PIECES

By neshluigi

Liliana feels that all hope of ever finding love is gone. Finding a job and losing it, she finds herself work... More

Chapter 1
authors note
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15

chapter 7

89 55 14
By neshluigi

             *Dedicated to tweedlekara*
                    For being awesome.

Liliana's POV

I could barely sleep last night. He freaking kissed me. On my lips. It was better than anything I have ever experienced. Not that I have many experiences though. Touching my lips I can still feel them tingle with a sweet sensation. I do a little happy dance maybe he likes me. I can't help it I am so excited. I am the atom of his admiration. I don't know if that makes any sense but gaaah! Am just way over the moon right now.

I don't want to keep him waiting so I get ready with the shortest time possible and go to make his breakfast. I remember he didn't like my food yesterday so I stick to making something I can make with ease... Pancakes. I can't wait for him to show up... Wait! isn't it going to be awkward? Anyway I am just too happy to think about that right now.

I hear steady footsteps approaching and the biggest goofiest smile appears on my face.

"Good morning" he says without looking at me.

"Good morning too" I am now feeling nervous.

He doesn't say anything more and starts having his breakfast. So this is it? Does he not remember? I remember we were both very much sobber so how can he not remember. Of course he does. I want him to say something but he keeps eating silently tapping away on his phone so I decide to be the first to say something but I don't know what to say so I stick to clearing my throat.

"AheMmmhhh" no response..

"AahheeMmmhhhh" nothing

"Aahheemmmh" this guy might be deaf. So I try something else.. Coughing.

"Cough! Cough!" No response

"Cough! Cough! Cough!" Nothing

"Cough! Cough! Cough! Cough! Cough....."

"For goodness sake! I am trying to have breakfast here. If you are feeling unwell I suggest you get yourself checked Miss Delvin!" He interrupts my rapid coughs.

What did he call me?. This man has called me many things but that! He has never called me. So now he wants to ignore what happened last night? My stubborn self won't let it go and I also choose to ignore the name he just called me.

"About last night...." I start but he cuts me off

"Last night I only came to your room to apologize......." He said.

"Actually I was talking about the..."I get interrupted again.

"Sorry I forgot to knock but it's not like I saw you naked or something and even if I had... Nothing I haven't seen before" he says with a hint of boredom. My heart falls. Could he be anymore rude?. But I don't give up just yet.

"And the kiss" I ask with a small voice

"What about it?" He asks disinterested.

"We.. Uhm... Kissed, remember?" I know he remembers but he doesn't look like he wants to talk about it and I need answers.

"Of course I remember. I don't have amnesia Miss Delvin. It was just a kiss. People kiss all the time but I admit it was unprofessional and it won't happen again. So i suggest you never bring it up again. Nothing changes I am your boss and you are my employee that's all." He says

My heart skips out of my chest and tears well up. But I don't let them fall. Why is he crushing my little heart?. I don't kiss for fun kisses are special to me and I have to let him know.

"I don't kiss for fun" my voice is small and shaky.

"Get over it!" He says authoritatively and then he adds "if you have nothing more, I am getting late for work"

And then he stands and leaves. Why do I feel so sad all of a sudden?. This time I don't stop my tears from falling as I clear the table. I should stop hoping for anything more. Maybe I will never find love.

I am still brooding as I wash the utensils and I am sure they can feel my unwanted vibe. Once in a while I find myself forgetting to be gentle so there's lots of noise in the kitchen.

"Morning Li" a cheerful voice comes from somewhere and I jump. Its just nelson. And he called me Li.

"You too nelson"I smile trying to sound just like him . cheerful. But it comes out all wrong. My voice sounds weird. Thank God I am not crying anymore but does he always enter like that? Without knocking. Am pretty sure we didn't sleep in the same house.

"Watchu doing?" He asks. Like he can't see.

"As you can 'seee' I'm tidying up the kitchen" I make sure to emphasize the 'seee'. He smiles and comes closer. I don't like it.

"Is there something I can help you with?" I ask

"Yea... You" he says.

"Stop fooling around stupid!. I still have lots of work to do" he comes closer ... And then some more and I take a step back. I don't like this.

