Destined (Darkin World Book 2)

By abrobinette

[COMPLETED NOVEL] Step into the Darkin World - A post-apocalyptic world of magic & romance! š‡šž'š¬ š”šØš§šØļæ½... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Epilogue

Chapter Sixteen

2.7K 169 8
By abrobinette

"That's a feckin' Black Dog." Amanda nearly shouted as soon as she entered the kitchen.

"No shit, Sherlock. Do you think I'm color blind?" Breqlynn asked as she put the cleaned dishes away. Aeddon was already on his way into town. He wasn't happy to have been forced to use her shampoo. She thought he smelled pretty, but he wasn't pleased when she voiced that opinion. Ungrateful, that's what he was. Her cousin needed to get laid - another observation that wasn't well received.

"That's not what I meant," Amanda tried to elaborate.

A low growl came from Kala's throat. She was sitting at Breqlynn's feet, her head the same level as her mistress' waist. "Stop that," Breqlynn commanded and tapped her dog on the nose with a finger.

"You're feckin' insane. You know that, right?"

"And here I thought we were friends again."

"We are," Amanda was quick to assure her. "But Black Dogs are also known as Demon Dogs. The glowing, red eyes are a dead giveaway. And here you are, treating it as if it were a family pet."

Rolling her eyes, Breq shut the upper cabinet. "You and Aeddon and your imaginations."

"I'm not imagining it, and likely neither was your father. Your dog doesn't smell right. It smells like...ozone."

"Whatevs. Kala is not some evil puppy from hell, are you, girl?" Breqlynn ignored the suspicion the she-wolf's words made her feel. Yesterday, Kala hadn't smelled like a wet dog in the tub. She hadn't smelled much like anything other than Aeddon's shampoo.

Kala wagged her tail and licked Breqlynn's fingers. "What car did you drive here?"

"I have my SUV." The black wings of Amanda's brows dipped down in suspicion. "Why do you ask?"

"Because," Breq grabbed her coat, "Kala won't fit in my car."

"You are not putting that hound from hell in my-" Amanda's rant was cut short as Breqlynn practically skipped out the door with her dog on her heels.

"Don't worry. I'm sure Kala doesn't get car sick," Breq told the she-wolf as she opened the back door to the large, silver SUV.

Giving Kala a wary look, Amanda walked to the driver's side of her vehicle. "If you have much running around planned," the she-wolf informed Breqlynn as she sat in the driver's seat, "then I'm going to need to make a stop at the gas station."

Instead of oil-based products, their engines - car, train, and airship - ran on coal gasification and steam. Those who couldn't afford such an elaborate system converted old cars into horse-drawn carriages. They'd take out all the heavy bits, such as engines and other unneeded parts and hitch a horse or mule to the front. It wasn't the best way to travel long distances, however. Trains were the preferred method as the asphalt or concrete interstates and highways were no longer maintained. There wasn't enough manpower or funds to commit to such large projects.

Amanda turned the ignition and the whine of the engine - much like that of a pre-war jet, but on a much softer scale - could be heard before the drivers-side door shut. There were no noxious fumes that'd been found with oil-based fuels, either.

"You shifters need to be more aware of people with normal body temps." Breqlynn shivered and nestled deeper into her coat as they made their way down Aeddon's driveway. "And yes, we do have a lot of errands today. I have to get my new puppy all sorts of things; then I have to replace my father's shower products." She didn't react to the questioning look Amanda threw her at that. "By the time we're finished, we have lunch with Keilynn scheduled."

"So then, that's a 'yes' to a trip to the gas station to refuel?"

Shooting Amanda the "duh" look, Breqlynn answered succinctly, "Yes."

They drove in silence on the way into town. As they waited for a red light, Amanda asked, "You're an antiquities dealer, Aeddon is a surgeon, but what does your sister do?"

"Keys is a computer programmer. She has her own cybersecurity company and software. She also receives contracts to track down and stop hackers."

The other woman shook her head. "You three have such different careers."

"We do have different interests, but one could argue there is a certain art to what we each do."

Amanda grunted her assent. "What is it you do when you're not stuck babysitting me?" Breqlynn asked as the light turned green.

"I'm between jobs, having only just moved here. I've sort of drifted for the last eighty years."

