Another Life

By Jemn1611

What if you thought you had lost it all? Would that make it easier to exept the unimaginable? For Rose after... More

Another life
Another life ch3
another life ch4
another life ch 5
another life ch6
another life ch 7
another life ch 8
anther life ch 9
another life 10
another life 12
another life 13
another life 14
The Ending

another life 11

117 3 0
By Jemn1611

Chapter Eleven: Thursday 3:11pm

The song was going round and round my head like crazy. How had I even got the song stuck in my head it was impossible. I glanced away from the program on TV and stood up. I walked out of the living room making my way up to my room where I think I left my ipod. Well it had been there the last time I had checked.

When I reached my room with its cream walls and cluttered furniture covered in clothes I really could not be asked to put away I groaned. Looking for my ipod really was going to be a mission. Was it really worth it? The song started going around my head again making my choice for me.

I started by chucking all my clothes off of the table where I could have sworn I had put it down a few nights ago when I had got to tired and didn't really feel like being strangled by my head phones in the night.

Anyway it wasn't there leaving me pretty much helpless. I climbed my way over the mess I had just made and started yanking top after trousers after underwear away from the desk next to my bed.

No such luck.

Five minutes later I still had not found the damn singing thing! I was starting to question my sanity when I heard my Mum walking down the hall next to my room.

"Mum do you know where my ipod is?" I yelled hoping against hope that she knew and I could just get this song out of my head! Please!

"Sorry Hun- WowMyGod! What have you done to your room?" well oops.......

"Well..... song stuck in my head. I really needed to find my ipod....." I muttered under my breath as I made my eyes stare at the carpet beneath my feet.

"Tidy it up NOW!" great. Funfunfun!

Mum turned in the door way and left me to work. Well where to start. Well there's the tops over there or the now totally disorganized pile of CD's over there. Oh hell!

Half an hour later I was still nowhere near done and to tell you the trust the accomplishment of finding my ipod about eighteen minutes ago was not worth the pain of tiding this room! My arms were now killing me from lugging pile after pile of clean and not clean tops, trousers, dresses, skirts and underwear was not what I had had planned for today.

I heard my phone from all the way up here and quickly dropped the last pile of washing in the washing basket and closed the lid then slid out the door and quickly down the stairs I went.

I reached my mobile just in time,

"Hello?" I said trying not to drop the mobile when I realized it was the wrong way up....

"Rose? Why are you out of breath?" Brendon....... Why had I not looked at the caller ID before picking up the phone? Oh right yeah I'm an idiot.

"Oh right hey Brendon. I just ran down the stairs you know......" awkward!

"You running. God would have never guessed!" hmm funny.

"Right so you were calling because.......?" I sounded rude but I really was starting to feel the pain in my arms..... Okay that was a pore excuse...

"Sorry let me rephrase that how are you?" he simple laughed and said,

"You know just because we broke up it doesn't mean we can't hang out right?" well it wouldn't if you didn't keep with the snide comments...... okay think nice thoughts.

"Yeah. Ahhhh..... sorry damn settee jumping out of like nowhere......." I rubbed at my knee where I had just slammed it against the side of the settee when I had turned around trying to think what the hell I should be saying here.

"Well I see you haven't changed at all over the holidays............ so back to what I was saying........ do you think your new boyfriend would let you hang out with me today? Round the park?" errrr crap......

"You know full well that I don't let any of my boyfriends tell me what I can and can't do. But I am sorry today I can't do. I have a date with tiding my room. Tomorrow maybe?"

"Sure I'll call you tomorrow."

"See you."

I put down the phone before I had to think of anything else to say. God we used to be really close and now we were reduced to having majorly awkward convocations over the phone where he makes annoying jabs at my having a boyfriend that is not him errrr crap. I sighed and walked back up the many steps with my phone in my pocket back up to my room where I could at last see the floor. Miracle!

The tune was still going round my head like crazy. Once I had found my ipod I had put the song on repeat hoping that would work with my idea of getting rid of the damn song. Well now luck there if anything it had just got it stuck more firmly in my head. Great.....

I picked up a stray lipstick from the floor and threw it in the general direction of my open make up bag. I had already managed to fill up over three bags full of makeup and that was just from what I had found in my room. I groaned when I saw that a load of the stuff I had thrown had ended up hitting the wall and bouncy back to the same place I had found them. Okay be that way!

I picked them back up and put the carefully this time into the blue and white plastic case that was now my make up case. I stood up straight and looked around my room. Right so just my desk to do now. That can't be that hard can it?

I started by pulling all the jewellery off of the counter then sorting it into necklaces bracelets and earrings. Their glorious colours mystified me shining in the light of the now glowing sun coming threw my open window. Wait open window?

