Another Life

By Jemn1611

What if you thought you had lost it all? Would that make it easier to exept the unimaginable? For Rose after... More

Another life
Another life ch3
another life ch 5
another life ch6
another life ch 7
another life ch 8
anther life ch 9
another life 10
another life 11
another life 12
another life 13
another life 14
The Ending

another life ch4

166 2 1
By Jemn1611

Chapter Four: Friday 11:32pm

We had just finished tiding the large day room and I was still looking at Parker like he was the most idiotic selfish person in the freaking world! I mean if it had been him that had made all theses weird things happen I swear I would kill him!

I looked up then with the most annoyed look I could muster to see Parker staring straight back at me with a look of a boy who knew very well that he had been court doing something he shouldn't be by someone who was about to punish him.

He was right of course. I was this close to walking over to him now and slapping him senseless! Only seconds after thinking this Sophie walked right up to him and did just that!

I realized that my face had gone into a look of total surprise. Had my little defenseless friend really just gone and slapped a boy she really didn't know in the slightest.

"Wow good on ya Soph" I called from the other side of the room from where Parker still stood stock still from being slapped by a 5ft 2in girl.

Parker recovered himself quickly and looked down away from my gaze and continued to sweep up the all ready gone glass. Well at least he was trying to help by cleaning up. Although this did nothing to soften my feelings for him.

Minutes later we were done having the broken window and the chilly breeze that was now blowing freely in to remind us of what had happened. I shivered with the newly renewed cold. I hadn't felt it so much since I had been moving around cleaning up the mess with the others but now it seemed impossible to ignore.

"Here take this you look freezing" I looked up to see Parker offering me his jacket. I shook my head not wanting to accept anything from him.

"Please?" He asked with pleading puppy dog eyes. Oh god now I understand why no girl could resist the puppy dog eyes they were adorable!

I took the jacket saying thanks quickly and trying as hard as I could to not look into his eyes again in case I was court up enough to forget what he had just done and forgive him too quickly.

Stupidly I looked at my friends still huddled round the window pane only to see Kat looking at me with knowing eyes

What was that meant to mean? I shook my head in her direction mean that whatever it was that she was thinking was not going to happen but court sight of the other faces in part of the unbroken window. They were giving me the same expression of knowing.

Oh why did I bother! I looked away from then trying to appear undisturbed by their gaze and looked straight back at Parker who was still giving me the puppy dog eye. Oh god no!

I looked into his eyes and felt myself forgiving him. Typical can't I even be mad at this boy for more than five freaking minutes?!?!

I heard Megan cough loudly and looked away from Parker quickly. Even looking down at the ground I could feel Parker's eyes boring into me. The strange thing was they didn't make me feel awkward at all. Help me!

Sophie motioned for us to leave the room and I followed quickly behind the others until we came to the door and Sophie looked at me in a way that said 'no way, you are staying here' I gave her my pleading eyes hoping that she wouldn't really make me stay here and sort out Parker.

"Please" I mouthed at her but she shook her head and motioned for the others to leave. Oh she was so going to pay for this!

I turned around and came face to face with Parker who was standing close behind me. I looked up at him and he quickly moved his head down to mine. Planting his lips right on mine. All thought of mine rushed out of my head in an instant and my arms went round his neck in an attempt to keep his lips on mine. His lips started off softly but then became urgent and his hand were on the back of my head holding me to him where as his other hand was on my back that I now realized was pressed against the wall next to the door my friends had just abandoned me throw. This was only thought that were going on in the back of my mind since the only main this I could think was how good I felt to be kissing Parker.

I had kissed others before of course but it had never felt like this. I didn't even want to question it.

Slowly I felt Parker pull back softly without letting go of me. I still had my eyes closed when I felt his lips come back down on mine with a lot more force than before. I struggled to stay on my feet as Parker's lips came down even more forcefully than before and pressed my back even harder against the wall with his hand moving onto my waist to keep from crushing his hand, whereas his other hand was still knotted tightly into my hair keeping my face to his.

