Hidden | Bucky Barnes

By chasingmarvel

"Trust me Barnes, I'm pretty hard not to be attracted to." --- [Bucky Barnes x Female OC] *TRIGGER WARNINGS:... More

cast
act one
prologue
one
two
three
four
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
act two
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
act three
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty

five

25.7K 433 485
By chasingmarvel

•••

"Ellie Ward" A man who she was introduced to as Everett Ross muttered under his breath, "You were not who we were looking for today, but I guess we finally found you again."

"I bet that was a pleasant surprise for you." She smirked looking around.

"Not really." He replied sarcastically passing her, Steve and Sam files on themselves.

"Wow, don't hold back the truth Ross." She told him, scanning the file quickly. "You've got quite a length file on me."

"Is that really necessary?" Ellie heard a voice ask from behind her. Ellie turned to see an agent asking an armed guard who was stood around a Glass box.

"Oh my god." She muttered to herself before jogging over to where Bucky was in the glass box.

"Are you alright?" He asked her quickly looking her up and down.

"I'm fine, you didn't make it to Berlin then?" she smirked.

"Nah got a bit caught up." He joked.

"I'll see you later, love." She told him as she was dragged away, him smiling at her Britishness.

"Be safe." He replied as she disappeared out of his eyeline.

As Ellie re-joined the others in a corridor, she looked to her right to see Natasha stood beside Steve.

"So El, when I spoke to you this morning, and I told you not to get arrested or to make it worse, this was kind of what I meant to avoid." Natasha told her sarcastically walking into a room with Tony and Rhodey.

"Its not like we tried to get arrested." she replied as her, Sam and Steve were led into another room by a woman she had been introduced to as Sharon Carter.

As they sat in this room she could feel Steve, Sam and Sharon both looking at her but she ignored them and continued to read her file with disbelief. It contained information that she knew only one person would know.

"Unbelievable." she muttered standing up and leaving the room and walking into the one next door.

"Its been a while Ellie." Tony said as she burst through the door.

"I TRUSTED YOU." Ellie shouted at Natasha throwing down her file on the table.

"Ellie-" Natasha began but Ellie cut her off.

"You told them"

"El, its my job."

"NO NATASHA. You're job is a spy and that is exactly what you are." She shouted.

"Maybe we should go." Tony said referring to himself and Rhodes.

"Sit down." Natasha growled causing the two met to sit quickly.

"Tell me something Nat, how long have they known all of this?"

"Since we were together." Natasha muttered quietly.

"Get out." Ellie said quietly to Tony and Rhodey who obeyed quickly and went next door.

"Ellie, S.H.I.E.L.D wanted to protect you, to keep HYDRA from finding you again." Natasha tried to reason.

"Y'know I've gotta know, when we were screwing, did all of that go in the reports that you gave back to your boss? Did you include little details of-"

"Stop it."

"NO! You stop it. For once in your life stop fucking lying, stop keeping secrets for once and tell me the god damn truth. Do they know? Is it in here somewhere that I'm a recovering alcoholic? Huh? IS IT FUCKING IN THERE?"

"Can you please let me explain?"

"You don't need to explain. Its pretty fucking obvious what's happened. Now tell me, is it in here?" She shouted earning the attention of the people in the room next door.

"Yeah." Natasha whispered, a tear rolling down her cheek.

Ellie paused for a moment, composing herself before speaking again, "Was it real? Did you actually love me or was that just part of your mission?"

"I loved you, that was all real, we were real Ellie."

"Did you give us up?"

"I told Steve and Sam." Natasha murmured taking Ellies hand but she pulled it away and left the room heading back next door where everyone stared at the screen watching Bucky's interview not daring to look at their ex-teammate.

Ellie took a seat next to Sam and put her feet on the table, watching the screen.

"So." Tony said awkwardly. "How've you been El?"

"Oh I'm great. I'm just having the best time at this little impromptu reunion." She grinned trying to lighten the tension.

"Where'd they find you?" Sam asked her.

