Walt Disney Academy ✔

By LynnPatrick710

Welcome to Walt Disney Academy. Home of all the favourite disney princes, princesses, others and villains-of... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Mulan
Chapter 2: Cinderella
Chapter 3
Chapter 4: Hercules
Chapter 5: Aladdin
Chapter 6: Basketball Tryouts
Chapter 7: Vanessa
Chapter 8: Elsa and Anna
Chapter 9: Cinderella
Chapter 10: Boys' Wing
Chapter 11: Disney Diner
Chapter 12: Snow White
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19: Tiana
Chapter 20: Frozen
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24: Talent Show Eve
Chapter 25: DISNEY'S GOT TALENT
Chapter 26: DISNEY'S GOT TALENT 2
Chapter 27: DISNEY'S GOT TALENT 3
Chapter 28: Post-Celebrations
Chapter 29
Chapter 30: Sports and Other Types of Hurt
Chapter 31: Tarzan
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34: Frog Games
Chapter 35: Whistle While You Work
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38: Jelsa
Chapter 39: Under The Sea
Chapter 40: These Midnight Things, happens all the time
Chapter 41
Chapter 42: Maleficent
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44: A Whole New WHOLE NEW World
Chapter 45: It's You
Chapter 46: Aye
Chapter 47: Let's Get Down To Business
Chapter 49: Almost There
Chapter 50: Aurora
Chapter 51: Wake Me Up
Chapter 52: Mindblown
Chapter 53: Cold Out Here
Chapter 54
Chapter 55: For All We Know
Chapter 56: Remember
Chapter 57: Truth Be Told
Chapter 58: End Game
Chapter 59
Chapter 60: Finally
Epilogue

Chapter 48

306 12 16
By LynnPatrick710

The class could tell that even their lecturer knew that no-one was listening to him. It was almost Christmas break for God's sake!

Immediately Professor Sebastian left, Urchin slammed down his laptop and blurted to Kida, who was sitting right beside him. "I hear Merida came back. That Hic went out looking for her."

"Duh." Layla, a Winx, chirped in. "Jasmine's party is about to commence, everyone needs a little arm candy. Why dyou think he went off to find the only person that'll go out with him?"

"Layla!" Mavis quickly interjected. "And how did you know that?"

"Don't question my abilities, Mavis darling."

Moana quickly looked behind to Ariel, who was still busy typing away lifelessly at her keyboard.
"It's true, you know. Everyone sure is looking for arm candy."

"Good to know, Mo."

Moana frowned. "What the hell, it means grab yourself a man, Red."

"Don't you think this school is based on mainly love life and affairs? We're missing the bigger pictures. Other things happen in life, you know?"
Not once did she look up from her laptop.

"More things like what?"

"Like Disney High winning the basketball match against Pixar, like Merida finally returning after her months of disappearance, like Poca and Esmeralda fighting for justice. Or Anna suddenly complaining of her sister's recent disappearance. You people don't talk about these things."

Moana forged a yawn. "Well, I'll talk about what shade of lipstick you've got to wear for that winter party."

Ariel groaned. "So shallow, Mo. So shallow."
Then she began to stuff her device into it's casing.

"Come on. You're just mad cause you know Eric hasn't chased you down since last time. Face it, this is college and we're youths. Affairs should be the ONLY things we talk about."

"Not me. I'll go alone to the winter party. It's not like I'll be persecuted if I do. And please stop using Eric as some sort of reason for my recently stoic nature."

"Way to be pessimistic, love. It's unlike you."

"You don't have a date."

"You don't know that."

"The hostess doesn't even have a date. After her boyfriend's scandal, he'll be lucky that he can still go to this school."

"You don't know that Ariel. Now let's talk dresses."

"Why the enthusiasm? It's a simple party."

"I basically came from an island, you know. I don't just get chances like this to live life."

"Whatever."

Moana stopped behind her, letting Ariel walk on. When Ariel noticed her friend's footsteps ceased, she turned around.

"Are you really going to be a killjoy? Even that idiot Shego has a date with that final year med student. Are you really going to be the only one not happy there?"

"I'm going to be ONE of the unhappy students. Do you know how many sad people are in school right now? Because of... of damaged affairs?"

"Oh wow. That sure does sound fantastic." Moana rolled her eyes. "Look, I'll go find Giselle or something. She's like the only one who's never sad. Surely, she'll be vibes up."

"Her over-enthusiasm will kill you, Mo."

"I hung out with you for almost three months. Believe me, I have no problems with over-enthusiasm. Now, you in or nah?"

Ariel sighed. "I dunno."

"Well, I'm gone."

Although Ariel would have loved to call her friend back, she knew she really needed some time to herself. With Gaston, Eric and Vanessa's attack, she really should put a stop with walking around too much in that school.

With Moana finally out of sight, she made a quick U-turn back to class to continue with her assignment which she was working on previously. Lately, class seemed like her only haven.

At least she couldn't drown or suffocate with her head down in a lot of tables.

