Old Enough For Love (GxG)

By anonymous_1546

Ah, love. Such a complex, unwavering emotion. Regardless of all the attempts, love can never be truly defined... More

Cast list
Authors note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
5k Reads: Special Epilogue
Authors note
Fifty Thousand Reads Special Alternate Ending!

Chapter 13

1.9K 64 5
By anonymous_1546

I stood in front of my mirror, inspecting my outfit for my date with Lindsay today.

I rolled my eyes. 'It's not a date, Blair. You're with Jane... maybe. I mean she did call you her girlfriend, but she hasn't called in over a week... and Lindsay's really pretty-'

I groaned, cutting my thoughts short.

My minds been so torn lately. Yes, I loved Jane, but Lindsay just kept popping up in my thoughts, even when I was with Jane.

'Maybe I should just cancel on Lindsay...' I thought as I picked up my phone.

Before I could even open it though, it started ringing, Lindsay's name flashing on the screen.

'Dammit.'

"Hey." I answered.

"Hey yourself. Are you almost ready? I'm waiting outside."

I walked over to the window and peaked out, seeing Lindsay's car in the driveway.

"Uh, yeah, I'll be right down." I replied.

"Ok, see you soon." She said with a laugh.

I hung up and quickly threw some makeup on before looking in the mirror again.

'If this isn't a date, then why do you care what you look like?'

I rolled my eyes before grabbing my jacket and heading downstairs.

"Got a hot date?" Vanessa asked with a chuckle.

Marry nudged her. "Don't tease her."

I turned to my parents, who sat on the couch.

"Actually, um, I'm just going to the arcade with a friend." I replied.

'Just a friend... who you're totally not into.'

Vanessa smiled. "Are you sure it's not that Jane girl?"

I could feel my face heat up at the mentioning of her name. "Nope, just a friend."

"Well, when do we get to meet this mysterious 'Jane' who's stollen our daughters heart?" Marry asked.

"Mom-"

"How about tomorrow?" Vanessa cut in.

"I don't know-"

"Ooh, yes, I like that idea. She can join us for dinner." Marry added.

I sighed. "Mom, she might be busy."

Vanessa shrugged. "Tell her if she wants our blessing, she had better be here tomorrow."

Marry laughed Warmly. "C'mon, sweetie, you can't hide her from us forever."

I lowered my head, letting out a defeated sigh. "Fine... I'll ask her."

They smiled. "Great, we cant wait to meet her." Marry said.

"Agreed. Now, go have fun with your friend." Vanessa added.

"Bye guys..." I said as I slowly walked out the door and closed it.

'Fuck... why me?'

Lindsey smiled as I got in her car. "Hey, hows it going?"

I shrugged, avoiding eye contact. "Ok, I guess."

She rested her hand on my shoulder. "Are you ok?"

I nodded. "Yeah, just some family stuff, that's all."

"Oh, well, we can reschedule if you want?"

I shook my head as I faced her. "No. No, I could use a fun distraction."

She smiled. "Then I'm happy to be of service."

I laughed a little as she started the car and drove off to the arcade.

   We pulled into the packed parking lot shortly after.

   I glanced around at all the people walking towards the front doors. "I guess everyone else had the same idea."

Lindsay chuckled as she stepped out of the car. "C'mon, we better hurry before a line starts forming."

I followed her through the doors. A row of stand-up arcade machines lined the back wall, a line of pinball machines stood next to us and there was even a little concession stand on the other side.

"Where should we go first?" I asked.

Lindsey looked around, then smiled, taking my hand and leading me through the crowd of people.

We stopped in front of a huge claw machine.

I gave her an amused look. "Really?"

Lindsay smiled at me. "What? Not a fan of the claw game?"

I laughed. "Ugh, I spent most of my childhood funneling quarters into these stupid things, but never won anything."

She pulled a quarter out. "Watch and learn."

She stuck it in the machine and expertly took control of the claw. "Which one do you want?"

I smiled down at all the stuffed prizes inside, spotting a little pink bunny.

I pointed at it. "Definitely that bunny."

"Your wish is my command." She said as she stopped the claw just above the bunny and hit the button.

The claw dropped and grabbed the bunny's ears before lifting it up and slowly making its way to the chute.

We cheered as the bunny fell into the chute.

Lindsay pulled it out and handed it to me. "Your prize."

I took it with a smile. "Thanks."

She returned my smile. "No problem... I'm just gonna need you to sign a joint custody agreement."

I laughed and gave her a playful nudge. "C'mon, let's check out some of the other games."

We spent the next few hours playing every game they had, smiling and laughing the whole time. This was definitely the distraction I needed.

After playing the games, we got in line at the concession stand.

"Order whatever you'd like, I'm paying." She said.

"What? No way, not after winning me this little guy." I replied, petting the stuffed bunny.

She giggled and poked the bunny's nose. "How can I argue with that cute face?"

I laughed. "You can't, so I'm paying."

She let out a dramatic sigh. "Fine..."

I shook my head and smiled. "C'mon, we're up."

After ordering our food, we sat down at one of the tables.

I looked at Lindsay from across the table, a small smile tugging at my lips. "Thanks, by the way."

She looked up from her food. "For what?"

"Well, the bunny for one... but, also for inviting me today, I had a lot of fun."

She smiled back. "It was my pleasure... I just really like hanging out with you."

I looked down, a slight blush creeping onto my cheeks. "Me to..."

It was quiet for a minute before she spoke up. "Hey, um, I'm having my birthday party next week and I'd really like it if you came."

I looked up, meeting her gaze. "Count me in."

She nodded, a smile reforming on her lips. "Awesome, you can be my guest of honor."

I giggled. "Does that mean I get the royal treatment?"

"Anything for you, m'lady." She replied in a snobby accent, causing us to laugh.

After eating, we decided to head out...

We pulled into my driveway and Lindsay turned to me. "Thanks again for hanging out."

I nodded. "Thanks for inviting me and to your birthday party."

She smiled. "No problem."

I returned her smile before stepping out of her car. "I'll see you then."

"Great, I can't wait." She said before waving me off.

I turned and started walking up the driveway.

As I got closer to my front door, my smile quickly faded, the conversation from earlier playing through my mind.

I sighed as I walked inside and headed for my room.

I sat on my bed and looked down at my phone, my thumb hovering over Janes number.

'Let's get this over with.'

I pressed her number and held the phone up to my ear...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 513 32
For the hopeless romantics like myself๐Ÿคญ(start might be a little slow but trust me it's worth it) Scared to feel, scared to love, scared to live. She...
106K 3.8K 32
#Unbreak Sequel# (Please read Unbreak first before you read this one.) 10 YEARS LATER . . . . . . โˆ† Contains : -strong language -gxg sex scene โˆ† It's...
52.7K 1.4K 42
From best friends to enemies to.... Lovers. Ps. Sensitive issues ahead. Possible trigger warning so read with caution. Thank you by the way!