Mean while his tongue was making little circles in my mouth explore every inch of my own mouth. I could hear my heart doing little flips as he tightened his embrace.

Suddenly the moment was broken with a loud cough. I quickly pulled my lips away from Parker but Parker was not having any of that and pulled me back to him with a harsh fuck off in the direction of Kat who I presume was still standing at the now wide open door.

Parker's lips came back down on mine again with the same force as before. Only this time I had to pull away. It took all my sanity I had left to lift my hand to his chest and push him away with my pathetic amount of strength because I must admit this was the last thing I wanted to do and Parker knew it. Slowly he took his lips back away from mine and grudgingly untangled himself from me taking a step back. He was wearing a way to smug expression on his feature that normal would have made me mad but it was all I could do to stop myself from smiling at him. What had gotten into me? I didn't usually act like this.

"Well......Ummm..... You see.........Umm...... I guess I gotta go................See you later." I muttered grabbing my bag and hurrying out of the freezing cold room into the hall and over to the door. I heard heavy footsteps behind me but didn't turn round to see who had followed me. I escaped though the door without a backwards glance and into the even colder night. Was it really possible to be this cold? I realized then that I had forgotten my coat back at Sophie's house. Oh freaking hell! I was now almost half a street away from her house and really to tell the truth I couldn't go back there yet until I knew I could explain what the hell I had been doing!

I heard the footsteps again I had nearly forgotten that someone had followed me out of the house and I blushed a bright shade of red at the thought of having to explain what had gone on in the house. I didn't even want to think about having to explain me kissing or was that even the appropriate word for it? Some person I had known for pretty much a week. I blushed a deeper red when I felt the ruff material of my old American cheerleader's jacket slipping over my arms as Parker came up behind me keeping his arm over my shoulders. He pulled me into his side with his arm and looked down at me in that same way.

"Stop looking at me like that." I scolded looking down at the floor as he laughed and tilted his head to the side trying to look me in the face. I moved my face away from him so he wouldn't see my flaming red cheeks.

"Oh come on Rose. Look at me." He said softly although I could tell he was deeply amused by my silence. What wasn't he amused about?

"Quit it!" I laughed as he started to try tickling my side with his free hand. I tried to pull away from him but he kept his arm firmly trapped around my shoulders.

"There's that smile." He chuckled still trying to look me in the face. He was still not succeeding.

We were half a street from my house when I really started to feel the cold and shivered pulling my coat tighter round me. Parker noticed my violent shivers and pulled me even closer to his side. This time I went without any complaint. He pulled his open jacket around me as well. We continued the walk back to my house in silence only the occasional laugh from Parker whenever he had to stop me from falling over tree trucks that had to typically stick out right in front of where I chose to walk. You would have thought with the amount of money the people who lived in these houses had they could at least spend a little on taming there trees.

Of course Parker would find this amusing and of course he would find yet more ways to embarrass me. He of course came through with both of these things in a short amount of time as I could have presumed possible. Parker still had his arm firmly around my shoulders as we entered my road and came to a stop just in front of my house. I started to feel a sense of déjà vu apart from last time when he had walked me home I had gotten mad at his and stalked off in a hissy fit. As you was normal for a seventeen year old girl. I blushed at this memory and of how Parker had found this particular moment funny.

I shivered again as the cold air rushed past the protection of both mine and Parker's coats leaving boss bumps all over my arms.

"Well this is good bye again." Parker said all ready leaning down to put his lips once again on mine. Again I felt the sweet sensation of being in the right place and at only this place would I ever feel like I was home.

This time the kiss was sweet but short and oh too soon Parker was pulling his face away with a triumphant smile on his face. He bent down again but only to kiss my forehead and whisper in my ear,

"Watch out for yourself...... I know how clumsy you are already." I was not looking at him but I court the change in his expression out of the corner of my eye. He was once again glaring at fin air but I no longer questioned whatever was going on, I had seen enough for one evening and was really not looking forward to reliving what had happened. Slowly I untangled myself from Parker's protective arm and turned towards my door. I remembered that I should probable give Parker my phone number and save me a lot of time trying to explain to myself what the hell I had been on while at Sophie's. When I turned back around Parker was standing with his hand on his arm and a look of pain in his eyes.

