seem to work without causing issues."

"Let me come with you," the small girl sighed shakily. "Please."

"Reese, I–"

"Please."

After a few seconds, Jesse looked away as he shook his head before looking back at her. "Fine."

***

Jesse and Reese walked into the building, immediately hearing the yelling from the hallway. The drummer rolled his eyes and let out a huff as he quickly made his way over to the door. He swung the door open and saw Mitchel and Clinton standing face to face as they yelled.

"Mitchel, stop doing this—"

"No, don't fucking tell me what to do, Christian," the braided boy yelled, turning his attention away from his brother. Jesse and Reese standing in the doorway immediately caught his attention as well as everyone else's. "Why are you two here?" Reese was taken aback by his reaction.

"You need to calm the fuck down, mate," Jesse said, holding his hand out. "This is getting way out of hand. To be honest, it's getting annoying."