another life 11

Chapter Eleven: Thursday 3:11pm

The song was going round and round my head like crazy. How had I even got the song stuck in my head it was impossible. I glanced away from the program on TV and stood up. I walked out of the living room making my way up to my room where I think I left my ipod. Well it had been there the last time I had checked.

When I reached my room with its cream walls and cluttered furniture covered in clothes I really could not be asked to put away I groaned. Looking for my ipod really was going to be a mission. Was it really worth it? The song started going around my head again making my choice for me.

I started by chucking all my clothes off of the table where I could have sworn I had put it down a few nights ago when I had got to tired and didn't really feel like being strangled by my head phones in the night.

Anyway it wasn't there leaving me pretty much helpless. I climbed my way over the mess I had just made and started yanking top after trousers after underwear away from the desk next to my bed.

No such luck.

Five minutes later I still had not found the damn singing thing! I was starting to question my sanity when I heard my Mum walking down the hall next to my room.

"Mum do you know where my ipod is?" I yelled hoping against hope that she knew and I could just get this song out of my head! Please!

"Sorry Hun- WowMyGod! What have you done to your room?" well oops.......

"Well..... song stuck in my head. I really needed to find my ipod....." I muttered under my breath as I made my eyes stare at the carpet beneath my feet.

"Tidy it up NOW!" great. Funfunfun!

Mum turned in the door way and left me to work. Well where to start. Well there's the tops over there or the now totally disorganized pile of CD's over there. Oh hell!

Half an hour later I was still nowhere near done and to tell you the trust the accomplishment of finding my ipod about eighteen minutes ago was not worth the pain of tiding this room! My arms were now killing me from lugging pile after pile of clean and not clean tops, trousers, dresses, skirts and underwear was not what I had had planned for today.

I heard my phone from all the way up here and quickly dropped the last pile of washing in the washing basket and closed the lid then slid out the door and quickly down the stairs I went.

I reached my mobile just in time,

"Hello?" I said trying not to drop the mobile when I realized it was the wrong way up....

"Rose? Why are you out of breath?" Brendon....... Why had I not looked at the caller ID before picking up the phone? Oh right yeah I'm an idiot.

"Oh right hey Brendon. I just ran down the stairs you know......" awkward!

"You running. God would have never guessed!" hmm funny.

"Right so you were calling because.......?" I sounded rude but I really was starting to feel the pain in my arms..... Okay that was a pore excuse...

"Sorry let me rephrase that how are you?" he simple laughed and said,

"You know just because we broke up it doesn't mean we can't hang out right?" well it wouldn't if you didn't keep with the snide comments...... okay think nice thoughts.

"Yeah. Ahhhh..... sorry damn settee jumping out of like nowhere......." I rubbed at my knee where I had just slammed it against the side of the settee when I had turned around trying to think what the hell I should be saying here.