"Oh? What did you do before? Where have you lived?" Breqlynn turned her head to watch a yellow, converted Humvee pulled by two Tennessee Walking Horses as they passed. There were a couple of passengers within the warm confines. A high, enclosed bench seat, where the hood was initially located, held the driver. It was a Yellowstone County Stagecoach, Billings' quaint taxi service. They were a cheap mode of transportation for those who didn't own a vehicle and had no desire to walk in inclement weather.

Breq gave the driver, encased in a separate compartment with large front and side windows, a wave as they passed. She knew him from the nights she'd been too drunk to drive herself home.

"I was a professor of history at the start. In Limerick."

"There once was a man from Nantucket," Breqlynn began.

Amanda groaned, "Don't."

Breqlynn laughed. "I guess there's not much need for a college professor in a town the size of Billings."

"University," Amanda corrected as she pulled into the parking lot of O'Donnell's Farm and Ranch Supply Store. It was the best place to find all of Kala's pet needs. Breqlynn came here during her flirting period, er mini-war, with Wolfrick. A pang twisted her heart as she thought of the shifter.

"And no, I haven't found much need for a history professor here. My last post was in Flagstaff, Arizona."

"Why did you decide to leave Ireland?" Breqlynn asked as she let Kala out the back. The store was pet-friendly. Across the seats and through the window, Breq didn't miss the shadow that entered Amanda's dark, brown eyes.

"I had trouble with the local pack alpha. Seemed best just to leave. I went to England first, then traveled further afield. I'd already spent too much time in Arizona. Humans were beginning to comment on my never aging. Gideon's call about serving the king came at the perfect time."

Breq sensed the other woman didn't wish to talk about her experience with this Irish alpha. "Does Gideon know of your troubles? Did they have to do with you being a lone wolf within the Irish dude's territory?"

Okay, so maybe Breqlynn's sensitivity toward others could use some work.

Amanda's dark brows furrowed. "I don't believe so. As I understand it, he called all of us loners who he felt would make good Kingsmen."

It didn't escape Breq's notice that her most probing question wasn't answered. Turning over a new leaf of awareness for others' feelings, she decided to let it slide. "And only three of you answered?"

Breqlynn grabbed a cart, and Kala walked tamely down the aisles by her side.

"So far, aye. The others are waiting to see which way the wind will blow before they give up their freedom."

Even though she'd likely do the same, Breqlynn bristled, "Cowards." Her assessment of their character made, she stopped before a leash and collar display. Avoiding her dog's glowering gaze, she checked the size on a black set with hot pink skulls. Amanda stood further back and eyed Kala warily. The she-wolf made no further comments about the hound from hell, but it was apparent she wasn't a fan.

Making Breq's doggy purchases without incident, they went to the gas station next. After refueling, Breqlynn made a quick stop at Aeddon's favorite salon, leaving Amanda and Kala alone together. Worried she'd come back to fur flying, she hurried the hairdresser along.

Luckily, although the air was tense, neither female made a move for the other. "I want to drop some of this off at the office before we meet Keys for lunch."

It was Monday and Micah would be manning the desk. Breqlynn couldn't wait to introduce her new puppy to her assistant. Hopefully, they got along because she was also dropping Kala off before meeting her sister.

"Are you supposed to be out of bed?" was Micah's way of greeting.

Breqlynn held her office doors open so Amanda could lay down her burden of oversized dog bed, bag of food, and other Kala essentials. "I'm fine, just have to take it easy for a while is all."

Calling her newest friend to her side, Breq introduced the two females. Kala sniffed Micah's hand and let the small human scratch her behind the ears.

"You've been busy," Micah observed as she sat down again. "A new mystery man, pregnancy and now a pet." A hand went to her temple, "I feel as if I have whiplash." Although she smiled, Breqlynn could see the hurt in the other woman's eyes.

"I know the feeling. After my world stops spinning, I promise we'll have a gossip session to catch you up."

"Will I get to meet this mystery man?"

"As soon as he's back in town. He had to leave for business," Breqlynn groused unhappily.

"Your 'dog' is settled," Amanda informed Breq as she came out of her office.

Breqlynn made the introductions. "I have to meet Keilynn for lunch. Do you mind keeping an eye on Kala for me?"

"Do you think that's wise?" Amanda interjected.