"Whoa!" She faintly heard a call.

The voice seemed all too familiar... .

No. It had to be her subconscious self playing tricks on her.
She needed no distractions. Her test results had been improving ever since she'd decided to have time for herself.

"Ariel?"
There it went again. No doubt that was his voice.

Ariel forced herself not to squirm. To show no signs that she had heard him at all.

Rather, as quickly as possible, she slipped into her class, closing the door behind her.

The slam of the door startled the only two people still in the class. Nabu and Layla.

Gosh, Layla would go out with absolutely anybody.

"Sorry." Ariel apologised.

Layla just rolled her eyes and stood up.

"Seriously, occupado." Then she and her taller companion walked out of the classroom.

Ariel sighed and scrunched up her nose. Lately, she was getting disgusted with almost everybody.

She quickly walked to one of the seats, three risers away from the lecturer's podium then settled down to re-open her laptop.

It was scary that no sooner after she had put in her password, the door swung open.

It was even scarier that she didn't need to look up to know who had just come in.

Good gracious! It was just a two month crush. There was no way she should be catching feelings and feeling all jittery in his presence.

Yet, she had to show she was mature and unphased about her teenage hormonal feelings.

She boldly looked up.

"Eric." A smile played on her lips. Could he see how badly it was faltering?

"Did I... interrupt you?"

Yes.

"Nope. Just working away."

The constant and unsteady beating of her heart should have chased him away by now.

She scrunched her face in pretend focus, staring at her booting laptop.

I shouldn't be worried. I've got no right to be. I'm the one imposing this on me and him...

"Are you still angry?" His voice rang up again.

Ariel didn't want to stop looking at the loading cursor on the screen. "I shouldn't be angry. I've no right to be. Rather I should be apologising for acting up and walking out on you the other day." She looked at him.
"So, I'm sorry."

Eric stayed with his arms crossed and nodded. "I'm thankful you aren't mad. I really felt bad."

"Okay." She offered him a smile. She was sure it was forced and plastic but hopefully, he wouldn't know that.

When she tried to face her laptop again, she stilled when she heard his steps come closer.

What now, Eric?!

"What're you doing?" He quizzed.

Ariel quickly slammed down the system. "Nothing important. Just some schoolwork..."

"You were running from me in the hall just now, weren't you?"

"Sorry, I was what?"

"You aren't that bad a liar." He laughed, trying hard to reduce the building tension between them.

"I wasn't trying." She scowled and stubbornly faced South.

He took a steady seat near her, carefully due to knowledge of her uneasiness.

For a while, they just sat. Funnily comfortable.

"I have to admit. It was a teeny weeny crush." Ariel whispered to the air in front of her. Whether he heard it or not, she didn't really want to bother.

"I guess I was kind of a fool to not notice on time. I did... later, however."

He heard her then. Her heartbeat slowed.

"I'm not a fan of shooting my shots. I'm more of the 'crushing behind the scenes' kind of girl."

Eric chuckled. Then he really didn't know what to say.

"Are you feeling weirded out?" She spoke softly.

"I can't doubt the fact that I am. I'm really flattered but..."

Ariel shook her head. "I know. You're still not over Vanessa. I'm not trying to impose anything on you, I swear. It was just a crush and... you're the one who's making me open up to you now." She fell her head into her open palms, causing her red fluff of hair to cover her form.

Eric smiled beside her. He really really did not know what to do.

"Hey." He called earning a weak shrug from her. "Maybe, just maybe, we should start over. I dunno, as the time rolls by? Step by step, perhaps?"

She threw her head up and turned to him. "What?"

He forced himself not to look too taken aback. "Yeah. It's not that bad. We could start as casual friends, you know? Buddies."

Her mouth formed a complete 'O'. She definitely wanted more than just 'Buddies' but wasn't she farther than she was two months ago when he wouldn't even look her way?

"For real. I'm sorry for being so jumpy but... really?"

"Wouldn't hurt. We could-" he paused then searched her face.
Her eyes showed such a blinding gleam that he was almost tempted to fall into. "We could go to the Winter party together."

She bit down on her bottom lip. Hard.
"Are you serious? Me?"

"Yeah. I've got no plans. We could try it. Ariel."

Her heart felt like it would burst at any moment. That was close to asking her out. She could definitely go with that

And the way he said her name. The drawl. He must have known it had an effect on her somehow.

"Thanks. I mean... thanks. I'm sorry, I just..." she pushed her bangs up from her forehead in surprise. "This is so not happening."

Keep calm! Jeez!

"Uh- I guess I'll see you around huh?" She brought forth a hand.

Once Eric stopped laughing, he brought out a hand too. "I'll see you around, Ariel."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 587 31
In case you didn't plan on sleeping tonight. Do you ever just love a story so much that you want to share it with like everyone you meet or want to...
464K 31.5K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
1.3M 58K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
59.4K 1.5K 58
The first step of Orion's plan is complete. The Zodiac Signs have now been banished down to Earth, with no memories of their previous adventures on C...