A Fine Line [N.H]

By InesAbdallah3

There's a fine line between love and insanity. What will Ivy do after she moves to L.A and sees her ultimate... More

Chapter One: Flicker - Backstory
1.2 - Flicker - Coffee
1.3 - Flicker - Safe Distance
1.4 - Flicker - Withdrawal
Chapter Two: Attempts - Hike
2.2 - Attempts - No Control
2.3 - Attempts - Twins
2.4 - Attempts - Clouds
Chapter Three: London - Plane
3.2 - London - Pub Lunch
3.3 - London - Olly
3.4 - London - Anxious Dinner
3.5 - London - Phone Stroll
Chapter Four: Bliss - Nando's
4.2 - Bliss - Hyde
4.3 - Bliss - Monday
4.4 - Bliss - Flight Back
Chapter Five: Impulse - Welcome back
5.2 - Impulse - AM
5.3 - Impulse - Housebound
5.4 - Impulse - Since We're Alone
Chapter Six: Threat and Safety - The Office
6.2 - Threat and Safety - Movie Night
6.3 - Threat and Safety - Work Lunch
6.4 - Thread and Safety - Date Night
Chapter Seven: Revelations - Truth
7.2 - Revelations - Dare
7.3 - Revelations - New Friend
7.4 - Revelations - Sydney
Chapter Eight: Landslide - You and Me
8.2 - Landslide - Home
8.3 - Landslide - San Diego
8.4 - Landslide - Advice
Chapter Nine: Light - Aftermath
9.2 - Light - Music Video
9.3 - Light - Birdie
9.4 - Light - Stargazing
Chapter Ten: Carefree - Guitars
10.2 - Carefree - VMAs
10.3 - Carefree - Promises
10.4 - Carefree - Liam
Chapter Eleven: Leisure - Live
11.2 - Leisure - Athens
11.3 - Leisure - Single
11.4 - Leisure - Dream
Chapter Twelve: The Tide - Issues
12.2 - The Tide - Promotion
12.3 - The Tide - Twenty-FOUR

12.4 - The Tide - Holidays

2.1K 48 44
By InesAbdallah3

Niall's POV

I wait for Ivy to step out of her room, before going to Liam's for dinner. It's not that it's a formal dinner, but we've all decided to dress up a tiny bit. When she finally walks back in the sitting room, I look at her head to toe, she's so beautiful, sometimes I can't even believe that she's with me! She's wearing a beautiful three-quarter sleeves burgundy velvet dress, with black flats of course, and the locket and bracelet I got for her.

'Ready?' She asks me breaking me out of my trance.

'Yeah! Let's go we don't want to be late!'

I help her put on her coat then I do the same.

'You look so beautiful by the way!' I compliment her, placing a quick kiss on her cheek because I didn't want to ruin her lipstick just before we get out.

When we got there, I noticed from the cars in the parking that everyone's there already.

'Someone is excited to see you! They're here already! We're not late are we?' I ask.

She looks at the clock on her phone and then shows me, the clock reads 7:01 PM.

'Nop, just on time!' She affirms.

We don't wait long before the door flew open, Liam welcoming us with open arms.

'Niall! Mate! I missed you so much! Ivy! So nice to see you again! You look wonderful by the way!'

'Aww! Thank you, Liam! You're so sweet!'

'Please come on in!' He walks us to the sitting room where Harry and Tommo were. As soon as we come in the room, they stand up greeting Ivy, like I didn't even exist! I don't blame them really. It's not that often that I introduce them to my girlfriends, not since the break anyway, there was never the time.

'So nice to finally meet you!' Harry greets her. She holds her hand out for a handshake but he asked for a hug instead. I forgot how awkward she gets around new people. And I guess she's a little intimidated by Harry. He has that effect on people.

'Niall isn't she too tall to be with you?' Louis teases me.

'Hey! You're one to talk, mate' I jokingly snap.

'Just kidding, love! You two look amazing together! And you seem like a lovely person from what I've heard. So happy that you and Neil found your way to each other.'