Rolling her eyes, Breqlynn explained, "Amanda doesn't like Kala, and my dog can sense that, so the feeling's mutual."

The little human smiled and patted the large dog on the head. "She's a sweetheart. We'll be fine, won't we?" Micah asked the non-devil-dog. A lick on her wrist was Kala's answer.

Amanda growled dire warnings under her breath as they left the building. Tuning her out, Breqlynn wondered what Wolfrick was doing. It was nearing 9 pm there, so she hoped the world's alphas weren't still harassing him. Brice and Gideon were the only allies he could trust. She wished she could've gone to add another to the ranks.

They walked a few blocks and entered "Cilantro," a restaurant that specialized in Mexican cuisine. There wasn't a single thing on the menu that Breq didn't like. The smell of frying meats, herbs, and spices assaulted her and made her mouth water as she entered.

Keys found a table in the front, right corner. It was flanked by large, picture windows on two sides. Breqlynn greeted her sister and sat next to one of them. Amanda next to Breq, taking her role as guardian seriously.

Juana, their normal waitress, came over to take their drink order. Her brows rose in question when Breqlynn ordered water with lemon. She usually had a margarita or a coke with her meal. Then, a moment later, her brows rose in an "aha" moment. "You're pregnant! How wonderful!" Ever since the end of the war, a new life being born was seen as a cause for celebration. So many lives had been cruelly extinguished, more than half the world's population had been wiped out.

"Thanks," Breq replied, not liking the attention the waitress' exclamation put on her table. Beside her, Amanda stiffened. While Gideon likely knew, none of the other Kingsmen had been told. Turning to the she-wolf, she grinned guiltily and lifted her shoulders. "It's still early, so we haven't told many people."

Amanda gave Breqlynn a genuine smile and congratulated her. Then, Juana left to fulfill their drink orders.

Alone once more, Keilynn said, "Speaking of your buns in the oven," Amanda and Breqlynn gave that bit of slang twin eye rolls, "I've been thinking." Lowering her voice, she continued, "You said your daughter had Wolf's green eyes, correct?"

Nodding, Breq replied, "Yes." She wondered where her sister was going with this.

"That shouldn't be," Keilynn stated. "Every Darkin female has been born with blue-black eyes. Some say it's a sign of the price such a dark curse demanded of the caster."

"So, what are you thinking, then?" Amanda asked, somewhat forcefully. Nearby patrons stopped eating, and their conversations halted as they cast their gazes on the corner table. The she-wolf's alpha stare had them dropping their eyes and turning their attention back to their meals.

Breqlynn made a face at an overly-curious passerby. Putting up a soundproof pocket of air around their table, she nodded for her sister to continue.

"I'm saying," Keilynn leaned across the table unnecessarily and lowered her voice, "that somehow the curse will be broken. If it hasn't been already by you and Wolf bonding, that is. Before you give birth, it'll be finally put to rest. It's the only way your daughter will have her father's eyes."

Amanda stilled. It was hard to tell if she even breathed. "I wouldn't be telling this to any other shifter just yet."

"Well, I wouldn't be telling you if you hadn't tagged along." Keys sounded a little pissy.

"How do you know it wasn't a hallucination?" Breqlynn interjected before they caused another scene. She'd been wondering that since she'd had her near-death experience.

"I considered that." Keys sounded pouty. "But I don't think it was. I believe one of your children, the one you met while dying, is an aether witch. A strong one at that."

"You're not making me feel any better." Breq's stomach turned at the thought the daughter she'd met would be hunted as soon as she drew her first breath.

"Here's your water!" Juana announced as if it were a special treasure. Breqlynn dropped the soundproofing as the waitress set the glass before her and produced a straw. The other drinks soon followed. Then, Juana took their orders and left.

"Do you truly believe it's possible?" Amanda asked as she ran a finger around the rim of her glass. The soundproofing was back in place.

"Yes, I do."

"The full moon is tomorrow," the female shifter reminded them carefully.

"I don't know if it's been broken – yet," Keys clarified.

There was a moment of silence as hope rose. If the curse weren't broken already, then Breq silently vowed to do everything in her power to break it before her children were born.

"And I'm to birth a powerful aether witch," Breqlynn all but whispered. She couldn't help but think of how easy it'd be for her enemies to take her out while the shifters went through a forced change. "It'll be a full-time job protecting her."