I pushed myself up and ran over to the window slamming it shut. As I slid down the side of the wall just below the window I could a glance at the makeup case I had just put the lipstick in. they were once again lined up against the wall. All on the end not their sides like when I had thrown them before. Well okay be that way then Cody. He can tidy my room if he likes.

I sat up straight leaning my back right up against the wall and stared at the now floating cases of red and pink liquid. The light court the edge of the blue packing making little sparkles fly across the room. I sighed and leaned over to pick up my phone which I had minutes ago left on the side of the table I had been cleaning.

I thought Cody would do something more than just throw one of the free lipsticks at me totally missing as I dialled Parker's number.

His phone rung free times before a grumpy voice picked up.

"Hello?"

"Okay you asked me to ring you when ever-" Of course he would cut me off. I groaned

"What Rose? Argh what happened?" well now he sounded more awake...

"Well my makeup is sort of ummm flying around my room. Wahh" I wahhed as I had to dogged one of the other lipsticks this time it was not so badly aimed. Well okay......

"Rose. Get out of your room. I'll be there in four."

"Wait Parker! You don't-" beep beep. Well damn it!

Well I guess that's what I get for actually calling him like he asked. Well he asked for it........ argh damn it how the throwing of the makeup is getting old now. I mean if he wanted to hit me he would have already. I stood up and walked to the door of my room almost falling on way by some stray pillow had had appeared in my way. Well okay he really didn't need to try and trip me up and can managed very well on my own thank you Cody. Oh god I really am talking to a ghost here.

Wait why has there not been any death threat yet or is he planning on killing me with makeup. Well okay.......

I opened the door and stepped out of my room glancing behind me to see the lipsticks fall to the floor as Cody decided to follow me instead of totally wreck my room again I might add.

I closed the door behind me knowing full well that this would not stop him from following me but felt the need to do it anyway.

Bump! I heard something that sounded like someone walking into the door. I looked back and sure enough the door handle was starting to move. Slowly but surely it would be open any second. Why not just walk threw it? I mean how many times have you done it in the past. I shook my head and carried on walking well he hadn't tried to kill me yet so maybe he won't. This time.....

I swung round and hit the stairs at a funny angle making my foot slip to the side. My heart skipped a beat as I fell forwards down the stairs. I closed my eyes and sucked in a deep breath waiting for the stairs below to hit my fragile body. Waited and waited......

Umm should I have not hit the stairs yet? I opened one eye to see the stairs in front of me but sure enough they were no were near me and didn't seem to be coming that way anytime soon. But how.......?

I felt the cold hands on my arm at the same time I looked behind me and saw nothing. Nothing but thin air. Well the strange glittering mist really does not count as anything. I blinked but it was still there when I reopened my eyes. I put my foot down properly on the stairs and the felling of cold hands on my arm quickly despaired. I just stared at the space where Cody must be standing I could not look away. Why had he not let me fall? He wanted me dead right?

I nearly fell right back down the stairs when I heard the door bell ring but I didn't feel the cold hands again on my arm instead I felt a draft as the door opened down stairs. The door opened down stairs WHAT? I rand own the rest of the stair to the ground floor to find Parker standing at the doorway looking around the hall waiting for the person to appear who had opened the door. My eyes were wide open with I noticed the glittering figure of a tall man hovering just to the left of the door. Well okay you want to open my door for me now..... perfectly normal.....

"Rose?" I heard Parker say as he slowly approached not taking his eyes off of the mist to his right.

"Yeah no idea." I replied also not taking my eyes of the mist that I could have sworn was shaking but I could have been wrong since you could not really make out the whole shape.

"Right. Wowhey what's up with your arm?" he finally looked away from Cody and picked up my arm that I just realised was glowing. My arm is freaking glowing! Since when is that normal?

"Rose? Hello answer me." I looked up at Parker's freaked face

"Oh yeah because I really know that................ umm wait no I think I do......." Cody had grabbed my arm when I had almost fallen down the damn stairs. could that be why my freaking arm is glowing? Right I closed my eye hoped that it would stop glowing and that damn hovering thing would disappear like normal....... or try to kill me..... whatever.

"Rose you know not the time to be acting strange...... are you even listening to me?" well not really....

"One second god Parker!" he was actually starting to get on my nerves it was crazy.

"Sorry." I whispered when I finally opened my eyes again to fin d Parker looking down at the ground. Puppy dog eyes. Awwww! I swear they could be the ultimate weapon against well anyone!

"Whatever." He said leading me away from the hall and into the kitchen looking behind him to see if his brother was following. Like we could tell!

I sat down at the kitchen table and put my hand on my forehead. Well now I was being a bitch to Parker I would have to make sure he knew I really am sorry.

