The Long Lost Asahina || A Br...

By vaninihead

Published: December 25, 2018 -*-*-*-*-*-**-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-**-*-*-*-*-*-*-**-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*- This story center... More

𝓞𝓾𝓻 𝓶𝓪𝓲𝓷 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓽𝓮𝓻
𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮
𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮 - 𝓦𝓮𝓵𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓗𝓸𝓶𝓮
𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓸 - 𝓖𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓛𝓾𝓬𝓴!
Chapter 3 - Hurt.
Chapter 4 - Heal
Chapter 5 - Reunited
Chapter 6 - Danger
Chapter 7 - Sing For You
Chapter 8 - Home Again.
Chapter 9 - Celebration
Chapter 10 - Friendly Reunion
Chapter 11 - Finally!
Chapter 12 - Restart
Chapter 13 - First Day
Chapter 14 - New Friends
Chapter 15 - Trip
Chapter 16 - Twins Conflict
Chapter 17 - Peace
Chapter 18 - A Fulfilled Dream
Chapter 19 - Jealousy
(Finale) Chapter 20 - Timeless
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Special Chapter 1 - Welcome Back Home!
Special Chapter 2 - University
Special Chapter 3 - Parents
Special Chapter 4 - The First Case || The Yandere Case (Part 1)
Special Chapter 6 - The Boy From Berlin
Special Chapter 7 - Glad To See You, Father
Special Chapter 8 - Little Brother || Kidnapper Case (Part 1)
Special Chapter 9 - Everything Will Be Okay || Kidnapper Case (Part 2)
NEW FANFICTION!!! + Announcement

Special Chapter 5 - Reconcile || The Yandere Case (Part 2)

264 9 2
By vaninihead

"Care for some drinks, Miko-san?"

"Sure, thank you Sonata-san!"

I am here with my brothers in Officer Kuro's apartment. It's his daughter's fifth birthday and we were all invited by him.

The ones who aren't with us are Fuuto, Natsume-nii, Louis-nii, Kaname-nii, and Hikaru-nii. They are all busy with their jobs.

After Sonata-san gave me a glass of juice, I watched Hanabi and her friends as they play.

"Hanabi-chan, come play with us!" A boy approached her and grabbed her hand.

"No, Hanabi-chan, come play with us!" Another boy did the same thing.

"Hey! I approached her first!"

"But Hanabi-chan doesn't like to play chess!"

"Hanabi-chan doesn't like to play tag!"

"You boys stay away from my sweet Hanabi!" Officer Kuro went towards them and pulled Hanabi away from the boys.

"Daaaaad! Let me play!"

"Not with boys, sweetie!"

Officer Kuro approaches me and sat down beside me with Hanabi sitting on his lap.

"Jeez! I can't deal with boys nowadays! All they want is to get my Hanabi-chan."

"Uhmmm, sensei... they're just kids who want to play. You know, I grew up with male playmates, a majority of my friends are boys and just four years ago, I found out that I have thirteen siblings and look! I'm still pure!"

"Miko-nee is right, daddy! Let me play with them!" Little Hanabi speaks up with an annoyed face. "You did this every time some boys wants to play with me!"

"Alright, alright... but if they hurt you, just come to me, okay?"

"Hai!"

Officer Kuro puts down his daughter and we watch her play with the other kids.

"She's very cute."

"I know, by the way, Miko-san, about the case, did you find anything?"

With Officer Kuro's question, I quickly took my bag and took out the vial which is still covered by the handkerchief.

"I checked on Natsuhi Yuto earlier and found him throwing this on the trash. Inside is an empty vial. I will go to the police station later to have it examined."

"Want me to go with you?"

"No need, I'll just bring Yuusuke with me."

"Suit yourself, just tell me all the details when the results come in."

"Understood, sensei."

_______________________________________________________________________________

After the party, me and Yuusuke went to the police station while the others went home.

Upon arriving at the place, I quickly went to the forensic's room and turned in the vial.

"We'll examine it, Ms. Asahina. It will only take a short time, so you can wait outside." The forensic officer said after receiving it.

I smiled at him and nodded. I then went outside and see Yuusuke who is seated in the waiting area.

"Hey, sis! So, the results?"

"They are still examining it, an officer told me that it would only take a while, so let's just wait here."

I look up and saw a digital clock. 9:19 PM, it's not that late. By now, Hikaru-nii, Kaname-nii, and Fuuto would be home from their activities and an hour from now, Louis-nii will arrive. Iori-nii would be tutoring Wataru, Azusa and Tsubaki-nii would be practicing their lines. Masaomi-nii would be sitting in the living room, but since earlier, he and sensei met, those two might be in the living room, chatting, drinking, whatever. Ema and Subaru-nii would be studying and Ukyo-nii would be in his study preparing for a trial, signing papers, or planning on what will be for breakfast tomorrow.

A few minutes later, the forensic officer from before approached us.

