another life ch 7

Chapter Seven: Monday 7:17pm.

I was lying on the settee watching some cheese advert my film had just finished and I could not be bothered to find something else so I continued to stare at the glistening screen.

Parker had left about free four hours ago making me promise him that I would call if anything was wrong and he swore if I didn't he wouldn't explain in more detail well damn him. I was just hoping that nothing happened so I had nothing to tell him. Stupid ghost!

I heard giggling way before I heard footsteps walking up my drive. Well here goes nothing!

I stood up and blinked a few times. I had that feeling you get when you have been sitting still too long and you were not used to standing. Well about that....

I stumbled to the door when the bell finally sounded and opened it to find four faces smiling at me. Well I could have swore I had invited Sophie, Megan and Kat but there was one more face that I recognized after a few seconds. Stacy!

"Oh my god Stacy! How was your holiday?" I said as she pulled me into a huge bear hug.

"Great. Spain is the best. But so unbelievable hot! You will never believe what happened! I'll tell you all about as soon as you spill about you and this boy you have been holding out on these free. Come on get started!" Well that they had already filled her in typical.

I rolled my eyes before letting them in the front door and we all walked up to my room so that they could dump their stuff.

As we walked back down stairs I could have sworn I saw the same white must that meant Cody was near. Well crap! Although as soon as I looked back it was gone. Shaking my head to try and seem normal. Well normal for me. I entered the living room with the others who I could tell from their faces all ready had about five-hundred questions lined up for me.

"Okay can you lot wait two minutes while I go get drinks and snacks?" I tried to do my best puppy dog eyes but gave up pretty soon since all I could see was Parker back at Soph's giving me his puppy dog eyes.

They looked at each other in a way that made me think they were not even going to let me out the room till they knew freaking everything. Eak!

The nodded suddenly but Sophie said,

"On one condition. You must first tell us if you are really going out with this guy. Wait do we even know his name. All I know is I slapped him in the face and you really didn't mind!" Well that one was pretty easy...

"Yes. Now can I escape for one minute?" They smiled and nodded again. Well this might be okay after all..... Just maybe.

When I reentered the living room a couple of minutes later with five drinks on a tray and a bag of crisp and chocolate. Hell it was the holidays who cared! The four of them were sitting on the two settees leaving enough room for me on the far left hand side next to Kat and Sophie. I plopped the tray down on the side table before sitting down carefully as to not sit on either of the others. I grabbed my drink and leaned back.

As soon as I was comfortable and they all had a drink in their hands they stared. And god did they ask me everything!

"So what is this guy's name?" Parker.

"Why have we not heard of him before my sleepover?" because we weren't going out then.

"Was that the first time you had kissed him?" Yes.

"Is he really as hot as this lot are telling me?" Umm depends....

"Well what does that mean?" Yes.