"Parker? What? What happened?" I asked stepping forwards to look at his arm forgetting that I felt very awkward with him since only moments ago I had been kiss him after only knowing him for so little time.

Parker looked down at his now blood covered hand and tried to smile impishly at me with those same puppy dog eyes he had used on me earlier.

"I just got court by the glass when I shattered. It's nothing just a scratch I'll put something on it when I get back home." He replied looking convincingly at me. I started to protest but was cut short by Parker planting his lips once again down on mine silencing me for another few second before shuffling back and pulling a piece of folded paper out of the pocket in the back of his jeans and handing it to me. I opened it and found an eleven digit number with Parker's full name at the top.

Parker Temp

*insert phone number here*

"Thanks." Was all I could say as I put the piece of paper into my bag and swinging it back over my shoulder.

"Are you sure your arms okay?" I asked sounding more than a little awkward.

"Oh come on Rose. I might be weird as you very obviously think" I blushed as he said this "But I'm not that much of a wimp now go in from the cold all ready. I'll see you soon." He put his warm friendly arms back around me so he could give a small slightly more than just friendly hug good bye.

I jogged over to my front door turned and waved then pulled my key out of my pocket and into the door. Strangely enough I drop my keys and again have to pick them up. This was really starting to feel like déjà vu.

When the door was open and I was once again back in the warmth of my own home and the comfort of having my Mum only walls away to keep me sane and 'safe'.

The music was blaring out from down stairs where my Mum couldn't find how to turn it off from the last time I had used the radio.

"Mum, turn the right turner all the way." I yelled down to her how to turn off the radio. Seconds later I was still hearing the same song 'hurtful' by Erik Hassel playing at a way to high volume for me as I had just been woken up by it and really I was not the most gracious person when having had next to no sleep.

I had come in last night still as confused as ever only this time add two things. One what had happened with the door at Sophie's and two what was Parker playing at? I had gone to bed thinking both these things over and over again but mostly I thought about Parker. Well could you really blame me? I was confused as to why he had kissed me so suddenly and also to why I hadn't pushed him away. Why I hadn't wanted to push him away.

I jumped out of bed straight onto my bag and slipped onto my back with a quiet yelp that from the sound of the music which had now turned to some dancing number from Daft Punk which is what I listen to whenever I want to write fast. This comes in handy with homework.

I picked myself up and grabbed my dressing gown pulling it on as I rushed down stairs. when I final reached the kitchen where the music was incredible louder I pushed the door open and went straight over to my Mum who was standing next to the freaking annoying radio.

I knocked my Mum's had away from the turners and went straight to the far right one and turned it to the right as I had yelled down to my Mum only moments ago. Quickly the music went down to a more respectable volume.

"Thank you love. That thing drives me crazy it never does what I say!" I turned to look at my Mum as she said this. I raised my eyebrow at her how many times had I told her the right way to use the simplest radio?

I turned away while rolling my eyes and walked back on of the room and up the stairs to my room. Hopefully I will be able to get some more sleep in before I was needed again.

I pushed my bedroom door open and for the second time in two day I walked straight into something standing in front of me. I jumped backwards but steadied myself before falling this time. I looked at the thing I had just walked into and noticed that there was a sort of mist like shape there. I could tell that my eyes had gone as wide as an owl but I couldn't stop them. Slowly I could see that shape moving towards me getting closer and closer. I could feel the same sensation of breathing on my face and then it was gone I heard the heavy footsteps as it ran down the corridor over to the far window on the over side.

I was still stuck standing next to the wall not knowing what I should be doing when I saw a shadow falling from the same direction as whatever it was had just been. I quickly moved my feet so that I was standing ready to run but as soon as I did this I saw that the shape coming round the corner was a tall figure with light blonde hair.

Parker.

He turned and saw me. His face was not amused at all and he must have seen the look on his face because his softened and he walked over to me in four long strides. In seconds he was by my side with his hands around me in a comforting way.