I sigh at the name he used, but I look at my baby laughing and hugging Louis, I'm glad they're getting along. She seems comfortable.

Ivy's POV

After the introductions and the small talks, Liam leads us to the dining room where the variety of food is beautifully set on the table.

'Wow! Everything looks amazing! Did you do all that Liam?' I ask.

'Well, we all helped!'

'All of you?' Niall and I say simultaneously.

'Well... Mostly me and Harry, and some things we bought them ready from outside, to be honest! But Louis helped!' Liam explained.

Niall laughs and I ask, 'Really? That's awesome! What did you do? Chicken stuffed with mozzarella wrapped in parma ham with a side of mash?'

'I will not sit here and take this mockery!' Louis dramatically complains.

'We're just joking around! Relax!' Liam comforts Louis.

'Yeah! But really what did you do?' I insist.

'I did the mash...' He mumbles.

'And here I was wondering why it tastes so good! Thank you, Louis!' I compliment, making him smile.

After dinner, we sit around the fireplace on the floor with our drinks, sharing stories and laughs. I'm so happy I'm getting along with the people I've been dreaming of meeting for so long! It's crazy sometimes when I think where I was a year ago and now. I'm so glad they seem to like me and are welcoming me into their little family.

After we burn through lots of topics in a very short time, Louis suddenly suggested. 'Truth or Dare!'

We all sigh but just go with it cause we don't wanna get bored this early in the night.

'Okay! Let's start! Ivy! Truth or Dare?' Louis asks me.

'Truth!'

'Boo! You're no fun! Fine! Before Niall, did you like any other the other 1D boys?'

'Wow! You really had to make it awkward!' I burst.

'Yeah! I really had to! And judging by the colour of your face, almost matching your dress, I'm very happy with myself right now!' He smiles at me widely.

I do a facepalm then run my hand through my hair. I look at Niall.

'It's okay, you can tell them' He comforts me.

'Wait, you know?'

'Of course, I know!'

'How? I never told you about this?'

'Oh, well I got bored one day and you left your laptop open and I was just going through the browser to google something but this app thingy was open and I saw your stories the one you told me about. But you failed to tell me who they were about. And that's how I know.' He explains.

'Awww!! You write stories about us! How cute! This is better than I thought!' Louis added laughing.

'Why didn't you tell me that you knew!' I ask Niall.

'I thought I'll let you tell me whenever you're ready.'

'Okay??' I mumble.

'So who is it? The one you write hot stories about?' Louis asks again.

'Hey! They're not hot, they're very PG-13!' I defend.

'Tell us who it is! Please!' Liam insists.

'Niall are you sure?' I ask, he nods, so I continue, 'Fine! It was Harry...'

'Ha! Knew it!' Louis shouts.

'Oh, Thank you!' Harry says with a smirk, very content with himself.

'I'm sorry, can I say? Harry is so not PG-13! I mean have you seen him?' Louis adds.

I look at Louis with a shock, then I chuckle, look back at Harry then say, 'Meh...'

They all gasp loudly. All four of them!

'Okay, I'm sorry! Don't get me wrong. Harry is gorgeous and everything! And one of the kindest sweetest people ever! And everyone in this room is in my favourite people in the whole world! But, Niall... He's something else.'

'Yeah, I guess the Irish accent works for some reason?' Liam suggests.

'Yeah, I actually don't understand what's with that. Anyway, it's not about anything he has. It's about who he is. All I know at the end of the day is love who you love. There isn't any other way. If there's something I've learnt from a million mistakes. Niall is the one that I want at the end of the day.'

'Oh god!' Liam and Louis sigh laughing at the same time.

'I'm sorry! I had to! It was right there!!' I laugh.

The night ended up being very fun and I felt very included. I missed seeing them all together. And seeing it happen face to face was truly magical. We send the next couple of days together, just having fun and even celebrated New Year's Eve together. It really feels like a family, being with them. I'm so happy I got the chance to meet them and get to know them. But the vacation is ending, and it's time to go back to real life. Unfortunately, for a while, Niall isn't going to be next to me because he has to leave for tour.