"But you'll have us to help," Keilynn assured.

"And the king and his Kingsmen," Amanda added.

"Will you stay with Wolfrick even if he's dethroned?" Breqlynn wondered.

"I believe Gideon will. As will I."

Nodding her thanks, Breq took another sip of the water. Her phone buzzed, and she looked at the screen. It was Jaeger.

"Hi, sexy beast," Breqlynn answered.

"Hello, yourself," another man with a local accent replied. His voice sounded familiar, but Breq couldn't place it.

"Oops, I thought you were someone else." The other two women could hear both ends of the conversation and started laughing. Breq scowled at them.

"Just my luck," the other man said, and Amanda mouthed a name. Brice.

"Are you batting your lashes at me?" Breqlynn asked, stifling a giggle as the other women shot her questioning looks.

"I might be."

"Where's Wolfrick?" Surely the North American First wouldn't be joking with Breq if there was in danger.

"He stepped into the shower. I wanted to let you know how it's going. He didn't want to worry you, but you're his mate, so I'm overriding that bullshit. Simply put, it's not looking good for our side."

Beside her, Amanda growled, and Breqlynn silently concurred with the sentiment.

"Doesn't he have any other allies on the council?" Breq tried to bring the sudden, murderous rage she was feeling under control.

"There are a few, but others aren't as vocal in their thoughts, so it's hard to tell. Our self-appointed leader, Zehra Avci, is one who's hard to read. She's not the strongest First by far, but others defer to her. If we can bring her to our side, this will be as good as settled. But...there's something I don't trust about her. It's not anything I can put my finger on and so I don't have anything to take to Wolf."

Breqlynn looked over at Amanda, who shook her head. The she-wolf knew nothing of this Avci woman.

Sighing, Breqlynn thanked Brice. Then, they heard the shower shut off, and the phone went dead. Setting hers back on the table, she asked, "You know nothing about this, Zehra?"

"Only that she showed up with the rest of the council at the king's home." Amanda proceeded to tell them of the events that unfolded after Breq and Aeddon had flown away. "Then, there is the fact that she's the first female in our history to be named a First. It's odd for a female who's so much weaker than the other alphas to wield so much power. One has to wonder how that came to be."

"Most likely, through nefarious means." Keys lowered her brows and wiggled them. Sobering, she continued, "If she isn't all that high in the hierarchy, I'd say blackmail was used instead of force."

Sucking on her straw, Breqlynn watched as her sister fished her phone out of her pocket and hit a speed dial number.

"Gideon, it's Keilynn." The other two women's eyebrows rose as they looked at each other. Neither had suspected the eldest female Darkin and the king's Second were so close. "Listen, we girls have been talking and think Zehra Avci has a blackmail scheme going with the other Firsts. It wouldn't hurt to try and find out what dirt they're trying to bury."

The male wolf chuckled. "Brice and I are looking into it already. We'd like for the king to have some leverage. But we didn't think about Zehra using the same tactics. Thank you for that - it makes sense as to how she's in charge of the others. I fear the king has a blind spot where that woman is concerned."

Breqlynn made a sound low in her throat as jealousy sparked. She should have mated the man before he left. Then there would be no doubt in any woman's mind he was hers.

"She came to the king's apartment a few minutes ago. They left to speak in private. I've learned that they've known each other for centuries. He knew her as a child."

Closing her eyes, Breqlynn sucked in a long breath through her nose. Were she a shifter, her claws would've likely made an appearance.

Ignoring her younger twin's display of temper, Keilynn the master spy continued. "Now would be a good time to look through her things. See if she's been stupid enough to write down a list. Or perhaps she saved it on her computer? If you get that far and have trouble, give me a call. I'll walk you through it."

They heard a door open, then close on the other end of the line. "I can but try. Wish me luck that Zehra's people are derelict and not on duty."

"Good luck," Keilynn hung up and smiled at the stunned faces before her. "It doesn't hurt to get in the mud to wrestle with the pigs now and then." She gave a one-shouldered shrug and spotted Juana coming to their table with a plate-laden tray.

"I don't think that's how the saying goes," Breqlynn said as she dropped the ward against eavesdropping.

"Here, we are!" Juana announced as she opened a stand and placed the tray on top. The woman was strong for a human.