"Ms. Asahina, here are the results."

He handed me an envelope and a piece of paper.

"Inside that envelope is the official result of the vial, that paper is a copy of it. Apparently, there are traces of cyanide found in that vial and also three different fingerprints. One of the fingerprints belongs to the victim."

I nodded and stood up before bowing.

"Thank you so much for your cooperation, sir!"

He smiled and patted my back.

"Anytime, kid."

________________________________________________________________________________

"We're home--oh!"

When me and Yuusuke arrived, Masaomi-nii and Officer Kuro greeted us. The three are sitting down in the living room. These three must be having a chat or something.

"Welcome back, Yuusuke, Mikoto. " Masaomi-nii smiles before putting down his teacup. "Glad that the two of you arrived here safely."

"Thanks, Masa-nii!" Me and my twin walked towards them. Officer Kuro noticed the envelope I am holding and pointed at it.

"What's that?"

"Evidence against Natsuhi Yuto. We now have a primary suspect, sensei!"

"Good job! I'm guessing that this case will be solved by tomorrow."

I nodded before handing the envelope to my superior.

"Well, me and Yuusuke will go to our rooms now. Goodnight, Masaomi-nii, and Kuro-sama!" We both bowed before leaving the living room.

Masaomi

"Mikoto is so fun to hang out with. I could see Hanabi in her when Hanabi-chan grows up." Kuro says putting the envelope Miko-san gave on his lap. "I was kinda surprised when I found out that she's your younger sister. I never knew you have one."

I picked up my teacup and sipped it before speaking up.

"I never knew too. But we met before I learned that she's my sister. She was ten? eleven? I can't recall. I was her pediatrician before. She was one of my first patients when I became a doctor. I remembered when she first called me onii-chan and her adoptive mother scolded her."

"She told me her little backstory when I asked her about you. It must be hard for her to go through those things."

"Yeah. Actually, there's an ongoing investigation regarding her disappearance twenty years ago. It went on for three years but she only found out about it recently. She was kinda mad about it at first but she voluntarily participated."

"Well, with Miko-san being a junior investigator, that case will be solved soon." Kuro pats my back and then, poured some tea on his cup. "Miko-san won't stop until she solves a crime. I guess she has a mindset of never giving up."

"Uh-huh. I am proud of what she has achieved during the past years..."

I look up and stare at a family photo we took three years ago before Mikoto's departure to Kyoto.

"Hey, you know, if something happens to my sister during an investigation, you should know that I'll put my blame on you for not protecting her. "

He was silent for a while, but then he laughed.

"I already know that, Masaomi. I remember how mad you were at me when I punched Ukyo out of anger because I lost to him on a game. You didn't talk to me for almost a month!"

I laughed too but went serious after a while.

"Just keep on protecting her, okay? There's a large syndicate group moving around the country. I am afraid that Mikoto will stumble upon them."

"I understand, Masaomi. And besides, it's my obligation as a police officer and her superior to protect her and those who are in need."

"I'm really thankful that you became her superior, Kuro."

I sigh before changing the topic. I am glad because I am able to have a chat with Kuro.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Mikoto

"Attention students of the culinary department. Three students are excused for classes because they are being summoned by Junior Investigator Asahina Mikoto. These students are Takahashi Yura, Nabuki Jurina and Natsuhi Yuto. Please go to her office located at the first floor immediately."

Me and Officer Kuro are patiently waiting for the three suspects to arrive here. Suspects Gento Satoshi and Yamamoto Kawada are eliminated from the list because we don't find them suspicious, unlike these three.

After a while, the three students came and they all sat down in front of us.

"The three of you should know that you are all suspects of the murder of Mr. Yashiro."

Yura's eyes widened while the other two are quiet.

"Me? Why me? Why should I kill my boyfriend? Why?!"

"Takahashi Yura, you have the right to remain silent." Office Kuro says after pounding my table. This action made Yura jump back and looked down.

"Now, especially Natsuhi Yuto, care to explain why you have this vial?" I took out the vial, still covered with my handkerchief, and placed it on the table. I then uncovered the vial. That action made Yuto and Jurina flinch.

"Now, three different fingertips are found printed on the vial. One of them is the victim's. Natsuhi Yuto, may I have your fingerprint?" I took out an ink pad and a clean sheet of paper.

Yuto was hesitant for a while but he stood up and printed his fingerprint on the paper.

I looked at the copy the forensics officer gave to me last night and found that a fingerprint found on the vial and his fingerprint matches.

"Natsuhi Yuto, yesterday, I saw you throwing this away. Mind telling me what's inside this vial?"

"I-I... I...."

The boy was hesitant and couldn't speak directly. Suddenly, Jurina held his hand and said.

"It's okay Yuto-kun. Tell them..."

Yuto replied with an "Are you sure?"

Jurina only nodded and waited for Yuto to speak up.