"Well, technically Natalia found me first when she interrupted my very pleasurable morning, and then Steven smashed through the window of my house. And then German special forces broke down our door, fought me and then shoved me into a car."

"In my defence, I wasn't actually even looking for you."

"My kitchen window didn't have any defence." she mocked, causing Steve to roll his eyes and the rest of them to laugh slightly.

All of a sudden all of the lights went off and the screen went dark signalising that Bucky had broken out.

"Couldn't have at least waited a while could he?" Ellie mumbled to herself as she ran after Steve and Sam in the direction of Bucky's cell.

Steve headed to the fake phycologist that had caused the problem whilst Sam and Ellie ran after Bucky.

"I'm guessing you've dealt with him when he's like this before?"

"A few time, yeah." She replied dodging Bucky's punch, and pushing him off of Sam.

"How did you snap him out of it?" Sam asked but she had already lunged at Bucky knocking him over to stop him from strangling Natasha.

He managed to throw her off of him and pinned her to a wall.

"We've been here before." She joked before kicking him off of her, not hard enough to hurt him.

"Someone's got to take him out." Stark said as he caught the bullet Bucky shot at him.

"You kill him and I kill you." Ellie shouted chasing after him as he left the building, with Steve and Sam hot on her tail.

Ellie managed to catch up with and jumped onto his back trying to take him to the ground, but he grabbed her arms and flipped her onto the ground, straddling her holding her arms above her head with one arm and pointing a gun at her head with the other.

"STOP! STOP!" Ellie yelled to Steve who was about to knock Bucky off of her.

"Ellie what the hell are you doing?" Steve yelled.

"Trust me. Both of you stay back."

"She's lost her mind." She heard Sam mutter to Steve.

"Why haven't you killed me yet?" Ellie asked him.

"I don't know." He muttered honestly.

"Yes you do. You know me."

"I have no idea who you are." He growled.

"Yes you do."

"Shut up!"

"It's okay, I love you, it's okay." She muttered shakily, he didn't seem to be backing down.

Suddenly he dropped the gun and releases her arms rolling off of her, helping her up, his eyes full of fear and guilt.

"Did I hurt you? Are you ok?" He panicked, checking her over.

"I'm ok."

"You sure?"

"I promise you."

"We need to go." Steve interrupts "Now."

- - -

"Couldn't you have chosen somewhere a little nicer to lay low?" Ellie asked Steve as she looked around.

"Lucky for you it's time to go." Steve told her as he checked outside one last time.

All four of them took off at a run to a carpark where Sam hotwired a small car that they found, Ellie calling shotgun.

Around 10 minutes into their journey Steve pulled in under a bridge confusing the other three.

"I'm leaving this window open, do you think you can behave for 5 minutes?" He joked opening his car door.

"I really want to punch you right now." Ellie told him.

"Make sure they don't kill each-other." He said to Ellie before closing the door and walking towards the car in front.

"Is he seriously making us stop so he can see his girl-friend?" Ellie asked in disbelief.

"Why did you get shotgun?" Sam asked her, pushing Bucky with his shoulder.

"Because I saved your life." Ellie replied with a smirk.

"So how does that make you even?" Bucky questioned not entirely sure how that made them even.

"He has to sit next to you, therefore making us even."

"Y'know Ellie, if I recall correctly you enjoy being next to me." Bucky smirked.

"Yeah but when I'm next to you, we are usually having sex. So unless you wanna have sex with old Sammy, then I really would have used a different choice of words."

Sam and Bucky yelled in disgust earning Steve and Sharon's attentions, earning a glare from Steve.

"She suggested her sex-buddy wanted to have sex with me! It was justified." Sam yelled to Steve who just rolled his eyes and muttered something to Sharon making her laugh.

"So, Is she good for him?" Ellie asked Sam, referring to Sharon.

"She's related to Peggy. We knew her before Peggy died but we didn't know that she was her niece. We found out who she was at the funeral."

"Peggy was still alive?"

"Steve went to see her shortly before she died. She died just before Nat left for Vienna."

"Oh my God!" Ellie suddenly groaned as she looked towards the front to see Steve and Sharon kissing.

