Evil

By Euphonics

I go by Artemis Blythe. I'm an ex-soldier turned murderer. I was charged with thirty murders and was subseque... More

Reborn
Awaiting the Moment
Reward & Exhaustion
Merciless to Oneself
I'd Rather Die
A Test
Oh Great Hero!
Aren't I Merciful?
When Pigs Fly
Nightmare
Abyss Arena
Limbs Aren't My Only Assets
Rather Anticlimactic
Alliance
Power Up
First Meeting
We Caused It
Ain't No Rest for the Wicked
Mind-shattering
First Form
Earring
Heading Off
Night in the Woods
Hollow Mountain
Blue Heart
Felt Like a Grinch
OOOOOOOOOOOOOH!
You'll Come to Find...
Anger
We'll Chat Later in Hell
The Titan's Appetite
Sister
Easy Prey; Easy Reward
Caw!
White-Haired Girl
Shellsby Harbour
New Acquaintances
Suicidal Attack
Heart Skipped a Beat
Hope
Some Fun
Some Peace and Quiet
You're a Cruel One, Fate
Lord of the Skies!
So Many Things
A Little Mayhem
Tensions Rising; Relaxed Crusing
Collarbone
Profit
Option 1001
Illiad Round Table
Unsettled
Aqua Tira
One. Last. Gambit.
More
Preparation
Then Come.
Battle
With Ease
Tranquil Days
Inferior
Chatting
Out of the Shadows
You?
Ascension
Nothing Else
My Artemis
Redamancy
Not Over
Where to?
Kaiser Rhode
Scariest Part?
Pooling Desires (1/2)
The Entity
Pooling Desires (2/2)
Burnout
Rewarded
Expected
Needed To
What'll it Be?
What Makes Me Happy?
Play With My Food
My Name is Artemis Blythe

I Like That

1.5K 110 17
By Euphonics

I let out a laugh as I dropped my hands from her neck to the side,"I like that."

Her eyes turned from fear to confusion.

"I've noticed at least fifty trinkets hidden here prepared to save you and kill me. That circlet and all that jewellery should be countermeasures too. That man you sent to fetch me was most definitely at least rank 7 since you probably know about my reputation from Shellsby harbour. Though your acting did fool me for a split moment there, it's really rather difficult to mask that caution even with this imprint of the heart overwhelming your emotional state. Took me years to perfect, so I don't blame you for that slight blunder, really. It's best not to leave things to chance and fate, better to err on the side of caution than throw caution to the wind isn't that right?"

Her confusion turned to shock, then admiration, then joy as I continued,"Furthermore, whilst I do admit that this imprint of ours is very...Annoying. If I could withstand the torrent of emotions at just this rank 4 level of mine, surely a rank 8 could?"

Her eyes were filled with curiosity as she tilted her head,"How did you figure that out?"

"Who would be able to book a room in this place on such short notice seeing as I arrived without warning just hours ago other than someone who holds power here. There's only one person who comes to mind. Charlie Rhode, rank 8 and owner of Sinphony, Island of Cretia."

She giggled, locks of her black hair falling from her back and covering our faces from the world,"I always thought that my soulmate would be a rather dullish and unintelligent muck-up of a human. Turns out, fate has given me a Belle with smarts."

"Oh please, consider yourself lucky you didn't fall for fake love."

"Hm?" She tilted her head, curious to know more.

"I've just been dumped recently. A man who supposedly liked me actually had feelings for someone else. The fact that this happened just after I killed the rank 6s compounded my distaste for these emotional matters. To have a kindred soul who understands the annoyance that is this vague emotion you barely have control over, it is, how you say, comforting?"

She giggled as she moved off me, sitting down on the floor,"I suppose we can do away with the acting and testing the waters. Since you've decided to come here, surely you would have countermeasures in place to escape?"

"Most certainly. I can fly. You can't."

Her eyes sparkled at my words,"Oh yeah! I heard about that from my butler! Just how did you managed that?"

"Trade secret, Miss Rhode."

"Oh, just call me Charlie," She waved dismissively as a cheery smile blossomed on her face, eyes glittering as if she'd won the lottery,"No person is going around calling their friends using formalities!"

She was most definitely a good actor. Someone who was easygoing but could very well switch to cruel at the drop of a hat, a personality I took a huge liking to very quickly,"Artemis Blythe. A pleasure to meet you Charlie. Since you so warmly want to do away with formalities, do call me Artemis then."

"Artemis, is it? A pretty name befitting of a beautiful woman," She giggled, licking her lips,"If it hadn't been for that feisty attitude of yours, I'd have devoured you in bed already."

I rolled my eyes,"Please, I'm not a sex fiend. I haven't officially been with a boy since I turned what, thirteen, let alone have sex?"

"Oh, a virgin? I do love deflowering innocent boys and girls like you. Though I prefer more mature men and women. But! Talking about sex is rather boring wouldn't you say? How about we get to it already?"

"Unlike other horny men who drop want to their knees and women from brothels who need to drop to their knees, I'm not that keen on fucking, no."

