PIECES

بواسطة neshluigi

Liliana feels that all hope of ever finding love is gone. Finding a job and losing it, she finds herself work... المزيد

Chapter 1
authors note
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15

chapter 4

94 65 25
بواسطة neshluigi

Liliana's POV

I wake up before my alarm goes off and I check the time to make sure I did not miss anything. Its 3:15, waaay too early so I don't get out of bed. I am very nervous about today. Mr gorgeous had suddenly turned into Mr arrogant yesterday... But maybe I was mistaken he is a good man who was just in a pissy mood or in the middle of something. He did offer me a job right? That was nice of him. God knows I need this job the most now. I don't fall back asleep so I twist and turn in bed. And think about my life and think some more and think until I see the light through my window...

They say there is light at the end of the tunnel_ I hope to get to the end of my tunnel soon. I don't know how much more my fragile heart can take because it's already in pieces. I take the shortest time possible to get ready because I want to get to my interview really early. I don't my new employee to get any reason to take back his job offer.

When I get to the address I am astonished. The building is bigger than Walters. I must not be well conversant with the city because I haven't seen a building as tall as this one. And it looks brand new too. Remington must be stinking rich.. I make my way to the front desk.

"Excuse me.. I have an appointment with Remington..." I don't get to finish my question before the lady answers me in a polite tone...

"Mr Roccus' office is in level 56" There and then I am very much aware that she didn't use his first name like me.

Way to go Liliana calling your boss by his first name and you have not gotten the job yet!

I look around and everyone is in black and white clothes but they look really neat and official. I can tell they have not been given limitations with the design and the size.. Some have Way too short and tight skirts it looks the material ran out before the tailor was done. When I get to Remington's office I stop at the receptionists desk which is right outside the office I presume is his.

"Excuse me.. I am here to see Mr Roccus" I say with the politest voice I can come up with. She barely glances at me before she answers,

"He is not in"

"I can wait"

"Do you have an appointment?" She snaps sizing me up. Where do they get this barbie grumpys from? This one is gorgeous too but am not surprised that she is wearing a barely there skirt and a top that squishes her chest leaving most of it out. One wrong move and everything would pop out.

"He is expecting me"

She doesn't say anything else. She points to the lounge area and the sofa looks extremely good. When I make myself comfortable on it, I am not disappointed this must have cost a fortune.

Seconds turn into minutes and minutes turn into hours it's almost three hours since I got here. Barbie hasn't a thing to me she keeps stealing glances at me probably wondering why I am still seated there. When our eyes meet she rolls hers and gets back to her work. My stomach is starting to growl... Damn! I shouldn't have skipped breakfast.

I watch Barbie get a few cups of coffee and some muffins and It bothers me that she doesn't offer to share. Two more hours go by and I am seated on that same spot. I am almost giving up but God knows I need this job.. Didn't Remy know I was going to come in today? My train of thoughts is interrupted by Barbie's sharp voice..

"Who did you say you were?"

"I didn't... I'm Li..."

"Don't you have some place else you could go to?" She cuts me off and I am not pleased about that..

"Maybe if you could tell me when he will be back, I could go and come back later" I don't try to hide my anger one bit and it gets to her.

"Must be pretty desperate. And for the record my boss doesn't deal with ugh! Lees" it takes a minute for me to fully load that.. Did she just call me ugly? I might be a lot of things but I am definitely not ugly.. Being a plain Jane doesn't make me ugly does it?... Whatever I am not falling into her trap so I switch to bitch mode...

"Looks like someone is bitter because their boss doesn't trust them enough to let them know when he is coming to work" how was that for a comeback?. I am so proud of myself when I see how her face changes from confident to shocked and hurt to confident again..

"Stupid" she scoffs and goes back to her work. I look down at my skirt and remind myself that I am not ugly.. I am wearing a very pretty maroon skirt with a black top. last time I checked I was pretty okay with how I looked.

"Good afternoon Megan? Do I have any appointments this afternoon?" A deep melodious voice says. And then it hits me this is not a dream.. Oh shit! I fell asleep waiting for him and now he saw me sleeping. I open my eyes slowly just in time to see Megan pointing at me..