"Oh, goodie!" Breq rubbed her hands together. "I'm starving!"

"Pregnancy will do that to you," Juana informed Breqlynn sagely. She was middle-aged and had four children of her own. They'd seen pictures and heard all her "proud mama" stories for years.

"If I have any questions, I know where to come."

"The most important advice I can give," Juana began as she expertly placed plates before them, "is to drink anise tea if you have morning sickness. I didn't have it with all of my pregnancies, but it did save me on more than one occasion."

"Remember that Keys, we need to get some anise tea."

Juana chuckled and made sure they had everything they ordered. "Is there anything else you need?"

After a chorus of "no," the waitress left. Breqlynn eyed her sister's chicken taco salad as she and Amanda dug into their meals. There was no way she could survive on rabbit food.

The talk was light and teasing as they ate. After Juana came by to refill their drinks, Keilynn asked, "I know Wolf doesn't want me to look into breaking the bond, but what about you, Breq?"

The crunchy taco nearly stuck in her throat as Breqlynn swallowed. Clearing it, she answered. "I don't think it needs to remain our main concern."

"You aren't yet mated." Amanda's tone held her confusion.

Taking a deep breath, Breq took a risk and filled the she-wolf in on the events leading up to their meeting at Jaeger's home.

"So, he is your...destined?" Amanda asked after learning of the artifact and its purpose.

"We think it might have been tampered with, or it misfired," Breqlynn was quick to explain. She might think it'd worked as advertised, but she felt Wolfrick should be the first to hear her thoughts on the subject.

"But the fact that we are bonded needs to be kept a secret." Breqlynn looked pointedly at Keilynn.

"Why are you looking at me like that and not her?" Keys thrust her fork in Amanda's direction.

"Because I have a feeling she's more discreet."

"I am. Who've I to tell?" Amanda asked with a somewhat sad tilt of her lips.

Reaching over, Breq patted the female shifter's forearm. "I've adopted you, so you've got Keys and me to tell. And Aeddon, if you really want to talk to him on purpose." She suddenly smiled, "You're an honorary Darkin now."

Amanda didn't look as pleased as one would expect at that news.

Juana came with the check, and Breqlynn pressed her for directions on how to brew anise tea. A new list in hand, Keilynn paid and the trio left.

Amanda and Breq were arguing about what breed Kala was when they re-entered her office. Keilynn held up her hand to stop the two, tall women's back and forth. "I'll be the judge." She walked inside two steps, saw Kala's glowing, red eyes and blanched. "Amanda wins this round, Breq."

"Ha!" The shifter acted as if she was a hair's breadth away from pumping her fist in the air.

"Where's Micah?" Breqlynn groused sourly.

"I'm back here!" the bubbly human called. From the sound of it, she was in the back room.

"I smell coffee." Following her nose, Breqlynn watched as her assistant took a full pot off the burner and filled four mugs. "I love you," Breq vowed as she snagged a cup.

Smiling, Micah mused, "I assume Amanda likes coffee as well?"

"Yes, Amanda most certainly does," the she-wolf answered and took a sip.

Making a face, Breqlynn pointed out, "That's black."

"I know. I like my coffee to be coffee-flavored."

Scowling, Breq fought her twin over the sugar bowl and creamer. The phone in her back pocket buzzed, and she fished it out with her free hand.

"It's the baby daddy," Breq announced and left the breakroom before answering.

"Hello, Breqlynn." The sound of Wolfrick's voice soothed her, even though he sounded exhausted. "How are you feeling? Are you staying out of trouble?"

Entering her office, Breqlynn shut the door with her foot. "I'm fine, other than pregnancy making me tired and cranky. I haven't maimed or killed anyone yet, so I guess that's a good thing."

There was a scratch at her door, and after setting her coffee on her desk, Breq retraced her steps. "As for the other question," she opened the door and let Kala inside, "it seems I've adopted a Black Dog. She isn't an evil hellhound, no matter what Amanda says."

"Breqlynn," Jaeger spoke her name, part question, part warning.

"Don't worry, Wolfrick. She found me for a reason, and if she wanted to hurt or kill me, she would have done so by now." Sitting at her desk, Breq gave Kala the attention she was demanding.

"If you're certain she is harmless, then I believe you."