"Hey Rose quit it with the stress lines I'm not mad at you. Really" he put his hand under my chin and lifted my face up. I tried to smile but it came out more of a grimace than anything else.

"Okay I know you can smile better than that do I really have to tickle you to get that smile back?" I laughed and leaned away from him making sure he wouldn't do it anyway. He didn't thank god but instead turned his head to the door where we could now both see the silhouette of Cody. I raised my eyebrow and asked,

"Whys he just standing there?" Parker didn't turn to face me when he replied,

"He's weak. His little stunt yesterday wore him out." His voice was distant like he was remembering this from some other time.

"Oh." I looked down at the table. It was so obvious how much Parker missed his brother it literally coursed me pain to think that my own Dad had coursed it. To think he had coursed that and my mother's phobia, if he had had any idea what his death would have meant would he have gone through with it anyway? Or was that his plan all alone. I closed my eyes trying to block the emotions I was feeling. Not to show them on my face. Not to let Parker see.

I reopened my eyes and glanced over at the mist still hanging in the doorway. My head was all over the place so I cannot be sure but I could have sworn I saw him wave. Okay I must be crazy.

I blinked several times and then the mist started to fade away making the background come back into focus and my arm to return to its normal non-shininess.

"Rose?" I looked up to see Parker's face looking worriedly down at me.

"Yeah?" I could have sworn I had hid all the crazy emotions from my face. Please tell me that I had!

"What happened before I arrived............... he-he opened the door for me?" again I could see the same distant look in his eyes. I got up taking the free necessary steps to put myself right in front of him. Lifting my hand to is cheek he looked down at me surprised. He really did look so sad..... My heart started to hurt again and I flung my arms around him trying to squeeze the pain out of his gorgeous eyes.

"Thanks" I heard him whisper into my hair as him arms came around my back to.

We stayed like that for another couple of minutes until my phone started vibrating in my pocket making us both jump. Parker moved his head away from the top my mine where he had been leaning it and took the phone out of the pocket for me.

His amused look came back as soon as he saw the caller ID.

"Yeah thanks for the privacy Parker." I said taking the phone out of his hand.

"Sorry." He muttered once again resting his head on top of mine. For once his tallness didn't annoy me and I just answered the phone without looking at the ID. I realized what a mistake that was after I said hello and Brendon's voice answered again. Okay really not the time......

"Oh hey Brendon." My voice when high pitched as Parker laughed picking up a piece of my hair and twirling it around him little finger.

"Rose jeez are you trying to contact the animals or something?" contact the animals...... okay.... health in check.

"Ummm sorry." Well what else could I say did I always have to turn convocations with Brendon awkward or something? Hell yeah...

Suddenly a loud blasting noise blasted its way out of my phone making me drop it and yep backwards away from Parker's comforting arms.

"Jesus!" I yelped pushing my hair out of my eyes where it had fallen after my jumping trip.

I bent down still holding my hair away from my face to pick up the phone still not putting it to my ear since I could hear from here how loud the music Brendon was playing. God that boy must be freaking deaf by now! Was he crazy?

I was still not putting the phone anywhere near my ear as Parker laughed taking it from me and putting it on the table as he leaned in to press his lips to mine. It wasn't like the other kisses we had had this was sweet and tender. His hand gently cupped the side of my face as the kiss went on and on.

"Rose? Sorry bout that..... Are you still there?" I groaned as Parker pulled his lips away from mine and leaned over to pick the phone back up. He place it in the palm of his hand waiting for me to take it. I looked down at it like it might bite my head off which of course made him laugh and of course Brendon heard that.

"Quit the pouting it's too cute." He whispered this time putting the phone to my ear.

"Err sorry Brendon what was up with that drastic music?" I took the phone from Parker's hand as he leaned back against the table looking very amused. Well at least he wasn't looking like a lost kitten anymore. Though I was not too sure which one I disliked more......

I rolled my eyes at him but he simple laughed and took like hand pulling me to him as Brendon muttered over the not so blearing music,

"Sorry I turned it on not realizing how loud it was. Couldn't find the button to turn it down Its new and all....." I rolled my eyes as Parker again picked up my hair and started blowing it in my face. I elbowed him softly well even if it wasn't softly I doubt he would have thought that it was hard. Damn muscle freak. Like I had thought he just laughed and carried on. It was so obvious that he wanted his presence know to the other person on the phone.

"Sorry Brendon I'm going to have to call you back. Parker's being a pain see ya." This made him smile and rap me up again in his arms as I quickly hang up the phone and plonked it on the side of the table that Parker was not leaning against.