"Afternoon Mr roccus, Yes you have some important appointments...she has been here since morning but she doesn't have an appointment" there are so many things wrong with what she said. Is she flirting with her boss? 'Afternoon Mr roccus' her voice was so sweetened and flirty it sounded more like 'Make love to me Mr roccus'. Did she have to add the word important to the appointments and then add me minus the appointment and the way she said appointment, its like you have to have it to breathe and live. And like it wasn't bad enough she pointed at me with her pointy finger like I was some thing waiting to be picked up. Normally I don't have a problem with being pointed at but not everyone gets to do it.

And then I see him and all those nasty thoughts disappear. What a beauty! His mouth curves as he breaks into a lopsided smile I didn't think he could get any more handsome but he just did.. My bubble is busted when I hear him tell Megan to usher me in. I almost scream at the fact that he just smiled at Megan... But why? Don't smile at her she is bad! Real baaad! She doesn't treat people well. She doesn't deserve that beautiful smile. Maybe you should smile at me I am a nice person.

What are you thinking Liliana? You are here to work! Work! Work! that man maybe a piece of eye candy but he will be your boss soon.

Megan doesn't need to say a word to me. She glares at me and I follow Mr Roccus in.

"Sit!" He commands. And I do. I dig into my handbag and fish out an envelope with my credentials and pass it to him.

"What's that?" He asks.
"My papers"

His presence makes me nervous but I try to hide it as much as I can.

"I didn't ask for that" he says. And for some reason it makes me feel bad. The nerve! He makes me wait for all that long and he didn't even want to hire me? I should give him a piece of my mind..

"You know, its really rude to keep people waiting!  Just because you are a pretty boy, it doesn't give you the right! .. What am I even doing here if you won't look at my qualifications?. Did you just call me here to mock because you were a witness to me loosing my job?". That was hellofa lot but i wasn't done...

"Are you done?" He asks as if reading my mind.

"No! Am not even close... You! (I point him) you are nasty..."

"Okay I've heard enough"he cuts me off his voice laced with slight anger.

"Don't even think I will let you off so easy..." I begin but he cuts me off again.

"Feisty are we?" as soon as the words leave his mouth I feel fed up. I don't want to let him play me for a fool for even a second longer so I get my bag and stand up ready to leave but he makes me stop suddenly.

"You already have the job ....but you can leave if you don't want it" he says staring into my eyes and I stare back at him. So now it's eyeball to eyeball. Oh no its not my fault. He started this eyeballing first and man does he have beautiful eyes so I look away to avoid being drawn into them eyes they might take me to the the land of no return.

"You don't say..!" I can barely recognize my voice. Its so nice and polite. Haa! Typical me, I just went from bad wolf to innocent sheep.

"Yes tiny bunny. We just have to go through a few things first and you signing a contract" he says

Now I am confused which work could he be possibly talking about..

"How did I get it? You didn't even look at my papers"

"I didn't  have to... I presume you are female don't tell me you can't clean or cook" he smirks

"You want me to be your Maid?"

"No... I mean yes but not what you think. A housekeeper All you need to do is clean and cook. Food and shelter will be provided and the pay is good. I will pay you double of what Walter used to pay you but you need to sign a three month contract"

"No" I say standing to leave.

"Triple" he says. I stop but don't turn back. Then I keep walking.

"I should have known you are a spoilt brat!". He shouts at my back. I stop and turn around.

"I am not!" I answer him

"What? A woman who can't cook or clean? Figures!" Ouch! That's just insulting. I can barely keep my clothes neatly folded. My food doesn't taste like it does in a five star hotel but its eatable besides I have my specialties. The pay is good too and I need the cash. I wonder if he pays all his workers that well...

"Yes I can"

"No you can't!"

"Can too"

I have to make my decision wisely...

Thank you so much lovely people for reading please don't forget to vote and comment.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

52 2 16
Liliana a two year old gets cursed and she cant love somebody because if her love dies she dies. Her mom wanting to kill her so her and her dad can b...
Oneshot Erotica. بواسطة miyyah

القصة القصيرة

57K 131 16
Oneshot smut that keeps you hooked. Ideas and opinions would be appreciated from readers and credit will be given if shared.
373K 13.8K 45
He is a billionaire yet she is a middle class girl .He is possessive and rude yet she is innocent and pure. He is a healthy young man yet she is suf...
3.1M 69.9K 38
Ava Baron is a young billionaire businesswoman who inherited a company with her twin brother. One morning, she received an invitation to her high sch...