Another life

Hey this is my first story that i have uploaded but here it goes:it is alreday finished but i will upload it all if anyone actually thinks its of any interest to them. :)

By the way im sorry for the spelling and grammer, i'll just warn you now. Sorry :/

Hope you enjoy x

***

Chapter One: Monday 8:58pm

There was a loud bang as the door upstairs slammed shut meaning that everyone had left. Leaving me to an empty house. I was still standing stock still in the same place as I had been five minutes before. Before everything had unfolded and refolded itself in a completely different order. Things were changing inside my head but I blocked them out for later. Concentrating instead on my here and now.

The room was slowly getting darker and darker as the day closed to an end. There were no lights in this room but I could still make out silhouette of the round wooden table just to the left of where I stood in the square room. There were chairs scattered around the room where they had been abandoned minutes before. The room itself was quite big with a high ceiling. A round pillar stood in the centre of the shadowed room casting even more shadows across the old walls.

I continued to glance around the room. A lot had changed here in the last couple of minutes but nothing in this room looked the slightest bit different from the last time I had been here.

I had been only five or six years old when my Mum had gotten a better job and my Aunt had died leaving a great deal of money to us. We used it to move to a grander house in a better area than the one I was now standing in.

The only difference was the mess and dust catered around the place. Mum would have never allowed this.

I could hear the distant sound of a clock ticking away, disturbing the otherwise complete silence.

My mind was ringing with the voices of my friends and family, still with hope. I shook my head and brushed away the stray tear that had escaped my closed eyes with my free hand. I realised then that I was still holding on to the wooden rail of the stair case leading down to the basement.

The clock made a loader ticking noise striking ten times before going back it's the regular sound. Ten o'clock already? Oh.

I looked down at my hand, the one not still gripping on to the rail. My nails were long and painted blood red, my hand was shaking from my lack of balance on this narrow stairway.

The floorboards above the room I was in started to creak, as if someone had been standing there just as long as I had, but only now moving. I grabbed hold of the rail and made my way back up towards the empty living room. One step at a time. One more step. When I reached the top of the flight of stairs, the sound of the clocks ticking got loader. How long had I been standing down there in the basement only now leaving to enter the room above where I had listening to the people?

I stumbled my way over towards the soft cushioned chair where my cousin had been sitting before.

When I reached it I slumped down with a great 'oaf' sound. I heard the creaking floorboards again but this time they sounded so much loader. Was there someone up there? I shook my head again, no I had been here before that sound was just ordinary to me. No it wasn't that. It was just me being jumpy as always but not just that it was from what I had just heard. No there was no one up there and there was definitely no....... what was I going to say. No it was not that. God I am getting paranoid. There is no one else in this house and there is certainly no ghost! Get a grip!

There it was again. I horridly stood up and started to walk towards the direction of the door. The night was falling fast now. I could only just make out the objects in front of me, but that made no deferens because I had walked through this house a million times. The saying 'know it better than the back of my hand' was the only way I could think of to describe how I felt about this house.