"Are you okay?" He asked bending down so he could see my face better. I nodded and tried to turn my face the other way I must look scared. Scared of what I had no idea but my heart was still beating like crazy in my chest and I had no idea what I had just seen.

Parker bout his arms more firmly around me and put my head to his chest in an attempt at comforting me. I didn't even think to ask how the hell he had got in or why but I really didn't blame myself I couldn't be bothered!

Remembering that my Mum was only down stairs and could probable come up at anytime I pulled away from him and tried to untangle my arms from his. I felt so small next to him I was only 5ft 8in god what was he?

Okay yeah it's true I am trying to distracted myself was it working? No.

"How did you get in?" I asked looking in the direction of where he had just come from.

"And why are you here?" I looked back at him I could tell that confusion was plain on my face as I started to think about what I had just said and how it really did seem weird that as soon as something weird happened Parker appeared only seconds later, if not at the same time.

"Oh well.... as to how I got well the window was open and well I'm pretty good at climbing and well as to why that would be a very long..... Awkward convocation that I will explain later." Parker looked down at me as he said this. Still with the looking down it was not normal how tall he was.

I realized again too late that I had actually asked him how tall he was. Why do I do such stupid things all the time?

"Well not really sure exactly but the last time I measured I was 6ft 4in." he was still smiling down at me in a way that proved that he like being a lot taller than me and found it amusing that I had asked. Even though I had not meant to which I had another feel he knew as well.

I nodded and looked down at the floor still wondering why he had come in just after whatever the mist thing had been had disappeared. Parker must have guessed that I was still thinking about it and pulled m into another bear hug that left me squished to his chest with little room to breathe. I buried my face into the cloth of his dark shirt and hid there till I remembered what I was wearing and felt myself physically shrinking in on myself.

"What's wrong?" I heard Parker murmured into my hair still not letting go of me. Oh just kill me now before he points it out. Why did I have to have run down stairs in my pajamas and a dressing gown and why did I have to be stupid enough to wear shorts and a large t-shirt why can't I think of these things and save myself a hell of a lot of embarrassment.

"Really what? If you're worried your Mum will come up and find me I'll go and ring the door bell. Or just go if that what you want." again he was still Mumbling into my hair and I saw a great opportunity for both my worries. I pulled back a little and nodded saying,

"Would you mind ringing the door bell?" I asked still not able to look him fully in the face. I was sure that he saw my bright red cheeks but he didn't comment for a change. Instead he took his arm away from me, kissing my forehead and walking back towards the window. I was still looking down when I heard him say,

"Like the pajamas and dressing gown by the way." Before slipping down the side on the window to walk round the house towards the door. Great.....

I rushed in to my room and hurriedly dressed in blue and white polka dot dress. It was way too hot outside to wear trousers. I had a quick look in the mirror and pulled my hair back into a messy ponytail before walking down the stairs where the door bell had just gone. Hopefully now I would get an explanation for why I had run into mist at my door twice now and as to why Parker had turned up at the same time.

When I reached the door I realized my Mum was still in the kitchen cooking lunch. Wow Thanks for getting the door then!

I opened the door to Parker's kind face and was quickly suspicious about what he was up to. I moved to the side so he could come in a hopefully explain pretty quickly but instead he walked straight past me with only a sly wink and into the kitchen he went. What the hell?

"Mrs. Smith." I heard Parker start, what was he playing at? I moved quickly into the kitchen where Parker was saying,

"I was wondering if it would be okay if I took Rose here" he gestured to me standing behind him with more than a little bit of a confused expression. "To the park for lunch out? If that was okay with you that is." Parker finished still looking at my Mum waiting for her reply. He really must be mad if he thought he was going to get past my Mum that easily. I couldn't help but laugh. When Parker and my Mum both turned to look at me I tried to turn it into a cough.

I was surprised when seconds later Mum answered with a friendly yes as long as I didn't mind. Who had he.....?

