chapter 13

The next morning, Reese was greeted with the bright sun hitting her in the face, practically blinding her. She pulled her blanket over her head and let out a soft breath. Her legs began to throb in pain once she turned to face away from her window. The brunette groaned, trying her best to ignore the pain that rushed through her thighs.

Struggling to fall back asleep, the brown eyed girl threw her blankets off her body and stared at her ceiling angrily. She lost all sense of tiredness and decided to just lay there for a while. Memories from the day before started rushing through her mind, making her lips curl into a smile. Reese couldn't help the smile that was plastered on her face even if she wanted to try to stop it.

Muffled voices coming from the hallway interrupted the brunette's thoughts, causing her to shift her eyes from her ceiling to the wooden door. They sounded low. It was clear to Reese that it was her brother and her dad. Due to their deep but loud voices, their conversation could probably be heard next door. The small girl rolled her eyes, shifting around on her bed to face away from the door.

Unfortunately for her, the door swung open as her brother began to yell.

"Wake up, sloth!" Luke yelled loudly, making Reese quickly cover her ears with the palm of her hand and her pillow. She tried to press her right ear closer to her pillow to block out the loudness of her younger brother.

"Get out of my room, Luke," she muttered, closing her eyes. "I'm tired."

"Nah," the younger boy simply said, walking over to his sister's bed. He attempted to rip the blankets right off of Reese, but failed miserably as he nearly fell back. She was gripping the blanket as hard as she could, knowing he would pull something like this. Luke gasped as he nearly fell, quickly regaining balance. "Why don't you want to get up?"

"I said I'm tired," Reese replied, letting out a soft breath.

"It's noon," Luke rolled his eyes, dropping his shoulders. "You have to eat. Mom and dad want to go out later." Reese's eyes shot open once she heard those words. She quickly turned her body over and sat up.

"What?" She asked. "They want to go out?"

"Yes," her brother nodded. "They want to bring you along too."

"Where, though?"

"Probably to eat or something," Luke shrugged, unsure of where their parents wanted to go. "But get up, lazy ass."

"Shut up," the brunette glared at him, staying put in her bed. "I'll be out in a few. Now get out of my room." Without another word, Luke made his way out of the room, dashing out of there as quick as he could. Reese sighed to herself, sitting up slowly. Her body started aching which caused her to cringe slightly. She held her breath as she forced herself to stand up.

Figuring the pain wouldn't stop right away, Reese decided to walk as normally as she could. All the walking she did with Mitchel was starting to get to her for some odd reason. Once Mitchel popped up into her head, she remembered the hoodie he bought. She hung it behind her door and made her way over to where the hoodie was. She felt the soft material once more and felt a wave of comfort and happiness rush through her.

After a few moments, she decided she should go talk to her parents. She twisted the cold door knob and began to step out, being greeted by the bright sun shining through a window in the hallway. She squinted and raised her hand above her eyes to shield the sun away.

The voices of her parents and brother grew louder as she made her way to the staircase. The stairs creaked softly every time she took a step, slowly dragging the attention of her family members onto herself. Once she got to the bottom of the stairs, her feet padded over to the kitchen where everyone was at. The conversation they were having came to an abrupt stop by the time she entered the room.