chapter 36

"Wake up, sleepyheads!"

Reese's eyes fluttered open slowly as she shifted around to face where the voice was coming from. She squinted once the bright light from the hallway hit her. A heavy breath left her lips once a figure was in front of her. She could tell it was Christian from the hair and his voice.

"What?" She asked in a muffled voice, sounding raspy. Slowly, she pushed herself to sit up on the soft mattress.

"I said wake up, sleepyheads!" Christian repeated with a laugh.

"What time is it?" Her eyes traveled to look at Mitchel, who was still very much in a deep sleep. He looked so peaceful.

"It's five," the blonde Australian replied. "You two slept off practically the whole afternoon."

With a soft groan, Reese shifted herself to face Mitchel and tiredly shook him. "Mitty," she muttered. "It's five. We need to get up." The braided boy groaned into his pillow and shifted himself slightly.

"If you don't get up I'll do something," Christian said. He observed Mitchel for a few seconds and, when he didn't do anything, sighed. "Mitchel Charles Cave, you've got a party to host."

Once again, no response.

"Give us a few more minutes, Kras," Reese chuckled tiredly.

"Fine," the younger Australian rolled his eyes playfully and exited the bedroom, closing the door. The brunette let out a breath and laid back down next to Mitchel.

She looked up at the ceiling above her in the dark, her chest rising and falling slowly. All that ran through her mind was the thought of how they were now in a relationship. Her head turned to the side to face the back of Mitchel's head, a soft smile forming on her lips. After a few minutes of silence, she pushed herself off the bed once more and shook her boyfriend softly.

"Mitty," she whispered. "Wake up."

He groaned once more, but finally stirred and faced her, his eyes slowly opening. His eyebrows were furrowed when he looked her in the eyes.

"What time?" He asked with a raspy voice.

"It's about five," she softly said. Finally, the braided boy sat up as he let out a deep breath.

"Jeez, we slept that long?" Mitchel chuckled, causing Reese to do the same. She nodded her head as they both got out of bed.

"It was a good nap, though," she commented. "At least now we're well rested and ready for the party." They both walked out of the dark room and were greeted by the bright light coming from the hallway. Mitchel wrapped his arm around her as they walked down the stairs where music was already playing. They entered the kitchen and saw everyone there being occupied with something. It took a while before they got noticed.

'Well, look who's finally awake," Jesse smirked at the couple, his arms crossed while leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Shut up, Jesse," the braided boy chuckled. The drummer went back to talking to Pat, leaving Mitchel and Reese to find something to do.

***

It was starting to get dark outside, and people were finally showing up. Many were familiar faces to Mitchel but not to Reese. However, she didn't mind. They both knew she would mostly stick by the band anyway. Things were going smoothly so far into the night which put the braided boy in a good mood.

The brunette kind of felt weird being there if she had to be honest. It was mostly because she was never really fond of parties at all, but she stayed for Mitchel. She could tell from the wide smile that was plastered on his face since earlier that he was excited and she didn't want to upset him in any way.