"I'm sure she's harmless where I'm concerned, so stop worrying," Breqlynn carefully worded her answer. "How are you, by the way?" Scratching her dog behind the ears, she continued, "You sound tired, Jaeger."

"I am, but I feel better hearing your voice."

Grinning at the cheesy line, Breq decided not to bring up their Zehra concerns. If Wolfrick wanted to talk about it, he would. Besides, she felt better hearing his voice as well.

"The full moon is tomorrow night," Wolfrick reminded Breqlynn. "I'd like you to stay at my place where my people can better protect you."

Breq's spine stiffened. "You don't think Aeddon and I are capable?"

"I know you, and your father can take care of yourselves and each other. You're the one who told Death to 'fuck off,' after all." Breqlynn couldn't help but grin at that reminder and Jaeger's use of her favorite word. "But, now that they know who you are, what you are, others will be coming after you. It'd be one less thing for me to have to worry about were you to be in my home and surrounded by my people."

"I know what you're doing, wolf and damn if it's not working. Fine, I'll let you guilt me into moving back in. Most of my stuff is still there anyway."

"Thank you, Cinderella."

Breqlynn laughed. "Keys and Amanda wondered why you call me that. They think I'd be a better Snow White."

"What did you tell them?"

"I told them it's because you plan to keep me barefoot and knocked up."

"You did not tell them that!" Even as Wolfrick sounded scandalized, Breq could feel his deep satisfaction sing across their bond. The wolf liked the idea of her carrying his children, whether she was properly shod or not. She'd have to look into some serious birth control after the triplets were born.

"Hello, have you met me? Of course, I did."

Jaeger laughed, and the sound warmed Breq to her very soul. She was happy she could ease his misery. "I miss you, brat."

Sighing at Wolfrick's use of the nickname, Breqlynn asked, "How much longer are you going to attempt to be diplomatic? It's much quicker to rip out their throats and put a new, king-friendly council in place."

"I can see what you mean about the hormones." Wolfrick paused, and Breq heard him take a drink of something. "I'd love to do it your way, but Michaels won't let me."

"Are you pouting, wolf?"

There was a smile in Jaeger's voice, "Maybe."

"I know I'd be pouting if Gideon were bossing me around," Breqlynn commiserated. Over the line, she heard someone knock on the door. Wolfrick bid them enter. It was the werewolf they'd been talking about.

"I need to go. I'll call again tomorrow."

"Okay, but don't stay up too late. You need some rest."

"I'll go to bed soon. Good night, Breqlynn."

"Night, Wolfrick."

Breq frowned at the phone after the call ended. Were it not for Brice or Gideon; she'd have no idea what her wolf had to deal with. It was hard not to feel hurt by him shutting her out of his troubles. Didn't he trust her with the information? Didn't he think she was strong enough to help him bear his burdens? Even as Breqlynn understood that Wolfrick wanted to discuss more pleasant things with her to have a small break from the council, she still wished to hear his thoughts. What worried him? What gave him hope? Who were the ones he could trust and who were his enemies?

Brice told Breq that Wolfrick didn't want to worry her. Well, his not sharing was worrisome.

Grabbing her fastly-cooling mug, Breq left her office with Kala on her heels. "Looks like I'm going to be living in sin at Wolfrick's," she announced when she re-entered the breakroom. "We'll head there after we pick up anise seeds. I want to be prepared in case I get morning sickness."

Although she tried to sound like her usual, carefree self, Keys shot Breqlynn a worried frown. Later, she'd have to spill all to her sister. Oh, joy.

I hope you liked this chapter. If you want to point out mistakes or want to leave a comment, I'd appreciate that! Also, if you enjoyed reading this chapter, please consider voting for it. Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 119 6
*Available in full on Radish or Patreon!* She was born in fire. He was forged in ice. The clash will scorch them both. After a disease wipes out all...
61.4K 4.4K 43
"Dad's gone," my cousin's voice was barely above a whisper. "You must come home for the Evaluations," she uttered and the phone line went dead. *****...
507K 19.4K 10
Alice is twenty-four, far old enough to know that a change of scenery can't repair the cracks in a relationship long strained. But when her lover ins...
8K 339 94
Maeve's ability to touch others' souls can be heartbreaking and confusing, but when she connects with two murderers, it turns her world upside down...