"Thank you Mrs. Smith." Parker said while turning and doing something that looked to me much like a bow of the head. As Parker turned fully around he winked at me and signaled for me to go out of the kitchen door first. When I had picked up a small cardigan from the cupboard under the stairs and was heading towards the door I looked up at Parker who was wearing a smug expression and raised my eyebrow at him. He struggled and picked up my keys from the table next to the door handing them to me he opened the door with his other hand. When we were outside with my key in my pocket and my cardigan on Parker held his hand out for me to take it. When I did he started pulling me in the direction of the park where he had said he would be getting me lunch. He defiantly had some explaining to do that was for sure.

I looked up at sky when we reached the edge of the wide open spread park and saw that there was really not even a cloud in the sky to block out the blazing sun. I closed my eyes as we crossed over from the hard pavement onto the soft grass and felt Parker's hand tighten on mine making me open my eyes again and look at him. He was looking at the ground as if it held the secrets that he knew I was going to ask. What was so bad about what it was that I wanted to know? What was the worst it could be?

"Rose?" he asked looking up at me straight in the eyes.

"ROSE" I heard someone else call from somewhere to my right. I turned to look and saw Brendon a boy from my collage that I had gone out with for a while last year we were still friends even after we broke up since we both 'agreed' that we were better off being just friends. To tell you the truth I just really couldn't be that harsh and had felt really bad for him after one of the other girl at my school had dumped him for someone else and let him take me to the summer dance. Big mistake.

"Hey Brendon" I called after softly swearing under my voice. This had made Parker laugh and look a lot happier that he had been interrupted.

As Brendon got closer to where I and Parker were standing I saw out of the corner of my eye a large football coming straight at me with tremendous force. It was too late for me to just duck and by the time I had turned round and made sure that it was really coming at me it was seconds before it hit me.

Quickly I saw Parker's hand whip round and hit the foot ball away. I closed my eyes then looked back up at Parker who was looking around the park with a watchful eye,

"Thanks" I said looking back down at the dry ground. For once my cheeks were not bright red and were completely their same complexion that my Dad had given me.

"Wow Rose still a danger magnet then huh?!?" Brendon laughed as he finally met us where we were standing next to a tree with its large leaves hanging low enough that I gave us a little shade. I shrugged in response it was true I really was a danger magnet

My hand was still in Parker's and Brendon's gaze fell on them nearly straight away a look flashed across his face for a split second and although I couldn't be sure it looked like hurt. That made no sense though we had slit up nearly half a year ago we had agreed to be friends then to he must be over me all ready. Right? Now I was blushing and took a little step back and realized that I had backed right up into Parker's chest where he typically let go of my hand and put his arms around me to keep me there. Great thanks for making this just that bit more awkward than it all ready was.

I closed my eyes as the same look crossed across Brendon's face. Well this just gets better. Here I was trying to find out what was going on with all this craziness that had been going on since I had visited my old houses but instead I was here with Parker's arms around me while standing in front of my ex.

"So what have you been up too this summer? It's been so hot!" I said to try and break the awkwardness that had been starting to build up.

"Oh not a much I just got back from Spain two days ago on Thursday. If you think it's hot here you haven't seen anything." And his normal cheery expression was back and he went on for another minute or so telling us/me about his trip and how cool it had been that he had swam with dolphins.

"So who's your... friend?" he asked eventually when his story was over.

"Oh right this is Parker, Parker this is Brendon." I said moving as much as I could with the restrictions of Parker's arms. Brendon looked up at Parker then, I'm not on my own there then Brendon was a lot taller than me but he still had to crane his neck to look at Parker in the face. Oh please tell me they weren't really having a stare off! Oh but they were. I looked up at Parker who was still glaring at Brendon with a new amusement in his eyes. Well that made a change having him laughing at someone else instead of me. Miracles do happen!

I continued to look up at Parker till it became obvious that he was going to keep this up until he won and instead decided to lean back against Parker's chest out of boredom but of course Parker tightened his arms around me still not looking away from his stare off. God! Do boys really have to be soo immature it's impossible!

"Okay if you don't mind I'm just going to go get a drink at the cafe see you in a min." I said once the annoyance of having two boys that I swear were trying their hardest to annoy me struck in.