"So I'm being a pain huh?" I looked up from his chest and raised my eyebrow as if this was not obvious. He ruffled my hair which just made me look at him as if he was mad and then pull my hand up to my hair to pull it out of my eyes.

"You are so being an pain." I said as I leaned up to give him a peck on the lips. Once he realized what I was doing he leaned down to help me with the height difference.

I moved away after that opening the fringe while Parker laughed,

"Your face when you I handed you the phone. God you look more scared of that than the idea of my brother killing you." I turned round to scowl at him but the damn fringe beeped saying that I had kept it open to long and if I did not close it, it would carry on beeping at me. Well okay. I turned back around and leaned against the fringe as I polled the lid of one of the two 7up's I had reserve out of the fringe. The other I chucked at Parker who with his annoyingly good catching skills court it in one hand and opened it in the other.

"Show off...." I muttered under my breath turning away to pick up my phone which I had just heard vibrate making it known that I had text.

"Excuse me. Did you just call me a show off?" I heard Parker's foot steps before I turned round to come face to face with him. He had put down his drink and was looking at me like I was supposed to answer him.

"Maybe....." I said turned back to my phone where a text from Stacy had come through.

Webcam get on it now. I need to show you something! x

I felt Parker's arms go round me before I felt my feet left off of the ground.

"Ahh Parker what the hell?" I laughed as he swung me round.

"Making you take it back. Show off me?" I laughed again and quickly squealed,

"Okay okay I take it back I take it back" he put me down on the ground and but didn't take his arms away from my waist but instead rested his head innocently on my shoulder looking sideways at me as I attempted to elbow him which he dogged.

"Quit it with the innocent eyes." I told him moving away and putting my phone in my pocket. As he took his hands away from my waist and followed me upstairs to the work room and the computer. The computer in my room was really slow whenever you put it on webcam so I tended to use the one in here.

It only accrued to me just before I turned on the webcam and Stacy's face popped up that Parker was behind me looking pretty please with himself. Argh!

"Okay.... Wowkay! Boyfriend alert. Thanks for the warning R!" I laughed as Parker sat down in the chair next to me and started playing with a pen. Of course the space he picks to sit is still in view of the cam as Stacy can still see he concentrated face. Well okay act normal will you......

I shook my head and turned back to the computer screen where Stacy to was looking at Parker then 'stage whispered'

"Is he okay?" which of course he looked up to and smile. I kicked him under the table but he just turned to me and laughed picking up my hand and replacing it for the pen. Smiling to himself about who knows what.

I pushed my hair out of my eye again with my other hand and asked,

"You said you wanted to show me something?" before she could notice anything else about Parker that made her think that he was crazy. I mean I was the crazy one here.

"OH yeah of course! God you got me forgetful with all this about your new boyfriend I mean I really didn't like Brendon he was a right jerk. No wait he still is a right jerk trying to get you back and all. OH sorry rose! I'm so slow your boyfriend's sitting right there and here I am talking about your old one. Sorry!" I could have sworn my cheeks had gone a bright red as usual but when I looked up at the screen the picture of me just showed a pale me. Well great now I was going pale. How is that even possible when it so hot outside. The sun was still blearing in on us as we sat here.

I was wearing a blue short sleeved shirt and a denim skirt. I had been wearing a cardi but had taken it off when it became too hot while tidying my messy room. Meanwhile Stacy was still apologizing for blurting out the fact that my Ex was an arrogant ass. I court a look at Parker's smug faces out of the corner of my eye and smile seeing that her 'saying' had done no damage.

"Stacy. It's okay. Back on target?" I reminded her while smiling to show that really it was okay.

"Yes of course sorry I'm doing it again! I do this all the time sorry. Right target....... umm..... OH yeah! " she disappeared from the screen and I heard her rummaging around looking for something.

Parker quickly checked that she was not on the screen before pulling my hand up to him lips to kiss it. I smiled a little bit and rolled my eyes as I heard soft swearing from the other end of the speakers.

"S you okay?" I ask looking at the screen as she stumbled back onto the screen with a huge picture in her hands.

"Yeah! Look at this! Io mean look at it! Now tell me you do not think he is beyond gorgeous!" she had enlarged a picture of the boy from the beach. His eight pack was shown pretty clearly in this picture and I simple had no words for it.

But of course Parker had some. Eak!

I heard him laugh under his breath but he didn't say anything then. Until he leaned forwards to whisper into my ear,

"your friend has some weird taste." Before leaning back smiling. I looked at him but couldn't think of anything to say so I turned round to the computer where Stacy was still grinning. Err I could think of anything to say here either..................

Well I'm stuck............

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 239K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
1.3M 80.7K 36
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
3.8M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
3.2M 133K 59
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...