That Gilbert Girl

By VampiresAdoreMe

My name is Gemma Gilbert, or as many like to call me, GG. Don't get me wrong, I love my name, but the only re... More

That Gilbert Girl
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 part 1
Chapter 17 part 2
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 9

5.4K 163 12
By VampiresAdoreMe

I woke up with sweat particles over my forehead and chest. I wiped the ones from my neck and noticed that I was on Jer's bed. My eyes quickly dashed around the room trying to find who had attacked me yesterday, Stefan Salvatore, but only found Damon and Jer discussing by the window.

Damon was the first to notice me, but Jer was first to reach me.

"Gemma, how's your head, does it hurt?" he asked examining it.

"I'm okay...but I wasn't last night! He was here and he was trying to kill me! He bit into my neck," I cried out wrapping my arms around my legs. "He was trying to kill me...bit into my neck..." My hand instantly flew to my neck but I felt nothing, not even a trace of a wound.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey," Damon said stepping closer to me. "It was only a nightmare, don't worry."

I looked at him astonished. Was he trying to tell me it was only a nightmare? I remember everything crystal clear! I remember everything from yesterday. I remember coming home after Elijah gave me a necklace, Damon took me back home and that's when Stefan attacked me.

No nightmare could ever be that livid. No, I know what I saw. I reached on my neck to grab the necklace, but was met with nothing. My hands instantly searched all over my neck and chest, but again, nothing.

"Where's my necklace, where is it?" I asked personally nobody.

"What necklace, Gem?" Jer asked.

"The necklace. The necklace Elijah gave to me and made me promise to never take it off. You saw it Damon, didn't you?"

By now my eyes were burning with tears and my mind was malfunctioning.

"I didn't see anything."

"No, you did. I showed it to you after I came back from my walk with Elijah. You also made me promise to not take it out. Remember?"

By now I was desperate for an answer. Damon saw it, he agreed with it! I know.

"Gemma, you never went on a walk with Elijah. when I brought you back home from our walk you insisted on going in alone. When Jeremy came back he found you passed out on the floor. You haven't woken up until now," Damon responded.

Passed out? No, Stefan was trying to kill me. I even called sheriff Forbes! Sheriff Forbes, she was my proof. I called her, I know it.

"Check with Sheriff Forbes, I called her. She knows and I told her what was going on. She said she'd be here right away!" By now I was shouting in anger and sadness that no one believed me.

"Gem, calm down. No one is going to hurt you. You have to remember that this was all a nightmare."

"You guys are making me seem crazy," I whispered.

I met their gazes but theirs didn't meet mine. "You guys think I'm crazy."

I stood up from the bed, enraged. They thought I was lying? And Damon, he saw the necklace, he saw everything that happened at The Grill.

"Stefan was trying to kill me! He had these weird veins in his eyes and then he had sharp teeth, fangs! He bit my neck and when my necklace came into contact with his face, it got a red mark like the one you got on your hand!" I exclaimed pointing at Damon.

Damon was my last hope. So I ran. I ran down the stairs and out the front door and just ran.

How could they lie straight to my face? What the hell is going on in this town? I know what I saw, I know what I experienced. But my word wasn't true right now, I couldn't turn back, they thought I was insane.

My legs started to burn but I didn't stop running until I was away from the town and into the forest. That's when I stopped. A little over the beginning of the forest I stopped running. My legs felt like jello, but I couldn't care less. I supported myself in the trees to stop from falling.

I had been in and out of these forests ever since I was a a kid, if I did get lost I would most likely find my way out, but it would take me a while.

"I know what I saw. He was trying to kill me," I whispered to myself as I sat on a boulder. "I know what I saw."

It was about to be sundown any minute. Or maybe it had already started, seeing as the light had turned a little orange.

A crackle caught my attention. Leaf crackle. It was probably nothing, usually something in scary movies, but this is reality...sort of. I feel like I'm in a book where I'm the crazy one that is telling the truth but everyone isn't. That wouldn't be a bad way to describe it.

