That Gilbert Girl

By VampiresAdoreMe

My name is Gemma Gilbert, or as many like to call me, GG. Don't get me wrong, I love my name, but the only re... More

That Gilbert Girl
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 part 1
Chapter 17 part 2
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 8

5.9K 181 15
By VampiresAdoreMe

"So, I take it you and that pair I was talking too are related?" I asked.

Elijah looked at me and nodded. "Yes, Niklaus and Rebekah, as well as Kol, whom I believe you have not met are my siblings."

"I don't think I have. But I'll keep my eye out for him."

He chuckled a little and I smiled. Everything was perfect right now. Beautiful lights loitered the streets of Mystic Falls from New Years and it just lighted up everything. We were currently walking down the streets in peace, watching how everyone still had fun under the stars.

Elijah and I bumped into each other from time to time, not too much. But I was freezing. I forgot my jacket and only had my long sleeved shirt on. I wrapped my hands around each arm and tried not too show how cold I was. Wouldn't want to ruin this moment.

"Gemma, are you cold?" I turned to look at him about to shake my head when he was taking his overcoat off. "It's fine Elijah."

"It is not. It's alright, I have a nice suit that is quite warm."

He placed his overcoat over me, and I immediately snuggled into his touch when he placed his arm around my waist.

"This is nice. Everything is so calm," I stated keeping my eyes forward.

"It is. Especially with you here with me. Can you do me a favor?" he asked stopping. I nodded. "Reach into my coats left pocket and take out the little box in it."

I did as he told me, and took out the little box-black-that he had in his pocket. I gave it to him and he opened it up revealing a necklace with a beautiful stone in the middle.

"This," he started as he took out the necklace from the box. "This is for you."

I got goosebumps all over my body as he said that. This was for me?

"Elijah..."

My eyes were probably bulging by now, but I could care less.

"Don't say a word, just accept it."

Before I could say anything, though, he started placing the necklace around my neck. The cold metal hit my chest and neck and I tried to keep myself from moving.

Why would he get me something so beautiful? What do I say?

"It's an Alexandrite gemstone, a color-changing. It's hues differ from greens to red as well, depending on how the sun hits it of course. I would like for you to never take it off," he said as he finished off and stepped in front of me to look at my eyes.

I picked the necklace off my chest and stared at it. It was absolutely beautiful.

"Elijah, thank you. But you didn't have too."

"You're right. I didn't, but I wanted to. Plus, such beauty could only belong to someone as is."

I smiled, a small, caring smile. I have never met anyone who would go as far as buying me such a beautiful necklace. He fumbled with his hands, but I didn't question it.

"Promise me you'll never as take it off once, never," he pressed on as he stepped closer to me.

I nodded. "I promise you I will never take it off. Thank you, this is absolutely beautiful."

"Well it's getting quite colder, so how about we return you back before Damon starts to panic."

"That would be perfect."

I was about to turn around when he placed a kiss to my forehead, catching me off guard.

"You're beautiful Gemma."

I blushed and looked down. He knew how to get to me. His finger reached under my chin to pick it up, just like the first time I had met him.

"Shall we go?"

"Yes," I responded walking back.

*****

When we got back to The Mystic Grill, Damon was sitting alone drinking from a tall glass. Elijah left me there, saying he should get home, but that he would see me soon again.

"So did you have fun?" Damon asked when I walked up to him.

"I did. It was amazing."

He looked at my necklace and took it in his hands but quickly let go of it cursing. His hands turned red.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes, it's nothing. Where did you get that necklace from?"

"Elijah gave it to me. He told me to never take it off and I promised I wouldn't," I said still staring at his hand. "Are you sure you're okay, Damon?"

"I am. Now promise me you'll fulfill your promise that you made to Elijah."

I stared at him in confusion. He actually agreed with something that Elijah had said? I don't understand how he could suddenly change his mind. And why did they both had red marks after they had touched the necklace? Nothing happened to me.

"I promise. But why did you all of a sudden change your mind?"

"Because, I can tell he actually wants to keep you safe. Which makes me want to keep you even more safe. But now we have to go home because I want to spend time with Elena, plus I know Jeremy will be home."

"Well let's go."

We left The Grill and went back home. I still found it odd though that he would change his mind.

"Well thanks Damon, have fun Elena. And let's keep this a secret until she finally decides to speak to me," I stated as I exited the car.

"Will do."

He drove off and I sighed as I walked up the steps. The lights were on, which meant Jer was home, so that was one good thing. I think I'd like to gossip with him.

I grabbed the key from under the mat-not wanting to make too much noise-and unlocked the door. Right when I entered I saw Stefan standing a few feet away from the door.

"You scared me Stefan," I said as I closed the door behind me.

He didn't move or say anything, but something was off with his face...

"Hey, what's wrong?"

I walked closer to him but instantly regretted it. His eyes got these veins all over them and his teeth...sharp teeth. I backed up.

"Stefan, stop it," I cried out.

"I'm so sorry Gemma," he said walking straight at me. "I'm just really hungry."

"Please Stefan."

"I'm so sorry," he whispered before I felt a sharp pain at my neck.

My eyes widened and I tried to push him off. It worked, only because I felt him come into contact with my necklace.

He had the same mark as Damon had on his hand. Without thinking I quickly ran upstairs and to the first room I saw. As soon as I locked the door fists were banging on it. I placed my back to the door, and cried silently to myself.

What the hell was going on? Who was this guy? This is not the Stefan I had met at first. The Stefan I met was kind, caring, and shy. I brought my hand up towards my neck and it instantly got moist. I was bleeding, I knew I was. But why did he bite me? What...

"Gemma, open the door!"

He sounded like a ravage person, as if he really needed to get in. I said nothing. Then I remembered! My phone, I had my phone with me. I quickly took it out of my back pocket and dialed 911.

"This is, sheriff Forbes, how may I assist you."

Sheriff Forbes!

"Liz, Liz I need your help!" I exclaimed to the phone?

"Who is this?" she asked obviously confused.

"It's Gemma Gilbert. I need your help. He won't leave, he bit me, he's trying to...he's trying to get in."

My eyes got heavier by the second and I knew I was loosing too much blood, despite the pressure I put on my wound.

"Gemma, who's he? Where are you? I'm on my way," she responded.

I heard shuffling in the background meaning she was coming.

"Stefan...Salvatore. I'm at my house...getting sleepy. Help me."

I could hear a distant shouting but the phone slipped out of my grasp as I faded into darkness.

_____

Oh my goodness, I love this chapter, sorry for not updating yesterday, I took 2 tests-which thank God I passed-and just had to relax my brain a bit.

So here you go, double update. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

295K 18K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
147K 7.9K 82
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
173K 4K 53
โ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. โž kate martin x fem! oc
64.6K 1.7K 27
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...