"Could it be you are not aroused?"

"No, not particularly."

"Does my charming beauty not make you want to lose yourself in me?"

"I've seen plenty of handsome men and beautiful women and that narcissism isn't a good trait. I recommend not being full of yourself."

"That hurts my pride Artemis," She feigned hurt,"I really thought you'd like me."

"I enjoy the way you think. Your personality, while a little lustful, is just the kind of person I'd enjoy mind chatting with. As for being friends with benefits, I highly doubt it," I denied her, making her pride fall even lower,"Strange as it may seem to you, Charlie, I value inner beauty more than outer beauty. Show me that you actually want me through your actions and not simply words."

Her mouth formed an 'O' shape to express her understanding,"So you want to feel love?"

"There has to be an emotional incentive to start a mutual relationship, no? Things like money and power can only bring gold diggers and arranged marriages. I don't feel like rushing into another relationship headfirst due to my glaringly bad experiences in the past. So if you really do think I'm worth a shot, what about a trial run?"

Her ears perked at my question, bewitching eyes staring into my soul,"A trial run? Could you explain in further detail?"

"Think of it like a marriage of sorts. But without the commitment. So either one of us can just walk away without consequences. We can always do stuff together but respect personal boundaries unless we're both comfortable with it."

"That sounds...Interesting. It's a unique prospect. I suppose I don't mind it. Is there a term for this—Trial run thing?"

"Dating. It's called dating. You date me, if we find out later down the road that we like each other very much, it goes further down to marriage. If we do something idiotic to ruin it, we can just split. Of course, there's that mutual obligation to not do stuff like sleep around with others. Think of it as a buffer period between friendship and marriage to decide."

"Huh. So it's like a game of skill? I make the right moves and I get rich, I make wrong moves, I go lose everything?"

"Jackpot."

"Okay then, let's date. But what do we call each other? Lovers? Amours? Sweethearts? Darlings?"

At this point, I was just bullshitting with my prior knowledge being soap operas, love dramas, animated flicks and books. They made it so cheesy and romantic in movies and books but it was all very cut and dry for me right now. No emotional tension, just either acceptance or denial. Not that I hated that; Definite replies were much better than vague answers.

"Girlfriend, I suppose. We're girlfriends."

"What a weird mind you have girlfriend," She commented, peering at me as if I were an exotic animal,"I can't say I don't like it."

"What can I say? I'm not the norm."

"I do like exotic. Those ears of yours remind me of the xotika. Yet, I've never seen a xotika as refined and adorable as you. Just what race are you?"

"I'm human, though I've been called peculiar quite a few times in my lifetime. I do have a bit of bloodline from a couple other races from when I awakened during my ascension to rank 2 though."

"Oh? What bloodline did you awaken? Mine's faerie! It gave me stronger illusory powers and this beauty of mine." She flashed a wide smile, as if proud of her appearance. If it were any ordinary person, they would most definitely be spellbound, mesmerised by this temptress of a woman. Unfortunately for her, I wasn't 'any ordinary person'.

"I awakened three though I've yet to utilise two of them. Dragon, titan and colossi."

She was extremely intrigued to say the least, poking and prodding me both physically and verbally, asking questions as she examined my arms with her smooth as jade hands,"These imprints, just what are they? I've never seen such things, even my powers won't let me decipher them! If you tell me, I'll kiss you!"

"Trade secret."

"Spoilsport!" She grumbled, realising her tactic of seduction was rather ineffective against me,"Ooh! What this beautiful tattoo on your back?" She peeked down my shirt shamelessly, having zero boundaries. It seemed the previous moment's letdown had completely bounced off her happy-go-lucky persona.

Such a playful person, I knew, hid the mysterious, cautious, powerful and very much dangerous person that hid behind such a facade. Making her a friend, it would be a double-edged sword and I hoped I wouldn't end up cutting myself using it.

So thus, began my pseudo-relationship with Charlie Rhode, the enigmatic rank 8 magister and a woman of seductive charm and smarts. Dangerous, beautiful and powerful. These three traits, in my opinion, made a terrifying combo.

As to whether this would be a pitfall or a windfall, for now, only time would tell.

"Is it just me or is it getting hot in here?" She asked out loud.

"It's just you. The room's cold as the tundra so stop using it as an excuse to strip me." I deadpanned with an eye roll.

"What a prude."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4 1 5
Synopsis She was Born a Slave in a barbaric and savage world. All she has is her unique thinking of asking about her life. A trait that is seemingly...
6.9K 1.6K 39
'No, he didn't'. I was so shocked by the turn of events. Everything was going fine and then suddenly boom, everything turned upside down. I just coul...
11K 508 10
Greece. 7th century B.C. She's bathed in silk and gold. Her beauty beyond compare. Her combat skills even better then Artemisia herself. A god is wha...
889K 41.3K 143
Who knew the 21st century feared assassin, The Black Dragon would crossover to become the arrogant daughter of the Glacies Duke? Artemis Ray, 23, wa...