Then I heard it, more crackles. This time I hopped off the boulder and felt as my muscles ached a bit, but not much. But if it was something dangerous there is no way I'd get far with these legs.

I searched for m phone on my pockets but remembered I had dropped it somewhere last night and it wasn't with me.

This time I panicked. I walked away from the direction of the crackling. Running would be pointless. My legs hurt too much and it was probably nothing, but of course when I heard a voice I rethought that.

"Who's there?" I stopped in my spot and turned around.

Do I say anything or just walk away?

I choose to walk away. After the incident I don't know who to trust.

"Hey, wait up!"

Okay, it's time to run! I ran as much as my feet could take me and was close to the exit when a hand wrapped around my waist and mouth. I was being pulled back into the forest but I kept on fighting until I could no more.

"I'm not going to hurt you," the guy whispered.

I knew that voice, but I don't remember who it belongs too. You see! This is what happens when you send your kids elsewhere.

"Gemma, I'm going to let go of you, but please don't try to run."

I nodded. He let go of me, and I quickly turned to look at him. Of course. Tyler Lockwood. That's how he knew who I was. He was literally my best friend, no he is.

"You! What the hell? Why would you do this to me?"

It was bad enough that I was still a mess from yesterday and today with him scaring me, even more.

"Woah, calm down Gemma. Whats wrong?" he asked placing the duffel he had on his shoulder on the ground.

"Tyler, I'm not okay, I'm not. I'm seen as a psychopath right now. Only because I know that Stefan was trying to kill me and he bit into my neck. Nobody believes me," I cried out in desperation.

Tyler just looked at me. He thought I was crazy as well, no? Why would I just blast this out?

"I'm sorry, I've had a bad morning and I don't know what I'm saying," I whispered brushing a hand through my hair.

He seemed to be in thought with himself. If I could only get one person to believe me, that would be amazing.

"I can help," he said making me confused.

"How?" I asked.

*****

"Thanks for the amazing walk throughout the forest I've know all my life, Tyler," I stated sarcastically as we walked back to The Old Gilbert Home.

"It was my pleasure actually. I hadn't seen you in so long, we thought you had left us for good."

I snorted and opened the door, as we were there already. After my fight with Elena yesterday I thought that I wouldn't be allowed back home, then I met Damon and he was awesome. I've known him only a day, but I'm pretty sure he's okay.

"Oh," I stated surprised as I saw Damon and Elena making out against the wall.

"Gemma. Oh my God, are you alright?" Elena asked as they pulled away.

"Yeah? I just went on a walk with Tyler. It was a better 'welcome home' surprise than the one you gave me yesterday," I huffed out.

"Yesterday?" I heard Damon ask.

"Gemma, what are you talking about?" Elena asked, clearly confused.

"Look, in sorry for our falling out yesterday, Elena. I don't know why I was given an extra year, but I am sorry for the fight. Also the way I threw you that bracelet. It meant a lot to me."

"Can I talk to Damon for a minute?" Tyler asked.

Damon nodded, and they walked into the kitchen. Elena and I stayed in silence. I knew it would be awkward for a while. In the first few days I would try to gain some trust and then I'll easy my way into her friendship bond.

Tyler and Damon came back and I turned to smile at Tyler as Damon whispered into Elena's ear. Her eyes widened and she looked at me.

"Gemma, I'm so sorry as well. I should have eased up on you, and I'm sorry that I can't tell you why you were there. But I can say that it was for your own good," Elena said as she engulfed me in a hug.

"Well I guess I did learn many new things there," I replied as we pulled away.

"At it, Wildfire!" Damon cheered.

We all laughed and I smiled as I saw the many happy faces around me, this is what I needed.

_____

Poor Gemma, always being lied too. :/

But it all turns out to be good later on. :)

So what were your opinions on this chapter?

You guys have been amazing!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 2.6K 51
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
34.1K 455 40
the dead: the dead are walking; an unimaginable fate awaits within every step taken. Jordyn persists to continue the search for her life, for her fri...
209K 1.1K 33
This is a mix of different animes that have smut in them
133K 2.7K 16
Her name is Cleo and she's Elena's twin sister.