"El, I'm breaking my legs back here, please can we swap?" Sam begged, causing Ellie to sigh and open her door getting out pulling the seat forward allowing Sam to get out.

"I told you two to stay in the car." Steve told them as he watched Ellie punch Sam in the arm.

"Well Sam was being a pussy and wouldn't stop complaining about me getting shotgun, so were swapping." Ellie explained.

"Help me then Sam." Steve said referring to their weapons in the back of Sharon's car.

"Agent Carter?" Ellie called suddenly wondering.

"Yes?" She relied turning around.

"My file. Do you know how many have access to it?"

"The majority of S.H.I.E.L.D. Why?"

"Have you read it?"

"Yeah." Sharon replied quietly.

"The avengers? Have they seen it?"

"A few of them were given it after Sokovia when we were looking for you."

"Thank you." Ellie told her before getting into the back of the car next to her boyfriend, who looked at her with concern.

"Are you ok? Why were you asking about your file?" Steve asked her noticing her face.

"I know you've all read it." She muttered, fiddling with her ring, causing a silence to fall over them.

"Do they know?" Bucky asked her to which she just nodded.

"Are you still sober?" Steve asked her.

"6 weeks." She told them as Bucky laced his fingers with hers. "I relapsed like 6 months ago."

"So what's the deal with you two?" Sam smirked turning to look at them, referring to Ellie who had her legs resting on him, causing Ellie to laugh at how Sam had thankfully changed the subject.

"You found a girl yet?" Ellie retorted, causing Bucky and Steve to laugh.

"That's cold." He muttered as they pulled into an airport carpark.

Sam and Steve got out leaving them for alone for a minute.

"How did they find out?" He asked her.

"Apparently Natasha was reporting back to S.H.I.E.L.D."

"She was?" To which Ellie just nodded before he spoke again. "Are you alright?"

"I will be." She told him getting out of the car, him following her.

"Who's that?" Bucky asked as a large white van pulled up beside them.

"You'll see." Steve smirked as the door opened revealing Clint.

"Ellie?" Clint asked as he saw her.

"The one and only." She laughed as he hugged her.

"Where the hell have you been? Nat's been so worried about you."

"She knew where I was Clint, Natasha is a double agent at its best."

"Whoa what did she do to piss you off?" Clint laughed.

"Enough." Ellie muttered as she was tackled into a hug.

"I missed you." Wanda whispered into her neck.

"I missed you too hun, how are you?" Ellie laughed as Wanda let go.

"I'm getting there, you?"

"I'm alright." She replied as Clint opened the van door, revealing a man led down.

"Put a little coffee in him." Clint joked as the man got out of the car.

"Mr Lang." Steve greeted shaking his hand for an uncomfortable amount of time.

"Captain America! I'm shaking your hand too long." He laughed awkwardly turning to look at Ellie and Wanda.

"I know you guys too, you're cool." He told them to which they both muttered their thanks.

"Hey." Scott said to Sam.

"What's up Tic-Tac?" Sam replied.

"Look, what happened last time..." Scott began but was cut off.

"It was a great audition but it will never happen again."

"Did they tell you what we're up against?" Steve asked him.

"Vaguely, something about-" but he was cut off by a loud German announcement being made.

"They're evacuating the airport." Bucky translated.

"Stark." Steve muttered, causing Scott's eyes to widen in shock. "Suit up."

- - -

2192 words xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41K 845 128
Michelle lost her entire family in a fire as a little girl. She then grew up in various homes for orphans. All her life she longs for the family that...
360K 8.8K 145
A Captain America Romance. 🥀 Melanie has a dark, unknown void in her past. It ultimately leads her into a position with S.H.I.E.L.D. As a new threat...
33.3K 656 43
Y/N L/N joined the avengers, when cap calls her for help. She fell in love with Natasha during her time in the red room, but soon was taken to train...
5.1K 69 41
**the story is complete** This is my first story I shared with you guys and I really hope for you guys to like it , I worked so hard to make it perfe...