"Juri-san gave this to me yesterday... she told me some things that I don't want to hear... I was about to throw this away but we were called here for interrogation. So I kept it in my locker."

I nodded and wrote some things on my pad.

"Nabuki Jurina, you may speak."

Jurina was shaking. Then, she started to sob.

"I-I'm going to confess... I'm the one who ended Yashiro-kun's life!"

Jurina's statement made Yura stand up and slap her.

"Why? Why would you do that to your best friend?!"

"Takahashi Yura! We didn't order you to speak up. So please, sit down."

The angry girl did listen to me and sat down on her seat. Though, she is giving sharp glares at Jurina.

"B-but I did it for self-defense! Yashiro... was about to poison me with the chemical inside the vial. He told me that I hurt Yura-san and I should deserve to die... I have a background in taekwondo... so I did my best to keep him from putting that chemical on my mouth. When I finally retrieved it, I pushed him down and made him drink it... I wasn't myself... and I killed my best friend!"

Yuto stood up and said. "It's true! She did it for self-defense... I-I saw what happened... She was shocked when she saw Yashiro lifeless... she then turned to me and asked for my help... I did everything I could and planned to just make it look like Yashiro committed suicide... so I dragged him to the washroom and did my thing. We forgot that you're here, Ms. Asahina. We deserve to be punished..."

"Now now, the two of you should calm down. I highly appreciate your sudden confessions, but before I call the cops, let me hear Takahashi Yura's statement... Yura, is it true that Nabuki Jurina hurt you?"

Yura looks down and shook her head.

"Nabuki-san didn't hurt me... it was the opposite. I'm the one who hurt Nabuki-san... it was due to my suspicion of Yashiro cheating. I did joke to him about killing Nabuki but I didn't know that he took it seriously!"

"Sensei, you can call the cops now." I turn to my superior and he nods, taking his phone out.

"Soooo... I'm no lawyer but I guess your sentence may only take three years or so, Nabuki Jurina. What you did is self-defense, correct, but you should just have knocked the victim out instead of killing him. For Natsuhi Yuto, you're like an accomplice for this murder. I don't know about your sentence. And as for you, Takahashi Yura, you will have to attend some counseling for a mental check."

The three of them nodded and we waited for the police to arrive.

_______________________________________________________________________________

When the police arrived, the three suspects are taken into their custody. And I marked the case for Yashiro's death close.

It's a vacant period for me and I am currently with Yuusuke inside the library. A professor ordered him to get a stack of books and called me to help him.

Now, on our way to the staff room, someone gently tugged the sweater I am wearing. I look behind and saw Adachi Yuta. He is alone, I wonder where Ely went?

"Uhm... hi, Miko-chan!"

Gosh that smile.

"What do you want?" Yuusuke turns around and walks towards us.

"H-hey! I just want to talk to your girlfriend!"

I tilted my head and asked. "Ha? Girlfriend?"

Yuusuke laughs before speaking up, putting down the stack of books he was carrying "Oh you poor soul! You couldn't see our resemblance?! We're twins, idiot."

"O-oh!" Yuta gave out a nervous laugh before speaking up. "Look, Miko-chan. I know that you're the Nakamori Mikoto I once knew. I'm actually glad that we crossed paths here."

I turned to Yuusuke and gave him a face that says "Go ahead, I'll catch up." Yuusuke then nods, took the books and left me alone with Yuta. I put the books I am carrying on the ground and replied.

"Haha, should I be glad that you still remember my face? Even though I change my last name and hair color, wow! You still recognize me!" I said with sarcasm.

"Look Miko-chan... I know there are things that happened in the past that we both don't want to talk about. And I'm sorry about that... I know five years is too late, but I still want to apologize. I understand if you don't forgive me. Just... the thought that I broke your heart couldn't leave me!"

"Adachi Yuta... yes, I detest you, but holding a grudge isn't healthy so I forgive you, but I won't forget what you did to me. Just promise to be a better guy for Ely, okay? And maybe, we should be back as friends again."

Yuta nods before giving me a friendly hug.

"Alright Miko-chan, I won't disappoint you!"

I gave him a smile before picking the books up. "I should go now. My brother may be waiting for me."

He smiles before waving. "Alright, nice seeing you, Miko-chan!"

I then left to catch up with Yuusuke. But I am glad because I was able to let go of some hard feelings today
________________

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment your feels!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

347K 12.2K 44
a young girl who was never given a name at birth is held captive for her whole life. locked in a cage and forced to feel pain every day. she lost so...
91.7K 2.6K 41
Kagome's cousin visit from over in North America with her family. Kagome has to go back and make everything seem normal, but how can she when Inuyash...
31.1K 701 27
I'm Naruto Uzumaki's younger twin sister that he doesn't know about because I was sent away from the Leaf Village for my own protection, I live in th...
15.4K 214 20
Lucy Fullbuster had lost her parents since her parents died in accident because of Deliora. Not only that, her brother had disappeared without knowin...