Vacant ~ Book One In the...

De GEMGLOW

Silent, always silent.My heartbeat echos in the stillness that surrounds me.I've been alone awhile now, 197 d... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Epilogue

Chapter 17

52 10 0
De GEMGLOW

Feathery touches woke me.  Fingers slid down my cheeks and along my job.

" Wake up Rory" Frost whispered.

I opened my eyes and smiled at him.

"Morning Seáinín," are applied as he continued to strip by cheek.

"Morning Rory." He leaned forward and gently kissed me, soft as butterfly wings.  As he pulled away he grinned and shoved me off to bed!

"Hey!" I shouted indignantly from the floor.

Frost rolled with laughter on the bed, that is until I grabbed the blanket and pulled.  Soon he was the shocked  one.  Laughter through the room.

"Lord Frost?Roghnaithe?  Are you awake?" Came a voice from the door.

"Yes, we are" Frost replied laughter evident in his voice.

"Breakfast is ready in the High Priestess wishes to leave by midmorning."

"OK we will belong."

Frost and I rose from the floor, smiling at each other.

" Your dresses are next door Rory.  Go change and wash.  We will need at my door shortly OK?"

" Alright Seáinín.  See you soon." I exited Frost's room, entering my own.

Quickly washing and redressing in a light blue gown, and left the planes space that matched Frost's.

Frost was waiting for me and offered his arm before leading me down the hall and the stairs.  The large dining room had several rows of chairs and tables.  The High Priestess was  towards the front with several others eating with her.

We found empty places nearby and began a simple breakfast.  Hot porridge with honey and milk, followed by fried meat, and a potato and vegetable mixture.  Lastly coffee was brought out.

"Roghnaithe." The High Priestess spoke.

"Yes?"

" Are you ready?  We will leave shortly."

"Yes, we're prepared to go.  Are your people ready?  Are Robin's?"

"Yes, all is set.  Good we'll even 10 then,Roghnaithe."

" A moment though." She rose and  beckoned me to follow her.  We entered a small room with just a table and a chair.

" Do you still have the fairy ointment that Morph gave you?"

"Yes, here, I keep it on me at all times.  Morph  said I would need it.  "

" Blessed Morph!  You need to enchant it.  Give it a reveal spell so that Robin's troops and Lord Frost will be able to see the Wicked Unseelie that have hidden in magic."

"OK, I can do that." I chanted  the revealing spell over the ointment in the container.

" Done.  Shall I give it  to Frost and Robin now?"

" Yes, let's go prepare to leave now." She patted my arm as we left the room.

Frost was already waiting.  I passed him the ointment.

"You must rub this on your eyes Frost.  It's fairy ointment with a reveal spell.  Rozeen told me we would need it.  Also give it  to Robin and have him and his troops to the same."

Frost of the container quickly doing as I had bade him and left.

I gathered my skirts climbing the stairs to my room.  My cloak was already waiting.  I swung it on  and retraced my steps to the front hall.

No one was there so I open the doors to the courtyard.  This was full of horses and men.  Two white horses and a black stood near the steps.

"Rory" Frost called.

" There  you are.  Are we riding?"

" Yes, take this horse." He helped me mount a beautiful snowy white mare.  She was calm despite me setting bells jingling.

"Why bells Seáinín?"

" Many believe bells keep the Wicked Unseelie away."

"Oh, well whenever helps." I smiled back.

" We are already?" The High Priestess questioned as she mounted her white horse.

"Yes, let's go." Frost replied leaping onto the black horse.

We left the abbey slowly, Robin could be seen just behind us.  His troops spilling out to either side as they formed a line behind us.

Barely an hour could have passed when I saw something shimmering along the space in  front of us.  I could still see mountains and sky ahead.  It was almost as if the veil was hanging from the sky, slightly affecting the view.

" You see my child?" Rozeen questioned.

" Yes, it shimmers oddly."

"Excellent.  Now concentrate we need to see the gate."

I looked closely at the road before us.  Scaring I drew on my magic, yes, there were gates.

" There Rozeen, I see them."

"Yes, I can too.  We stop before them" she instructed.  We dismounted.  As we gathered the gates gleamed  black and shiny, a red hue to them.

Robin's troop gathered near us, circling so that we'd be in the center should anything attack.

Wind  blew and eddied around us as the the Decider and two other dragons landed nearby.  Their great wings folding against their bodies as they lined up near the wall.  The Decider  that aided Frost was closest.

"Roghnaithe how fair thee?" He asked.

" I am well, soon to be much better great Decider" I smiled.

" Well, let us begin then " he seemed amused by my answer.

I looked to Rozeen.  As High Priestess she would direct everyone.

"Deciders, you will need to touch each other in some way.  One will need to hold my shoulder, I will hold Roghnaithe's.  When I say she will release a power into the gates, sealing them and  the walls.  Rory the D' Jai Orb?  Place it at the base of the gates.  Careful!  Don't touch them with your hands yet."

Everyone moved to do as Rozeen had instructed.  Carefully I removed the orb from its case  and eased it against the gates.  It rested on the ground.  It's ever changing hues becoming  greener as it leaned on the grass.

" Ready everyone?" Rozeen called out.  Murmurs of consent answered back.

"Roghnaithe, I am going to begin once you feel my hands on your shoulders.  You know what to do, then touch the gate.

I nodded, taking a deep breath in turning.  The gate seem to fill my sight.  Gently I fell Rozeen's hands land and then grip my shoulders.  Warmth and power flooded through me.  My hair snapped and crackled as the power rose.

"Now,Roghnaithe!" Rozeen whispered.

Using a small knife I cut my palms.  Blood and welled as I reached my hands forward, sliding my fingers through the railings before grasping them tightly.

The railings began to vibrate as power flowed from me and into them.  I could barely hear Rozeen's chanting, the sound of bells rang louder than her voice.

" We're nearly there" the Decider spoke above everything.

Suddenly there was a boom.  Glancing out of the corner of my eye I saw darkened shadows forming near Robin's troops.

"Their coming!" Frost yelled.

"Focus Roghnaithe" the Decider commanded.

I turn my focus back to the gates just as I heard Frost cry out.

"What happened?" I shouted terrified to look.

No one answered so I glanced a game towards him.  He was on the ground a dark shape rising over him.

" Finish it Roghnaithe, stop watching me" he shouted as he stumbled to his feet.

"Do not turn from me" spoke the dark shape as it raise a sword and swung at Frost's back.

"FROST!" I screamed in warning.

A warning they came too late.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

Why...? De Z Spades

Mistério / Suspense

67 2 15
The only thing that was left behind is question... So, read at your own risk. #action #fantasy #thriller #gore #crime #revenge #angst #mystery #1_per...
31.1K 870 25
REN. "I like you, Mizuku." It was just a short sentece. What was I afraid of again? My world which seemed so huge before, was it always this small...
550 18 18
I've been trying to get out of here for 8 years will I ever escape and meet the man from my dreams he has to be real I know he is ryder I can feel he...
My Short Life De Ariana

Mistério / Suspense

64 0 7
I didn't think about how I would cease to live. I always just thought about family and being myself and just going on with life without a care in the...