Niall's POV

We drive to the airport, I'm going to Ireland and she has a flight back to LA an hour after mine, so we're going to the airport together and she's gonna wait with me at the gate until boarding. I'm glad that I have all this extra time with her. I can't believe I'm not gonna see her for god knows how long.

We spend most of the wait just talking and laughing. Ignoring what's about to happen as much as possible. Trying to have as much fun as possible, in those last minutes together for a long time. It's going to be so hard being away from my baby for so long. I feel like I can't breathe properly when she's not around. Whenever I'm not on stage, playing my songs, playing on the guitar she got me, singing the lyrics that I wrote for her, whenever I'm not up there, I just can't function properly. Like a piece of my heart is missing. Well not like, it's exactly that. I'm gonna miss her so much!

They finally announce that the boarding is starting. She sighs, throwing her head back in her seat. I slowly stand up, holding my hand to her, helping her stand up. I pull her into a hug, wrapping my arms around her back tightly as she does the same around my waist. We stay there for a while.

'Don't go!' She whispers, her voice cracking a bit, I guess hoping I wouldn't hear her. But I did.

'Come with me!' I plead.

she pulls away slightly to look at me, 'You know I can't. I have work...'

'Yeah, I know... But Princess I have work too...'

'Yeah because your work is more important than staying with me!' She pouts.

'Are you trying to pick a fight to make this easier?' I ask.

She looks down nodding. Then she looks back up at me, with puppy eyes. She playfully and gently shoves me back and says, 'I hate you!'

I put my hand on the back of her head, guiding it to my shoulder, placing a little kiss on the top of her head. 'I love you too!'

She looks into my eyes, smiles sadly at me, 'I love you!'

She buries her face in my neck, holding on to me as tightly as she can. I run my hand through her long brown curls, trying to loosen her up a bit. She's too tense, she's trying not to cry. So I sing to her.

'Darling you don't have to hold it. You don't have to be afraid. You can go ahead and unload it, 'cause you know it'll be okay. Fire away... Please, Princess, I know you want to cry, don't hold it in.'

It took her a couple of seconds but she finally lets go and starts crying. I hold her as close as possible. I have to admit, I'm shaking, and crying myself. I hate this. I'm gonna miss her so much. Just the thought of not being able to hug her every day, taking in her scent, feeling her warmth.

She starts calming down, as do I. She pulls out of my embrace when she's done, I wipe the remaining tears off of her cheeks, as she does the same with mine.

'Princess, it'll be okay. I'm not gonna lie to you, it's gonna be difficult. I'm gonna miss you terribly, and I know you'll miss me just as much! But you have to know that I love you so much! And we can make it through anything together if we're willing.'

And she's crying again! I hate seeing her like this! How can I leave her like this! I look at the gate, the room is starting to empty. I'm gonna have to go now. I look back at my baby, she's trying to stop crying, and I guess it's working. But I'm pretty sure, as soon as I walk out of that door she's gonna be crying again. The thought is heartbreaking, but there's nothing we can do.

Just before I walk away, I put both hands on her cheeks, look her straight in the eyes, and repeat. 'It'll be okay. We're going to be okay. It's okay.' I kiss her forehead, then her nose, and then lips.

One last kiss, a kiss to echo throughout the days we're gonna have to live apart.

A kiss to remember.

The End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 2.3K 24
"There is no us. There's never been an us. It's always been you, me, and sex. That's it." Kat Miller's life was all about dance and nothing else...
22.1K 232 34
Two summers was all it took for Savannah Horan to fall completely in love with the one and only, Harry Styles. But, when a huge rumor is spread and H...
10.5K 151 12
Liam and Ali met at a local Coffee Shop. Love at first sight? Maybe. Ali has a had a rough past and she needs someone to help her through everything...
40.8K 895 54
Louis has just moved to London, has no one there and just wanted to end his bad day. What happens when a certain Harry Styles, his biggest idol and c...