"Huh oh wait I'll come with you." Parker said as I tried to untangle myself from his arms.

I gave Parker a look that I knew was pretty pathetic but didn't care. He laughed at me like I thought he would and slung his arm around my shoulders pulling me towards the cafe on the other side of a few trees. I looked back at Brendon and waved bye as we walked away. Okay was this amused look infectious or something? Now it was Brendon wearing it instead of Parker. Oh no wait he was to.

I stared at the bumpy ground as if it had been that that had offended me instead of the embarrassment Parker and Brendon had decided to put me though as we made our way towards the cafe. God if people could hear my thoughts they would so think I was a spoilt teenager I sounded so much like one. I gave up on being mad at Parker and snuggled up to his side.

"And here I was thinking that you were mad at me. I mean put me straight and all but I swear you did just give me a 'death' glare." he laughed looking down at me under his arm. In response I just shrugged and let him put my head on his shoulder. Well I say shoulder I really mean as close to his shoulder as my height could reach. I laughed as Parker tried to tickle my side again.

"God what is up with you and the tickling I was already smiling this time?" I laughed as he carried on.

Finally he stopped and once again put his arm loosely around my shoulders.

"So what is it you want to drink?" he moved me over to where all the drinks stood with all their multi-colored labels n plain view. When I had been younger and my Dad had taken me and my cousins out for lunch on the weekends he used to take us here and get us to each choose a drink and cake. With us promising not to tell Mum since she would never allow cake when it was not a special occasion. I would stare at the different colors in wonder taking forever to choose which one I wanted. My Dad would have laughed and pulled one down for me from the top shelf and said what about this one. It was always the same red apply and grape juice.

When my Dad first died I used to come out here every day and buy the same drink. It was just not the same somehow though. Sitting there along drinking the same drink my Dad had always picked for me.

I sighed now and reached for the same drink and putting other hand in my pocket to pull out some money but Parker was already taking the drink from my head and walking over to the pay register with his drink in the other hand.

When Parker was back carrying both drinks we left the cafe and made our way round to the group of tables that were laid out on the over side of cafes back wall. Here Parker guided us to a table hear the back and put the drinks down.

"Is it okay if we get something to eat in a little while I would rather get this talking over first?" he whispered while I sat down and he took the seat opposite mine.

"Sure. So you are going to start telling me what it is that's been going on? At last?" Really was it that hard to tell me what could be that bad? I raised my eyebrow at him and he sank back into his seat like he was trying to put of saying what he was about to tell me.

"Well I'll start from the beginning but just please do me one favor?" he asked before continuing. I nodded and he went on.

"Please don't get mad at me I.... I know this is not a topic you like." He looked down at his drink as I nodded again pulling my brows together now.

"Okay I promise. Now will you tell me." I said picking up my drink which I had offered to pay for but had been turned down straight by a sharp laugh of 'you're kidding right'. I started to pull off the lid but it was stiff and ended up letting Parker take it from my heads and opening it easily with one hand then handing it back. I murmured my thanks and told him to continue.

"Well.... You know when your father died?" I nodded looking down. So this is what it was going to be about. "He died in a car crash two years ago. Am I right?" I nodded again still looking down.

"He was a cab driver and well he wasn't the only person in the car at the time." I looked up then and raised my eye brows. Was he telling me that my Dad had killed someone else while killing himself? No wonder he thought I was going to get mad. Of course I was. Was he crazy?

"What are you saying? If this was even remotely true I would have heard about it before now. How could you...." I began to stand but Parker beat me to it and came round the table to block my path.

"Please? You promised you would hear me out. I did tell you this was a convocation you didn't want to hear." When I looked up I saw that Parker was giving me his adorable puppy dog eyes which hell could you really blame me for sitting back down and waiting for him to start again?

"Like I was saying......."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 109K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
2.8M 63.1K 81
Diana is an 18 year old girl about to start her senior year until she bumps into a woman at the bookstore who has quite the personality. The woman ta...
7.2M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
43.6M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...