"Stop that!.. " I yell.

"What? A bee can't steal some sweet nectar from a flower?" He says with a seductive voice. He is too close for comfort. I don't feel comfortable anymore. So I push him with all the force I can. He stumbles back a bit.

"I know you want me too. After yesterday I could feel you...." He doesn't get to finish.

"I don't pay you two to flirt!" A loud and authoritative voice makes the both of us jump.

How long has he been standing there? Good God! I don't even want to know. Nelson scatters away from the kitchen immediately. super fast.

"I just came to inform you that we might be having a guest later, make something delicious. And I figured out this house might be too big for one housekeeper so tomorrow someone will join you." Then he turns and walks away. Then he comes back again.

"Miss Delvin!, I catch you flirting again, I won't take it lightly" with that, he is gone.

What's up with him calling me Miss Delvin all of a sudden. Maybe he is just keeping it professional.

I try to do as much cleaning as I can. When am done I take a nap and set an alarm to wake up and prepare dinner. Time flies fast and in no time I am in the kitchen showing off my culinary skills... Not like I am master chef or anything but a girls got to have some confidence.

I hear the doorbell ringing as soon as I finish preparing the food.

Shock! Shock! Shock!. What is Megan doing here?. She looks shocked as well. Clearly she didn't know I work here. Before I can say anything Remington shows up behind her.

"Miss Delvin I presume you have already met Megan" he says

"She is the guest?" The words tumble out of my mouth before I can filter them.

"Yes! I'll have you know she is a very good friend of mine". Ouch! That hurt. So that's why he smiled at her the other day in the office. But anyone can see that Megan is head over heels for this man. The way she looks at him is prove enough.

"We will be in my study. Call us when the food is ready" Remington's commanding voice comes out sharp and authoritative.

I stare at their retreating backs. Megan is holding Remy's arm clinging on it as if her life depended on it. I don't like the way her chest is brushing his side. And then I stare at Remy. Even from behind he looks really attractive. My mind flies to the previous night. His lips felt amazing.

Its not healthy for me to relive that memory he was clear about that this morning. Has he ever kissed Megan? That thought makes me feel bad and then I just want to follow them and see what they are up to. Megan is very attractive I don't like her being with him. I don't like that I am getting jealous, so I go to set the table before I start wallowing in self pity over not being liked.

When I'm done I go to call them just like I was asked. When I get to the study, the door is slightly open I can see Megan sitting on Remy's lap. She is giggling like a little teenager. Remy's eyes fly up and he sees me. And then he just stares, Megan follows his gaze and her eyes land on me.

Then she turns and whispers something in Remy's ear and he nods and smiles. I turn green I wish I could do that.

"Are you going to stand there all day?" Remy's voice comes through.

"The food is all set" I say

"We will be there in a few... Oh and it's really rude to eavesdrop on peoples conversations" he says drily.
Megan giggles again. Gah! Its annoying.

"I'm sorry" I barely say walking away. I am starting to dislike him. Why is he so bipolar sometimes he is nice and then he is mean and then he kisses me and acts like it was nothing at all.

They are seated at the table in a few minutes. I am surprised Megan has not talked to me yet but she keeps giving me dagger eyes. I don't want to sit at the same table as them, so I go back to the kitchen but boss man calls me back and orders me to sit.

"Why didn't we just go out and eat somewhere?" Megan whines.

"Because we already have food" Remy answers her.

"But the food is not great here" she complains. And I go sour. I knew I don't like her from the first day I saw her....

Lovely people, thank you for reading
Please vote and comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

373K 13.8K 45
He is a billionaire yet she is a middle class girl .He is possessive and rude yet she is innocent and pure. He is a healthy young man yet she is suf...
53K 2K 17
Upon finding out the long held secret about her mother, Madeline leaves the Lockwood family and moves to England to live with her grandparents. After...
39.3K 1.4K 45
"𝐒𝐡𝐡𝐡....𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭, 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞. 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐢𝐭." * He...
1K 44 30
Harper Bailey is a "sweet innocent" girl who stumbles upon Vincent Alonso. He's a billionaire and will soon own Alonso Corporation. Vincent Alonso wi...